Total Posts:402|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

BG Mafia DP1

FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:06:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
DP1

"You'll forgive me, Madam President, if I don't wish to be executed based solely on your... gut feeling."

Active Players

1. IFLY
2. johnny
3. maxx233
4. VK
5. F-16
6. Buddamoose
7. Airmax
8. Mestari
9. LK
10. royal
11. Ishallannoyyo
12. JM
13. Daytonanerd
14. MA
15. Logic
16. socialpinko
17. Zaradi

It takes 9 votes to lynch.

All the usual rules apply.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:19:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I win with the town. If I'm not mistaken this should be Militaryatheist's first game. As per the noob rule VTL MA for character claim.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:28:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've never seen the show so perhaps people who are familiar with it should speak up at some point.

Also, looking at the characters from the show, there were at least 100 cataloged characters from the "2003 miniseries/ 2004 series", 18 from "Galactica 1980", and over 50 from the "original 1978 movie and series". That being said I'm guessing character claims won't be of much use. I recommend getting role claims along with character claims. That pertains to my vote for Ishall.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:34:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:29:45 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
This game is based on the 2004 series.

In that case nvm. There appear to be only around 20 characters on the series. Just character claims then.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:43:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In a 17 person game, 2-3 claims should be okay before we VTNL, providing there are no surprises this DP (a CC for instance). MA, ishall, and Maxx should all claim via the noob rule.

VTL MA
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:45:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I also have reason to believe, via my role, that affiliation will not be revealed upon death.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:53:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:43:31 PM, Zaradi wrote:
In a 17 person game, 2-3 claims should be okay before we VTNL, providing there are no surprises this DP (a CC for instance). MA, ishall, and Maxx should all claim via the noob rule.

VTL MA

I'm not sure if the newb rule should completely control ow we act this Dp. For instance I'm guessing affiliations were not assigned completely at random. therefore we can guess at least one relatively good player is in the mafia. Perhaps someone like Logic, F-59382, or Mestari would make a good candidate towards the end of the Dp.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:03:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:53:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:43:31 PM, Zaradi wrote:
In a 17 person game, 2-3 claims should be okay before we VTNL, providing there are no surprises this DP (a CC for instance). MA, ishall, and Maxx should all claim via the noob rule.

VTL MA

I'm not sure if the newb rule should completely control ow we act this Dp. For instance I'm guessing affiliations were not assigned completely at random. therefore we can guess at least one relatively good player is in the mafia. Perhaps someone like Logic, F-59382, or Mestari would make a good candidate towards the end of the Dp.

Sure, but wouldn't they also be apt to have viable fake-character claims by now, at least? Wouldn't experienced players be a better night target for investigation rather than waste time in the DP trying to wiggle a claim out of them.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:12:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:45:02 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I also have reason to believe, via my role, that affiliation will not be revealed upon death.

Will be interesting to see if that's true. I suppose I could see it. I've only seen the series not quite til the end of season 1, but I could see how that makes sense.

btw, I'll claim if pressured, but I'd rather not. Probably better if I don't, for me individually and the town as a whole.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 2:12:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 1:12:21 PM, maxx233 wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:45:02 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I also have reason to believe, via my role, that affiliation will not be revealed upon death.

Will be interesting to see if that's true. I suppose I could see it. I've only seen the series not quite til the end of season 1, but I could see how that makes sense.

btw, I'll claim if pressured, but I'd rather not. Probably better if I don't, for me individually and the town as a whole.

Fair enough. There are other new people, such as JM, and spinko's theory of experienced players rings true for the most part, so we have plenty of people we can get to claim. You can come later.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ishallannoyyo
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:15:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 5:14:42 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
VTL MA

I'm Hera Aglathon (not sure if I spelled that right)

Never mind, I spelled it right :)

VTL MA
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:23:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I will give a hint about my character - it is relatively minor. However, my role is major and usually is prevalent in most mafia games and is a fairly common one at that. Suffice to say that when I role-claim, you can point to this statement, I made at the very beginning of the game to see if it matches with my claim. I don't think it is a good idea to character claim since it gives away my role (I'll let the mafia WIFOM themselves over what the role could be). Anyways, consider this information in lieu of an early character claim due to the unique nature of my role i.e. having a minor character but a common role.

Regarding who to pressure, FT has said that roles were assigned randomly. He has been saying that he would assign roles randomly since a very long time before he started the game. I am sure that he will say the same to anyone who would like to check. Therefore, it isn't a good idea to assume that experienced players will be in the mafia. With that said, I find it somewhat odd that Social points to me, Logic, and Mestari as good players but not himself. Social himself is more experienced than me, so using his Logic, it makes sense to pressure him. But I don't think that will do us any good this game as roles were randomized. I quite like the inactive rule that FT and Budda started a thread about so pressuring a few inactives for their claims now isn't a bad idea since they probably won't show up ever again so we are spared the agony of waiting for them at a more critical point in the game. MA fits into this category so I will go with pressuring him.

VTL MA
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:44:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@F-495856, I was merely providing examples of experienced players. I didn't include myself because I thought explicitly putting myself up as someone to pressure might look suspicious. But don't worry, it was by no means exhaustive. If the town wants my character claim I won't try to stop it.

Now that Ishall has character claimed, I suppose we just need WA's and someone else. The inactivity rule might be useful. I don't recognize anyone on the list though as usually inactive.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:24:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Appologize for the fluff post, but this is really bugging me and I gotta figure it out:

@Spinko:

Why do you address F-16 as F-(insert random conglomeration of numbers) instead of as just normal F-16? It seems like a pointless thing to do xD
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:28:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 6:24:56 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Appologize for the fluff post, but this is really bugging me and I gotta figure it out:

@Spinko:

Why do you address F-16 as F-(insert random conglomeration of numbers) instead of as just normal F-16? It seems like a pointless thing to do xD

I can't remember how it happened but I've done it since F-532 joined. Sometimes I use specific numbers or patterns but I rarely use the actual numbers in his name.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:39:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 7:05:49 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I doubt that MA will claim since he has a history of inactivity, so I am going to VTL JM for a claim.

Who's JM?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:47:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am Helen Cain

I am the Miller

I win with the town

(Except for the words "you" instead of the words "I" this is pretty much the entirety of my role PM)

There is no justification whatsoever in my role PM... people can figure it out for themselves why Helen is the Miller... If people insist on it I guess I can come up with a reason, though it doesn't say any reason why in my role PM.. so there ya go..
Debate.org Moderator
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 8:12:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:53:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:43:31 PM, Zaradi wrote:
In a 17 person game, 2-3 claims should be okay before we VTNL, providing there are no surprises this DP (a CC for instance). MA, ishall, and Maxx should all claim via the noob rule.

VTL MA

I'm not sure if the newb rule should completely control ow we act this Dp. For instance I'm guessing affiliations were not assigned completely at random. therefore we can guess at least one relatively good player is in the mafia. Perhaps someone like Logic, F-59382, or Mestari would make a good candidate towards the end of the Dp.

To answer your question before pressure begins, no. If you want to pick somebody from that list pick F-16. FT explicitly stated in the end-game of SoT mafia that he personally enjoyed working with F-16 and watching him play as mafia.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 8:39:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
VTL F-16.

Gut feeling. We already have two character claims and a role claim so I feel we ought to be more productive and pick somebody to claim that might give us some valuable progress.

At 9/6/2012 5:23:31 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I don't think it is a good idea to character claim since it gives away my role (I'll let the mafia WIFOM themselves over what the role could be).

This sounds fishy to me. I don't see why a town would make such a statement. When townies are pressured to claim with major roles they are usually reluctant and ask for protection because the nature of being a major role attracts the mafia nk, redirects, and roleblocks. The idea is to not let them know you have a major role. It appears to me that F-16 claims to want to drive the mafia into a state of WIFOM in order to establish a juxtaposition where he is opposed to the mafia. Townies don't try to do this. Townies scum hunt and don't try to drop subliminal messages to mess with other people's heads. Furthermore, why is F-16 blatantly not concerned about a night kill, roleblock, or redirect? If his role is major he ought to want to avoid being the target of any of those, yet he does the opposite of what is expected. Furthermore, claiming a minor character with a major role allows him many strategic possibilities as mafia:

1) Minor characters are abundant and will allow for a simple character claim later on if most major characters are claimed.
2) Claiming to have a major role early allows him to wait to claim until after other major roles are out. This puts him in a position that permits him to claim a major role while avoiding any possible CCs that would be attracted from claiming early. Yet having a claimed major role also deters suspicion. F-16 knows that FT is a smart mafia player and would leave major roles available for the mafia to claim, he is using a delay tactic to pseudo-confirm himself off of this.

I see two possibilities for F-16's behavior:

1) He's mafia.
2) He's playing bait and is going to claim a weak role later. I don't buy this because:

A. Let's look at the roles that play bait:

i) Miller: Already claimed.
ii) Bulletproof: Can out the doctor which means he would want to play pro-town and not pretend to be a major role. Can also be roleblocked/killed in most setups.
iii) Vanilla: Now this is a possibility but F-16 would obviously account for staying alive if he were a vanilla and would know that his eventual vanilla claim would be seen as scummy due to him using a delay tactic to claim. F-16 wouldn't intentionally make himself look scummy.
iv) Godfather: He knows he won't be killed, can fool investigations, and if there is a mafia lookout can bait out townie power roles. Oh, and it's a mafia role.

So that leaves 3 options, 1 is mafia, 1 is anti-town, and 1 would require F-16 to take a course of action that is against his nature as a philosophy player.

B. F-16 usually doesn't claim unless he absolutely have to when town. It usually takes an entire DP and a metric sh!t ton of pressure to get him to claim. This is only amplified when he has a major role. Again, why the 180?

This is just too unlike F-16 and seems too conveniently planned to be genuine.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 9:50:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hi everyone. So some interesting stuff so far in DP1 surprisingly.

I would personally like to see claims from inactive players, so if Royal is correct in tha MA is generally inactive, he should claim, so we have an indicator of his affiliation at least.

VTL MA

Afterwards, being such a large game, a fourth claim, not from the same SOP, but from someone who's behavior was suspicious throughout the DP, would be a good idea to get a claim from. A few candidates come to mind right now:

Royal- She uses the fact that MA is inactive to say that we shouldnt bother getting MA to claim. How so? If he is "inactive" then we shoul just get it over with right now. In fact, depending on how long it takes, a decision could be made to just get a full claim, depending on how inactive he truly is when playing.

F-16- Mestari's analysis actually makes sense, and this would be an utter bandwagon onto his, and I realize this, but I'm not one to ignore the analysis simply because its bandwagonning. Its a lead, and I'll follow it.

A claim from F-16 would also give a better indicator of Mestari's affiliation as well. Though for now he definitely seems pro-town to me. As his FOS was based upon F-16's behavior, which is a legitimate reason for an FOS. Also, I dont see a mafia stickin their necks out this early with such an extensive FOS, on F-16 no less. I smell an OMGUS approaching.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion