Jump to topic:

Survivors: End of Days - Day 1

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:07:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In the year 2016, a new virus was spread unto the earth. The symptoms, however, were very strange. Unlike any common cold, those infected lost all sense of civil nature. Humans derived to their primate instincts, acting like animals, feasting on the unaffected. They crawled on all fours, running at high speeds, and were immensely strong. The virus was known to come from the common house cat; main reason why so many were infected.

Two years have passed and numerous home bases have developed around the world. These bases are safe places for the unaffected. Each base has a group of scientist working to find a cure, but to no success.

You are all living on the Base: K.O.S.T., located in Albany, NY. The meaning of the acronyms has been lost. Two days ago an infected human somehow managed its way into the base and started infecting people. You have also lost communication to the other bases around you. Some of you believe that the infected got to them as well. You all need to find a cure as soon as possible or the whole world will become deceased. You can also move to another base, however you don"t know if they"re safe.

Bases in order of Proximity

Base: K.A.T.S " 30 miles
Base: L.E.A.H " 42 miles
Base: D.E.A.D " 47 miles
Local Food Base " 60 miles

Goals:

-Save a teammate (5 points)
-Move the remaining survivors to a safe base (40 points)
-Find a cure (60 points)

It is now day 1. Decisions need to be made quickly, for you are all walking among the dead.

Players in game

1. Buddamoose
2. Daytonanerd
3. MilitaryAtheist
4. THEBOMB
5. Koopin
6. Viper-king
7. Stephen_Hawkins
8. Ishall
9. Johnnyboy54
10. Zaradi
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:10:37 PM
Map of Base: http://www.debate.org...

You are all in the base center.

The housing units is the most infected are of the camp and you are bound to run into issues there. The maintenance center and gym has unknown infected people. The base center is also infected but very little are infected.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:18:48 PM
Oh sheezy, I'm the one who knows how to cure dat disease. Only catch? The ingredients for the cure are at the Local Food Base, the furthest base away...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:26:17 PM
So we need to protect Budda at all costs. And guys, don't be afraid of killing the infected. We all need to make a promise, that after one of us are infected we have to be restrained. And if we completely turn, we have to be killed.
kfc
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:26:55 PM
I just have to ask, if I've known how to cure the disease, then why havent I yet? Why wait until the zombies infest our safe haven to finally go, "Hey gaiz, i haz the cure!!"
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:28:06 PM
Can we have a map of the bases with locii on each vicinity? To take an example, if we moved to the base that's 30 miles away, how far away would we be from the food base: 30 miles or 90 miles?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:29:39 PM
At 10/1/2012 1:26:55 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
I just have to ask, if I've known how to cure the disease, then why havent I yet? Why wait until the zombies infest our safe haven to finally go, "Hey gaiz, i haz the cure!!"

Cos you're a douche, like the German Guy in that film with a plane in it.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:31:47 PM
Also, I know saying this will probably throw us all into pointless bickering sooner or later, but be on the look out for one of us being a bad guy like in my game.

Do we have any weapons?
kfc
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:33:36 PM
At 10/1/2012 1:31:47 PM, Koopin wrote:
Also, I know saying this will probably throw us all into pointless bickering sooner or later, but be on the look out for one of us being a bad guy like in my game.

Do we have any weapons?

I would assume the weapons would be located at base center. Most of the food will be in housing. We need to get to base center, collect weapons, then clear out the housing are so we have food for out journey
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:34:23 PM
Oh we're at base center... WHEREZ TEH GUnZ?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:35:27 PM
Okay, if Budda can cure the disease and needs to get to the food base, Budda just became mission critical. If there are those who know how to protect and are good at fighting, they need to be protecting Budda because without him then there goes a good chance at actually curing the disease.

Frankly, the best chance we have is to get away from a highly populated area and get on the road as quickly as possible. More people means more infected means more zombies means more likely to die. Out on the road, we'll be able to a) scavenge more quickly and b) avoid more zombies.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:44:16 PM
On the road, I imagine there will be more zombies just because they can group up a lot easier with loud noises, and leaving will be hell as well. I hope we can firstly get weaponry, then get a mission plan set up to prepare a move to the bases. I think we should set up in D.E.A.D or L.E.A.H, whichever is closer to the Food Depo, and then start creating scavenging routes to search the area and produce wood and iron and similar to make more tools, walls, and traps to defeat zombies without having to resort to frankly expensive bullets that are hard to produce.

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:46:54 PM
The first thing we need to figure out is how to kill them. I don't want to be face to face with one of them and not know what to do.
kfc
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:55:54 PM
At 10/1/2012 1:46:54 PM, Koopin wrote:
The first thing we need to figure out is how to kill them. I don't want to be face to face with one of them and not know what to do.

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:02:04 PM
My plan:

We start out scavenging the Command Building or whatever we're currently in right now for supplies: food, weapons, shelter, medical supplies, anything like that that might be laying around. If we still aren't adequately armed, we then moved to the maintenance building and clear that and scavenge from there. After that, I suggest we move from K.O.S.T down toward the road to the south, only diverging to the east to stop at Golden Lake and then go South-East toward K.A.T.S. We can observe the situation there, and either go in and scavenge for supplies or move on and then head toward the food base.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:11:26 PM
The forest will be a good source of wildlife i.e. food, and wood to construct barriers if needed, and general apparatus. K.A.T.S also seems the best place, simply due to its location. If we get organised, then, and start scavenging our base then eventually the lake, I think we'll be off to a good start

*looks around local area; picks up key items*

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:15:04 PM
At 10/1/2012 3:11:26 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
The forest will be a good source of wildlife i.e. food, and wood to construct barriers if needed, and general apparatus. K.A.T.S also seems the best place, simply due to its location. If we get organised, then, and start scavenging our base then eventually the lake, I think we'll be off to a good start

*looks around local area; picks up key items*

I'm iffy about the forest. While it is a good place to find game and timber for construction purposes, there's also the problem of us turning into prey for wild predators and a good place to get ambushed by zombies and butt fvcked in the close quarters. Maybe for a short amount of time we'd be okay, but not for any long period of time, unless we wanted to make a tree fort or something ridiculous like that.
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:25:16 PM
At 10/1/2012 3:20:48 PM, Koopin wrote:
Jordan, are other animals infected? I know you said cats, but what about deer and such?

Please bold all questions and actions. You can only be infected by humans and house cat. Other animals cannot get infected.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:26:55 PM
Are there any supplies around us currently to find?
Aside from our group, is any other person around us?
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:31:22 PM
At 10/1/2012 3:26:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Are there any supplies around us currently to find?
Aside from our group, is any other person around us?

In the base center is the main floor and basement. You are all on the main floor. With thorough search you find keys, a journal, locked cabinet, the kitchen with snack type food, and one handgun. You also find a trail of blood leading to the basement.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:33:33 PM
Just by making the assumption that we are all kinda working on the same side (at least in that we don't all want to get murdered by zombies xD), I would like to point out that along with Budda, I also can cure the infection...at the food base.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:35:48 PM
I agree with Zaradi's plan. I was thinking much the same, head southeast, passing by the lake as we go towarss k.a.t.s.

Whats good about the lake is there is bound to be plenty of wildlife to hunt, and different edible plants as well. So the lake itself will be good for food, as well as hopefully fresh water. Then we head towards K.A.T.S., and if its not too infested, we can clear it out and scavenge for weapons and supplies.

Obviously, the Food Base should be our ultimate destination, as that is where the ingredients for the cure are located.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:36:49 PM
At 10/1/2012 3:33:33 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
Just by making the assumption that we are all kinda working on the same side (at least in that we don't all want to get murdered by zombies xD), I would like to point out that along with Budda, I also can cure the infection...at the food base.

Nice, thats two people that have the cure. So we at least wont lose it if one of us dies
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:39:57 PM
*I read the journal aloud to everyone else*

(LoTR reference incoming)

"We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the bridge and Second Hall. Fr"r and L"ni and N"li fell there bravely while the rest retr"Mazarbul. We still ho"g...but hope u"n""in"s party went five days ago but today only four returned. The pool is up to the wall at West-gate. The Watcher in the Water took "in--we cannot get out. The end comes soon. We hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming."
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion