Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

ATLA: Mafia Day Phase 1

Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 12:17:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In the world of Avatar, the fire nation leader wanted leadership. His greed turned into evil as he started war agains the other nations to gain control. Who will win the battle against evil.

A new Avatar was found and it is up to him to save us from the wicked of the Fire Nation. Will he succeed?

This is day 1

Players in the game are:

1. Caveat
2. OneElephant
3. Viper-King
4. johnnyboy54
5. Logic_on_rails
6. F-16
7. Buddamoose
8. OberHerr
9. LK
10. socialpinko
11. Ore_Ele
12. Ishallannoyyo
13. Daytonanerd

With 13 players it takes 7 votes for a lynch.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 12:28:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
And, as such, I character claim Zuko. Ironic that I got my favorite character. The second main character behind Aang.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 12:28:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 12:28:06 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
And, as such, I character claim Zuko. Ironic that I got my favorite character. The second main character behind Aang.

Well, not ironic. Just lucky is more like it.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 9:02:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 12:28:06 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
And, as such, I character claim Zuko. Ironic that I got my favorite character. The second main character behind Aang.

Why would you character claim out of the blue? Unless you're claiming miller which would fit Zuko's personality, I suppose.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 10:04:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
And here are characters that I know have to be in the game, as they are main characters.

Town:
Aang
Katara
Zuko
Sokka
Iroh

Mafia:
Ozai
Azula
Zhao

I'm guessing that Jordan set it up with 3 mafia, 9 town, and one third party. I'm guessing that the third party is Jet.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 10:04:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 10:04:11 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
And here are characters that I know have to be in the game, as they are main characters.

Town:
Aang
Katara
Zuko
Sokka
Iroh

Mafia:
Ozai
Azula
Zhao

I'm guessing that Jordan set it up with 3 mafia, 9 town, and one third party. I'm guessing that the third party is Jet.

Oh, and Toph for town.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 10:45:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't know if we can say for sure which side some characters are on until we know which book this takes place in. After all, Zuko and Iroh would be mafia in book 1, probably 3rd party in book 2, and town in book 3.

Also, it is possible to point out where you think all characters would be affiliated without character claiming yourself. That way you could save it for counter claiming.

However, if we are confident on which characters are in, then maybe we should all character claim DP1. After all, for this theme, there are not too many fake claims to hide behind, giving the town an advantage, and we should use any advantage we get.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:18:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 10:45:46 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I don't know if we can say for sure which side some characters are on until we know which book this takes place in. After all, Zuko and Iroh would be mafia in book 1, probably 3rd party in book 2, and town in book 3.

Also, it is possible to point out where you think all characters would be affiliated without character claiming yourself. That way you could save it for counter claiming.

However, if we are confident on which characters are in, then maybe we should all character claim DP1. After all, for this theme, there are not too many fake claims to hide behind, giving the town an advantage, and we should use any advantage we get.

Not necessarily. Considering what the OP implies and the nature of the theme, it's possible that one of the mafia's win conditions is killing Aang.
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:25:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 10:04:38 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/26/2012 10:04:11 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
And here are characters that I know have to be in the game, as they are main characters.

Town:
Aang
Katara
Zuko
Sokka
Iroh

Mafia:
Ozai
Azula
Zhao

I'm guessing that Jordan set it up with 3 mafia, 9 town, and one third party. I'm guessing that the third party is Jet.

Oh, and Toph for town.

Don't forget Bumi, Appa, Momo, Suki, Roku.
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:26:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 12:28:06 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
And, as such, I character claim Zuko. Ironic that I got my favorite character. The second main character behind Aang.

I still don't know why you character claimed out of the blue, but I'm fairly sure that Zuko is third party that could swing either town or mafia depending on stuff such as the capture of the Avatar. Also, given the nature of my role PM, I'm guessing that you're in a role PM with Iroh.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:39:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 11:26:10 AM, OneElephant wrote:
At 8/26/2012 12:28:06 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
And, as such, I character claim Zuko. Ironic that I got my favorite character. The second main character behind Aang.

I still don't know why you character claimed out of the blue, but I'm fairly sure that Zuko is third party that could swing either town or mafia depending on stuff such as the capture of the Avatar. Also, given the nature of my role PM, I'm guessing that you're in a role PM with Iroh.

Could you paraphrase that role PM?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:41:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 11:25:04 AM, OneElephant wrote:
At 8/26/2012 10:04:38 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/26/2012 10:04:11 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
And here are characters that I know have to be in the game, as they are main characters.

Town:
Aang
Katara
Zuko
Sokka
Iroh

Mafia:
Ozai
Azula
Zhao

I'm guessing that Jordan set it up with 3 mafia, 9 town, and one third party. I'm guessing that the third party is Jet.

Oh, and Toph for town.

Don't forget Bumi, Appa, Momo, Suki, Roku.

Roku died before the events of the series, Bumi and Suki aren't really major characters, though they still could be in the game, and there is no possible role for Appa and Momo. Appa would only make sense as Mafia, as he could be Bus Driver.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:47:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
And I'm going to assume that the alignments are based off of the end of the character's original series story arc ending.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 1:06:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 11:41:22 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/26/2012 11:25:04 AM, OneElephant wrote:
At 8/26/2012 10:04:38 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/26/2012 10:04:11 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
And here are characters that I know have to be in the game, as they are main characters.

Town:
Aang
Katara
Zuko
Sokka
Iroh

Mafia:
Ozai
Azula
Zhao

I'm guessing that Jordan set it up with 3 mafia, 9 town, and one third party. I'm guessing that the third party is Jet.

Oh, and Toph for town.

Don't forget Bumi, Appa, Momo, Suki, Roku.

Roku died before the events of the series, Bumi and Suki aren't really major characters, though they still could be in the game, and there is no possible role for Appa and Momo. Appa would only make sense as Mafia, as he could be Bus Driver.

Yet Roku had a significant role in the series. And Momo and Appa could simply be vanilla.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 1:37:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 1:06:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/26/2012 11:41:22 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/26/2012 11:25:04 AM, OneElephant wrote:
At 8/26/2012 10:04:38 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/26/2012 10:04:11 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
And here are characters that I know have to be in the game, as they are main characters.

Town:
Aang
Katara
Zuko
Sokka
Iroh

Mafia:
Ozai
Azula
Zhao

I'm guessing that Jordan set it up with 3 mafia, 9 town, and one third party. I'm guessing that the third party is Jet.

Oh, and Toph for town.

Don't forget Bumi, Appa, Momo, Suki, Roku.

Roku died before the events of the series, Bumi and Suki aren't really major characters, though they still could be in the game, and there is no possible role for Appa and Momo. Appa would only make sense as Mafia, as he could be Bus Driver.

Yet Roku had a significant role in the series. And Momo and Appa could simply be vanilla.

But Aang and Roku can't be alive at the same time. There can only be one living avatar. And besides, Aang already has the spirit of Roku in him.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 2:25:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What's with all these transvestite names?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 2:35:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 2:25:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
What's with all these transvestite names?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 2:38:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Seeing as Daytona's claimed, where are we goin next? Are we going to co tinye aling the noob rule?

Or will we go with my earlier proposed "inactivty rule?"

If noob rule: OneElephant

If Inactivity: Ober
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 5:12:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 2:38:11 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Seeing as Daytona's claimed, where are we goin next? Are we going to co tinye aling the noob rule?

Or will we go with my earlier proposed "inactivty rule?"

If noob rule: OneElephant

If Inactivity: Ober

I wouldn't mind getting both. However I think OneE is a better pick, because he is both a noob and can be inactive at times.

VTL OneE for a character claim.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 5:26:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Please bold any questions you may have for the mod as such.

Mod: "Question, question question question?"

I will answer questions related to game issues and mistakes and not about the theme itself.

VOTE COUNT
OneElepant (1/7) - Johnnyboy
ishallannoyyo
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 9:04:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I claim Princess Yue (yes, for this game I am a transvestite, deal with it).

I have part of the moon spirit inside me as I was very sick when I was young. I have no special abilities. I win with town.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 9:10:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/26/2012 9:04:29 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
I claim Princess Yue (yes, for this game I am a transvestite, deal with it).

I have part of the moon spirit inside me as I was very sick when I was young. I have no special abilities. I win with town.

And the point of you claiming was...? Well great. Now mafia has better odds of getting a power role.
#FeeltheFreezerBern