Jump to topic:

LOTR Mafia Endgame

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 2:47:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm sorry it took so long to get this up. We ended up going to the shore sooner than expected and I lost internet for a few days before getting the password. We were also fishing from literally dawn until dusk most days, so I haven't had time to get on since when I wasn't fishing, I was eating a meal or sleeping.

Anyway, The Town has won thanks to LoR's ingenious strategy. I never saw that or I wouldn't have left the role as it was. I also realize that the town was overpowered, something I'll have to fix next time, whenever that is.

LoR's obviously the town mvp. There wasn't enough time in the game for the mafia to get an mvp.

Again, I'm sorry for the mess-up in the game and the amount of time it took to get this up.

Town
1. Johnny – You are the one and only BILBO BAGGINS. After your eleventy-first birthday party, you left for Rivendell. When Frodo's flee from the Ringwraiths and his injury caused by them brought him to Rivendell, you two were reunited. You spent time together catching up. Eventually, though, it was decided that Frodo would leave as the Ringbearer in the Fellowship. Before he left, you gave Frodo two gifts. You gave him Sting and a Mithril coat. You have both those gifts to give now. The person to whom you give Sting will get a 1-shot vig power. The person to whom you give the Mithril coat will get a 1-shot bulletproof power. If Frodo is the one who recieves the Mitrhil coat, he will become bulletproof for the rest of the game. You can hold on to these items as long as you want. You can also give both away in the same night phase. You win with the town.

2. Budda – You are FRODO BAGGINS, the Ring Bearer. A great responsibility lies on your shoulders. You must carry the Ring to the one place it should stay farthest from. Morder. More specifically, Mount Doom. To help you on your quest, a group of Elves, Men, Dwarves, and Hobbits were assembled. This group, along with you, became the Fellowship of the Ring. You need this group to survive. Therefore, you are the MASON LEADER. You may recruit one person to the masons each night phase. If you target a member of the mafia, you will die. You win with the town.

3. TUF – You are GANDALF THE GREY, one of the wisest wizards. You have many sources of information including the library in Minas Tirith. You are also friends with one of the highest kings-to-be and many of the elf Lordds and Ladies. You can you your many connections and sources of knowledge to research and learn almost anything. You may ask me, the mod, one question each night phase. If I deem it an acceptable question, I will answer it. If it is deemed unnacceptable, I will ask you to provide a new question. Be warned. The Balrog is hunting for you. If it finds you, it will kill you. Should it kill you, it will win. You can pick one person each night. If you pick the Balrog, you will slay it. You may not reveal to the town that the Balrog exists unless you figure out who the Balrog is or you will be mod-killed. You may reveal that you know a third party exists. You win with the town.

4. LordKnuckle – You are ARAGORN, also known as Strider. You are one of the Dunedain and heir to Isildur's throne. You carry with you the blade that was broken. You are also a Ranger from the north. You are a skilled tracker. When you first met Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin, you saved them from death at the hands of the Black Riders in Bree. You saved them from the Ringwraiths again on Weathertop. Before the attack on Weathertop, you watched the Nazgul approach from the distance. As a result of all this, you are the JOAT. You have four 1 shot abilities. You have one DOCTOR, one JAILER, one WATCHER, and one TRACKER. You win with the town.

5. Ober – You are LOBELIA SACKVILLE-BAGGINS. You spent tons of time and effort trying to get Bag End. Eventually, you succeeded when Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin left on what would become their journey to Mordor. You are generally disliked, but not a threat to anyone. You are the average Hobbit in that you don't like adventure and enjoy the quiet and peacful life of the Shire. Since you don't have anything special about you, you are a VANILLA TOWNIE. You win with the town.

******MOD-NOTE******* Lobelia is also the miller due to the dislike of her.

6. FourTrouble – You are TOM BOMBADIL, one of the oldest living things. The Ring holds absolutely no power over you. You saved Frodo and Sam once, and Merry and Pippin twice. The first time was when you came across Frodo and Sam trying to free Merry and Pippin from Old Man Willow. The second time was when they had all been trapped in the barrow-downs. As a result, you are the DOCTOR. You win with the town.

7. Mestari – You are BARLIMAN BUTTERBUR the inkeeper at Bree that helped Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin when the Wringwraiths were after them. You are a very forgetful person, and almost forgot to pass a very important letter on from Gandalf to the Hobbits. As a result, you are the AMNESIAC. Once in the game, you may choose a dead payer and take their role and affiliation. For now, you win with the town.

8. Zaradi – You are GWAIHIR THE WINDLORD. You are the greatest of the Great Eagles. You and your Eagles flew far and wide working to gather information regarding the orcs and the Fellowship for Gandalf. As a result, you are the WATCHER AND TRACKER. (watched orc movements and tracked down the Fellowship once Gandalf had been separated) You may choose one person per night and learn who they visited and who visited them. You win with the town.

9. Apollo – You are LEGOLAS, Prince of the Woodland Realm. You are extremely skilled with the bow. You can shoot targets fast, accurately, and at great distance. You are the VIGILANTE. You may choose one person each night and shoot them. You wn with the town.

10. LoR – You are GALADRIEL, the Lady of Lorien. On their journeys, Frodo and the Fellowship found their way into Lothlorien. They stayed for an amount of time unkown to them before leaving to continue their journey. Many gifts were given to the Fellowship upon their departure. One gift that you gave to the company was a supply of Lembas bread. This bread can rejuvinate the individual that consumes it so that they can continue on. As a result of this gift, you are the BAKER. Each night phase you may give two pieces of bread out and each day phase you may give one. Everyone without bread will die one whole cycle after you do, assuming you die. Everyone who recieves bread from you will live one cycle longer for each piece of bread they received. Players may pass bread amongst themselves during the np if they choose. You win with the town.

11. Caveat – You are HAM GAMGEE, also known as the Gaffer. You are the father of Samwise Gamgee. You are the ordinary, run of the mill Hobbit with nothing verry extraordinary about you. You aren't a very adventurous person and prefer the quiet, peaceful life of the Shire. As a result, you are the VANILLA TOWNIE. You win with the town.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 2:50:04 PM
Third Party
12. Medic – You are the BALROG, an extremely violant and ancient creature. The Dwarves released you in Moria when their greed drove them to dig too deep. You terrify everyone around you. Since you are so destructive and violent, you are the SERIAL KILLER. However, there is a twist. In order to win, you must not kill off every other person, but rather kill Gandalf the Grey. If he alone dies at your hands, then you are victorious. This can be achieved in one of three ways. 1) You can night kill him. 2) You can hammer a lynch on him. 3) You can lead a lynch on him. Be warned. Gandalf the Grey knows of your existence and your intent to kill him. If he finds you before you kill him, you will die. You win if and only if Gandalf dies at your hands.

13. USM – You are OLD MAN WILLOW. You are an ancient and hate filled tree. You care for nothing but yourself and the forrest you have infected with your hate. Other than Tom Bombadil, you can fairly easily trap and kill anyone who enters the Old Forrest. Therefore, you are the PARANOID GUN OWNER. You are also the SURVIVOR. You win if you survive until the end of the game.

Mafia

*Mafia PM – In order for the mafia to win, you must not only outnumber the town, but also have Frodo, the Ringbearer, die at one of your hands. That can happen in one of four ways. 1) You can night kill him. 2) One of you can hammer a lynch on him. 3) One of you can lead a lynch on him. The forth you will learn only if necessary. While this makes it a little harder to win, it also makes it a little easier to not lose. If you kill Frodo, but you still all die, there will be a tie for first place.
In the books, the only Wraith that stands out as different from the others is the Witch King of Angmar because he is the leader of the 9. To represent that acurately in this game, you'd almost all have to be grunts, which would be unfair to you. So, for the sake of the game and fairness, different Wraiths have received different abilities.

14. Drafter – You are the WITCH KING OF ANGMAR, the leader of the Wringwraiths. You stabbed Frodo on Weathertop and almost killed him. The wound incappacitated him for days. However, you lost your sword. You have a 1 shot ability to stab someone. This will result in them being roleblocked for two night phases and killed on the third unless they are covered by a protective role on the third night. They will also be allowed to post only once the second day after the stabbing. You also decide who the mafia kills each night and who carries out the kill. You win with the mafia.

15. IFLY – You are a RINGWRAITH. You are the mafia ROLEBLOCKER. You win with the mafia.

16. V-K – You are a RINGWRAITH. You are the GRUNT. You win with the mafia.

17. OneE – You are a RINGWRAITH. You are the mafia WATCHER. You win with the mafia.

18. F-16 – You are a RINGWRAITH. You are the mafia JOAT. You have 3 one shot abilities. They are FRAME/LAWYER (your choice of which), NINJA, and ROLECOP. You win with the mafia.

NP 1 Actions
1. F-16
waive
2. Budda
recruit FT
3. Drafter
Stab Budda
4. Apollo
waive
5. LK
Track TUF
6. TUF
How many of each party, were on logics lynch?
7. Zaradi
dead
8. FT
forfeited
9. Royal
Kill Zaradi
10. IFLY
Action forfeited
11. Johnnyboy
Give Budda Mithril
12. LoR
dead
13. Caveat
no role
14. Ober
no role
15. VK
Kill Royal
16. USM
no role
17. Mestari
no action taken
18. OneE
Watch Budda

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 8:17:34 PM
I'm just wondering still a little as to why the Mafia forfeited. I gave Blackhawk permission to disregard my role because I thought my strategy was a little cheap.

Having looked at the endgame now, I don't think the Mafia were totally screwed notwithstanding my role and strategy, although it still would have been difficult.

Honestly, if I couldn't utilise my strategy this game could have played out quite differently.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 9:55:51 PM
At 8/25/2012 8:17:34 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
I'm just wondering still a little as to why the Mafia forfeited.

Lolwut? We didn't forfeit. YOU forfeited. We insisted the game be played as normal. You won. That's the game. Any mafia win after that wouldn't have counted or would have felt hollow.

I gave Blackhawk permission to disregard my role because I thought my strategy was a little cheap.

Thats what I don't understand. If you felt this way, why do it? Or, why do it then back off? We were screwed either way because we anyone would have had to go along with the plan or seem scummy in comparison. Kudos to you for finding the breaking strategy, but it did just that: it broke the game.

I'm not trying to detract from any win on your part; the Holy Grail of mafia is finding a breaking strategy and winning the game. You did it. But I don't see why you'd try to insist the game continue to be played after that.

Having looked at the endgame now, I don't think the Mafia were totally screwed notwithstanding my role and strategy, although it still would have been difficult.

Lol. Since we all had to vote on your plan, TUFs sensor results picked us all out anyway. After our death mafia would have been down to 1 or 2, one of which was a goon.

Honestly, if I couldn't utilise my strategy this game could have played out quite differently.

Obviously, but once you implemented your strategy, it was game over regardless. It affected how we could have reasonable voted that phase, gave TuF irrefutable sensor results, BH had to compensate the town for their "loss." it was basically off the rails and simply erasing you from the game wasn't going to fix that.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:10:05 PM
Yeah, what Drafter said. We didn't actually "forfeit." We just wanted Logic's plan to continue. Town legitly won. Even if we won after that, I don't think it would have felt like we won. Also, town was OP.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:35:48 AM
At 8/25/2012 9:38:54 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Would the BP vest I gave to Budda have saved him?

No. Only things that occurred the following nps. Even though he would have died a few nps later, the cause was before the vest.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:36:11 AM
At 8/26/2012 11:10:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Yeah, what Drafter said. We didn't actually "forfeit." We just wanted Logic's plan to continue. Town legitly won. Even if we won after that, I don't think it would have felt like we won. Also, town was OP.

If I said forfeit, I apologize.

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:49:50 AM
At 8/27/2012 9:36:11 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 8/26/2012 11:10:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

If I said forfeit, I apologize.

You didn't, Logic did.