Total Posts:101|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Philosophers mafia Dp1

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 9:40:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. F-84847337373773
2. Fourtrouble
3. Zaradi
4. Royal
5. Koopin
6. Buddamoose
7. SportsGuru
8. Lk
9.Maxx
10. Ishallannoymyself
11. Johnnyboy
12. Dninja
13(Chamberlain Number). Daytonanerd

It takes 7 votes to lynch.

Standard rules apply. No C/Ping roles, no outside PM's not started by me, etc. etc.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 10:21:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
VTL Sportsguru for a character claim
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 10:35:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 10:32:08 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
VTL DNINJA

inactive and/or lurking.

Why are you splitting the vote?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Zaradi
Posts: 14,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 10:38:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Negative utility claiming that miller early. Withholding character claim to possibly CC someone.

I win with the town.

Inb4 FT doesn't believe me (as usual)
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 10:41:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 10:35:18 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 9/15/2012 10:32:08 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
VTL DNINJA

inactive and/or lurking.

Why are you splitting the vote?

I already explained my vote. Why are you cluttering up the DP with questions that have already been answered?
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 10:43:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 10:41:38 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 9/15/2012 10:35:18 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 9/15/2012 10:32:08 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
VTL DNINJA

inactive and/or lurking.

Why are you splitting the vote?

I already explained my vote. Why are you cluttering up the DP with questions that have already been answered?

It doesnt matter that you gave reason for your vote, that doesnt answer why you are splitting the vote. You call people out for this as being a scummy act, so why you are deciding to do it, needs to be answered.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 10:51:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 10:45:53 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
@Budda

I provided a reason for my vote. I'm not sure what else you're asking, but it seems like a bunch of fluff to me.

I'll repeat again, you FOS people for vote splitting consistently. So why are you deciding to do something that you yourself call scummy? Calling it fluff doesnt actually make it fluff FT, unless you are admitting to spamming DP's with fluff yourself, using reasons such as this for FOS's.

Now answer the question and stop acting ignorant. I'm not asking why you voted for DetectableNinja specifcally, I'm adking why you decided to split the vote, rather than simply request DNinja's claim after SportsGuru claims.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 10:57:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What I also dont understand, is out of a the people here, you dont even focus on the most inactive players. DNinja is inactive yes, but not as much as Ishallannoyo. DNinja also posts relatively useful anlysis, at least he has in the games I've played in with him.

So in terms of the inactive rule, you arent actually properly following it, as you arent pressuring the most inactive person in this game...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:05:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
DNinja wrote "Aye aye captain" in the Announcement PM, but did not post in the DP. He is actively promoting inactivity and/or lurking.

I split the vote because I had a reason to vote for DNinja.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:15:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:08:22 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I don't understand why ishall and LK wanted to be replaced in my game, yet they go and sign up for another game.

Really? Thats stupid
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:26:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:05:40 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
DNinja wrote "Aye aye captain" in the Announcement PM, but did not post in the DP. He is actively promoting inactivity and/or lurking.

Actively promoting lurking? Fourtrouble, he has been offline since he posted in the announcements thread. Thats actively promoting lurking?bActively promoting lurking was TV in Action Movies Mafia with his, "lurking for the win." However, presently, this is just suspicious behavior, not anything substantive enough to merit a claim, but enough to make a not to reference later in mah notebook I suppose.

I split the vote because I had a reason to vote for DNinja.

Thats not a reason to split the vote tho... For example I have reason to vote for Ishallannoyo right now, but that doesnt mean I will immediately, because if I do that remove pressure from SportsGuru, making it less likely he will claim.

I just find it oddly strange that you just commited behavior that you have FoS'd others for as scummy in previous games. As a player, would it not make sense that when town, one would try to avoid commiting tellls that they consider scummy?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:30:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:26:29 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:05:40 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
DNinja wrote "Aye aye captain" in the Announcement PM, but did not post in the DP. He is actively promoting inactivity and/or lurking.

Actively promoting lurking? Fourtrouble, he has been offline since he posted in the announcements thread. Thats actively promoting lurking?Actively promoting lurking was TV in Action Movies Mafia with his, "lurking for the win." However, presently, this is just suspicious behavior, not anything substantive enough to merit a claim, but enough to make a not to reference later in mah notebook I suppose.

To clarify the bold was meant in reference to your behavior not DNinja's. I ultimately dont care whether or not dninja claims, as there isnt even anything present to get a read on

I split the vote because I had a reason to vote for DNinja.

Thats not a reason to split the vote tho... For example I have reason to vote for Ishallannoyo right now, but that doesnt mean I will immediately, because if I do that remove pressure from SportsGuru, making it less likely he will claim.

I just find it oddly strange that you just commited behavior that you have FoS'd others for as scummy in previous games. As a player, would it not make sense that when town, one would try to avoid commiting tellls that they consider scummy?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:55:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not going to vote right now.

However, I will say to FourTrouble that I did have to leave as soon as I posted in the message. I do have some shambles of a life, after all. And I didn't want to randomly vote because that's not my style--I don't like randomly voting. There wasn't much point to posting.

That being said, a vote split is suspicious, especially when it's done for a super half-@ssed reason like accusing me of inactivity when the game literally just started and no one posted. I'll be keeping my eye on FT.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 12:05:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:08:22 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I don't understand why ishall and LK wanted to be replaced in my game, yet they go and sign up for another game.

That's because some idiots like to make DP 1 400 posts long.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 12:09:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol. Attempting to call someone out on the fourth player post of the first DP as inactive is just plain stupid and disingenuous. Budda is right in the sense that FT FOSed people for doing this in his previous games (which speaks volumes about... stuff...) so FT's vote is pure hypocrisy.

VTL Sportsguru
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 12:54:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
VTL Budda

I think he is scum. FT's vote was at least semi-random i.e. I think he picked DNinja because he is generally inactive. Quite easy to understand. Budda makes a huge deal about how FT is splitting the vote and tries to discredit FT and argue with him just for the sake of arguing. Seems like a setup to discredit FT's later reads as well (Oh, he is FT, he always has poor suspicions, etc).

None of his arguments makes sense. FT spiltting the vote isn't a crime. We could have gotten Sports's claim and DNinja's claim but hearing DNinja's response, I'd much rather get Budda's claim.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 1:10:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Vote Count

Sportsguru- 4/7- Royal, Budda, Daytona, Lk

DNinja- 1/7- Ft

Budda- 1/7- F-69493
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 2:22:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think we have enough votes on SportsGuru. I don't want an accidental lynch on DP1 if he was a hated townie or Mafia just pins on with 3 votes.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 3:04:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Btw the Dp will end Tuesday at 11 am Eastern time at the latest i.e., if there hasn't been a lynch or VTNL by then.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 3:31:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 12:54:14 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
VTL Budda

I think he is scum. FT's vote was at least semi-random i.e. I think he picked DNinja because he is generally inactive. Quite easy to understand. Budda makes a huge deal about how FT is splitting the vote and tries to discredit FT and argue with him just for the sake of arguing. Seems like a setup to discredit FT's later reads as well (Oh, he is FT, he always has poor suspicions, etc).

Wait wait wait, so Fourtroubles FOS and want for Dninjas claim was valid? Then why make this comment Royal?

"Really, FT? The game literally just started."

This would seem so suggest that you think it makes little sense that Fourtrouble would be singling out DNinja for lurking when the game just started. Yet now suddenly its easy to understand?

None of his arguments makes sense. FT spiltting the vote isn't a crime. We could have gotten Sports's claim and DNinja's claim but hearing DNinja's response, I'd much rather get Budda's claim.

I didnt say vote splitting was a crime, and wasnt trying to make it seem like one. The point I was making, one you would have gotten if you actually read what I posted, was that Fourtrouble has FOS'd people for vote-splitting in games before, yet here he is, doing it in this game.

Ergo, its hypocritical of him to FOS people for it as scummy, when he just did it himself. So what about that doesnt make sense Royal?

In fact, please actually explain what doesnt make sense. I genuinely want to know, because you have a tendency in games, to make statements, such as, "the arguments make no sense," without actually properly explaining why. So lets hear it Royal, what about my arguments dont make sense?

Is it the hypocrisy?
Is it that DetectableNinja isnt the most chronically inactive person in this game, and thus it doesnt make sense to demand his claim because of "inactivity."
Is it that the game just started and that Fourtrouble was demanding a claim for lurking?

Tell me Royal, what is it exactly? Are you actually going to make an effort in this game, or are you just going to continue making statements without actually supporting them? Cause thats not how this game works Royal, nobody is going to lick your feet and take your word as gospel, you actually need to prove what you are saying.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 3:31:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 10:22:39 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
VTL SportsGuru for never having heard of you before, therefore, wanting your character claim

At 9/15/2012 10:09:02 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
VTL SportsGuru for n00b pressure.

Just to get preliminary info out there, I am not a mafia noob, though admittedly I have not been on debate.org for a couple of years. I recognize a users on the forums who were around back then, it seems there are a bunch of new faces playing mafia. While its great to have new players, it seems a good portion of the players that played back then like theLwerd, LM and Vi have moved on.

My character is Aristotle for those who request the claim. Now, would you mind not voting to lynch me?
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 3:32:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Nvm, sub Royals name out for F-16's in my last post.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 3:34:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 3:31:08 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 9/15/2012 12:54:14 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
VTL Budda

I think he is scum. FT's vote was at least semi-random i.e. I think he picked DNinja because he is generally inactive. Quite easy to understand. Budda makes a huge deal about how FT is splitting the vote and tries to discredit FT and argue with him just for the sake of arguing. Seems like a setup to discredit FT's later reads as well (Oh, he is FT, he always has poor suspicions, etc).


None of his arguments makes sense. FT spiltting the vote isn't a crime. We could have gotten Sports's claim and DNinja's claim but hearing DNinja's response, I'd much rather get Budda's claim.

I didnt say vote splitting was a crime, and wasnt trying to make it seem like one. The point I was making, one you would have gotten if you actually read what I posted, was that Fourtrouble has FOS'd people for vote-splitting in games before, yet here he is, doing it in this game.

Ergo, its hypocritical of him to FOS people for it as scummy, when he just did it himself. So what about that doesnt make sense F-16?

In fact, please actually explain what doesnt make sense. I genuinely want to know, because you have a tendency in games, to make statements, such as, "the arguments make no sense," without actually properly explaining why. So lets hear it F-16, what about my arguments dont make sense?

Is it the hypocrisy?
Is it that DetectableNinja isnt the most chronically inactive person in this game, and thus it doesnt make sense to demand his claim because of "inactivity."
Is it that the game just started and that Fourtrouble was demanding a claim for lurking?

Tell me F-16, what is it exactly? Are you actually going to make an effort in this game, or are you just going to continue making statements without actually supporting them? Cause thats not how this game works F-16, nobody is going to lick your feet and take your word as gospel, you actually need to prove what you are saying.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 3:35:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I apologize in advance that this isn't going to be super quality analysis, I'm just making sure that I don't fall victim to my own proposal for dealing with inactivity and I'm not going to be able to really get any real play time in until the wee hours of the morning probably because the wife and I are off duty for work and will probably be busy until she falls asleep at some point late tonight ;)

Anywho - I don't see FTs behavior as out of the norm for him. As far as I've observed ( which granted is not much) he tends to go flailing wildly right out of the gates, conjuring up discussion that can be analyzed if he's town, or conjuring up overload if he's mafia I suppose. Either way though I think it's normal lol

Buddas response is exactly what FT was aiming for probably. Of the two of them id say Budda is more suspicious because I feel FT was obviously doing what FT does, but even so it was a prime opportunity to point suspicion on him (which is justified too)... So if I had to vote for one of them it'd be Budda, but luckily I don't... Neither of them are inactive and that's where my vote goes this dp while we continue to flail wildly and conjure discussion from each other :)

I'll go ahead and support FT in voting dninja because as has been pointed out there's enough pressure on guru for now (unless he strolls through and doesn't claim) and there's no reason to divide the vote further (I may or may not be able to come online to update if need be), and because dninja strolled through and didn't claim or even attempt to justify not claiming.

VTL dninja for claim