Jump to topic:

Chess

caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 4:06:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't have a FIDE elo myself, but I play on chess.com and with a couple of my friends that are FMs sitting at ~2300.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 4:10:01 PM
I don't have an official rating, yet I'm about 1850 on chess.com. More like a 1900 if I had time to take the games seriously. A fellow called Famer on dedate.org (also my board 2 in chess for school) has about a 1950 rating if I remember.

You're near FIDE master level Caveat!? I'd love to have a game or 2, despite me being probably next to no challenge.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 4:12:16 PM
Just a note, I've read that chess.com ratings are inflated above standard ELO ratings by about 200-300 points. So, chess.com ratings aren't totally accurate. Also, the rating difference can differ depending on the amount of time you put into each of your games (my 1950 rated friend was a 1400 when he was playing a ridiculous amount of games and then wound down his games and went up in rating) .
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 4:15:28 PM
At 8/15/2012 4:10:01 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
I don't have an official rating, yet I'm about 1850 on chess.com. More like a 1900 if I had time to take the games seriously. A fellow called Famer on dedate.org (also my board 2 in chess for school) has about a 1950 rating if I remember.

You're near FIDE master level Caveat!? I'd love to have a game or 2, despite me being probably next to no challenge.

Oh I don't think I'm that close to them at all! I doubt I've won a single game where they played at full capacity. They generally lower themselves such that I don't get completely destroyed when we play together haha :P

I think I used to be ~2000-2100 on chess.com back in highschool a couple of years ago (one of the FMs I play with is at 2800 on chess.com for bullet, if that is any indicator of the gap). Unfortunately, I haven't found the time to play for quite awhile...
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.