Jump to topic:

Lateral Thinking Puzzles Mod List

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 2:10:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/14/2012 9:27:14 AM, drafterman wrote:
I\\\'m sure most of you have heard of these kinds of puzzles, they start with some bizzare scenario like:

\\\"A man is dead in a field, wearing a backpack. How did he die?\\\"

The answer is: \\\"He was parachuting and his parachute failed to open.\\\"

Now, the point isn\\\'t to guess the answer in one shot, but ask Yes/No questions to discover enough information to determine what the answer is. After all, given only the information in the initial scenario, there are a number of possible answers, but only one correct answer.

In the above example, you may ask about various ways of dying (Murder, Suicide, Dehydration, Blunt Force Trama), you may try and figure out what is in the back pack, yada yada.

The game doesn\\\'t have sign-ups and isn\\\'t restricted to any closed set of players. It is available to anyone who wishes to join in. Now, many of these are very popular (For example: albatross soup), so I\\\'ll try and modify the details to inhibit discovering the answer via Google Searching. I ask that, if you are going to participate, please do so in the spirit of the game and: A) don\\\'t try and Google Search the answer; and B) if you recognize the problem, please sit it out and let others try and figure it out.

On to the puzzle!

Scenario: A man lies on the ground, dead. He is next to a bike and many ball bearings. How did he die and why?

Notes: This puzzle requires a bit of detail. For example \\\"He was shot\\\" wouldnt be an acceptable answer, even if he was shot. You must determine the events of his death, to sufficient detail. I will reveal any part of the answer that is correct, so you don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t have to get the whole answer before guessing.

1. M.Torres