Total Posts:267|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

TBJ2: The State of California VS Murral Reed

TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 12:19:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Welcome everyone to the TBJ2 Trial thread. Both the defense and the prosecution have informed me they are ready to go.

****RULES****
1. Attorney's may object to any and all questions asked from the list of objections below.

2. A certain level of conduct will be sustained throughout this trial. Speaking out of turn, arguing before it's the appropriate time, etc, are all conduct issues.

3. This is a mock trial, so witnesses should play the part of the character they are portraying. Each witness however is under oath, and must answer truthfully. Lying in court will dis-credit the witness if caught by the opposing attorney. If you have any questions, please ask me in your team thread, not here.

4. Witnesses can not be recalled by either party, until every witness has been called at least one, and been given the oppertunity to be direct/cross examined.

****FRAMEWORK FOR THIS TRIAL****

1. Prosecution delivers opening statement.
The prosecutor in a criminal case summarizes the evidence which will be presented to prove the case.

2. Defense delivers opening statement.
The defendant's attorney in a criminal or civil case summarizes the evidence for the
Court which will be presented to rebut the case the prosecution has made.

3. Direct examination by Prosecution.

The prosecutors (plaintiff's attorneys) conduct the direct examination of its own witnesses. At this time, testimony and other evidence to prove the prosecution's (plaintiff's) case will be represented. The purpose of direct examination is to allow the witness to state the facts in support of the case.

4. Cross examination by the Defense.

After the attorney for the prosecution (plaintiff) has completed questioning each witness, the judge then allows the other party (i.e., defense attorney) to cross-examine the witness. The cross-examiner seeks to clarify or cast doubt upon the testimony of opposing witnesses. Inconsistency in stories, bias, and other damaging facts may be pointed out to the judge through cross-examination.

5. Direct examination by the Defense.

After all the prosecution's (plaintiff's) witnesses have been examined by both sides, the defense will present its witnesses. Direct examination of each defense witness follows the same pattern as the above which describes the process for prosecution's witnesses.

6. Cross examination by the Prosecution.

Cross-examination of each defense witness follows the same patten as the step above for cross-examination by the defense.

7. Closing arguments of the Prosecution.

The closing argument is a review of the evidence presented. It should indicate how the evidence has satisfied the elements of the charge or claim, point out the law applicable to the case, and ask for a favorable verdict.

8. Closing arguments of the Defense.

The closing argument for the defense is essentially the same as for the prosecution. Counsel for the defense reviews the evidence as presented, indicates how the evidence does not satisfy the elements of the charge or claim, stresses the fact favorable to the defense and asks for a verdict favorable to the defense.

9. Decision making.

The judge me will have a very minor role in this game. I will basically state who's turn it is, and overrule/sustain objections made by either party. The Jury will then make a vote on who they believe won. In order to win, the party must be granted a unanimous, or a majority decision by the 3 part Jury. Jury will have a 50% shot at winning, no matter what, adjusted to who the prosecution picked.

****TESTIMONIES AND EVIDENCE****

PROSECUTION TEAM:

Attorney: Medic0506
Aaron Stirt: DaytonnaNerd http://www.debate.org...
Jessica Baron: Viper-King
http://www.debate.org...
Reeves Cathy Johnson: Chelicrae
http://www.debate.org...

DEFENSE TEAM:

Attorney: jm_notguilty
Julie May Keeler: Evank
http://www.debate.org...
Murral Reed: Blackhawk1331
http://www.debate.org...
Kieth Patrick O'Donnel: 16kadams
http://www.debate.org...

Evidence found at the crime scene:
http://www.debate.org...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 12:20:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
AVAILABLE OBJECTIONS

1. Argumentative Question: An attorney shall not ask argumentative questions, i.e. one that asks the witness to agree to a conclusion drawn by the questioner without eliciting testimony as to new facts. The court, however, in its discretion, may allow limited use of argumentative questions on cross-exam.

2. Assuming Facts Not in Evidence: Attorneys may not ask a question that assumes unproved facts. However, an expert witness may be asked a question based upon stated assumptions, the truth of which is reasonably supported by evidence (sometimes called a "hypothetical question").

3. Badgering the Witness: An attorney may not harass or continue to annoy/aggravate a witness.

4. Beyond the Scope: Applies only to redirect & re-cross.

5. Character Evidence

6. Hearsay

7. Irrelevant

8. Lack of Personal Knowledge: A witness may not testify on any matter of which the witness has no personal knowledge

9. Lack of Proper Predicate/Foundation: Attorneys shall lay a proper foundation prior to moving the admission of evidence. The basic idea is that before a witness can testify to anything important, it must be shown that the testimony rests on adequate foundation. After the exhibit has been offered into evidence, the exhibit may still be objected to on other grounds.

10.Leading Question

11.Non-Responsive Answer: A witness' answer is objectionable if it fails to respond to the question asked.

12.Opinion on Ultimate Issue

13.Question Calling for Narrative or General Answer: Questions must be stated so as to call for a specific answer. (Example of improper question: "Tell us what you know about this case.")

14 Repetition/Ask & Answered: Questions designed to elicit the same testimony or evidence previously presented in its entirety are improper if merely offered as a repetition of the same testimony or evidence from the same or similar source.

15.Speculation: A witness' testimony should be based on the facts and issues of the case being argued. An attorney shall not ask a question which allows the witness to make suppositions based on hypothetical situations.

16.Unfair Extrapolation
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:52:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thank you, Your Honor.

*Walks slowly and dramatically toward the podium, then faces the jury*

You know, opening day is an exciting day for most of us involved with the trial, but in all the excitement, it's easy to lose sight of why we are here. We are here today because the life of a young man ended tragically, one weekend, at the hands of his very best friend, the defendant, Murral Reed.

*Walks to stand near Andy's parents so the jury sees them crying, and softly gestures toward them*

We are here because Mr. and Mrs. Turner deserve closure, and justice, after the life of their beloved son, Andrew, was needlessly cut short. These loving parents will never again hug their son. His mother will never again see the joy in his face when she bakes him his favorite cookies. His father will never again enjoy their weekly "man-time", fishing or going to a ball game. Neither of them will ever enjoy the love of grand-children, bouncing them on their knees and telling them stories about things their father did when he was little. They won't enjoy those moments that most of us, in our older years, cherish the most, because Andy was an only child. That lifetime of precious moments were stolen from them, and replaced with emptiness. They were stolen by the defendant, Murral Reed.

*Stands silently for a moment, then walks slowly back to the podium*

On July 17, Andrew Turner was celebrating his 20th birthday with some friends. The defendant's uncle had a cabin up in the woods so they decided to make use of it. Andy, Aaron Stirt, Julie May Keeler, Jessica Baron, Keith O'Donnell, and the defendant Murral Reed, all went to the cabin to celebrate Andy's birthday and enjoy a weekend in the woods. It seemed like a perfectly normal scenario, six friends, all graduates of Arroyo High School, out for a weekend of fun. That fun would soon turn deadly, though.

Shortly after midnight, Andy disappeared, and after a short search, the police were called. A few hours later, at 3:00 am, Andy's body was found at the bottom of the cliff. From where they found the body, police could look straight up, 300 feet, and see the ledge where hours earlier, Andy and the defendant got into a fight. During that fight, Andy sustained a superficial stab wound to the abdomen, but this wound was not fatal. The object only went in about a half inch. It threatened no organs, and there was no blood found anywhere that would indicate significant blood loss from the wound.

The fight ended with the life being strangled out of young Andy while he was trying to dial 911 on his phone. How do we know this?? Strangulation marks were found on his neck during investigation. In addition, his cell phone was found, with 911 punched in, however, that call was never sent. He punched in 911…

*I pick up my cell phone and pretend to frantically dial 911*

…but as he lay on the ground being strangled, and the life slipped out of him, the phone slipped from Andy's hand, before he could complete the call.

*I let the phone slip out of my hand, as I stand with one hand around my throat, closing my eyes, imitating death. The THUD is heard throughout the silent courtroom*

Then his body was pushed over the ledge, by the killer.

I want you all to think about your very best friend, the person who knows you better than anyone else, the person that you trust so much that you share all aspects of your life with. Now I want you to close your eyes, and imagine you and that friend up on that ledge, where Andy and Murral were. Now imagine that suddenly and unexpectedly, that friend attacked you, stabbed you, and began choking you. Imagine the shock, the fear, the betrayal, not to mention the pain, that you would be feeling. Sheer terror.

*Pauses for a moment to let the jury imagine the scenario*

Now open your eyes. What you can only imagine, was this naïve young man's reality during his last few moments on this earth.

*Pauses for dramatic effect*

During this trial, defense attorneys will attempt to create a reasonable doubt in your mind, as to whether the defendant committed this murder. That is their job, and the defendant is to be presumed innocent, unless I can prove him guilty. Reasonable doubt, however, does not mean that I have to remove ALL doubt, as that is physically impossible unless you were there. That's an important distinction to make as you listen to testimony and look at the evidence. The judge will give you further instruction at the end of the trial, and you'll see that the criminal code of the State of California defines reasonable doubt as I did.

If you still find reasonable doubt after the trial, I want you to find the defendant not guilty. No one, myself included, wants an innocent person convicted of this murder. However, I'm quite confident that you'll see, during the course of this trial, that the evidence presented, along with the testimony of witnesses, will show that Andy's killer is the person who he thought of as his best friend. The killer is the person who, by his own admission, was the last to see Andy alive. That killer is in the court room today.

*Walks toward the defense table and gestures toward the defendant*

That killer is the defendant, Murral Reed.

Thank you.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 8:21:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thankyou, Medic, you may now be seated. Would the defense like to post their opening sentiments?

(btw, if I am not on when it is your turn, just go ahead and go, so this isn't hung up on my inactivity.)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
jm_notguilty
Posts: 683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 5:21:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, good morning, I'll make this brief. My name is JM and I'm here to represent my client, Murral Reed, on a trial for which he is being prosecuted with merely insignificant evidence. I'm here to ensure that my client receives a fair trial and that justice will prevail.

I will start with what Mr. Medic, our dear prosecutor, mentioned in his opening. My job as a defense attorney is to try to create reasonable doubt to negate the evidence the prosecution has to offer. And even if the slightest measure of this doubt remains in your mind pertaining to my client's guilt, or if you think the defendant is possibly or highly likely to be guilty, but not definitely guilty beyond reasonable doubt, then you must acquit. You must find my client ‘not guilty'.

"The burden of proof lies with who declares, not who denies"

This is the principle of the Presumption of Innocence our justice system has that states that every defendant is innocent until proven guilty, and that the state is the only party with the burden to prove. They are required to prove the guilt of the defendant and that the defense is not required to prove innocence. Since the burden of proof is on the prosecution, they have the duty to prove guilt beyond all reasonable doubt. In order to do this, opposing counsel needs enough compelling evidence to present the court of the crime for which my client is being prosecuted, which, obviously, they do not have.

Now, the District Attorney has told us a nice and touching story of our victim and his loving family coping with the tragedy of their lost son, though he left out the fact that his abusive father was threatening the family again. He then proceeded to tell us the about the fun weekend Andy's going to celebrate his birthday at, leading to the gruesome night where his death will take place. You see, opposing counsel's opening statement is vague, and there are lots of things that are quite missing in it. That's probably since he didn't tell you all the facts of the case. But that's why I'm here to connect the dots, and we will all find the truth throughout the trial.

Now let's proceed to the prosecutor's view of the events, on how my client and the victim were sitting on the ledge talking, and out of the blue, my client attacks the victim and begins to stab him with an unidentified sharp object which the investigators do not know.

Then, Mr. Medic alleged that the defendant proceeded to choke him while the victim tried to call 911 but failed since ‘his life slipped out of him'. But the victim died from the fall, not before the fall. That was something the prosecution failed to tell you. But does the DA's theory sound assuring or plausible to you?

Not for me, in fact, it sounds very impossible. Why choke someone if you already have a stabbing weapon? And I find it odd that Andy, while being choked, was able to reach into his pocket, get and unlock his cellphone with a code and dial 3 digits. It's a nice fairytale, but like all fairytales, I'm not buying it.

The DA states that Murral was the last one to see Andy, but there's a highly likely possibility that someone could have met with Andy after Murral left. I think that's what all the prosecution has to indict my client.

Nevertheless, we will prove that the prosecution did not thoroughly investigate the case. All they have is a ridiculous theory that has full of holes. We will prove that there is absolutely no evidence, direct or even genuine circumstantial evidence to convict my client. We will show that there is also no forensic evidence linking Mr. Reed to the crime and no eye witnesses to place Mr. Reed at the exact time of his best friend's death. Also, where's my client's motive? The prosecution failed to even remotely establish that in his opening.

My defense will introduce witnesses that support Mr. Reed and we will probably show witnesses that could possibly be a link to this devastating tragedy. His Honor TUF has provided us the evidence/testimonies in his first post. I suggest you read it to get ready for the questioning and cross examination of the witnesses. There are lots of evidence to suggest a possible culprit, but the prosecution chose indict the best friend of the victim, which is a sad mistake.

Ladies and gentlemen, to conclude my opening, I just want to remind you to stay away from prejudice by being rational and keeping an open mind. I trust that you uphold the law and listen to the evidence at hand and return with a verdict as it states in my name. Thank you.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:12:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good morning Mr. Stirt, and thank you for being here today.

You mention that you and Andy participated in a lot of activities together, including weightlifting. Would you say that Andy was in pretty good shape, physically??

Knowing his strength and physical ability, would you be surprised if you learned that he was not able to defend himself from an attack from a girl?? We're talking about your average girl, such as the two with you on the trip.

Did you and Andy ever discuss your families??
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:55:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 10:12:41 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Good morning Mr. Stirt, and thank you for being here today.

You mention that you and Andy participated in a lot of activities together, including weightlifting. Would you say that Andy was in pretty good shape, physically??
From what I saw when we were playing Football, Yeah, Andy was in a pretty good state.
Knowing his strength and physical ability, would you be surprised if you learned that he was not able to defend himself from an attack from a girl?? We're talking about your average girl, such as the two with you on the trip.
Oh c'mon. Andy was pretty strong. Of course he would be able to withstand and defend an attack from a girl
Did you and Andy ever discuss your families??
No, we never did discuss that kind of stuff.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
jm_notguilty
Posts: 683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:42:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 10:55:33 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/11/2012 10:12:41 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Good morning Mr. Stirt, and thank you for being here today.

You mention that you and Andy participated in a lot of activities together, including weightlifting. Would you say that Andy was in pretty good shape, physically??
From what I saw when we were playing Football, Yeah, Andy was in a pretty good state.
Knowing his strength and physical ability, would you be surprised if you learned that he was not able to defend himself from an attack from a girl?? We're talking about your average girl, such as the two with you on the trip.
Oh c'mon. Andy was pretty strong. Of course he would be able to withstand and defend an attack from a girl
Did you and Andy ever discuss your families??
No, we never did discuss that kind of stuff.

Objection, move to strike the bolded part. Counsel has asked a leading question suggesting that the victim may have been attacked by an average girl which also lacks foundation. Also, I'm not sure how the two girls are average looking?
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:47:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 11:42:30 AM, jm_notguilty wrote:
Objection, move to strike the bolded part. Counsel has asked a leading question suggesting that the victim may have been attacked by an average girl which also lacks foundation. Also, I'm not sure how the two girls are average looking?

Overruled, the witness has already answered the question. Prosecution, please try to avoid such questions in the future however.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 3:01:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Did you and Andy ever have any problems in your friendship??

Aside from the issue with Keith, that you talked about in your statement, had you ever seen or known about Andy having a problem with any of the people on this trip??

Did Andy bleed when his nose was broken during the football game??

If so, did his blood get on anyone??
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 6:50:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 3:01:50 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Did you and Andy ever have any problems in your friendship??
No, our friendship was rock-solid. We did tons of stuff together
Aside from the issue with Keith, that you talked about in your statement, had you ever seen or known about Andy having a problem with any of the people on this trip??
I know Andy had a problem with Julie hitting on him during the trip. Other than that, I don't think so.
Did Andy bleed when his nose was broken during the football game??
Yeah, his nose was bleeding a bit.
If so, did his blood get on anyone??

I think Julie may have gotten blood on her when she was cleaning his nose. Other than that, I don't recall blood getting on anyone else.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:46:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Did any of Andy's blood get on Keith's shirt when he tackled him??

In your statement, you say that Julie was "hitting on" Murral. Can you clarify what you mean by that??

Did Andy ever talk to you about Julie Keeler??

Had you ever known Andy to have a girlfriend??

Did Andy ever do or say anything that made you think that he might be gay or bisexual??
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:12:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 10:46:48 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Did any of Andy's blood get on Keith's shirt when he tackled him??
I never bothered to look. I would think so, as it was a hard direct hit
In your statement, you say that Julie was "hitting on" Murral. Can you clarify what you mean by that??
She was getting pretty deep with Murral. I'm talking about base rounding, if you know what I mean.
Did Andy ever talk to you about Julie Keeler??
No, Andy never talked to me about Julie. As far as I am aware, he isn't know Julie too well.
Had you ever known Andy to have a girlfriend??
Of course in High School, I know he had some flings with some of the girls. After High School, I don't think he ever did.
Did Andy ever do or say anything that made you think that he might be gay or bisexual??

Not to me, no. If he was, it would be shocking. He would have to have hid it pretty good.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 7:37:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 11:12:02 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/11/2012 10:46:48 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Did any of Andy's blood get on Keith's shirt when he tackled him??
I never bothered to look. I would think so, as it was a hard direct hit
In your statement, you say that Julie was "hitting on" Murral. Can you clarify what you mean by that??
She was getting pretty deep with Murral. I'm talking about base rounding, if you know what I mean.

For us older folks who aren't up on the lingo, could you please be specific about what you mean by "base rounding"??

Did Andy ever talk to you about Julie Keeler??
No, Andy never talked to me about Julie. As far as I am aware, he isn't know Julie too well.
Had you ever known Andy to have a girlfriend??
Of course in High School, I know he had some flings with some of the girls. After High School, I don't think he ever did.
Did Andy ever do or say anything that made you think that he might be gay or bisexual??

Not to me, no. If he was, it would be shocking. He would have to have hid it pretty good.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 7:44:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You say that when Andy got upset, he and Murrel left the cabin to go outside and talk. Was this after the episode of flirtation between Julie Keeler and the defendant??

When Andy left with Murral, was that the last time you saw Andy alive??
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 8:17:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 7:37:03 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/11/2012 11:12:02 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/11/2012 10:46:48 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Did any of Andy's blood get on Keith's shirt when he tackled him??
I never bothered to look. I would think so, as it was a hard direct hit
In your statement, you say that Julie was "hitting on" Murral. Can you clarify what you mean by that??
She was getting pretty deep with Murral. I'm talking about base rounding, if you know what I mean.

For us older folks who aren't up on the lingo, could you please be specific about what you mean by "base rounding"??
By base rounding, I mean getting closer and closer, until they actually were having sex, I think.
Did Andy ever talk to you about Julie Keeler??
No, Andy never talked to me about Julie. As far as I am aware, he isn't know Julie too well.
Had you ever known Andy to have a girlfriend??
Of course in High School, I know he had some flings with some of the girls. After High School, I don't think he ever did.
Did Andy ever do or say anything that made you think that he might be gay or bisexual??

Not to me, no. If he was, it would be shocking. He would have to have hid it pretty good.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 8:19:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 7:44:15 AM, medic0506 wrote:
You say that when Andy got upset, he and Murrel left the cabin to go outside and talk. Was this after the episode of flirtation between Julie Keeler and the defendant??
Yes, this was after the flirts
When Andy left with Murral, was that the last time you saw Andy alive??
Yes, that was the last time I would say most of us saw him alive.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:26:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 8:17:57 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/12/2012 7:37:03 AM, medic0506 wrote:

By base rounding, I mean getting closer and closer, until they actually were having sex, I think.

You "think" they were actually having sex??

Were they fully clothed, partially clothed, or nude, at the time that you think they were having sex??

Where, in the cabin, was all this activity taking place??

Where, in the cabin, were you and Andy while this was happening??

Did Andy see the two of them during this episode of sexual activity??

Do you know where Keith and Jessica were at the time this was happening??
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 10:04:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 9:26:28 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/12/2012 8:17:57 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/12/2012 7:37:03 AM, medic0506 wrote:

By base rounding, I mean getting closer and closer, until they actually were having sex, I think.

You "think" they were actually having sex??
Yeah, that's what was going on.
Were they fully clothed, partially clothed, or nude, at the time that you think they were having sex??
I would say they were partially clothed
Where, in the cabin, was all this activity taking place??
It was in the main room
Where, in the cabin, were you and Andy while this was happening??
We where in the main room, playing Beer Pong
Did Andy see the two of them during this episode of sexual activity??
Yeah, he saw Murral and Julie during this.
Do you know where Keith and Jessica were at the time this was happening??

They were with us. This was when we were all playing Beer Pong.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 10:52:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You said you were all playing beer pong. Did Andy seem upset prior to seeing Julie begin flirting with the defendant??

Would you say that Andy was intoxicated??

Did the cabin have more than one door??

You said that Murral went to bed, after he alleges that he left Andy outside. Did you actually see him go into his room??

Would it be possible for someone to sneak in or out of the cabin without your knowledge??
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 11:40:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 10:52:34 AM, medic0506 wrote:
You said you were all playing beer pong. Did Andy seem upset prior to seeing Julie begin flirting with the defendant??
He wasn't too happy earlier when Julie was getting Frisky with him.
Would you say that Andy was intoxicated??
Yeah, we were all pretty drunk, including Andy.
Did the cabin have more than one door??
Yes, yes it did, if you're talking about Bedroom Doors.
You said that Murral went to bed, after he alleges that he left Andy outside. Did you actually see him go into his room??
Yeah, I saw him go in.
Would it be possible for someone to sneak in or out of the cabin without your knowledge??

Probably, since we were all wasted, it wouldn't be too hard to sneak in or out.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:01:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 12:49:47 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Thank you, Mr. Stirt.

Your Honor, at this time I have no further questions for this witness.

Thankyou, the defense may now cross examine the witness.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
jm_notguilty
Posts: 683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:08:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thank you, Your Honor.

Mr. Stirt, you stated that all of you including Andy were intoxicated or drunk. Is this the first time you've seen Andy drunk?

How many exit doors were there?

How long was the movie?

Can you give us an estimate on what time the film began and ended?
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:23:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 2:08:51 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
Thank you, Your Honor.

Mr. Stirt, you stated that all of you including Andy were intoxicated or drunk. Is this the first time you've seen Andy drunk?
I have seen Andy drunk before a few months back at a party.
How many exit doors were there?
1. The front door.
How long was the movie?
About 2 hours.
Can you give us an estimate on what time the film began and ended?

It started at about 11 PM, and ended at about 1 AM.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:43:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Your Honor I'm going to object to any questioning involving specific times.

There were no times given in any of the information that prosecution was allowed to use to decide who to prosecute. Further, we were not allowed to investigate or question any witnesses about specific times.

This timeline, if it were going to be allowed, should have been allowed prior to prosecution deciding who to charge. Since it wasn't, it's extremely unfair to allow times to be used by the defense, after the prosecution had to make their decision without the benefit of having them.
jm_notguilty
Posts: 683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:46:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Can you tell us your experience on what you observed at that party concerning Andy?

Did you watch the movie in the main room?

If so, was the exit door visible from said room? Also, what rooms can the exit door be seen enough to see someone leave?

Did Jess or Murral go somewhere else, say, the bathroom or outside while watching the movie?

What time did you call the police?