Jump to topic:

Hiatus

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 11:41:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If I'm on the sign-up list for any games take me off.

Have fun and good luck
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 11:53:20 PM
At 9/30/2012 11:41:27 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
If I'm on the sign-up list for any games take me off.

Have fun and good luck

Why are you on hiatus?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 11:58:32 PM
Its not a hiatus from mafia, just mafia on this site. I figured, if what FT says is true, and I am a bad player who is incorrect an aggregious amount of times, then I shouldnt be playing. So I'll just go find a site to play and become better, then I'll be back, maybe.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 12:14:53 AM
At 9/30/2012 11:58:32 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Its not a hiatus from mafia, just mafia on this site. I figured, if what FT says is true, and I am a bad player who is incorrect an aggregious amount of times, then I shouldnt be playing. So I'll just go find a site to play and become better, then I'll be back, maybe.

Lol, thats bogus and you know it. Hell, you even said on Live that you weren't put back in Avatar because you had the scum figured out so bad.

You also give more analysis than 90% of people who play this freakin' game which in itself makes you a valuable player.

FT can have his opinion but there is not a single other player here that would want to see you leave.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 12:29:30 AM

Budda, you are a good player plain and simple. You deserve to be in my game (as to conditional acceptances though...), and have plenty of talent. While I would not venture to say you are the best player on DDO or anything of the such, your ability and activity are much appreciated. Furthermore, for the most part, you are fairly cordial. You tick all the requirements to be a desired Mafia player.

If an understanding could be reached, then perhaps this hiatus could be reconsidered.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 12:36:59 AM
BV play ur game in madden so I can play my wild card game :D
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 12:43:40 AM
The better way to improve isn't to try another site, its to continue to play here and learn from your mistakes. I was a bad townie for a good while but eventually improved. I used this method to get better, maybe you can try it out:

Each game, note the final reads you had on key players, specifically those that were wrong. Note the reasoning as to why you had that read. Then note why that read was wrong. Then don't use the reasoning you originally used again. Here's an example. You were wrong about me being town in Action TV shows. So you could do something like,

Read: BV is town
Why: I thought un-CC'd doctor was an instant confirm
Why it was wrong: There was another confirmed protector in the game (bodyguard) making Doc less likely and not an instant confirm.

You can make similar lists for behavioral reads. Assume that F-16 was mafia in a game and you incorrectly read him as town.

Read: F-16 is town
Why: He's giving lots of analysis and playing pro-town in general.
Why it was wrong: F-16 always plays pro-town regardless of affiliation.

Thats my main suggestion to improve if you want to get better, I'm sure other people could give advice too.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 2:31:31 AM
Stop being so sensitive, Budda. You are a GREAT player. We won philosophers mafia primarily due to you. Your research and analysis was spot on and you were the town leader in the game. I don't care what FT says about you - or what you say about FT - for that matter. You are both unique players with different skills that make you great. This isn't worth quitting mafia over or taking a break. If you have a style of playing someone else doesn't like, then try to figure out a way, you can still get along with them. Everyone can get along with each other if they try and make an effort (except me and Royal but that's a different story).

BlackVoid's advice is good. I never really thought of it like that before. Anyways, now that I know BV's town strategy, time to trick him next time I am mafia. As far as your town skills go, I've never really seen you make any major mistakes or cause losses for your team, although you have led town to victory a few times.

Like Logic said, you may not be a genius like bluesteel for instance, but being active, and helpful is more than enough to be a good mafia player - and you are a good player.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:00:08 AM

Please tell me you are kidding. You are a pretty good player and you know it.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 4:33:52 AM
At 10/1/2012 3:00:08 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Please tell me you are kidding. You are a pretty good player and you know it.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush