Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Spinko's Quickfire mafia

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 6:46:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
===Living players===

1. F-939
2. Johnny
3. MiG

It takes two votes to lynch.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 6:48:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, what should we do first??
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 6:54:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 6:48:32 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well, what should we do first??

I suppose we debate on who we think is mafia. However it's kinda hard to do because we don't really have any information we can gather.

So we wait for F-16 to post and see what he thinks.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 6:59:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And none of us have any true functions for advantages; we're all neutered for now, with only reasoning and deduction our best tools as of the moment.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:04:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:04:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
MIG is totally scum.

Based on....?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:07:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Based on your posts so far: Your first post is "what should we do first?" Scum often want town to lead them in some direction. You are waiting for Johnny and I to make a move and are trying your best to appear unbiased and neutral.

You also provide information instead of analysis - a common scumtell "And none of us have any true functions for advantages; we're all neutered for now, with only reasoning and deduction our best tools as of the moment."

The above statement does not help you find scum in any way. It is simply fluff designed to make you seem active, and helpful. Town aren't concerned with seeming active or helpful, they just want to find the scum.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:09:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:07:52 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Based on your posts so far: Your first post is "what should we do first?" Scum often want town to lead them in some direction. You are waiting for Johnny and I to make a move and are trying your best to appear unbiased and neutral.

You also provide information instead of analysis - a common scumtell "And none of us have any true functions for advantages; we're all neutered for now, with only reasoning and deduction our best tools as of the moment."

The above statement does not help you find scum in any way. It is simply fluff designed to make you seem active, and helpful. Town aren't concerned with seeming active or helpful, they just want to find the scum.

I see. I suppose I am scum for wondering what to do and ironically became the first target of an accusation, lol....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:10:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The comment I wrote was not information, it was an observation. I am unsure if I provided anything other than what we were taken, and it was meant as an expression of the current status--on what to do since we have nothing else to look to as an avenue/ out of interest.

That's all.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:13:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And just to ask F-16, what analysis do you think I could have given instead of expressing the apparent difficulty of at least gaining momentum?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:16:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Minimizing is another tell often exhibited by liars. Often criminals try to minimize the severity of the crime and present it in less serious terms because it is something they are personally involved in. You did not respond to my post about why your behavior is scummy but rather tried to present it in the simplest non-analytical form - that you asked what we should do. You don't defend the implications behind it or the motivation you had to ask such a question. You merely try to dismiss it by reducing the argument to absurdity which is a logical fallacy.

In your next post, you say that the comment you wrote was an observation, yet what is the purpose of making observations such as the fact that we have no real roles? How does this "observation" bring you closer to hunting scum? How does it get reactions out of the other players which you can use to determine whether or not they are scum? You have simply stated the obvious while attempting to sound helpful doing so.

You then ask me what analysis you should give. Well, I am not going to tell you that. Perhaps you could have randomly accused one of us of being scum to see how we react?
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:17:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:13:29 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
And just to ask F-16, what analysis do you think I could have given instead of expressing the apparent difficulty of at least gaining momentum?

This is something I want to hear.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:21:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Johnny, what analysis could he have given? Anything. I don't know, he could have randomly called one of us scum and test our reactions. He could have made a long bullsh!t case against one of us to see if we flail or if we can adequate refute it while keeping our composure. Anything. Something is better than nothing. Scum want nothing. They want us to think "what do we do now," until we give up and random-vote.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:21:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:17:09 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/26/2012 7:13:29 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
And just to ask F-16, what analysis do you think I could have given instead of expressing the apparent difficulty of at least gaining momentum?

This is something I want to hear.

What??
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:26:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
F-16, reaction tests do not work if they are obviously bullsh!t. Such a reaction test from MIG would not have worked.

And you cannot call introductory posts like that fluff. This is an abnormal situation and simply starting the conversation about who is town and mafia.

Saying the scum want to the led is a hasty generalization. Many people are comfortable leading as scum. Making that generalization without taking into account MIG's behavior is not good analysis.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:26:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:21:58 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/26/2012 7:17:09 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/26/2012 7:13:29 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
And just to ask F-16, what analysis do you think I could have given instead of expressing the apparent difficulty of at least gaining momentum?

This is something I want to hear.

What??

His answer I meant.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:28:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:16:14 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Minimizing is another tell often exhibited by liars. Often criminals try to minimize the severity of the crime and present it in less serious terms because it is something they are personally involved in.
Hmm...interesting. So you are arguing that my actions obviously indicate an attempt to sway the conscious of the town and then say I am simply mimizing (by your comparison) any severity or at least pending guilt.

Is there a way for concrete facts, and not a complete scenario to "explain" my behavior, lol?
You did not respond to my post about why your behavior is scummy but rather tried to present it in the simplest non-analytical form - that you asked what we should do.
My response was intended to be a general rebuttal to that claim overall.
You don't defend the implications behind it or the motivation you had to ask such a question. You merely try to dismiss it by reducing the argument to absurdity which is a logical fallacy.
Indicating the relative absurdity of the scenario does not mean ridiculing the argument or attempting to demonstrate it false; moreover, reductions of arguments to absurdity is an attempt to verify the statement by demonstrating the false result that follows...which is something that I have not done with my statement, lol.
In your next post, you say that the comment you wrote was an observation, yet what is the purpose of making observations such as the fact that we have no real roles?
To casually note that there would be some difficulty beginning, compared to other mafia games where we do have roles and can check/perform actions on others.
How does this "observation" bring you closer to hunting scum?
Are all of my actions intended to just simply hunt scum, even in the very beginning of a day phrase???
How does it get reactions out of the other players which you can use to determine whether or not they are scum?
I am unsure if mafia is a game where our actions are entirely directed as an act of survival, lol. I didn't expect that even a few casual remarks would procure some adversity--solely because they contribute nothing.
You have simply stated the obvious while attempting to sound helpful doing so.
False. I was not trying to sound helpful but simply asking. That is equivalent to a basic recollection of our current condition, not an attempt to sound like a a constructive member of the town.
You then ask me what analysis you should give. Well, I am not going to tell you that.
Okay...gotch'ya.
Perhaps you could have randomly accused one of us of being scum to see how we react?
I suppose--is that what is happening here (lol)?

I was not aware of such a tactic, though I find it dubious that you are casting me off as scum because of my few remarks.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:31:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:26:41 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/26/2012 7:21:58 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/26/2012 7:17:09 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/26/2012 7:13:29 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
And just to ask F-16, what analysis do you think I could have given instead of expressing the apparent difficulty of at least gaining momentum?

This is something I want to hear.

What??

His answer I meant.

Oh, I see.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:32:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Are all of my actions intended to just simply hunt scum, even in the very beginning of a day phrase???"

That is always the final goal, yes.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:32:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
F-16, why have you resorted to using a general character case for scum and correlating a member's words and actions without doing too much behavioral analysis overall? I might not be the best mafia player but I find such a tactic uncharitable, especially when two statements alone (so far) form the crux of your argument....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:33:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:32:51 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
"Are all of my actions intended to just simply hunt scum, even in the very beginning of a day phrase???"

That is always the final goal, yes.

Ah, I see. I guess that's why F-16 is obsessed, lol.

I should have been careful with my words unless another fellow jumps on them to accuse me of being scum.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:34:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:33:43 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/26/2012 7:32:51 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
"Are all of my actions intended to just simply hunt scum, even in the very beginning of a day phrase???"

That is always the final goal, yes.

Ah, I see. I guess that's why F-16 is obsessed, lol.

I should have been careful with my words unless another fellow jumps on them to accuse me of being scum.

On pursuing after me, lol.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:35:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:26:23 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
F-16, reaction tests do not work if they are obviously bullsh!t. Such a reaction test from MIG would not have worked.

And you cannot call introductory posts like that fluff. This is an abnormal situation and simply starting the conversation about who is town and mafia.

Saying the scum want to the led is a hasty generalization. Many people are comfortable leading as scum. Making that generalization without taking into account MIG's behavior is not good analysis.

By that, I mean behavior MIG exhibits as both scum and town in the previous games he has played in.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:39:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My reaction test wasn't BS on the surface. It was designed to get the game moving and give us some behavioral analysis to talk about. Scum in general want to be led. This doesn't mean that all scum want to be led or that all scum can lead. MIG as scum generally shows no inclination to lead.

You say that saying that scum want to be led is hasty. Partly. I needed to make hasty generalizations in order to see how MIG and you would react to such a generalization.

As to why I made a case based on two statements, I wanted to generate discussion. If I hadn't, this discussion wouldn't be happenning.

When I made my case, I honestly had no idea which of Johnny or MIG were mafia. Johnny made similar statement as MIG. I simply picked one of you and made a case to see how you would react.

This however:

At 9/26/2012 7:32:51 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
F-16, why have you resorted to using a general character case for scum and correlating a member's words and actions without doing too much behavioral analysis overall? I might not be the best mafia player but I find such a tactic uncharitable, especially when two statements alone (so far) form the crux of your argument....

How am I supposed to do behavioral analysis without accusing people and cheking their response to pressure? Would you rather we sit around wondering what to do?
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:42:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:39:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
So you were conducting one of those random reaction tests....

This however:

At 9/26/2012 7:32:51 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
F-16, why have you resorted to using a general character case for scum and correlating a member's words and actions without doing too much behavioral analysis overall? I might not be the best mafia player but I find such a tactic uncharitable, especially when two statements alone (so far) form the crux of your argument....

How am I supposed to do behavioral analysis without accusing people and cheking their response to pressure? Would you rather we sit around wondering what to do?

That may be a start, but unfortunately, I can't see how you'd lead from that initial reaction test sir into a broader effort to identify the scum here.

But that can be due to my lack of hindsight and relative ignorance of mafia, but eh....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:52:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Based on the responses to my reaction tests, I am leaning towards Johnny as town and MIG as mafia. Not enough to vote yet of course, that will come much later - we want to be sure we hit mafia.

Here is the reasoning. Johnny's initial responses to my test was to oppose it. The case was BS. Had Johnny been mafia, I would have expected him to agree with the case. I made it seem as though I would vote MIG and I pretended that I was sure MIG is mafia. Johnny as mafia would have plenty of motivation to push on MIG at that point to get a MIG mislynch. However, his identification of the case as BS and skepticism makes me feel that he is objectively evaluating whether the case has merit.

MIG's response on the other hand seemed mafia-like. He doesn't jump into the discussion, accuse me of being mafia, or accuse Johnny. He asks me what to do so I can tell him the right answer. He then minimizes my intense accusation as ask me questions which on the surface seemed helpful but are really not.

He also prefaces his arguments with "I might not be the best mafia player" trying to subconsciously alleviate the fear in our minds and essentially saying that he is not a threat.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:52:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 7:42:26 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/26/2012 7:39:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
So you were conducting one of those random reaction tests....

This however:

At 9/26/2012 7:32:51 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
F-16, why have you resorted to using a general character case for scum and correlating a member's words and actions without doing too much behavioral analysis overall? I might not be the best mafia player but I find such a tactic uncharitable, especially when two statements alone (so far) form the crux of your argument....

How am I supposed to do behavioral analysis without accusing people and cheking their response to pressure? Would you rather we sit around wondering what to do?

That may be a start, but unfortunately, I can't see how you'd lead from that initial reaction test sir into a broader effort to identify the scum here.

Because your reaction may not have been consistent as a town reaction?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:58:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm leading towards MIG, but I would not rule out F-16. Especially since F-16 is a very good player who can lead the town as mafia.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.