Jump to topic:

Dead players/players not in game

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:09:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
After you are dead, did you ever get the feeling that "Damn! I knew it was Logic! (or whoever else scum is)"? Yes, I am talking to you Budda and FT.

Have you read through a game and thought "BlackVoid (or whoever else) is totally scum! Wish I were playing!"

Have you been janitored and wished to share your thoughts about a game?

Enter the "green room." On mafiascum, dead players have an external forum where they can chat about games. The forum is open to all but the link will of course only be given to players that are dead.

So, deadees and anyone who isn't in the game can post in here and share their views about the game. Of course, this means that they can't replace into the game. Therefore, it is only applicable when they aren't interested in replacing in or can't because everyone is active.

Here is a sample link to the forum they use on mafiascum: http://www.quicktopic.com...

We could try it out for our games. The mod needs to create an account. It takes about 4 lines (your screenname, email, password, confirm password) and you are in. You can create a topic and send the link to the deadees and anyone else who wants to discuss the game and everyone will be free to take guesses on who they think is scum.

At the endgame it will all be revealed and of course, there will be no "I knew you were scum. Your posts are there for all to see.

You don't need an account to post. You can just type your DDO screenname to indicate it is you and post to your heart's content.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:19:43 PM
Haha, that sounds awesome. I'd definitely prefer that to being replaced. I hate when I'm replaced on the opposite affiliation I started with.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:21:49 PM
At 9/9/2012 9:09:30 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
After you are dead, did you ever get the feeling that "Damn! I knew it was Logic! (or whoever else scum is)"? Yes, I am talking to you Budda and FT.

Have you read through a game and thought "BlackVoid (or whoever else) is totally scum! Wish I were playing!"

Have you been janitored and wished to share your thoughts about a game?

Enter the "green room." On mafiascum, dead players have an external forum where they can chat about games. The forum is open to all but the link will of course only be given to players that are dead.

So, deadees and anyone who isn't in the game can post in here and share their views about the game. Of course, this means that they can't replace into the game. Therefore, it is only applicable when they aren't interested in replacing in or can't because everyone is active.

Here is a sample link to the forum they use on mafiascum: http://www.quicktopic.com...

We could try it out for our games. The mod needs to create an account. It takes about 4 lines (your screenname, email, password, confirm password) and you are in. You can create a topic and send the link to the deadees and anyone else who wants to discuss the game and everyone will be free to take guesses on who they think is scum.

At the endgame it will all be revealed and of course, there will be no "I knew you were scum. Your posts are there for all to see.

You don't need an account to post. You can just type your DDO screenname to indicate it is you and post to your heart's content.

I love this idea. Mods could PM the password to the room, or the link to the room. I would love some of these Graveyard Chats.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:22:18 PM
That sounds good. Of course Airmax would need to approve of the multi(s) since it does kinda go against TOS. But if we just made one Mafia greenroom account and everyone had the password to it, then it would be fairly simple. If not that, then it would probably come down to everyone eventually having their own greenroom multi.

Also, concealing the greenroom from players in the game would also need to be a concern. I understand putting people on the honor system, but every now and then someone is gonna be tempted to look. I have a few ideas as to how to keep the greenroom concealed, but for the most part it just depends on if we trust everyone not to go scavenger hunting for it.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:24:23 PM
At 9/9/2012 9:22:18 PM, Zaradi wrote:
That sounds good. Of course Airmax would need to approve of the multi(s) since it does kinda go against TOS. But if we just made one Mafia greenroom account and everyone had the password to it, then it would be fairly simple. If not that, then it would probably come down to everyone eventually having their own greenroom multi.

Also, concealing the greenroom from players in the game would also need to be a concern. I understand putting people on the honor system, but every now and then someone is gonna be tempted to look. I have a few ideas as to how to keep the greenroom concealed, but for the most part it just depends on if we trust everyone not to go scavenger hunting for it.

It's a different website for one, and each game could have it's own greenroom couldn't it?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:28:06 PM
There is no "password" to the room.

It is open but nobody knows the link unless the creator sends it to them.

The mod creates an account and creates a green room for his game (and title it say "Battlestar Galactica Greenroom" for instance and as each player dies, they can express a preference to either have the link PM'd to them or hold out on the chance that they may be replaced back in. If it is MYLO/LYLO or one day short of MYLO, and everyone is active, it is pretty much a given that they won't be replaced back in so at that point, they can simply ask the mod for the link.

You don't need multiaccounts to access the greenroom. You can simply type in your DDO username and post. somewhat like the example I showed above.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 1:38:02 AM
At 9/9/2012 9:24:23 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 9/9/2012 9:22:18 PM, Zaradi wrote:

It's a different website for one, and each game could have it's own greenroom couldn't it?

Ah, I didn't realize that it was a different site entirely. What site would we be using?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 1:39:24 AM
This idea may have merit, although often players jump at the heel to come back in. Having a green room needs to not too heavily reduce the interest in being a replacement, lest inactivity creep in. Nevertheless, the idea has merits, and I'd be in support of it.

I would like to see the graveyard PMs where everybody in the graveyard has figured it out, yet the town blindly follows an influential Mafioso. An amusing thought.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 1:42:05 AM
My concern is that mafia is dying as is on DDO. Adding a greenroom only means that our limited supply of replacements will get smaller. It's one thing if a mason dies while targeting a mafioso or somebody is janitored, but once a normally qualified replacement joins the greenroom he can no longer fill vacancies in the game.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:15:33 AM
At 9/10/2012 1:42:05 AM, Mestari wrote:
My concern is that mafia is dying as is on DDO. Adding a greenroom only means that our limited supply of replacements will get smaller. It's one thing if a mason dies while targeting a mafioso or somebody is janitored, but once a normally qualified replacement joins the greenroom he can no longer fill vacancies in the game.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227