Total Posts:141|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Philosophers Mafia Dp4

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 12:25:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
==Living Players==

1. F-17
2. Zaradi
3. Koopin
4. Buddamoose
5. MiG (replaced Lk)
6. Maxx
7. Fourtrouble2 (replaced Ishall)
8. Johnnyboy

===Dead Players===

1. Daytona- ____- ____
2. Fourtrouble- Ludwig Wittgenstein- LD- town
3. Daytona (2)- Descartes- Gf + 1x nin/jan- mafia

Dninja- You are Thales. Even though you're regarded as one of the first philosophers, no layman has ever heard of you owing chiefly to your status as one of the Pre-Socratics (philosophers who lived before Socrates). You have had little influence on subsequent philosophy and so you are the vanilla. You have no role action. You win with the town.

SG- You are Aristotle. You have had huge influence on philosophical thought in all areas, though perhaps most in logic, ethics, and science. You are the investigative JOAT. You have three 1x investigative abilities. You may investigate the end someone was designed for (role cop), use deductive logic to determine someone's affiliation (cop), and use your observational skills as a scientist to see who visits someone at night. You win with the town.

===
5 votes to lynch
===
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 1:12:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Its an inno. And we are at MYLO most likely(5 V 3) so right now its:

Inno's on you and Johnny
If we take me as clear as well that means it is down to:

- Zaradi
- Koopin
- MIG
- Fourtroube
- Maxx

We have 3/5 odds of lynching scum if it is MYLO.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 1:47:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why check Johnny as opposed to more scummy players like MIG or Maxx?

Anyways, MIG has been completely inactive but Maxx is at least trying so I am going to go ahead and VTL MIG.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 1:52:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm gonna bounce ideas off people because I have a suspicion but I want people's feedback to make sure I'm not crazy. As for the specifics, I'll keep my cards close.

I know it was brought up before a few times jokingly, but in all seriousness, what are the chances of a godfather?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 2:16:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/23/2012 1:52:02 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm gonna bounce ideas off people because I have a suspicion but I want people's feedback to make sure I'm not crazy. As for the specifics, I'll keep my cards close.

I know it was brought up before a few times jokingly, but in all seriousness, what are the chances of a godfather?

Royal/Daytona was GF. You suspect me or Johnny? In normal circumstances, I wouldn't consider either of us confirmed but in this case, the GF is dead. I believe Johnny is town because of that.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 2:28:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
F-16 I checked Johnny precisely because he has flown under the radar this whole time. Maxx and MIG have been getting FOS'd, so I wanted to check Johnny, who again hasnt really been FOS'd at all. Usually in games theres one mafia who flies under the radar almost the whole game, and I wanted to be sure this wasnt the case.

Anyways, I find two godfathers extremely unlikely, a GF and a lawyer I is a distinct possibility, however the OP'ness of a GF and lawyer is rediculous. Essentially two mafia will be innocent at all times, and that just means investigative results are useless. Something I dont think Spinko would do, as he has already made it clear his belief is that results/claims are essential in determining scum. Behavior is just a starting point. Because of this, I dont believe there is a lawyer as well as a GF on mafia side
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 2:34:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was RB'd during the night :\

I had Budda marked as confirmed based on the only other investigative role being a 2x LD. I'm not sure how I feel at the moment with Guru's role being an investigative JOAT. On one hand a 2xLD + an investigative JOAT + a cop seems a bit over powered... but on the other hand if Budda weren't legit then supposedly all we have is a 2xLD + an investigative JOAT, which seems a bit under powered. What are thoughts on this, because if Budda is in fact confirmed that's invaluable at the moment. If he's not, that makes things tricky

Does anyone have any useful results to mention - preferably just things that might help us confirm each other/ourselves? As we stand right now I don't know that a single one of us is actually confirmed - bad news if it's mylo, we may have to get pretty creative in our analysis. If we can agree that Budda's role doesn't overpower things though then that goes a long way in confirming others right now as it means that F16 and Johnny are also confirmed.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 2:45:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If maxx was RB'd why has nobody else been RB'd then?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 2:57:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm going to go ahead and claim my full role now. I realize if wait until I am pressured it will seem extremely suspicious. Plus the mafia would push really hard to lynch me.

Basically, if I am lynched (not killed) the town loses an entire day phase.

inb4 vtl Koopin!
kfc
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 2:58:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/23/2012 2:57:31 PM, Koopin wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and claim my full role now. I realize if wait until I am pressured it will seem extremely suspicious. Plus the mafia would push really hard to lynch me.

Basically, if I am lynched (not killed) the town loses an entire day phase.

inb4 vtl Koopin!

So you can be vig'd, and town will not lose a day phase?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 3:22:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/23/2012 2:58:42 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 9/23/2012 2:57:31 PM, Koopin wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and claim my full role now. I realize if wait until I am pressured it will seem extremely suspicious. Plus the mafia would push really hard to lynch me.

Basically, if I am lynched (not killed) the town loses an entire day phase.

inb4 vtl Koopin!

So you can be vig'd, and town will not lose a day phase?

Yep, anything but lynched.
kfc
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 3:47:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/23/2012 2:58:32 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Maxx, I think you should claim. It really is about time now.

I'd still like to try to wait one more day if possible. I was planning on making it clear today but that didn't work out and I'd like another chance. Unless you have some specific reason? As far as I can tell my role does nothing to confirm or CC anyone based on balance at this point, and outing it doesn't give any advantage I can think of. If it's a popular idea for me to claim though I will.

I notice that you and Budda have neglected comment on my question of budda's legitimacy based on investigative balance - would you care to state your thoughts?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 3:54:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@ Maxx, I am not sure about Budda. 2X LD + investigative JOAT + cop does seem a bit overpowered. I did have some suspicions that the real cop was janitored but then it would still mean that one existed in the first place. Usually, most mafia games have cops and I've only seen 1 which didn't. I don't think a pro-town mod like SocialPinko would not include a cop and tell the mafia that there isn't one.

On the issue of you claiming, well let's see if town wants your claim. I gave my opinion. We'll see if enough people push for it. I am more concerned about MIG though. MIG has been completely inactive and I am keeping my vote on him until he posts or is replaced.

And Zaradi, Budda, Koopin, and Maxx, it would help to pressure someone so we can get this game moving. MIG definitely seems suspicious at the moment.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 3:57:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Actually, unvote. I don't know how I didn't realize this yet but if there were 4 mafia, they could hammer for a win. I don't think there are 4 mafia in a 13 player game - that is way too much but let's be cautious.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 4:01:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dead

1) Daytona (1) - _____________ - _________________ - __________
2) Daytona (2)/Royal - Descartes - Godfather + 1X Ninja/Janitor - MAFIA
3) Fourtrouble(1) - Ludwig Wittgenstein - 2X Lie Detector - TOWN
4) Sports - Aristotle - Investigative JOAT (Rolecop, cop, watcher) - TOWN
5) DetectableNinja - Thales - Vanilla - TOWN

Role Claims

1) Budda - John Locke - Cop
2) Zaradi - Karl Marx - Miller
3) Koopin - Socrates - Beloved Princess

Character Claims

3) FT(2) /Ishall - Epicurus
4) MIG /LK - Diogenes
5) F-16 - Jeremy Bentham
6) Johnny - David Hume
7) Maxx - Peter Singer

Results:

1) FT(1)
NP1: ?????

2) Budda
NP1: Innocent on F-16
NP2: Checked Daytona (innocent - GF)
NP3: Innocent on Johnny

3) SportsGuru
NP1: Role-copped FT1? as a 2X LD.
NP2: (Roleblocked)

4) Maxx
NP1: ?????
NP2: ?????
NP3: Roleblocked
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 4:27:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hmm, quite the predicament here. If we fear mafia hammering then we can't put real pressure on people. You're proposing we keep all pressure at only a single vote until we decide what we're doing? I guess that'll work as long as we're really clear about our pseudo-pressure...

So if Budda probably wasn't given a fake cop claim, and janitoring the real cop would still have required that there WAS a real cop in DP1 despite a bit of overpowering... Can we then safely assume that Budda is legit? Looking back it was a little weird how he soft claimed cop at first, kinda seems like he was trying to buy off your confidence by offering confirmation. But with the above assumptions that's all I've got to go on at this point before just assuming that all three of you are confirmed.

As far as pressure... I suppose MiG and FT2 are the only ones without any claim at all really. Both have been fairly distant, which leads me to automatic suspicion. I'll go ahead and pressure FT I suppose since you've already got pressure aimed at MiG

VTL FT for claim
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 4:32:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay I am somewhat lost right now. I see Budda got an inno on me. While I understand my inactivity may have been suspicious, I think there were better targets for investigation.

Budda seems likely town, however the fact that sportsguru flipped investigative JOAT has rose my suspicions somewhat. We also had a 2X LD.

We are likely at MYLO, so everyone should roleclaim.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 4:42:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/23/2012 4:33:24 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Has anyone claimed vig, or a role with vig powers?

Not yet, we just know there's one out there. Presumably that's how Daytona(2) died after FT(1) was mislynched. It was pretty obvious he was scum, whoever the vig is just went ahead and took care of it.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 4:45:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, I've got something. If we take FT's and MIG's claims to be legitimate, then to me, one cannot be town while the other is mafia.

Epicureanism(Epicurus) and Cynicism(Diogenes) are two distinct philosophical views on morality and how one should live their life. Conversely, if MIg is town this means Koopin is likely town(being that Cynicism is a philosophy most influenced by Socrates).

Any thoughts?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 4:46:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Correction, FT and MIG cannot both be town given their character claims.

FT and MIG should role-claim.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 4:49:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
As for the balance of roles:

With a godfather, an Ld counters this perfectly. However having a full-time cop and full-time LD is OP, a 2-shot Ld with a cop isnt. Even throwing in sportsguru's Investigative JOAt, there still isnt a balance issue(as we dont know all the roles mafia has) or even any potential flavors
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 4:52:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And as for the suspicions as to why I investigated Johnnyboy. I'm sorry, I didnt realize that investigating inactives was a crime? To me, it still produced an innocent result that helps u narrow down the odds in towns favor, so what exactly is the problem here?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 5:01:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/23/2012 4:52:32 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
And as for the suspicions as to why I investigated Johnnyboy. I'm sorry, I didnt realize that investigating inactives was a crime? To me, it still produced an innocent result that helps u narrow down the odds in towns favor, so what exactly is the problem here?

I understand the reasoning, but I thought Koopin was a better choice because he didn't fall into the theory of what characters are town and mafia.

Regardless, I don't care that much, I was just saying I thought there were better choices out there.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 6:23:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Vote Count

Ft- 1/5- Maxx
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.