Total Posts:68|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner's Games: 11.1 DP4

Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 5:56:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Apollo.11. You are the Cop. You win with the Town.

Alive players:

1. Buddamoose
2. MouthWash
3. Jordan56
4. Airmax1227
5. IShallAnnoyYo
6. Contra (Soon to be replaced)

It takes 4 votes to lynch.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 6:28:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay my top FOS is Airmax. He placed the vote that allowed Daytona to quick hammer, which is scummy. Unless someone has a better target, I'm think we should lynch him today.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 6:35:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Guys, if we fail to lynch scum, we lose. So be careful with your votes. We do not want mafia to quick hammer to win the game. Do not vote until we have some discussion and we know who we are going to lynch. We don't want a repeat of the last time, where Apollo couldn't out his results because Daytona quick hammered.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:27:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
OK, I'm seriously getting nervous now. Wth? Our cop AND doctor?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:29:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 6:28:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay my top FOS is Airmax. He placed the vote that allowed Daytona to quick hammer, which is scummy. Unless someone has a better target, I'm think we should lynch him today.

We need to wait for Airmax to justify himself before deciding anything. I'm not too sure that that makes much sense, though, he wasn't the only one who was fooled.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:30:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 6:28:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay my top FOS is Airmax. He placed the vote that allowed Daytona to quick hammer, which is scummy. Unless someone has a better target, I'm think we should lynch him today.

I was the 4th vote I think.. And I don't really think that's fair.. Perhaps I should have wait to vote, but I didn't realize Daytona was going to hammer himself..

Btw, why hasn't Apollo given his results from last DP and this DP yet?

What's with that?
Debate.org Moderator
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:36:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:30:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 6:28:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay my top FOS is Airmax. He placed the vote that allowed Daytona to quick hammer, which is scummy. Unless someone has a better target, I'm think we should lynch him today.

I was the 4th vote I think.. And I don't really think that's fair.. Perhaps I should have wait to vote, but I didn't realize Daytona was going to hammer himself..

Why isn't it fair. I remember Budda specifically stating that we should wait for Apollo to out his results, and then you voted for him, making you the fourth vote. Setting up Daytona to quickly hammer himself and end the DP before Apollo could post his results. This is anti-town behavior. Surely you realize this?

Btw, why hasn't Apollo given his results from last DP and this DP yet?

What's with that?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:36:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:30:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 6:28:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay my top FOS is Airmax. He placed the vote that allowed Daytona to quick hammer, which is scummy. Unless someone has a better target, I'm think we should lynch him today.

I was the 4th vote I think.. And I don't really think that's fair.. Perhaps I should have wait to vote, but I didn't realize Daytona was going to hammer himself..

Btw, why hasn't Apollo given his results from last DP and this DP yet?

What's with that?

My mistake Apollo is dead...
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:38:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:36:22 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:30:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 6:28:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay my top FOS is Airmax. He placed the vote that allowed Daytona to quick hammer, which is scummy. Unless someone has a better target, I'm think we should lynch him today.

I was the 4th vote I think.. And I don't really think that's fair.. Perhaps I should have wait to vote, but I didn't realize Daytona was going to hammer himself..

Why isn't it fair. I remember Budda specifically stating that we should wait for Apollo to out his results, and then you voted for him, making you the fourth vote. Setting up Daytona to quickly hammer himself and end the DP before Apollo could post his results. This is anti-town behavior. Surely you realize this?

well the FOS on me is valid... I shouldn't have voted because I allowed Daytona to hammer himself.. Something I didn't really consider but should have.. I didn't really read through the DP, just voted quickly because VTLing Daytona was a given.. in retrospect that was a mistake


Btw, why hasn't Apollo given his results from last DP and this DP yet?

What's with that?
Debate.org Moderator
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:43:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:38:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:36:22 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:30:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 6:28:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay my top FOS is Airmax. He placed the vote that allowed Daytona to quick hammer, which is scummy. Unless someone has a better target, I'm think we should lynch him today.

I was the 4th vote I think.. And I don't really think that's fair.. Perhaps I should have wait to vote, but I didn't realize Daytona was going to hammer himself..

Why isn't it fair. I remember Budda specifically stating that we should wait for Apollo to out his results, and then you voted for him, making you the fourth vote. Setting up Daytona to quickly hammer himself and end the DP before Apollo could post his results. This is anti-town behavior. Surely you realize this?

well the FOS on me is valid... I shouldn't have voted because I allowed Daytona to hammer himself.. Something I didn't really consider but should have.. I didn't really read through the DP, just voted quickly because VTLing Daytona was a given.. in retrospect that was a mistake

And that is what I do not buy, especially when Budda told everyone not to vote anymore to avoid the quick hammer. You are an experience player and quite good at this game. While I can see the possibility of making such a serious error if nobody brought it up, someone did.

I think you are scum, however I want to hear the opinions of the town, particularly Budda. At least on of you is scum, because I doubt the mod would only put unexperienced players as mafia, especially if its their first game.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:44:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 6:28:46 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Airmax

If Apollo had investigated me guilty, he would not have said this... Meaning he didn't investigate me at all..

While necro-posting is incredibly poor etiquette, I know Apollo wouldn't have said anything had he investigated me guilty (which would be impossible since I'm town) meaning he investigated someone else..

At the end of the DP, I think the only other FOS mentioned may have been Jordan (for reasons I'm unsure of, was there another FOS he may have investigated instead?), leading me to believe that Apollo likely investigated Jordan and got an Inno on him.. Otherwise he would know of another mafia and likely not have said anything, hoping we went after that person.. and not just his hunch on me, which is, as usual, not accurate.

So does anyone have any idea who Apollo may have investigated this past NP?

I think if we an figure that out we can rule that person out..
Debate.org Moderator
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:46:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok analysis will be posted in a few mins, let me type it up
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:48:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:43:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:38:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:36:22 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:30:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 6:28:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay my top FOS is Airmax. He placed the vote that allowed Daytona to quick hammer, which is scummy. Unless someone has a better target, I'm think we should lynch him today.

I was the 4th vote I think.. And I don't really think that's fair.. Perhaps I should have wait to vote, but I didn't realize Daytona was going to hammer himself..

Why isn't it fair. I remember Budda specifically stating that we should wait for Apollo to out his results, and then you voted for him, making you the fourth vote. Setting up Daytona to quickly hammer himself and end the DP before Apollo could post his results. This is anti-town behavior. Surely you realize this?

well the FOS on me is valid... I shouldn't have voted because I allowed Daytona to hammer himself.. Something I didn't really consider but should have.. I didn't really read through the DP, just voted quickly because VTLing Daytona was a given.. in retrospect that was a mistake

And that is what I do not buy, especially when Budda told everyone not to vote anymore to avoid the quick hammer. You are an experience player and quite good at this game. While I can see the possibility of making such a serious error if nobody brought it up, someone did.

I think you are scum, however I want to hear the opinions of the town, particularly Budda. At least on of you is scum, because I doubt the mod would only put unexperienced players as mafia, especially if its their first game.

Well I agree with nost of this but I don't agree that either me or Budda must be mafia.. There are a bunch of mentors in this game by design, ruling out that type of mod-psych..

Btw go back to DP2 and see that I defended Apollo and got FOS'd for it.. I also said that SOP should just be to lynch Daytona but didn't want to risk the cop.. Budda backed me up (buddying? I doubt it though)... So my behavior and anlysis has been pro town and accurate.

In fact I'd say I've been more pro-town than Apollo, who poor play DP1 has put us into this mess..

SOP is to counter claim the fake cop claim on the DP it happens for a reason.. so what did it help for Apollo not to CC it? our doc and cop are dead, and we mislynched Royal... Def. hasn't worked out too well.
Debate.org Moderator
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:48:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:46:25 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Ok analysis will be posted in a few mins, let me type it up

Your quote in your sig is funny as hell.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:49:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:46:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Apollo likely investigated me when I was the doctor. I was apparently his top FOS.

Oh Yeah... I recall you being the other FOS now.. that that I really understood why.. that doesn't help at all then.. Contra was entirely inactive, and obviously vanilla so that doesn't lead us anywhere..
Debate.org Moderator
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:55:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:48:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:43:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:38:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:36:22 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:30:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 6:28:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay my top FOS is Airmax. He placed the vote that allowed Daytona to quick hammer, which is scummy. Unless someone has a better target, I'm think we should lynch him today.

I was the 4th vote I think.. And I don't really think that's fair.. Perhaps I should have wait to vote, but I didn't realize Daytona was going to hammer himself..

Why isn't it fair. I remember Budda specifically stating that we should wait for Apollo to out his results, and then you voted for him, making you the fourth vote. Setting up Daytona to quickly hammer himself and end the DP before Apollo could post his results. This is anti-town behavior. Surely you realize this?

well the FOS on me is valid... I shouldn't have voted because I allowed Daytona to hammer himself.. Something I didn't really consider but should have.. I didn't really read through the DP, just voted quickly because VTLing Daytona was a given.. in retrospect that was a mistake

And that is what I do not buy, especially when Budda told everyone not to vote anymore to avoid the quick hammer. You are an experience player and quite good at this game. While I can see the possibility of making such a serious error if nobody brought it up, someone did.

I think you are scum, however I want to hear the opinions of the town, particularly Budda. At least on of you is scum, because I doubt the mod would only put unexperienced players as mafia, especially if its their first game.

Well I agree with nost of this but I don't agree that either me or Budda must be mafia.. There are a bunch of mentors in this game by design, ruling out that type of mod-psych..

Conceded. The advisers help with the game balance, I give you that.

Btw go back to DP2 and see that I defended Apollo and got FOS'd for it.. I also said that SOP should just be to lynch Daytona but didn't want to risk the cop.. Budda backed me up (buddying? I doubt it though)... So my behavior and anlysis has been pro town and accurate.

WIFOM. Mafia knew we were going to lynch the guilty to confirm the cop. Buddying with the actual cop as mafia in the event of a CC helps confirm you.

In fact I'd say I've been more pro-town than Apollo, who poor play DP1 has put us into this mess..

Comparing your self to a player that plays anti town is not an indicator of whether or not you play is anti town or not. Yes your play has been less anti town than Apollo's, but still anti town regardless.

SOP is to counter claim the fake cop claim on the DP it happens for a reason.. so what did it help for Apollo not to CC it? our doc and cop are dead, and we mislynched Royal... Def. hasn't worked out too well.

I don't think that is true in a open setting game. I think SOP is to leave the cops alive and lynch the first guilty to confirm.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:56:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:49:59 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:46:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Apollo likely investigated me when I was the doctor. I was apparently his top FOS.

Oh Yeah... I recall you being the other FOS now.. that that I really understood why.. that doesn't help at all then.. Contra was entirely inactive, and obviously vanilla so that doesn't lead us anywhere..

I was his top FOS because I doubted his cop claim, even though I specifically said we weren't lynching him anyway.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:57:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. Buddamoose
Concur'd with me about actions on DP2... Defended Apollo's actions that have lead to Royal mislynch, and losing cop (Apollo).. SO I think thats minor scummyness, but not signifiant

2. MouthWash
Seems pro town.

3. Jordan56
Mostly pro-town.. FOS'd me which I suppose is a pro-town thing, assuming the FOS is valid

4. Airmax1227
Allowed hammer on Daytona.. slight FOS valid

5. IShallAnnoyYo
Inactive.. no analysis.. seems kinda scummy to me

6. Contra (Johnny2)
Entirely inactive.. likely vanilla town.. nothing to say about him

Honestly I don't know who is the most scummy.. might be me..

But my top FOS is IshallAnnoyYo, just based on a hunch...I'll try to provide further analysis soon.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:58:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:56:03 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:49:59 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:46:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Apollo likely investigated me when I was the doctor. I was apparently his top FOS.

Oh Yeah... I recall you being the other FOS now.. that that I really understood why.. that doesn't help at all then.. Contra was entirely inactive, and obviously vanilla so that doesn't lead us anywhere..

I was his top FOS because I doubted his cop claim, even though I specifically said we weren't lynching him anyway.

Well it just goes to show that regardless of the fact that Apollo was really town cop he played very scummy
Debate.org Moderator
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:59:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:58:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:56:03 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:49:59 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:46:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Apollo likely investigated me when I was the doctor. I was apparently his top FOS.

Oh Yeah... I recall you being the other FOS now.. that that I really understood why.. that doesn't help at all then.. Contra was entirely inactive, and obviously vanilla so that doesn't lead us anywhere..

I was his top FOS because I doubted his cop claim, even though I specifically said we weren't lynching him anyway.

Well it just goes to show that regardless of the fact that Apollo was really town cop he played very scummy

I think I said as much during DP2 and in my dying breath on DP3.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 8:01:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Johnnyboy(Contra)- The entire game Contra was relatively silent because he had no assistance and because of that requested to be replaced. If he were mafia, he wouldve had assistance via Mestari, therefore, to me, he is town.

Jordan- Was the one who, along with me, was calling for no more votes on Apollo until he posted results. Now this alone, though helpful, isnt that indicative of affiliation. However, when you factor in the other analysis he posted, a picture becomes clear. Through the beginning of the game, DP2, Jordan was saying alot of stuff that didnt make sense. Not sure if this is a sign of being town or mafia, but it could be playing stupid. Jordan actually is a rather experienced player, he just hasnt played here in awhile. For now, I believe he is town.

Airmax- What can I say, that vote on Apollo was just suspicious as all hell. It allowed Daytona to hammer himself, thus preventing Apollo from disclosing results. I'm pretty certain it wouldnt of helped anyways because Apollo's top FOS was Johnny so he likely investigated him. Still, it was obvious mafia was waiting for the chance to quick hammer. Not only that, throughout DP2, Airmax's posts were shaded to put Apollo in a scummy light. Yet, once I came in and explained that what Apollo did, waiting to CC, was not actually that scummy, he backed off, and changed his mind.

Now I would also say, that being the last two experienced players, either myself or Airmax is scum. HOWEVER, with a mafia advisor, this opens up the possibility of there being all noobs. Airmax's actions though push it over the edge for me.

Ishallanoyo- Isha has bandwagone onto any vote this game that looks to end in a lynch. Hasnt posted in-depth analysis, explaining the reasoning behind the votes, but being a beginner, this could explain it. Right now to me either Isha or Mouthwash is mafia.

Mouthwash- DP2, mouthwash's posts didnt make much sense, and were entirely contradictory. He was riding the fence hardcore, both posting analysis that shaded Apollo as scummy, and posted analysis that shaded Daytona ad being scummy. Again, being a noob, this could explain why he acted as such. So right now, to me, either Mouthwash or Isha is scum.

In Summary:

Town-Reads

- Johnny
- Jordan

Scum-Read

- Airmax

Either/Or

- Mouthwash
- Ishallanoyo
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 8:06:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/14/2012 8:50:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/14/2012 8:41:12 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
@Airmax- again, in a classic open set-up game SOP is to NOT lynch between cop CC's. Regular DDO SoP doesnt apply in this game because this is not a regular DDO game.

I see no problem with what Apollo did to be honest. Had he CC'd, it wouldbve risked him dying at night, if he is legit, because doc has a 50/50 shot of protecting the right cop. He guesses wrong and town is screwed.

Alright.. I concur.. Daytona fake claims cop to draw out the cop and we lynch the CC and the 1 for 1 works for mafia.. But only if the Doc is not protecting Apollo, which I don't see why the doc wouldn't be, and why Apollo wouldn't have a legit reason to CC.. I think it's scummy not to CC.. But I see your point...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 8:09:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well I'm the top FOS so town can go ahead and get this over with. I really have no way of defending myself further because I did play poorly the last DP.

However I've never backed off from the fact that I think what Apollo did was wrong, and yet I never once suggested anyone should ever vote to lynch him. Not a single time. The idea that I cast him in a scummy light was because he played scummy, and his lack of a CC DP1 didn't help us one bit.

I still think all of my analysis was fair, and that while my vote last DP was questionable, everything I have motivated or attempted to motivate the town to do was entirely based on the logical pro-town move.

But that's really all I can say, so unless someone is going to suggest a more scummy target than I (which even I can't), I wont take a lynch of me personally...
Debate.org Moderator