Jump to topic:

ATLA: Mafia Endgame Thread

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:03:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It was a tragic day in the land of Avatar. The Fire Nation came up with a plan to kill Ishall during the day. He turned out to be Princess Yue of the water tribe. There was nothing left for town to do. With the Water Princess dead, they spent there last days grieving and The Fire Nation Triumphed over the world :(

Ishallannoyyo - Princess Yue: You are the BELOVED PRINCESS of the water kingdom and were given part of the Moon Spirit in order to survive an early childhood illness. If you are killed the water benders will lose their powers for the night and will grief the following day phase. You have no abilities. You win with the town.

The Game Has Concluded.

Standings

First Place: Mafia
-Johnnyboy54: Ozai - Godfather/Rolecop
-Caveat: Azula - Action Switcher
-F-16: Zhao - Silencer
-Logic_on_rails: Ty Lee - Roleblocker

Last Place: Town

Since town killed the Beloved Princess they would have lost a day phase, giving Mafia two kills which caused their win.

Well it was an interesting game everybody. Just wished there was more activity which really caused the town to lose. Also, the Town had great roles and nobody used it wisely. Viper was one shot doc and protected himself on the night Budda died. OneElephant was the cop and got no useful results until the night of his death. Ishall should have warned everyone he was beloved princess, but no.

Also Mafia got way ahead when they found the role of the Budda, The Avatar, and killed the doctor on Night 1. Props to them for that.

Most Valuable Player goes to Logic_on_Rails. Based on his in depth analysis in the day phase he was able to capture the trust of the town, manipulate their every thoughts. Good Job to him.

If you would like to know a specific characters role. Let me know and I will post it.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:10:22 AM
Awesome job, Logic. I think you proved the full extent of your skill in this game. I said it in the mafia PM and I'll say it again - you literally had the town wrapped around your pinky finger. Your analysis was what town was clinging to at every opportunity. It was fun to watch. Overall, I think everyone played pretty well. Both mafia and town got lucky with their night actions - that factored in as well. Inactivity hurt the town quite a bit. Good game guys. Enjoyable to play and later, watch logic in action.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:17:43 AM
1) Logic was vig who outright stated he would shoot NP3, and no death? Nobody questions it, nice...

2) Johnnyboy's paraphrase is horrid, and his reason? "I dont know much about the show."

WUT, how does nobody keep pressuring him after this. Especially given he claimed a protective role, with doc already flipped.

3) Caveats lynch was lucky

4) If anyone did even the minutest amount of research into the show, they would understand exactly what role Princess Yue would be.

Just such a disspponting game. So obvious, nothing I could do...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:18:28 AM
By the way, Y I NO GET REPLACED IN?!??!?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:21:48 AM
At 9/9/2012 12:18:28 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

You knew too much LOL. And I was a bit lazy with the replacements.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:22:38 AM
At 9/9/2012 12:03:36 AM, Jordan56 wrote:

Well it was an interesting game everybody. Just wished there was more activity which really caused the town to lose.

Woulda fixed that ya kno, and you told me you would replace me in if needed... wtf
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:24:11 AM
At 9/9/2012 12:21:48 AM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/9/2012 12:18:28 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

You knew too much LOL. And I was a bit lazy with the replacements.

fvcking hell, are you serious? Wow, yeah, thats cheap. I dot get replaced in because I'm the only one who had any idea what was going on. So to make it so mafia werent too challenged, they instead got an easy win. Nice...
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:26:08 AM
At 9/9/2012 12:10:22 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Awesome job, Logic. I think you proved the full extent of your skill in this game. I said it in the mafia PM and I'll say it again - you literally had the town wrapped around your pinky finger. Your analysis was what town was clinging to at every opportunity. It was fun to watch. Overall, I think everyone played pretty well. Both mafia and town got lucky with their night actions - that factored in as well. Inactivity hurt the town quite a bit. Good game guys. Enjoyable to play and later, watch logic in action.

I loved watching this game from the outside for precisely that reason. As Budda said, it seemed pretty obvious that Logic was mafia, so watching Logic take complete control of the game was truly a pleasure. I'd say Logic definitely showed his persuasive skill in this game. No one doubted his analysis for a second.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 3:19:09 AM
Nice to just relax with a theme I knew perfectly and annihilate the town. Town should 100% have won this.

The lynch on Ishall should never have happened. It was blatantly obvious who Yue was, and town should have known that Yue was investigated innocent. What, didn't catch that mid-game? Wonder why OneElephant said to not kill Ishall after the end of DP 4? Obvious was obvious. In fact, earlier in the game there was a really annoying consensus going that Ishall was town.

To be fair, Mafia only needed a mislynch or 2 to win this game, but Ishall, Viper and Royal were the only real targets anybody should reasonably have been able to mislynch due to character claims being so ridiculously helpful. However, nearly nobody contributed any analysis. To be fair, I was contributing more analysis than most townies, and was the one to get activity going DP 2. Back to mislynches, following F-16's death Royal looked super clear, Viper had CC'd Caveat (told him to claim Hakoda...) and Ishall, for some unknown reason, was treated as town. Looked to be game over...

And the 1 remaining protective role protects himself. Incredible. I mean, I think I played pro-town as much I could, soft claimed in advance and so on, but at the end of the day I wasn't confirmed. As to my prepared kill which I didn't do, I had an explanation in hand for being roleblocked, but didn't want attention going to Johnny.

DP 4 and 5 were horrid on the town's part. The idea in game design was probably that if Mafia hadn't won by DP 4 the Avatar would have crushed them and character claims would utterly win for the town. That basically happened, except the Avatar died through a lack of protection. OneElephant should have outed. We would have had nearly no lynch targets.

Enjoyable game for me. Had to help defend Johnny and get frustrated when Caveat claimed Appa, but it was good fun. Budda, it would have been fun to have 1 sane townie left to deal with, but even one townie could have exposed the house of cards I was playing on. Although... I did contribute more analysis than most people this game.

Jordan, great to play in a theme I know, and some interesting points about this game; a unique way of balancing. 3 questions for you - what was the exact wording of Zuko's role, and what night actions did OneElephant have, and what would Budda have done on the night we killed him?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 3:47:51 AM
I roleblocked Johnnyboy, but was instead roleblocked by LK...
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 3:49:38 AM
I can't believe I wasnt replaced in, so not right
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 3:53:33 AM
At 9/9/2012 3:49:38 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
I can't believe I wasnt replaced in, so not right

Almost the same situation as Redwall Mafia, and I already stated my opinion on that, so no point even rehashing that and getting even more frustrated.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:28:05 AM
At 9/9/2012 3:19:09 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Jordan, great to play in a theme I know, and some interesting points about this game; a unique way of balancing. 3 questions for you - what was the exact wording of Zuko's role, and what night actions did OneElephant have, and what would Budda have done on the night we killed him?

Zuko's Role: Zuko: You are the hated son of the Fire Nation. The Town also hates you when you choose to help them cause of your past. Thus you are the HATED TOWNIE. It takes one less vote to kill you. You win with the town.

OneElephant's Actions: Night 1 Cop OreEle but blocked
Night 2 Cop Ishall
Night 3 Cop Royal
Night 4 Cop Logic but died

Budda was going to roleblock Johnny
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 10:14:29 AM
At 9/9/2012 9:28:05 AM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/9/2012 3:19:09 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

Zuko's Role: Zuko: You are the hated son of the Fire Nation. The Town also hates you when you choose to help them cause of your past. Thus you are the HATED TOWNIE. It takes one less vote to kill you. You win with the town.

OneElephant's Actions: Night 1 Cop OreEle but blocked
Night 2 Cop Ishall
Night 3 Cop Royal
Night 4 Cop Logic but died

Budda was going to roleblock Johnny

Bollocks.
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 10:29:40 AM
At 9/9/2012 3:47:51 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
I roleblocked Johnnyboy, but was instead roleblocked by LK...

You got roleblocked by Logic
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 10:46:28 AM
I didnt find the win as impressive at most. Leading a bunch of inactives is like scoring a touchdown in madden on a 6 year old. Not very challenging, and offers no competition.

Oh well, just my personal opinion
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 4:15:08 PM
At 9/9/2012 10:46:28 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
I didnt find the win as impressive at most. Leading a bunch of inactives is like scoring a touchdown in madden on a 6 year old. Not very challenging, and offers no competition.

Oh well, just my personal opinion

I was amazed at how easy it was. It was like 'thus sayeth Logic, thus we do' . Pathetic.

However, had even one reasonably well playing townie been alive it would have been lights out. OneElephant should have caught us. Heck, you were basically the only real threat this entire game Budda, besides OreEle and maybe Social. The fact is, character claims had us dead, and if OneElephant had outed his results we would have had no mislynch targets.

I agree it wasn't an amazing win. Still, we were practically dead after F-16's death and we won, despite having some supposedly decent players left.

One final question - what did Budda do NP 1?
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 4:15:53 PM
"...despite having some supposedly decent players left..." refers to those left in the town, not the Mafia.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 4:16:00 PM
Waived
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 4:18:33 PM
At 9/9/2012 4:16:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Waived

Waived? I would have used the character cop on the Yue claim. Small mistake in the grand scheme of things though.

It would have been frustrating to have been town this game. I know I wanted to lead so many times as Mafia, but had to check my words.
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 7:01:42 PM
At 9/9/2012 4:18:33 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Waived

Waived? I would have used the character cop on the Yue claim. Small mistake in the grand scheme of things though.

It would have been frustrating to have been town this game. I know I wanted to lead so many times as Mafia, but had to check my words.

It's a one shot character cop, I believe.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 7:28:23 PM
At 9/9/2012 4:18:33 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Waived

It was one-shot. Plus I figured out the Princess Yue claim was legit right away. Why check something that I already have figured out thru regular deduction.

-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion