Jump to topic:

We need a QuickFire game.

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 10:31:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Quick, somebody start it! It'll be fun, but I have never done QF modding, so I am relying on someone else to do it.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 10:59:13 PM
If the only thing about mafiascum is the long time period for games, then I may try it out. It'll certainly give me a bit of a challenge (since apparently everyone there is a baller at mafia) and get me to step up my game.

If not, I may decide to give epicmafia another try, although that one felt too short for me to really like it and I just never got around to it.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 11:27:50 PM
The thing about mafiascum is that there are no vmpires or MIGs. Everyone posts detailed analysis. It is really challenging. Bandwagoners don't exist. It is difficult to get a lynch on someone even if you are confirmed town. They take forever to make a decision. As town, you have to constantly fight for your life. I spent more time trying to not get mislynched than I spent catching mafiosos. Lickdafoot is on there too but she is playing incredibly well.

There are upsides and downsides to playing on mafiascum. Be prepared to spend about 10 days per day phase. Anything less is odd. Just keep analyzing and hyperanalyzing every post, every sentence, every damn word.

Zaradi, you should join. It'll be nice to have someone familiar on the site.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 11:32:26 PM
At 9/1/2012 11:27:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
The thing about mafiascum is that there are no vmpires or MIGs. Everyone posts detailed analysis. It is really challenging. Bandwagoners don't exist. It is difficult to get a lynch on someone even if you are confirmed town. They take forever to make a decision. As town, you have to constantly fight for your life. I spent more time trying to not get mislynched than I spent catching mafiosos. Lickdafoot is on there too but she is playing incredibly well.

There are upsides and downsides to playing on mafiascum. Be prepared to spend about 10 days per day phase. Anything less is odd. Just keep analyzing and hyperanalyzing every post, every sentence, every damn word.

I may. I'm not terribly confident in my skills right now (Slaves of Time for example, horrible decision making) so maybe with a little more fine-tuning and a little bit of a confidence booster, I'll think I'm good enough to go try and play with the big boys xD
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 11:39:01 PM
@F-16

I'll sign up for a game on mafiascum with you, just gotta know which one you're signing up for. I'm pretty interested to see how games work there.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 11:56:29 PM
At 9/1/2012 11:39:01 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
@F-16

I'll sign up for a game on mafiascum with you, just gotta know which one you're signing up for. I'm pretty interested to see how games work there.

I signed up for this one - it takes 12 people so I think there is one more slot left.

http://forum.mafiascum.net...

I also sent you a message ages ago in your mafiascum inbox. I don't think you logged on since then, did you?
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 12:01:51 AM
At 9/1/2012 11:56:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/1/2012 11:39:01 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
@F-16

I signed up for this one - it takes 12 people so I think there is one more slot left.

http://forum.mafiascum.net...

I also sent you a message ages ago in your mafiascum inbox. I don't think you logged on since then, did you?

I signed up for the game, should be fun.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 12:19:56 PM
At 9/1/2012 11:27:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

This. I was playing for a few weeks myself. They are really challenging. A lot of the SOP's that exist here, don't exist there. They rarely VTNL. You don't pressure someone to claim. That is called role fishing, and you'll be lynched for even mentioning the idea. The "scum" radar you have here, will be completely backwards there. You can't Vote people for only making unhelpful posts, or bandwagoning, or else they will think you are scum. They also barely use any of the roles we use here. They mainly have tons of vanillas, and only one or two power roles.
They use a lot of different analysis, than anything you will see here. The good thing, is for people like logic, who don't have time to post constantly, is the games go just the right speed for those players.

Oh and another thing is, that if you screw up in one game, you'll likely get lynched for it in every other game you play from there on out until you prove you are not an idiot anymore. Even then, people may still vote you.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227