Jump to topic:

LOTR Mafia DP 2

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 3:32:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
While Gwaihir was circling above the mountain tops surveying the surroundings, the Balrog attacked him from no where. It pulled him from the sky and stabbed him through the heart, killing him instantly.

Sauron dispatched his wraiths after the Balrog. It threatened his Orcs in the Mines of Moria. The Wraiths caught the Balrog, and engaged it. After a long and drawn out fight, the Wraiths finally managed to kill the Balrog.

Zaradi - You are GWAIHIR THE WINDLORD. You are the greatest of the Great Eagles. You and your Eagles flew far and wide working to gather information regarding the orcs and the Fellowship for Gandalf. As a result, you are the WATCHER AND TRACKER. (watched orc movements and tracked down the Fellowship once Gandalf had been separated) You may choose one person per night and learn who they visited and who visited them. You win with the town.

Royal - You are the BALROG, an extremely violant and ancient creature. The Dwarves released you in Moria when their greed drove them to dig too deep. You terrify everyone around you. Since you are so destructive and violent, you are the SERIAL KILLER. However, there is a twist. In order to win, you must not kill off every other person, but rather kill Gandalf the Grey. If he alone dies at your hands, then you are victorious. This can be achieved in one of three ways. 1) You can night kill him. 2) You can hammer a lynch on him. 3) You can lead a lynch on him. Be warned. Gandalf the Grey knows of your existence and your intent to kill him. If he finds you before you kill him, you will die. You win if and only if Gandalf dies at your hands.

Living Players List
1. F-16
2. Budda
3. Drafter
4. Apollo
5. LK
6. TUF
7. FT
8. IFLY
9. Johnnyboy
10. Caveat
11. Ober
12. VK
13. USM
14. Mestari
15. OneE

With 15 players, it take 8 votes to lynch.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 3:34:14 PM
Zaradi has replaced Mestari

caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 3:34:52 PM
So we're not acknowledging Logic's stroke of genius?
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 3:36:24 PM
At 8/14/2012 3:34:52 PM, caveat wrote:

The game's continuing right now. This dp would still occur either way.

caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 3:36:51 PM
At 8/14/2012 3:36:24 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Where's Logic's PM?
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 3:39:40 PM
At 8/14/2012 3:36:51 PM, caveat wrote:
At 8/14/2012 3:36:24 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Where's Logic's PM?

I said last dp that if we continued with ignoring his role, I wouldn't reveal it.

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 3:39:50 PM
Damm you royal! First time you get the shot at me and you take me out. I did nothing! .-.

Anyway, yeah. New IWWTT and all that junk.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 3:40:57 PM
So I had a bunch of stuff happen to me last night:

1) I was given a mithril vest
2) I was roleblocked
3) I am turning into a wraith apparently(elrond or arwen really need to work on that tonight).

As compensation for being outted due to logic's brilliant plan I was told:

1) FT is town(its who I was going to recruit so nyeh mafia, doesnt matter that you RB'd me, makes no difference either way.
2) I was given a 1X Doc as well
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 4:23:31 PM
At 8/14/2012 3:48:36 PM, drafterman wrote:
Also, Budda, AGAIN -- BOOKS NOT MOVIES.

Arwen doesn't do sh1t in the books.

Yes, but look at me, I'm town, and my char/role/justification makes more sense according to the movies, than to the books...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 4:58:05 PM
Might as well start getting random claims from people unless investigators kindly oblige to catch mafia, so I'm going to VTL Tuf. His behaviour last DP, especially with Budda, came off as rather abrasive, in which he was specifically looking for a fight (post-waster) without actually providing any analysis. His posts were mostly full of axiomatic things that people already knew, and was very quick to bandwagon on FT's FOS of Johnny.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 5:51:44 PM
At 8/14/2012 5:31:32 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Budda, how is FT confirmed town?

BH told him.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 5:54:35 PM
At 8/14/2012 3:37:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
Like you said, Apollo, your actions last phase would come off as being seen as scummy.

VTL Apollo

I was the hammer on that VTL.
Sapere Aude!
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 5:56:22 PM
At 8/14/2012 5:51:44 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/14/2012 5:31:32 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Budda, how is FT confirmed town?

BH told him.

Got it.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:00:13 PM
At 8/14/2012 5:57:43 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Who DIDN'T VTL Logic last DP? That's a pretty good starting point.

I didn't, but I was inactive. It doesn't really matter now though, isn't it town autowin?
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:01:15 PM
At 8/14/2012 6:00:13 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 8/14/2012 5:57:43 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Who DIDN'T VTL Logic last DP? That's a pretty good starting point.

I didn't, but I was inactive. It doesn't really matter now though, isn't it town autowin?

Oh wait, nevermind. Clearly I need to reread a bit.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:04:33 PM
These people didn't:
5. LK
11. Ober
12. VK
13. USM
14. Mestari
15. OneE

People who VTL'ed Logic:
LoR - 10/10 - Budda, Drafter, TUF, LoR, FT, Caveat, Johnny, IFLY, F-16, Apollo
Sapere Aude!
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:23:45 PM
At 8/14/2012 3:40:57 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

2) I was roleblocked
3) I am turning into a wraith apparently(elrond or arwen really need to work on that tonight).

1) FT is town(its who I was going to recruit so nyeh mafia, doesnt matter that you RB'd me, makes no difference either way.

It was not a good idea to announce I'm town yet.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:25:14 PM
At 8/14/2012 6:23:45 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/14/2012 3:40:57 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

2) I was roleblocked

It was not a good idea to announce I'm town yet.

Or that you got the mithril vest
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:30:41 PM
At 8/14/2012 5:54:35 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 8/14/2012 3:37:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
Like you said, Apollo, your actions last phase would come off as being seen as scummy.

VTL Apollo

I was the hammer on that VTL.

Yeah. Exactly. You see, once Logic outed his plan, scum couldn't have argued against it because there would have been no reason not to lynch Logic. Either he was telling the truth and had a rock solid plan or was lying scum. Either way he had to be lynched.

However, scum would have been in a tight spot since they couldn't not go along with the plan without outing themselves. Hesitation is the scum tell, not the ultimately decision. It's like when guilty results are outed. You can't really argue against it without outing yourself as scum.

In fact you were stalling but tried to pass it off as trolling. You admitted this later in the phase:

At 8/12/2012 9:18:41 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
What...now I look scummy for being cautious.
http://www.debate.org...

And I agree.

TUF also comes off as suspicious for his sudden and confusing statement sand his after-the-fact unvote.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:30:45 PM
Since I guess we are throwing out baseless accusations:

Dude... Tuf is totally mafia. We should VTL him to death. I mean come on- T stands for Thymine, which we all know is the worst nucleic acid. U stands for Ungoliant, which is an evil spider. F stands for Fortitude, which we all know is the worst painting by Botecelli.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:39:05 PM
At 8/14/2012 3:39:50 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Damm you royal! First time you get the shot at me and you take me out. I did nothing! .-.

Anyway, yeah. New IWWTT and all that junk.

This is not a valid IWWTT statement.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:48:47 PM
I don't throw out random FOS'es. I don't know who is perpetuating that myth, but it's false. I throw out FOS'es for minor details in a person's behavior, because most scum-slips are small. This doesn't mean the FOS is baseless or random.

The reason I'm FOS'ing johnny is for the following reason:

1) He was too quick to buy Zaradi's claim, while admitting he didn't do any research. This is a direct quote from johnny last DP: "I would have to do some research, but I think that matches the book." The point is, it's like johnny KNEW Zaradi was town, hence the inconsistent statement - "but I think that matches the book."

2) johnny tried to make me look scummy by referencing Redwall and Vito's Revenge, where I was third-party. The problem with those games is that every single one of my FOS'es was correct. johnny's defense came down to saying I randomly FOS people, so therefore my FOS'es should be ignored - but the problem with his defense is the fact that my FOS'es were 100% correct in Redwall and about 90% correct in Vito's Revenge. johnny was flat-out trying to make me look scummy for behavior which was clearly town-sided.

3) johnny gave off a classic scum-tell (which has been used to catch scum game after game): the moment after I FOS'ed both Zaradi and johnny, johnny deflected pressure off himself by putting pressure on Zaradi, the other person I FOS'ed. This is a scum-tell that I've seen in almost every game I've played - the mafia will buddy with a townie who is pressuring them by pressuring the other person the townie is FOS'ing. The irony of this scum-tell is that johnny was subtly defending Zaradi, and then suddenly buddied with me exact moment I started to pressure both of them.

4) johnny been asking questions about everything and in general acting dumber than he is - another of his scum-tells. johnny is not retarded, but he's acting as though he has no idea what is going on, he's blatantly disregarding posts that people offer, etc.

I have other reasons, largely based on gut or whatever, and I don't really feel like typing them out. The point is, I want a claim from him. He stalled the entire DP yesterday, and he's not doing it again today. At this point, he had so much time to prepare a fake-claim.