Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Who to mislynch

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 4:55:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I love stats - obviously. Reading comments from players like Medic and BlackVoid made me figure out who does get lynched the most and the least out of the major players here. For instance, Medic complains about getting mislynched while BlackVoid proudly says that he is rarely mislynched. Curiosity made me dig up the games to find out.

Here is a list of games that took place in 2012 that were on TUF's list. It also doesn't count the beginner games - acouple weren't included because of no endgames and general confusion:

Game List
CYOA - Jordan, Kyro
Sci-Fi - Partam, Zaradi
Board games - Medic, TUF, Jordan
????? - Drafterman, Drafterman
Halo - Medic
Pokemon - Medic, VK, Jordan
Cult Mafia - Royal, F-16
Harry Potter - Jordan
007 - Knukle, MIG
Shakugan - BV/VK, no idea what was going on?
5D's - Jordan, BV
DDO Mafia - F-16, Greyparrot
Frere Jacques - VK, VK
Golden Garden - TUF, Marauder, TV
The Wire - FT, Mestari
TV Shows - Drafter, VK
Ignatious Creek - Kyro, Budda, HCP, USM, HCP
Walmart - FT
Heroes - Apollo
Countries - Caveat
Action Movies - Knukle, Zaradi, Johnny, VK
MQMQM - VK, HCP, HCP
Items - Bossy
Vito's revenge - royal, royal, tuf
Once upon a time - Ober, Johnny, Medic
Kill Bill - Airmax
Companies - TUF
Marxism - Medic
Horror - LDF, Blackhawk
Redwall - bluesteel, blackhawk
Mentalist - Apollo, BV, Mestari

DragonballZ - VK, Medic
HvV Comics - Royal
HvV Cartoon - bluesteel, Partam
Hunger games - christian, HCP, grey, VK
Monetary - peaceful, TUF
Misfits - Knukle, Drafter
Brawl - TUF
Gangsters - Thad, Grey, LK
Death Note - Vmpire, Drafter, Andro, Spinko
Death-in-Mystere - LK, VK, LDF, F-16
Tarantino - Royal, TV
Monk - HPG

Player List

Number of Mislynches: 9
Viper - 9

Number of mislynches: 6
Medic - 6
TUF - 6

Number of mislynches: 5
Drafter - 5
Royal - 5
Knukle - 5
HCP - 5
Jordan - 5

Number of mislynches: 4
Grey - 4

Number of mislynches: 3
F-16 - 3
LDF - 3

Number of mislynches: 2
blue - 2
BV - 2
FT - 2
Mestari - 2
Johnny - 2
Zaradi - 2
BH - 2
Kyro - 2
Partam - 2
TV - 2
Apollo - 2

Number of mislynches: 1
MIG
Marauder
Budda
USM
Caveat
Bossy
Ober
Airmax
Thad
Andro
vmpire
spinko

Number of mislynches: 0?
No active player comes under this category besides Logic_on_Rails. If you aren't included in the list, add yourself here.

Disclaimer:
This list was designed to fulfill my curiosity and to entertain others. In no way is it indicative of skill. Players who play more games are without a doubt mislynched more than those that only play 2-3 games per year.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:01:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
that's interesting. thanks.

only 3? seems like i get mislynched often lol :P

woah viper.

Though you say ml's aren't indicative of skill, i think it def. says something that logic has never been mislynched.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:07:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 5:01:58 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
that's interesting. thanks.

only 3? seems like i get mislynched often lol :P


Whoops. I forgot Action TV Shows I think. Add +1 to yourself and Medic.

woah viper.

Though you say ml's aren't indicative of skill, i think it def. says something that logic has never been mislynched.

Well, drafter has been mislynched more times than MIG. Why? Drafter plays tons of games. MIG played like 2 and got ml'ed once.

But yes, I do think Logic is good at that.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:14:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In the twelve games I have been in, I have not been lynched once either as a townie or as mafia. Though I know I have been lynched in a couple of beginner games.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:15:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 5:14:54 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Mislynch meaning that you're town and got lynched, or getting lynched in general?

Yes, TOWN. Not mafia or third party. I guess you can make a separate list for that.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:18:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 5:15:55 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/15/2012 5:14:54 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Mislynch meaning that you're town and got lynched, or getting lynched in general?

Yes, TOWN. Not mafia or third party. I guess you can make a separate list for that.

I remember reading LOTR and Logic got lynched as baker, but I guess that doesn't really count as a mislynch since it was beneficial to town.

It's really hard to define what a mislynch is, I think.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:18:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Building on what I said previously, for example, if you were virgin, and got lynched, would it count as a mislynch?

What do you guys think?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:33:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@ HCP, the above does not take into account the circumstances of the lynch or the difficulty in achieving the lynch. That is why it is not an indicator of skill. Logic's lynch should count - but it is from a game in progress which weren't included. Only completed games were included.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:40:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Second most mis-lynched this year? Wow, I must play pretty scummily....
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 6:13:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I remember my ML... Socials first game i played in, theories of economics. I busted my arse to answer the trivia question, cleared two people, and get Ml'd for it.

That stung, I will admit
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 6:47:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I thought I was Mafia in Shakugan Mafia. Also Fere Jacques was just my luck. I was only lynched because A. I was Vanilla. B. The person I replaced ended up claiming something he wasn't and I couldn't convince them I was telling the truth. Anyways, I used to get lynched a lot back in the day. Also F-16, I'm half-sure I got replaced in TV Mafia. This is a nice chart though.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 6:51:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 5:01:58 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Though you say ml's aren't indicative of skill, i think it def. says something that logic has never been mislynched.

This is actually really surprising...

Every time I think of LoR being lynched, the same scenario pops into my mind. He's been inactive, posted 2-3 relatively large, analytical posts, and is subsequently lynched. To be able to post incredibly infrequently and manage to present a compelling case every time is quite admirable.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 6:53:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 4:55:33 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I love stats - obviously. Reading comments from players like Medic and BlackVoid made me figure out who does get lynched the most and the least out of the major players here. For instance, Medic complains about getting mislynched while BlackVoid proudly says that he is rarely mislynched. Curiosity made me dig up the games to find out.

Here is a list of games that took place in 2012 that were on TUF's list. It also doesn't count the beginner games - acouple weren't included because of no endgames and general confusion:

Game List
CYOA - Jordan, Kyro
Sci-Fi - Partam, Zaradi
Board games - Medic, TUF, Jordan
????? - Drafterman, Drafterman
Halo - Medic
Pokemon - Medic, VK, Jordan
Cult Mafia - Royal, F-16
Harry Potter - Jordan
007 - Knukle, MIG
Shakugan - BV/VK, no idea what was going on?
5D's - Jordan, BV
DDO Mafia - F-16, Greyparrot
Frere Jacques - VK, VK
Golden Garden - TUF, Marauder, TV
The Wire - FT, Mestari
TV Shows - Drafter, VK
Ignatious Creek - Kyro, Budda, HCP, USM, HCP
Walmart - FT
Heroes - Apollo
Countries - Caveat
Action Movies - Knukle, Zaradi, Johnny, VK
MQMQM - VK, HCP, HCP
Items - Bossy
Vito's revenge - royal, royal, tuf
Once upon a time - Ober, Johnny, Medic
Kill Bill - Airmax
Companies - TUF
Marxism - Medic
Horror - LDF, Blackhawk
Redwall - bluesteel, blackhawk
Mentalist - Apollo, BV, Mestari

DragonballZ - VK, Medic
HvV Comics - Royal
HvV Cartoon - bluesteel, Partam
Hunger games - christian, HCP, grey, VK
Monetary - peaceful, TUF
Misfits - Knukle, Drafter
Brawl - TUF
Gangsters - Thad, Grey, LK
Death Note - Vmpire, Drafter, Andro, Spinko
Death-in-Mystere - LK, VK, LDF, F-16
Tarantino - Royal, TV
Monk - HPG

Player List

Number of Mislynches: 9
Viper - 9

Number of mislynches: 6
Medic - 6
TUF - 6

Number of mislynches: 5
Drafter - 5
Royal - 5
Knukle - 5
HCP - 5
Jordan - 5

Number of mislynches: 4
Grey - 4

Number of mislynches: 3
F-16 - 3
LDF - 3

Number of mislynches: 2
blue - 2
BV - 2
FT - 2
Mestari - 2
Johnny - 2
Zaradi - 2
BH - 2
Kyro - 2
Partam - 2
TV - 2
Apollo - 2

Number of mislynches: 1
MIG
Marauder
Budda
USM
Caveat
Bossy
Ober
Airmax
Thad
Andro
vmpire
spinko

Number of mislynches: 0?
No active player comes under this category besides Logic_on_Rails. If you aren't included in the list, add yourself here.
Daytonanerd

Disclaimer:
This list was designed to fulfill my curiosity and to entertain others. In no way is it indicative of skill. Players who play more games are without a doubt mislynched more than those that only play 2-3 games per year.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 9:20:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just 6 mislynches?? Sure seems like more than that.

I have one distinction that I doubt anyone else can claim. I bet I'm the only mafioso to get killed by a fellow mafioso, within like 15 minutes after the game started. Thanx Airmax.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 9:23:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 9:20:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Just 6 mislynches?? Sure seems like more than that.

I have one distinction that I doubt anyone else can claim. I bet I'm the only mafioso to get killed by a fellow mafioso, within like 15 minutes after the game started. Thanx Airmax.

Wow. What happened?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 9:23:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 9:20:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Just 6 mislynches?? Sure seems like more than that.

I have one distinction that I doubt anyone else can claim. I bet I'm the only mafioso to get killed by a fellow mafioso, within like 15 minutes after the game started. Thanx Airmax.

lol I remember that.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 9:24:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 9:20:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Just 6 mislynches?? Sure seems like more than that.

7. I forgot Action Shows. And that is just when you are town and just this year.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 9:31:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 9:24:25 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/15/2012 9:20:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Just 6 mislynches?? Sure seems like more than that.

7. I forgot Action Shows. And that is just when you are town and just this year.

I guess it just seems like more because I have streaks of being nk'd early.

I forgot about VK. Poor guy has way worse luck than me.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 10:25:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There's a lot of factors that go into being mislynched. The main reason I'm not lynched a lot is because I tend to have power roles, not because I'm the best at defending myself or anything. Similarly, Medic and Viper tend to get scummy or unconfirmable roles.

Also, a lot of it has to do with your demeanor. Royal gets heavy FOS'd almost every game because her playstyle is so aggressive and naturally elicits similar responses. Whereas passive players like IFH rarely face FOS. Thats a main reason Logic isn't mislynched, and the other is that he generally gives strong hints to his role on DP1 which is confirmed later when he actually claims. Demeanor is also the reason I've seen FT FOS'd a lot, even if he isn't lynched. He sometimes calls people stupid and retarded as town, offering ultimatums like "you're either scum or an idiot". I'd say attitude is even more important to not being mislynched than acting pro-town is.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 10:25:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 4:55:33 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Shakugan - BV/VK, no idea what was going on?

I wasn't mislynched here, I was third-party.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 10:34:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm actually very rarely mislynched. I was mislynched in my first few games as town for what I consider really bad reasons - The Wire because of royal - and Wal-Mart because of LK's conspiracy theory - but other than that, I haven't been mislynched. I think the more I've played as mafia, the better I've gotten at not getting lynched/mislynched.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 10:37:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm surprised drafter has been ML'd 5 times. i'm always afraid to FOS him as mafia because I have no idea how he'll react.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 11:12:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 9:23:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/15/2012 9:20:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Just 6 mislynches?? Sure seems like more than that.

I have one distinction that I doubt anyone else can claim. I bet I'm the only mafioso to get killed by a fellow mafioso, within like 15 minutes after the game started. Thanx Airmax.

Wow. What happened?

I was the mafia usurper and got busted before we even had all the claims in the mafia pm. Airmax had a kill to use to protect the GF, so I was toast.

I hate that role, btw. It should be banned.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 11:36:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Medic, I think you are also the only person to play the mason recruiter and get killed by a recruitee who thought you were the cult recruiter. Thank Airmax again for that one, LOL.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 11:43:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 11:36:27 PM, Mestari wrote:
Medic, I think you are also the only person to play the mason recruiter and get killed by a recruitee who thought you were the cult recruiter. Thank Airmax again for that one, LOL.

Wait why would that even happen? If he was Cult, airmax would have been on his side ~.~
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 11:56:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/15/2012 11:43:09 PM, caveat wrote:
At 8/15/2012 11:36:27 PM, Mestari wrote:
Medic, I think you are also the only person to play the mason recruiter and get killed by a recruitee who thought you were the cult recruiter. Thank Airmax again for that one, LOL.

Wait why would that even happen? If he was Cult, airmax would have been on his side ~.~

The world may never know. It was even called the "Shakugan no Shana Mason's PM". Medic was lobbying Airmax for votes and Airmax was like, nah, I'm just going to out you as the cult recruiter.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 11:57:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think it also depends on the skill of the rest of the town and their general demeanor. I was heavily FOSsed at MYLO by Drafter in one of Spinko's games (Tarantino mafia I think) and kept arguing my case. I managed to convince Drafter that I was town and got mafia lynched. The same didn't happen in Death-in-Mystere despite my arguments being just as good - the town just didn't buy them no matter how hard I tried. Some townies like Koopin were inactive as well and basically did nothing more than troll.

Part of it definitely depends on the rest of town. Could say the same for BV in the Mentalist.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 12:02:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Honestly my mislynch in The Mentalist was probably the most legit. The other 2 have funny stories behind them. In Beginners 3.2 the mod put 2 doctors in the game, and I was unfortunant enough to be the first to claim. In 5D's, I was the day vig but got silenced. When I vig killed the person who F-16 saw visit me, I wasn't able to explain why I did it and TUF just blew up and lead my lynch :/