Jump to topic:

Basline Rules for Mafia

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:33:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Basically, in Fourtrouble's thread about the inactive SOP players such as Fourtrouble and myself have been trying to get accepted, I propose that perhaps we should draft a set of basline rules that all games should follow.

One of those rules, that I use in all my games, is called the "Inactivoty Replacement Rule." The rule is essentially as follows:

To be a candidate for replacement you must not post in two subsequent phased. Posting in ones role PM is accepted. Keep in mind though that this rule, though it makes lurking permissable, also makes lurking concretely FOS'able.

The point of this rule is to encourage activity, not to force players out of the game. If you do become a candidate for replacement though, you can and likely will be replaced without notice, ASAP. Of course if you come back before you are replaced, you will no longer be considered inactive, and thus not need to worry about being replaced.

Essentially my train of though, is that to keep games running smoothly, and also to make it easier for newer players to not only play, but make it understood what is expected of players when signing up, we should have a baseline set of "rules" that apy to all mafia games.

Another one that comes to mind is limiting the time day phases an night phases last. For example in my games, I generally keep it at:

A) 48 Hour Day Phases
B) 24 Hour Night Phases

Anyways, any thoughts? Any suggestions you all can think of yourselves?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 3:05:37 PM
Bump
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
maxx233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:47:54 PM
One thing, as a beginner, that I would like to see would be a published set of sop - perhaps added to the beginner mafia guide that's stickied. These seem to be more like "suggested" procedure than standard as far as I can tell, but still it would be nice to know what might be encountered and subjectively pushed as standard in any particular game. Other than the noob rule and inactive player rules (both could legitimately be claimed to be "standard" at this point I think, so they should both be included) I hear there's a lynch the liar rule - regardless whether they do confirm as town - because it's anti town behavior? While I suppose that makes some sense I would never have guessed that and it's actually pretty counter intuitive to the few times I've played irl. So again, would be swell to know of these when it's not simply common knowledge to you ;)