Jump to topic:

ATLA: Mafia Day Phase 2

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 8:42:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The people in the town awoke to what seemed to be a peaceful night. But there was a foul smell by the lake. What they saw saddened everyone's hearts immensely. Especially the heart of her older brother.

Katara was there on the ground, breathless, lifeless, dead. Mourning rose through the cities as everyone regretted not keeping an eye on her throughout the night.

Socialpinko - Katara: You are a waterbender and can use your water abilities to heal at times. Thus you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may choose one person to protect.

The Fire Nation continued their plan to conquer the Four Nations. They were on a mission and they were succeeding. It is time for town to step up their game.

It is now Day Phase 2

Players in the game are:

1. Caveat
2. OneElephant
3. Viper-King
4. johnnyboy54
5. Logic_on_rails
6. F-16
7. Buddamoose
8. Royalpaladin
9. LK
10. Ore_Ele
11. Ishallannoyyo
12. Daytonanerd

Note: Royalpaladin has replaced Oberherr.

With 12 players it takes 7 votes for a lynch.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 9:22:32 PM
At 8/28/2012 8:55:32 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Based on the night kill, my FOS is LordKnukle. He tends to kill good players on NP1.

VTL LK for a claim

K. No.

Anybody have a Drafterlist?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:13:13 PM
DRAFTERLIST

Dead Players

Socialpinko - Katara: You are a waterbender and can use your water abilities to heal at times. Thus you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may choose one person to protect.

Role-Claimed

- Ishallanoyo- Princess Yue - Vanilla

Character Claimed

- DaytonaNerd - Zuko - ????
- OneElephant - Sokka - ????

Unclaimed

- Caveat
- Viper-King
- johnnyboy54
- Logic_on_rails
- F-16
- Buddamoose
- Royalpaladin
- LK
- Ore_Ele
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:17:15 PM
At 8/28/2012 11:13:13 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
DRAFTERLIST

Dead Players

Role-Claimed

- Ishallanoyo- Princess Yue - Vanilla

Character Claimed

- DaytonaNerd - Zuko - ????
- OneElephant - Sokka - ????

Unclaimed

- Caveat
- Viper-King
- johnnyboy54
- Logic_on_rails
- F-16
- Buddamoose
- Royalpaladin
- LK
- Ore_Ele

When did Ishallanyo role claim? Also, did Social character claim (or hint) last DP?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:31:35 PM
At 8/28/2012 11:17:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

When did Ishallanyo role claim? Also, did Social character claim (or hint) last DP?

I just went back to look. Ishall claimed second DP1, Social only posted once after the DP ended. He gave an IWWTT and said something about certain characters being borderline town or mafia.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:43:50 PM
At 8/28/2012 11:31:35 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:17:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I just went back to look. Ishall claimed second DP1, Social only posted once after the DP ended. He gave an IWWTT and said something about certain characters being borderline town or mafia.

I'm hesitant about Ishallanyo's claim. Given the number of players, there are far more likely characters. Also, I will "counter" the vanilla claim, though it is possible that there is more than 1 vanilla.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 1:36:43 AM
OreEle, you claimed vanilla. Would you care to provide a character? It's not that I inherently doubt you, but 2 vanillas in such a small game, while not unreasonable does imply perhaps a weakened Mafia (maybe 3 players) . Of course, all the main characters may have powerhouse roles, but given your role claim I don't see too much value in hiding your character. Of course, ishall doesn't seem 100% town looking himself. I'll repeat it again - I'm surprised that Yue isn't beloved princess. Basically, a character claim would be good OreEle.

As to the night, it's pretty horrid that Katara died. I'm presuming she might have protected Sokka, which implies that OneElephant has a reasonably useful role. Otherwise why didn't Social just protect himself?

As to leads, I'd like others to check in, but if seems we have few to follow. I'd be interested to hear Daytona elaborate on being Zuko, yet there's no way Zuko is Mafia, so that's not really an optimal strategy in terms of catching Mafia.

Due to our lack of leads I'd say Royal's point is about as good as any. LK is known to actively eliminate good players like Social when making kill decisions. Of course it's not a good reason to pressure, but we don't have any good reasons at the moment, so we've got to act arbitrarily, lest we stagnate and let inactivity grip the town.

VTL LK
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:16:15 AM
1. Caveat (town read)- not certain
2. OneElephant (town)-certain
3. Viper-King (scum read)
4. johnnyboy54 (no read)
5. Logic_on_rails (town read)- not certain
6. F-16 (no read)
7. Buddamoose (no read)
8. OberHerr (no read)
9. LK (scum read)
10. socialpinko (town)-certain
11. Ore_Ele (scum read)
12. Ishallannoyyo (scum read)
13. Daytonanerd (town read)- pretty certain

Social posted this before he died. Not that it really matters or anything, but just getting that out there.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 8:03:21 AM
Social didn't post anything that even hinted that he was a doctor. That means that he was selected as the kill target because he is a good player.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 8:03:41 AM
At 8/29/2012 7:36:13 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I want a Character Claim from LK.

VTL LK

Bandwagoning much? Why do you want a claim from LK?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 9:18:00 AM
Whatevz. I'm Toph.

VTL Johnny
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 9:52:11 AM
At 8/29/2012 9:37:56 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:18:00 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Whatevz. I'm Toph.

VTL Johnny

Why Johnny?

Of the unclaimed, him and caveat are the least experienced. I did RNG and boom. This game has lost all cohesiveness.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 3:13:01 PM
At 8/29/2012 8:03:41 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

VTL LK

It's not bandwagoning. The reasons for wanting a claim from LK were listed on the first page. This makes me very suspicious of you. I want a claim from you.

VTL Royal for claim
#FeeltheFreezerBern
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 3:14:11 PM
At 8/29/2012 3:13:01 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/29/2012 8:03:41 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

VTL LK

It's not bandwagoning. The reasons for wanting a claim from LK were listed on the first page. This makes me very suspicious of you. I want a claim from you.

VTL Royal for claim

LOL, so apparently I'm scummy for calling you out for bandwagoning? OMGUS much? I think you just want claims.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 4:20:52 PM
Unvote

Toph is a solid claim. I'm perhaps a little surprised that Toph isn't LD, but for game clutter it could easily be cop. If LD I'd expect Azula to be innocent based on the show and Toph being unable to tell if she was lying.

Just to forewarn, I'm at a Beach Boys concert tonight, so I might not post (except at school if lucky) for a bit longer than usual. I'll post more analysis when I have time, but we frankly have little to go on.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 5:20:39 PM
At 8/29/2012 4:20:52 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Unvote

Toph is a solid claim. I'm perhaps a little surprised that Toph isn't LD, but for game clutter it could easily be cop. If LD I'd expect Azula to be innocent based on the show and Toph being unable to tell if she was lying.

Just to forewarn, I'm at a Beach Boys concert tonight, so I might not post (except at school if lucky) for a bit longer than usual. I'll post more analysis when I have time, but we frankly have little to go on.

They're a bit too old to be considered boys now.

If Social was the only doctor, I'd be a bit concerned.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:08:11 PM
At 8/29/2012 1:36:43 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
OreEle, you claimed vanilla. Would you care to provide a character? It's not that I inherently doubt you, but 2 vanillas in such a small game, while not unreasonable does imply perhaps a weakened Mafia (maybe 3 players) . Of course, all the main characters may have powerhouse roles, but given your role claim I don't see too much value in hiding your character. Of course, ishall doesn't seem 100% town looking himself. I'll repeat it again - I'm surprised that Yue isn't beloved princess. Basically, a character claim would be good OreEle.

As to the night, it's pretty horrid that Katara died. I'm presuming she might have protected Sokka, which implies that OneElephant has a reasonably useful role. Otherwise why didn't Social just protect himself?

As to leads, I'd like others to check in, but if seems we have few to follow. I'd be interested to hear Daytona elaborate on being Zuko, yet there's no way Zuko is Mafia, so that's not really an optimal strategy in terms of catching Mafia.

Due to our lack of leads I'd say Royal's point is about as good as any. LK is known to actively eliminate good players like Social when making kill decisions. Of course it's not a good reason to pressure, but we don't have any good reasons at the moment, so we've got to act arbitrarily, lest we stagnate and let inactivity grip the town.

VTL LK

I was originally planning on holding my character for the ability to counter CC, but given the OP, it is not likely any mafia would fake claim me.

I am Iroh, but I am vanilla because I'm the lazy care-free Iroh of the first book. That is the reason I was concerned with what time frame this all takes place. In book 1, Zuko is definitely not town.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:10:36 PM
Without the doctor, I think we should be careful of pressuring for character claims, since if Aang is outted (and if it is true that town loses if he dies) there is not likely any protection for him.

This could end badly (if that is indeed part of the game).
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:21:30 PM
Sorry, I haven't posted a lot. I was busy. I'll read through and post comments. If anyone has any results, they need to out them now. Otherwise, pressuring new players isn't a bad idea. Johnny is definitely the newest out of those unclaimed.

VTL Johnny
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:26:49 PM
Character claiming at this point should be an all or nothing, either everyone character claims or no one does. And that is entirely dependent upon whether Aang's death would be an auto-loss for town. If it is, then no one should out. If it isn't, then everyone should out and we can pick off the weakest claims.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:50:18 PM
At 8/29/2012 7:26:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Character claiming at this point should be an all or nothing, either everyone character claims or no one does. And that is entirely dependent upon whether Aang's death would be an auto-loss for town. If it is, then no one should out. If it isn't, then everyone should out and we can pick off the weakest claims.

But this gives us only two options: we mass claim, meaning Aang will certainly be outed or we just wait to see if anyone has any results.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:54:45 PM
This is an interesting game. I find it suspicious that RoyalPaladin would want a full claim from LordKnuckle based on that reasoning. Plenty of players love killing off good players. Picking LK out of the bunch is just hypocritical when RoyalPaladin likes to eliminate good players. FOS RoyalPaladin. Are there any leads?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 8:17:10 PM
At 8/29/2012 7:54:45 PM, Viper-King wrote:
This is an interesting game. I find it suspicious that RoyalPaladin would want a full claim from LordKnuckle based on that reasoning. Plenty of players love killing off good players. Picking LK out of the bunch is just hypocritical when RoyalPaladin likes to eliminate good players. FOS RoyalPaladin. Are there any leads?

I actually don't eliminate good players. I eliminate people I dislike first, and socialpinko is one of the people I respect.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 8:39:28 PM
At 8/29/2012 7:08:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/29/2012 1:36:43 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

VTL LK

I was originally planning on holding my character for the ability to counter CC, but given the OP, it is not likely any mafia would fake claim me.

I am Iroh, but I am vanilla because I'm the lazy care-free Iroh of the first book. That is the reason I was concerned with what time frame this all takes place. In book 1, Zuko is definitely not town.

I guess I will out my role now. My actual role is provable. I wanted to trick Mafia into thinking I was a power role, but it didn't work. I am the Hated Townie.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 11:31:17 PM
At 8/29/2012 7:50:18 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/29/2012 7:26:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

But this gives us only two options: we mass claim, meaning Aang will certainly be outed or we just wait to see if anyone has any results.

True, the simplest way would be that Aang should know if his death is an auto loss or not, so Aang should out himself if he knows that it IS NOT an auto loss, in which case, everyone should follow. If Aang knows that he IS an auto loss, then he should not out and we should not pressure anyone else for character claims, only role claims. Since if while pressuring for character claims we accidently out Aang (or lynch him for refusing to claim), then we lose because we no longer have a doctor for protection.