Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

ATLA: Mafia Day Phase 4

Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 7:20:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The saddest day in history. The town awoke and what they saw was too hard to handle. Buddamoose, The Avatar was dead. The fire nation destroyed him. Town must not lose hope. They still have a chance to succeed if they work together to avenge Budda's death.

Buddamoose - Aang: You are the Avatar: With each of your abilities you have a power that you may use once.

Airbending – You can create powerful forces of air to your liking. This power is a CHARACTER COP and will give you the character of any player you select.

Waterbending – With waterbending you can heal thus you are the DOCTOR and can protect one person that night.

Earthbending – This power allows you to ROLEBLOCK a player one night.

Firebending – Your Firebending allows you to create walls of fire. This ability is a VIGILANTE and can kill one person in the night.

Avatar State – Once throughout the game you may use your Avatar state. This ability will strip the Fire Nation of his or her powers for one night but also it would reveal your identity to everyone the following day phase. You can use two of your bending techniques that night as well.

You win with the town.

As town was grieving they remembered the body of F-16. They gave his soul no mercy and mutilated his body before destroying it with fire.

F-16 - Zhao: You are a commander of the Fire Nation. You are the SILENCER and will prevent any player of your choosing to not vote next day-phase. You win with the Fire Nation.

It is now Day Phase 4

Players in the game are:

1. OneElephant
2. Viper-King
3. johnnyboy54
4. Logic_on_rails
5. Royalpaladin
6. LK
7. Ishallannoyyo
8. Daytonanerd

With 8 players it takes 5 votes for a lynch.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 7:22:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
F U mafia.

My role is more or less confirmed since my role block ability coincides with Budda's earthy thing.

I think that we should pressure the rest of the players who have claimed an Earth bendy character for a claim

VTL Johnny to start
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 7:23:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Did anybody mention being silenced in the first three DPs?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 7:26:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
On DP 3, the only people who didn't vote were myself and Johnny. I was not silenced. Hence, Johnny is likely town unless mafia decided to pull some crazy WIFOM gambit.

So Unvote VTL LOR because he also claimed an earth character.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 7:28:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
On DP2, Ore was most likely silenced.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 7:32:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
LK, I'm Jet. I'm a person of the Earth Kingdom yet I'm not an earthbender for your information. Jet uses curved swords to fight and has no bending powers for all non-fans information. I'll discuss Jet's character in depth if need be.

Might as well state it having soft claimed it - I'm vigilante. I've waived my actions all nights. I've stated in the past when I'd be waving my actions and I have.

It should be obvious to all as to why Jet is a vigilante. I'll elaborate when I'm not at school and provide analysis, in so much as we might derive from the deaths, later when at home.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 7:37:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I can't believe they still pursued Budda. FU Mafia!

But I think we should get a role claim from Johnny.

VTL Johnny
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 1:48:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, there isn't too much analysis for me to give, but here goes.

Firstly, the Mafia's attack on Budda was very bold indeed. They had to be pretty sure no watcher existed, or they were desperate and likely down to their last man. Speaking of which, if they started with 3 people it's perhaps possible a 3rd party exists (although I doubt this to be frank) . I can't see a 4 person Mafia + a 3rd party, especially given the fact that Mafia had a silencer. So, between 3rd parties and Mafia there's at most 2 people left as a threat, maybe only one. That's my guess at this point.

F-16's death also makes one wonder if he used the ability, and on whom. Such a fact might be helpful in determining Johnny's affiliation, as per yesterday's vote count and LK's admission.

At this point I'd like to get Johnny's role claim. VTL Johnny . Following that we'll have to make some decisions, although we aren't in a dire situation. To be frank I'm a little surprised that there seems to be no investigators aside from Aang's character cop ability.

Let's get Johnny's claim and move from there.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 2:35:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay guys I can't provide much analysis right now. Its two in the morning and I got class early. I'll be sure to give my two cents later.

Anyways, it's my time to role claim. I'm the jailier.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 3:20:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 2:35:13 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay guys I can't provide much analysis right now. Its two in the morning and I got class early. I'll be sure to give my two cents later.

Anyways, it's my time to role claim. I'm the jailier.

I don't buy it. Justification please?

Dead Players

1) Socialpinko - Katara: You are a waterbender and can use your water abilities to heal at times. Thus you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may choose one person to protect.

2) Caveat - Azula: You are the princess of the Fire Nation. You want to capture the Avatar and see him dead. This is your main goal. You win personally if the Avatar is killed. You have advance firebending capabilities and can stun people with your powers. You are the ACTION-SWITCHER. You can choose two people each night and switch who they target. You win with the Fire Nation.

3) Ore_Ele - Iroh: You are a firebender but are the only one that is calm and controlled and have no care for the war that is going on. You are a simple VANILLA TOWNIE. You win with the town.

4) F-16 - Zhao: You are a commander of the Fire Nation. You are the SILENCER and will prevent any player of your choosing to not vote next day-phase. You win with the Fire Nation.

5) Buddamoose - Aang: You are the Avatar: With each of your abilities you have a power that you may use once.

Role-Claimed

1) Ishall - Princess Yue - Vanilla
2) Daytona - Zuko - Hated Townie
3) Royal - Hama - Redirector
4) LK - Toph - Random roleblocker
5) johnny - Bumi - Jailer

Character Claimed

6) OneE - Sokka - ????
7) Logic - Jet - ?????
8) Viper - Appa - ?????
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 4:16:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 3:20:19 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 9/4/2012 2:35:13 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay guys I can't provide much analysis right now. Its two in the morning and I got class early. I'll be sure to give my two cents later.

Anyways, it's my time to role claim. I'm the jailier.

I don't buy it. Justification please?



Dead Players

1) Socialpinko - Katara: You are a waterbender and can use your water abilities to heal at times. Thus you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may choose one person to protect.

2) Caveat - Azula: You are the princess of the Fire Nation. You want to capture the Avatar and see him dead. This is your main goal. You win personally if the Avatar is killed. You have advance firebending capabilities and can stun people with your powers. You are the ACTION-SWITCHER. You can choose two people each night and switch who they target. You win with the Fire Nation.

3) Ore_Ele - Iroh: You are a firebender but are the only one that is calm and controlled and have no care for the war that is going on. You are a simple VANILLA TOWNIE. You win with the town.

4) F-16 - Zhao: You are a commander of the Fire Nation. You are the SILENCER and will prevent any player of your choosing to not vote next day-phase. You win with the Fire Nation.

5) Buddamoose - Aang: You are the Avatar: With each of your abilities you have a power that you may use once.


Role-Claimed

1) Ishall - Princess Yue - Vanilla
2) Daytona - Zuko - Hated Townie
3) Royal - Hama - Redirector
4) LK - Toph - Random roleblocker
5) johnny - Bumi - Jailer

Character Claimed

6) OneE - Sokka - ????
7) Logic - Jet - Vigilante
8) Viper - Appa - ?????

I said I was vigilante last page. Just updating.

On the claim of Bumi and jailer, I can see it perhaps being possible. Didn't he encase Sokka and Katara in some substance once? Might have been the first season. Still, the claim leaves something to be desired, in the sense that it isn't a main character (although I don't want us just running on main character = confirmed town - might lead us to death if Mafia slipped in somehow) .

Johnny, justification. I know Jordan doesn't give much justification, but give us all of it.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 7:05:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 4:16:21 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 9/4/2012 3:20:19 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 9/4/2012 2:35:13 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay guys I can't provide much analysis right now. Its two in the morning and I got class early. I'll be sure to give my two cents later.

Anyways, it's my time to role claim. I'm the jailier.

I don't buy it. Justification please?



Dead Players

1) Socialpinko - Katara: You are a waterbender and can use your water abilities to heal at times. Thus you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may choose one person to protect.

2) Caveat - Azula: You are the princess of the Fire Nation. You want to capture the Avatar and see him dead. This is your main goal. You win personally if the Avatar is killed. You have advance firebending capabilities and can stun people with your powers. You are the ACTION-SWITCHER. You can choose two people each night and switch who they target. You win with the Fire Nation.

3) Ore_Ele - Iroh: You are a firebender but are the only one that is calm and controlled and have no care for the war that is going on. You are a simple VANILLA TOWNIE. You win with the town.

4) F-16 - Zhao: You are a commander of the Fire Nation. You are the SILENCER and will prevent any player of your choosing to not vote next day-phase. You win with the Fire Nation.

5) Buddamoose - Aang: You are the Avatar: With each of your abilities you have a power that you may use once.


Role-Claimed

1) Ishall - Princess Yue - Vanilla
2) Daytona - Zuko - Hated Townie
3) Royal - Hama - Redirector
4) LK - Toph - Random roleblocker
5) johnny - Bumi - Jailer

Character Claimed

6) OneE - Sokka - ????
7) Logic - Jet - Vigilante
8) Viper - Appa - ?????

I said I was vigilante last page. Just updating.

On the claim of Bumi and jailer, I can see it perhaps being possible. Didn't he encase Sokka and Katara in some substance once? Might have been the first season. Still, the claim leaves something to be desired, in the sense that it isn't a main character (although I don't want us just running on main character = confirmed town - might lead us to death if Mafia slipped in somehow) .

Johnny, justification. I know Jordan doesn't give much justification, but give us all of it.

YES! I DID get your soft claim! :D
#FeeltheFreezerBern
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 7:47:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bumi: You are an earthbender who has one used your abilities to encase crystal. You are the Jailer. Each night you may choose one person to protect and roleblock.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 7:48:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 7:47:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Bumi: You are an earthbender who has one used your abilities to encase crystal. You are the Jailer. Each night you may choose one person to protect and roleblock.

http://philosophistry.com...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 9:35:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 7:47:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Bumi: You are an earthbender who has one used your abilities to encase crystal. You are the Jailer. Each night you may choose one person to protect and roleblock.

I call BS on this claim. Not because of my role, but two glaring errors. First, Bumi is too minor of a character to be the jailer. Second, even if he were a major character, he only encased people in crystal, therefore, it would be 1x Jailer.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 9:53:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 9:35:30 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 9/4/2012 7:47:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Bumi: You are an earthbender who has one used your abilities to encase crystal. You are the Jailer. Each night you may choose one person to protect and roleblock.

I call BS on this claim. Not because of my role, but two glaring errors. First, Bumi is too minor of a character to be the jailer. Second, even if he were a major character, he only encased people in crystal, therefore, it would be 1x Jailer.

I admit, I don't know anything about the show. However, I don't see how the importance of he character has on the role of the character.

Also, I don't understand why justification implies a one shot ability. Please elaborate.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 9:56:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 9:53:16 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 9:35:30 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 9/4/2012 7:47:15 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Bumi: You are an earthbender who has one used your abilities to encase crystal. You are the Jailer. Each night you may choose one person to protect and roleblock.

I call BS on this claim. Not because of my role, but two glaring errors. First, Bumi is too minor of a character to be the jailer. Second, even if he were a major character, he only encased people in crystal, therefore, it would be 1x Jailer.

I admit, I don't know anything about the show. However, I don't see how the importance of he character has on the role of the character.

Also, I don't understand why justification implies a one shot ability. Please elaborate.

Frankly, Bumi only uses the encasing ability once in the entire show, in season 1. It also didn't affect the course of the series one bit. And btw, there was a way to get out of the crystals. A person could escape by eating the crystal. So, yeah, bye Ozai.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:43:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/3/2012 7:26:19 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
On DP 3, the only people who didn't vote were myself and Johnny. I was not silenced. Hence, Johnny is likely town unless mafia decided to pull some crazy WIFOM gambit.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:46:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Considering that everybody else has pretty solid claims, LOR can prove his role by VIGing either Viper or OneE. Neither of them have really participated in the game and have been more or less lurking, which is typical of Viper but not necessarily of OneE.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 1:50:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
VOTE COUNT
Johnnyboy54 (2/5) - Daytonanerd, Logic_on_rails
Logic_on_rails (1/5) - Lordknukle

The day phase will close with a VTNL in 15 hours if a majority vote isn't submitted.
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 3:41:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:46:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Considering that everybody else has pretty solid claims, LOR can prove his role by VIGing either Viper or OneE. Neither of them have really participated in the game and have been more or less lurking, which is typical of Viper but not necessarily of OneE.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm already confirmed town. And it's possible that the mafia didn't silence at all, especially considering how Johnny refuses to mention it.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:56:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 3:41:58 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:46:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Considering that everybody else has pretty solid claims, LOR can prove his role by VIGing either Viper or OneE. Neither of them have really participated in the game and have been more or less lurking, which is typical of Viper but not necessarily of OneE.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm already confirmed town. And it's possible that the mafia didn't silence at all, especially considering how Johnny refuses to mention it.

I thought I mentioned it when I claimed?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:59:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 5:56:07 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 3:41:58 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:46:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Considering that everybody else has pretty solid claims, LOR can prove his role by VIGing either Viper or OneE. Neither of them have really participated in the game and have been more or less lurking, which is typical of Viper but not necessarily of OneE.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm already confirmed town. And it's possible that the mafia didn't silence at all, especially considering how Johnny refuses to mention it.

I thought I mentioned it when I claimed?

Derp. I did not. I was silenced last DP. However that only means that I could not vote. I did not have time to post, as the DP was over before I had time to catch up and post in it.

Anyways, One E, can you save me the trouble of going through the DP and telling me how you are confirmed town?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 7:45:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 5:59:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 5:56:07 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 3:41:58 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:46:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Considering that everybody else has pretty solid claims, LOR can prove his role by VIGing either Viper or OneE. Neither of them have really participated in the game and have been more or less lurking, which is typical of Viper but not necessarily of OneE.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm already confirmed town. And it's possible that the mafia didn't silence at all, especially considering how Johnny refuses to mention it.

I thought I mentioned it when I claimed?

Derp. I did not. I was silenced last DP. However that only means that I could not vote. I did not have time to post, as the DP was over before I had time to catch up and post in it.

Anyways, One E, can you save me the trouble of going through the DP and telling me how you are confirmed town?

First off, if you've watched the series you would know that Sokka is one of the three most major characters in the series. He's there from the start of the series and travels throughout the world with Aang, he's been in every episode. Additionally, I started the game in a PM with SocialPinko (Katara), and I stated this during DP1. Social was active but did not refute this.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:14:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 7:45:48 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 9/5/2012 5:59:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 5:56:07 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 3:41:58 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:46:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Considering that everybody else has pretty solid claims, LOR can prove his role by VIGing either Viper or OneE. Neither of them have really participated in the game and have been more or less lurking, which is typical of Viper but not necessarily of OneE.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm already confirmed town. And it's possible that the mafia didn't silence at all, especially considering how Johnny refuses to mention it.

I thought I mentioned it when I claimed?

Derp. I did not. I was silenced last DP. However that only means that I could not vote. I did not have time to post, as the DP was over before I had time to catch up and post in it.

Anyways, One E, can you save me the trouble of going through the DP and telling me how you are confirmed town?

First off, if you've watched the series you would know that Sokka is one of the three most major characters in the series. He's there from the start of the series and travels throughout the world with Aang, he's been in every episode. Additionally, I started the game in a PM with SocialPinko (Katara), and I stated this during DP1. Social was active but did not refute this.

Got it. If Social didn't refute it, I doubt it was false.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.