Electronic Device Mafia Day Phase Two

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:00:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dead in the Night

Man-Is-Good: Laser Pointer- Lasers have all the potential in the world to be included in many useful inventions.  Indeed they are even today. However the laser itself, is actually the main part of very few electronic devices. Usually just a small piece within the larger electronic devices. Indeed, actual lasers, such as laser pointers, which you are, are quite useless, with very few practical uses.  It seems all lasers are good for sometimes, is to just shine a light from point A to point B. It is because of this, that you are the COMPULSIVE VISITOR. Much as a laser's light travels, so will you. You must select a target each night(excluding yourself) to visit. You will do nothing upon visiting them. You win with the town. 

Living Players

1. Ishallannoyo
2. F-16
3. Airmax
4. TheBomb
5. Jordan
6. Maxx
7. Fourtrouble
8. DaytonaNerd
9. SocialPinko
10. Johnnyboy

With 10 Players Alive it takes 6 votes to lynch!

This Day Phase will end at 10:00 PM Friday 9/7.

Good Luck and Have Fun!!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:05:20 PM
I think he could have had a PGO death... Maybe. I would have imagined that Mafia went for Airmax, and there was a doc on him. Idk. Just speculation.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:06:50 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:05:20 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I think he could have had a PGO death... Maybe. I would have imagined that Mafia went for Airmax, and there was a doc on him. Idk. Just speculation.

Simply because Airmax wanted a doc would make mafia shy away from him. That would be a waste of a night kill.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:09:04 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:05:20 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I doubt I was the mafia NK target. Too big of a risk considering the doc was likely on me... MIG was a safe NK bet.

I was role blocked btw... "Night Action: Failed"

Anyone have any results?
Debate.org Moderator
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:13:39 PM
I am suspicious of Daytona. PGO's are rare. Why assume a PGO and that mafia tried to kill Airmax who might have been docced? I am thinking they might have tried a kill and failed and Daytona knows this. Daytona's post seems to have inside knowledge. I guess he could be PGO himself and I don't know if mafia would kill and roleblock Airmax unless he soft-claimed doc. Hmm, on second thought I am undecided on Daytona. I'll wait to see if there are any results before pressuring anyone for a claim.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:15:48 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:13:39 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am suspicious of Daytona. PGO's are rare. Why assume a PGO and that mafia tried to kill Airmax who might have been docced? I am thinking they might have tried a kill and failed and Daytona knows this. Daytona's post seems to have inside knowledge. I guess he could be PGO himself and I don't know if mafia would kill and roleblock Airmax unless he soft-claimed doc. Hmm, on second thought I am undecided on Daytona. I'll wait to see if there are any results before pressuring anyone for a claim.

Of course at the time Daytona posted that, he did not know the Airmax had been roleblocked.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:16:55 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:15:48 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Of course at the time Daytona posted that, he did not know the Airmax had been roleblocked.

Does that make him more or less suspicious to you?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:21:01 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:16:55 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Shouldn't really change analysis of things one way or another. But I do think that the PGO assumption is odd especially given that the mafia shying away from me as a NK target should be pretty obvious.
Debate.org Moderator
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:30:52 PM

Eh. I'm not sure. I find it slightly more suspicious that he assumed that mafia would go after Airmax. Airmax soft-claims a power role and asks for doc protection. It should be obvious that mafia would not target him, because they don't want to waste their kill.

I get that posting bad analysis is not necessarily indicative of scum, however it sometimes indicates that a mafioso is pretending to contribute analysis. However Daytona is a newer player and not necessarily known for contributing awesome analysis.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:32:27 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:21:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Shouldn't really change analysis of things one way or another. But I do think that the PGO assumption is odd especially given that the mafia shying away from me as a NK target should be pretty obvious.

There's also the other option, they did try to kill you, because they thought that by you wanting doc on you that would make town think that mafia wouldn't try to kill you (Airmax) so doc would think that mafia would think that doc was on Airmax so doc would then doc someone else thinking mafia wouldn't target you. And then they could have targeted you with doc on you. My brain isn't working well, so that probably could have been simplified...xD

And, simply saying that PGOs are rare does not mean there is not a PGO in this game.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:33:40 PM
Then there's the last option, Airmax is scum and simply wanted to get the doc out of the way for the nk. Just presenting a hypothetical.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:37:58 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:32:27 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

There's also the other option, they did try to kill you, because they thought that by you wanting doc on you that would make town think that mafia wouldn't try to kill you (Airmax) so doc would think that mafia would think that doc was on Airmax so doc would then doc someone else thinking mafia wouldn't target you. And then they could have targeted you with doc on you. My brain isn't working well, so that probably could have been simplified...xD

And, simply saying that PGOs are rare does not mean there is not a PGO in this game.

There is no way to knowr ight now if doc was on me or not... But in cases like these, mafia doesn't want to waste their NK and they just target someone else. Doc was def. not going to be on MIG , so he was a safe target.

There could be a PGO in this game, but the odds aren't great, and even less that MIG specifically visited one.

Most likely scenario: Mafia didn't go for me concerned I was doc'd and instead killed MIG.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:39:55 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:33:40 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
Then there's the last option, Airmax is scum and simply wanted to get the doc out of the way for the nk. Just presenting a hypothetical.

Def. possible. I'm not confirmed, so this is certainly something I could have done. However I claimed (a fairly common item) fairly quickly when pressured DP1, didn't get CC'd and there's no FOS on me other than this hypothetical.
Debate.org Moderator
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:40:40 PM
Drafter List

DEAD

MIG - Compulsive visiter

ROLE CLAIMED

CHARACTER CLAIM

Airmax - Smartphone
THEBOMB- CD Player

UNCLAIMED

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
SocialPinko
Johnnyboy
Daytonanerd
Jordan56
Ishallannoyyo
Fourtrouble
Maxx
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:41:57 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:37:58 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 8:32:27 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

There is no way to knowr ight now if doc was on me or not... But in cases like these, mafia doesn't want to waste their NK and they just target someone else. Doc was def. not going to be on MIG , so he was a safe target.

hmmm...but the chances of killing off a power role could cause some people to take that chance. I mean if you turn out to be say a cop or a vig, killing you off would be very beneficial for mafia. And seeing how we do not know who is maf right now and what their playing style is we cannot say for 100% certainty either way.

There could be a PGO in this game, but the odds aren't great, and even less that MIG specifically visited one.

When I played on Epicmafia for a time, three times in a row I visited the Granny (PGO)...it sucked.

Most likely scenario: Mafia didn't go for me concerned I was doc'd and instead killed MIG.

And Occam's Razor would agree with you :P but you can't simply dismiss other possibilities.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:42:32 PM
Okay so until we get some results, we don't have much to go on. Daytona's analysis doesn't make much sense IMO, so I think we should get his claim.

VTL Daytona
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:44:00 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:39:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 8:33:40 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

Def. possible. I'm not confirmed, so this is certainly something I could have done. However I claimed (a fairly common item) fairly quickly when pressured DP1, didn't get CC'd and there's no FOS on me other than this hypothetical.

The DP went by rather quick. It is simply possible nobody had a chance. (Did everyone post last DP?) Or they could be waiting to out you as well a fraud.

PS. It's not an FOS.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:44:17 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:42:32 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Okay so until we get some results, we don't have much to go on. Daytona's analysis doesn't make much sense IMO, so I think we should get his claim.

VTL Daytona

Fine. I'm the defibrillator.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:44:33 PM
I think the most likely thing that happened NP1 was that the doc actually doc'd himself. Mafia didn't want to risk losing the NK by targeting me, and instead targeted MIG. Nothing really unusual at all about NP1 so far except that I was RB'd (possible mafia roleblocker, less likely town jailer)... pretty basic.. So it is odd that a PGO was speculated. However not enough for a significant FOS at the moment.

Hopefully we have some decent results to go on this DP...
Debate.org Moderator
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:45:42 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:44:17 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

VTL Daytona

The ones that are put in hearts?
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:46:28 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:45:42 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

VTL Daytona

What other kind is there?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:46:33 PM

VTL Daytona

Defibrillator's aren't put inside of hearts....
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:47:07 PM

VTL Daytona

Yeah...

Revives peoples hearts... Speculate on that role a bit haha
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:47:47 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:46:33 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

VTL Daytona

Defibrillator's aren't put inside of hearts....

I think he meant on... though it's not "put on" the heart either. it's put on the chest...
Debate.org Moderator
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:50:54 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:49:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

There is no reviver on the list Budda gave us. Role claim?

I really don't think it's a good idea for me to role claim, especially because there is a roleblocker in the game.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:50:59 PM

Good catch.. 1X reviver is the only thing that came to mind..

VTL Daytona for role claim
Debate.org Moderator
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:53:07 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:50:59 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Good catch.. 1X reviver is the only thing that came to mind..

VTL Daytona for role claim

Ergh... As I said, as there is a roleblocker, if I reveal my role, there is no chance I live, and it will really suck for town.
#FeeltheFreezerBern