Jump to topic:

The Mafia Multi-account

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 6:17:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Many people have felt the need or desire to have multi-accounts when playing mafia. For some, they want to see what it is like to be a noob. Others want to avoid getting killed NP1. Still others have burned so many bridges that they simply want a fresh start. Whatever the case may be, the the mafia multi-account (hereon called TMMA for short) has the following characteristics:

1) Makes a random post in the mafia thread

Sometimes, this is in the adopt me thread, sometimes in the mod-list, sometimes in the sign ups for games. TMMA generally asks a question or two about mafia and how it is played. At that point they are referred to the beginner games. But alas, they do not want to play beginner games. This leads to their next characteristic.

2) Is this like Epic mafia?

No it isn't. Of course TMMA knows this. The mention of epic mafia is not a genuine question to determine the similarities between DDO and Epicmafia. This is a subtle declaration that TMMA has played mafia before and would like to announce that to DDO in order to be accepted into the regular games. This also serves the purpose of not drawing too much attention to TMMA's experienced level style of play. They would simply play it off as having played mafia before.

3) Troll threads

Outside of the games forum, TMMAs often challenge members they know from their previous accounts to troll debates. They make controversial posts in the forums to draw a lot of attention to themselves.

tl,dr: I am bored.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 6:58:08 PM
I don't see what's wrong with a Mafia multi-accou as long as these conditions are followed:

A. The Mafia multi-account is only used for Mafia.

B. The real account stops playing Mafia but instead uses the new account.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 8:24:27 PM
At 8/10/2012 6:58:08 PM, Viper-King wrote:
I don't see what's wrong with a Mafia multi-account as long as these conditions are followed:

I agree.

On an unrelated note, I still think the multi was royal. The failed attempt at humor matches something she would say.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 8:27:08 PM
At 8/10/2012 6:17:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Many people have felt the need or desire to have multi-accounts when playing mafia. For some, they want to see what it is like to be a noob. Others want to avoid getting killed NP1. Still others have burned so many bridges that they simply want a fresh start. Whatever the case may be, the the mafia multi-account (hereon called TMMA for short) has the following characteristics:

1) Makes a random post in the mafia thread

Sometimes, this is in the adopt me thread, sometimes in the mod-list, sometimes in the sign ups for games. TMMA generally asks a question or two about mafia and how it is played. At that point they are referred to the beginner games. But alas, they do not want to play beginner games. This leads to their next characteristic.

2) Is this like Epic mafia?

No it isn't. Of course TMMA knows this. The mention of epic mafia is not a genuine question to determine the similarities between DDO and Epicmafia. This is a subtle declaration that TMMA has played mafia before and would like to announce that to DDO in order to be accepted into the regular games. This also serves the purpose of not drawing too much attention to TMMA's experienced level style of play. They would simply play it off as having played mafia before.

3) Troll threads

Outside of the games forum, TMMAs often challenge members they know from their previous accounts to troll debates. They make controversial posts in the forums to draw a lot of attention to themselves.

tl,dr: I am bored.

Completely right. I think If I was making a noob account, I would be smarter at this. I would do some debating, have the account open for at least 2 weeks to a month, feign oblivious to the existence of this forum, and then eventually make my way over her discreetly. Royal, just wants to jump right into mafia, though, and doesn't put forth the patient effort required in order to be accepted as a noob.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 8:45:56 PM
At 8/10/2012 6:58:08 PM, Viper-King wrote:
I don't see what's wrong with a Mafia multi-accou as long as these conditions are followed:

wouldn't it only be required that the person uses one account per game?
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:49:12 PM
What multi are we talking about?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:50:29 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:49:12 PM, Mestari wrote:
What multi are we talking about?

Military Atheist.

LK or Royal are the most popular guesses.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:50:57 PM
I thought Royal was Helter?
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:51:56 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:50:57 PM, Mestari wrote:

???

Where did you get that from. I had no idea.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:52:15 PM

She's probably both.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:53:38 PM
I would like to see Royal make like 13 multis, start a mafia game where she is the mod, and plays the game using only her multis.

That would be great.
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:55:11 PM

Is there an way to prove that I am not an alternate account? Several people have accused me of being "royalpaladin" through PM.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:58:15 PM
Its not her. I interrogated her for like 30 minutes a couple days ago about it, but she wouldn't budge. I'm pretty sure she would have admitted eventually :/
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:58:26 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:51:56 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

???

Where did you get that from. I had no idea.

Her comments in feminism threads for one. There is also the way she speaks in her gay marriage debate using lingo that lends itself to high school debate. Her take on it in the first round is also one a high school debater would use. The same information is hidden on that profile as on Royal's. She picked a location out in the middle of nowhere, just like last time. She did three silly debates right away just like last time. 400 posts in 2 weeks is coming on faster than most people. The profile pic is one she would use. Only an idiot would say they are a conservative republican who supports Obama. Royal would try to seem politically oblivious to not seem like Royal. It's part of what we talked about when she made her last multi (that I'm aware of). The fact that she is impatient to get back into mafia.

I thought it was obvious, really.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:59:05 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:52:15 PM, TUF wrote:

She's probably both.

It sounds like royalpaladin has several accounts.

Maybe all of you are paranoid. I fail to see the purpose of such behavior.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:59:09 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:58:15 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Its not her. I interrogated her for like 30 minutes a couple days ago about it, but she wouldn't budge. I'm pretty sure she would have admitted eventually :/

Hmm. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't. The only people she told last time she told before she left. I don't believe she would openly admit it after the fact.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:00:54 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:59:05 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:

She's probably both.

I'm pretty certain now. Show of hands, how many people here would not try to find out who this "Royalpaladin" is and why people even care if they were accused of being her multi? Nobody? Okay. Hi Royal! I messaged you before I realized you were gone. :( I even made a thread. You can use your old account you know. :/
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:02:43 PM
Wait, so because I did debate in high school and royalpaladin did debate in high school, I am royalpaladin?

That's pretty flawed reasoning. I'm guessing that you were not a high school debater.

I am sure that several other members have high post counts.

Also, there are plenty of women who are anti-feminists. Just because royal and I are both anti-feminists does not mean that we are the same person.

My location in Utah is not "random"; it is my home, thank you very much.

It sounds like you were close to royal. If she wanted to make an alternate account, why would she leave you out of the loop?

I am willing to subject myself to any and all tests to prove that I am not royalpaladin. This nonsense must end immediately.
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:03:37 PM
At 8/10/2012 10:00:54 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 8/10/2012 9:59:05 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:

She's probably both.

I'm pretty certain now. Show of hands, how many people here would not try to find out who this "Royalpaladin" is and why people even care if they were accused of being her multi? Nobody? Okay. Hi Royal! I messaged you before I realized you were gone. :( I even made a thread. You can use your old account you know. :/

BlackVoid already admitted to messaging me. I was also messaged by Inferno and Koopin.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:05:40 PM
First off, the passive aggressiveness in this post is common from Royal.

At 8/10/2012 10:02:43 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
Wait, so because I did debate in high school and royalpaladin did debate in high school, I am royalpaladin?

That's pretty flawed reasoning. I'm guessing that you were not a high school debater.

Also, there are plenty of women who are anti-feminists. Just because royal and I are both anti-feminists does not mean that we are the same person.

It sounds like you were close to royal. If she wanted to make an alternate account, why would she leave you out of the loop?

Annnnnnnnd this is a dead giveaway.

I am willing to subject myself to any and all tests to prove that I am not royalpaladin. This nonsense must end immediately.

Also, you turned from not really caring to being seemingly pissed about the situation moments after I posted. As expected.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:07:03 PM
At 8/10/2012 10:03:37 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
BlackVoid already admitted to messaging me. I was also messaged by Inferno and Koopin.

That's not what I was asking. Whatever, I don't feel the need to argue with you. I'm not one to hold grudges. Hello Helter, I'm Mestari. Welcome to the wonderful world of Mafia. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:08:38 PM

Ok, pm me a picture of yourself and I'll be able tell.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:09:17 PM
I'm gonna make a multi sometime and see if you guys can figure it out. I'll use a different writing style and everything.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:09:59 PM
At 8/10/2012 10:08:38 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Lies. She doesn't give out her picture. I'm reporting you to the popo for being a creeper.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:10:29 PM
At 8/10/2012 10:09:17 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'm gonna make a multi sometime and see if you guys can figure it out. I'll use a different writing style and everything.

I'm just going to accuse every new member with a different writing style than you of being your multi. Can't go wrong there.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:17:05 PM

You live in utah? what city? I am bored wanna hang out!?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:20:14 PM
At 8/10/2012 10:09:59 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 8/10/2012 10:08:38 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Lies. She doesn't give out her picture. I'm reporting you to the popo for being a creeper.

Thanx dumass. Well so much for that test.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:20:53 PM
At 8/10/2012 10:17:05 PM, TUF wrote:
You live in utah? what city? I am bored wanna hang out!?

Jk btw. Anyways, I can ask you some questions, that only a true Utahn would know.