Total Posts:149|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Slaves of Time Mafia Singularity DP3

Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 1:39:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dead Last DP

Zaradi (2) - Future: You are LOYALTY. Loyalty has generally been valued less as time has gone on. During medieval times, loyalty was of upmost importance. In the future however? It seems that the only thing anybody is loyal to anymore is money. Speaking of money, the mafia has a lot of it, and you have been bought out. You are now a member of the mafia. You will not learn who they are and they will not learn who you are, they will not even be told that you have joined them. Discretion is valued in times like these. You have to earn your way into their organization on your own accord, after all. They will not be seeking you out. Sometimes the mafia recruits to expand its ranks and other times to fill vacancies. If no mafiosos are dead you will become a goon. If one or multiple are dead - at the time of your betrayal - you will gain the role of the first Mafioso to die.

You have gained Logic's role. In both the past and the future you are a 1x janitor and every night killer.

What you have learned cannot be unlearned, and why would you want to considering your nice starting bonus? Going to the past will not revert your role. And finally, the role you janitor will be provided both to yourself and to the mafia, so if either of you claim it you will know who the other is.

Dead Last NP

TUF - Future: You are DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY. Technology has reached a state where anything can be found via the internet using even a cellular phone. If you lose a piece of vital information you can retrieve it by simple use of Google. You are the UNIVERSAL BACKUP. The first time a power role dies you will research it to the point at which you can use it yourself. You win with the town.

Living Players

1. IFLY
2. F-16
3. Bluesteel
4. OneElephant 2
5. Budda

With 5 players remaining it takes 3 votes to lynch.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:36:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Zaradi was lynched so he couldn't have killed TUF. This means that TUF tried to recruit a player amongst us - meaning we have a guaranteed scum.

@ bluesteel, who did TUF try to recruit?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:41:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 2:36:36 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Zaradi was lynched so he couldn't have killed TUF. This means that TUF tried to recruit a player amongst us - meaning we have a guaranteed scum.

@ bluesteel, who did TUF try to recruit?

lol, you

I'm asking mestari a clarification question before I decide if I should kill you.

How do you know that with zaradi dead there is no mafia NK?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:42:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 2:41:15 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 9/2/2012 2:36:36 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Zaradi was lynched so he couldn't have killed TUF. This means that TUF tried to recruit a player amongst us - meaning we have a guaranteed scum.

@ bluesteel, who did TUF try to recruit?

lol, you

???? You are kidding.

I'm asking mestari a clarification question before I decide if I should kill you.

How do you know that with zaradi dead there is no mafia NK?

He seems to have inherited Logic's role. "Designated killer."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:45:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol, I don't know how he would die if he recruited me. Or maybe the mafia still has a kill and I was mistaken about Logic's role.

I think the last mafioso is probably OneE.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:46:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not kidding.

You seem to have inside knowledge of how the mafia kills operate, given the circumstances.

I couldn't figure out why you'd bother asking who he tried to recruit, if there's no NK and you were the last mafioso - it would be obvious to you that you were the Mason target.

The only possibly deductions are: 1) there is still a mafia NK, or 2) there are 2 mafiosos left.

2 seems more likely.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:47:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 2:46:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Not kidding.

You seem to have inside knowledge of how the mafia kills operate, given the circumstances.

Do you READ? Go back and read Logic's role. It is basically a hitman - same as the one in Knowledge mafia.

I couldn't figure out why you'd bother asking who he tried to recruit, if there's no NK and you were the last mafioso - it would be obvious to you that you were the Mason target.

The only possibly deductions are: 1) there is still a mafia NK, or 2) there are 2 mafiosos left.

2 seems more likely.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:54:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Look, I don't know how the heck TUF got killed. I have been playing pro-town the entire game. I pushed for Logic's lynch as well as FT's. I was the first to point out that Zaradi(1) third party could have been scum. I pushed for Bossy's lynch whenever I was active and pointed out that his role and justification were absolutely retarded. I also pointed out that Zaradi(2) was lying about his role because it didn't match with the rest. My role is pro-town as well as my behavior. I have been pushing mafia lynches and third party lynches as well. I couldn't have been bussing Zaradi(2) since I wouldn't have known he was mafia.

Honestly, I think OneE is some sort of a role redirector who redirected TUF to himself. Or I was mistaken about my assumption on Logic's role and maybe they can still nk.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:54:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 2:47:54 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/2/2012 2:46:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Not kidding.

You seem to have inside knowledge of how the mafia kills operate, given the circumstances.

Do you READ? Go back and read Logic's role. It is basically a hitman - same as the one in Knowledge mafia.

lol, you're in a double bind. When I say "inside knowledge", you say that it's obvious that mafia has only one role that can perform NK's, so their NK is gone now. When I say that either there is still a mafia NK or you are mafia (which caused TUF to die), you say that there is no mafia NK, ergo you are mafia.

Honestly, assuming 2 mafia left, the best bet is to kill you (F-16) and oneE this DP. If oneE is town/telling the truth, his death stops any potential mafia NK. That leaves it at 3 players - I can either kill someone or conspire with the other townie to lynch someone, assuming the ridiculously unlikely scenario hasn't happened where F-16 and oneE were BOTH town.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:56:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 2:54:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Look, I don't know how the heck TUF got killed. I have been playing pro-town the entire game. I pushed for Logic's lynch as well as FT's. I was the first to point out that Zaradi(1) third party could have been scum. I pushed for Bossy's lynch whenever I was active and pointed out that his role and justification were absolutely retarded. I also pointed out that Zaradi(2) was lying about his role because it didn't match with the rest. My role is pro-town as well as my behavior. I have been pushing mafia lynches and third party lynches as well. I couldn't have been bussing Zaradi(2) since I wouldn't have known he was mafia.

Honestly, I think OneE is some sort of a role redirector who redirected TUF to himself. Or I was mistaken about my assumption on Logic's role and maybe they can still nk.

If you are the 3P lover, now is the time to come clean.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:58:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 2:54:57 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 9/2/2012 2:47:54 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/2/2012 2:46:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Not kidding.

You seem to have inside knowledge of how the mafia kills operate, given the circumstances.

Do you READ? Go back and read Logic's role. It is basically a hitman - same as the one in Knowledge mafia.

lol, you're in a double bind. When I say "inside knowledge", you say that it's obvious that mafia has only one role that can perform NK's, so their NK is gone now. When I say that either there is still a mafia NK or you are mafia (which caused TUF to die), you say that there is no mafia NK, ergo you are mafia.

I was confused as to what the heck happenned and was hypothesizing about the possibilities.

If there is still a mafia nk, then they killed TUF.

If there is no mafia NK, then OneE must have redirected TUF onto himself.

If I was mafia, I'd have given up by now.

Honestly, assuming 2 mafia left, the best bet is to kill you (F-16) and oneE this DP. If oneE is town/telling the truth, his death stops any potential mafia NK. That leaves it at 3 players - I can either kill someone or conspire with the other townie to lynch someone, assuming the ridiculously unlikely scenario hasn't happened where F-16 and oneE were BOTH town.

"Conspire"? Aren't you town?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:59:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wasn't FT 3P? And zaradi(1). So if you're mafia, getting 3P killed doesn't get you any brownie points.

And as you point out, you wouldn't have known that zaradi(2) was on your team.

And wasn't logic investigated guilty? Bussing him at that point doesn't impress me.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:02:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
conspire, i.e. I won't know who mafia is, but theoretically, given I'm proven, I can easily convince either person to lynch the other, so whoever I think is mafia would be lynched. Although day vigging would be easier.

If I was mafia, I'd say "trick" or something like that; TUF would have also died a long time ago.

Silly semantics is royal's game.........
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:03:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 2:59:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Wasn't FT 3P? And zaradi(1). So if you're mafia, getting 3P killed doesn't get you any brownie points.

No, FT was mafia. Bossy was mafia as well. I kept pushing him to paraphrase his role PM because I wanted to figure out if he was scum. If I were bussing, why not just vote him and demand that town vote him to get brownie points. Why would I care so much about his role paraphrase and whether or not he could be scum?

Oh, and FT. The case against him was enitrely based on behavior and nothing else. I also generally don't bus, even if I do, I wouldn't bus my entire scumteam.

And as you point out, you wouldn't have known that zaradi(2) was on your team.

So, I would think he was town and argued against the mislynch to get town-cred rather than point out the inconsistencies in his role and push for his lynch.

And wasn't logic investigated guilty? Bussing him at that point doesn't impress me.

Okay. But there is still FT, Zaradi(1), Zaradi(2), and Bossy. I have been providing sharp analysis as to who is lying. As scum, I would likely have defended the third parties thinking that they were town.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:03:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
OneE, do you have to be killed or does that also include lynching to stop all night actions?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:06:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, bluesteel, mafia often believe third party claims because they assume those third parties are town and hence buddy up to them.

Read through my day phases when you weren't there. I was consistently catching both mafia as well as third parties based on my analysis.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:10:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, I find a lucky redirector unlikely at this point. We've seen no other manifestations of redirection. You're also exaggerating your instrumentality in some of those lynches, it seems. I wasn't around for most of them (and still haven't read those DP's), but Ifly started the major push against zaradi(2) long before you did. You even pointed out how no one else could be mafia (basically showing why you HAD to support zaradi(2)'s lynch since everyone else was proven).

I don't buy that if you were mafia, you'd defend all the 3P's. Mafia need mislynches somehow. No one wins as mafia by vigorously defending all the mislynch targets.

I still think you and OneE should die this phase, just not sure which order yet.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:11:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 3:03:55 PM, bluesteel wrote:
OneE, do you have to be killed or does that also include lynching to stop all night actions?

I think it includes lynching, let me double check just to be safe.

Also, I need to take care of my brother for a while, so I'll be offline for a bit.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:12:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 3:06:15 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Also, bluesteel, mafia often believe third party claims because they assume those third parties are town and hence buddy up to them.

Read through my day phases when you weren't there. I was consistently catching both mafia as well as third parties based on my analysis.

If I have time; I'd rather hear someone else's impression/summary of your role in those lynches first. Who was there?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:20:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
For the record, mestari has confirmed that the NK goes through before the Mason recruitment, so if TUF was NK'ed, I also wouldn't be in a Mason PM with F-16 right now.

So this goes to whether we think there is still a NK or a redirector.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:22:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We've killed 3 mafia or 4 now (logic, FT?, bossy?, zaradi(2))?

I wonder how likely it is that there are 2 mafia left.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:23:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 3:22:02 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Okay, let's kill OneE. I am pretty sure he is the one who is mafia.

It's quite possible, esp. if mafia are things money can buy (loyalty, happiness)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:25:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Come to think of it, the remaining mafioso has to be a noob. Mestari seemed to have mod-balanced the game with bluesteel as town, drafter(1) as cult and Logic and FT as mafia.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:27:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 3:12:03 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Okay, I might regret saying this but I am in fact Johnny's partner. I helped town for over 9 day phases. Let me win as well.

HAHA KNEW IT! Unless you are joking or trolling....

I am going to go eat dinner with my family and may be gone for a little while after that. I'll post when I get back. Seems to me the last two scum is F-16 and OneE...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:35:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 3:27:40 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 9/2/2012 3:12:03 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Okay, I might regret saying this but I am in fact Johnny's partner. I helped town for over 9 day phases. Let me win as well.

HAHA KNEW IT! Unless you are joking or trolling....

I am going to go eat dinner with my family and may be gone for a little while after that. I'll post when I get back. Seems to me the last two scum is F-16 and OneE...

lol, I somehow missed this.

F-16, what if the game won't end unless you're dead.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)