Total Posts:253|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A Not So Quaint Town DP 2

Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 5:53:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Good morning London. I'm Cedric Prescott to give you the British Morning News. This morning, we cover the shocking discovery of Ylena Fern's affiliation which has caused a stir, the horrible death of the respected news anchor Jeremy Doyle, and the brand new opening if the Chelsea Football Stadium. It's great that football is a place away from the violence that plagues London, despite police efforts.

But first to Ylena Fern.

Yesterday we reported that Ylena Fern had been executed as a preemptive show of force, and of a severe crackdown on crime by police. While guilty of blackmail and adultery, Ylena Fern was posthumously cleared of all links with the Anti-Magician Alliance. A tragedy indeed.

In the night, long time, old school news anchor Jeremy Doyle was killed. He was last seen talking to a colleague, before walking home. His body was found in the morning by police. Police say it is a tragedy to see the death of such a respectable man.

And to football! A rapturous crowd, comprising magicians and non-magicians alike cheered madly in a pulsating match between Arsenal and Manchester United last night. Arsenal won 2-1 in a thrilling climax. And now to..."

FourTrouble - Ylena Fern - Adultery and blackmail. You are not an innocent child. You are the miller. However, you"re not just going to state this publicly, lest your reputation disappear forever. You can safely reveal the truth come DP 3 and you will cease to be a miller. Do it before then and you will be rendered voteless and remain a miller the entire game. You win with the town.

Mestari - Jeremy Doyle " You"re the traditional styled anchorman with many years in news reporting and a serious, factual tone. You aren"t a sensationalist. Maybe that"s why your ratings keep dropping... You are a reporter (see below) . You win with the town.

FT has replaced HCP.

Living Players

1. Maxx
2. caveat
3. Medic
4. BlackVoid
5. SPinko
6. SportsGuru
7. FourTrouble
8. Johnnyboy
9. F-16
10. IFLY
11. DetectableNinja
12. OneElephant

It takes 7 votes to lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 5:59:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I kept thinking about whether or not I should out my role - I guess better to out. I cc Mestari's dead body. I am also a reporter.

Anyways, considering FT had to lie about his role and fake-claim, I am thinking some of the people who defended him are likely mafia. Mafia would want to get town-cred and they generally assume that everyone who isn't them is most likely town and believe the fake-claim. I'll go back and check to see who was doing it.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 6:11:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Spinko was hardcore defending FT last DP, lol. I think we all remember it.

I'm interested in both him and Caveat. Caveat was one of the last votes and had said little about FT before VTLing him. This was his post:

No lynches might not always be detrimental, but they do come with a price of not gaining information. Yes, we gain information during the DP through discussion and analysis, but that is common to lynch and no-lynch DPs. While ideally, lynching should serve only to kill scum, it carries a side-affect of providing quite a bit of information (especially if the flip is pre-NP). As F-16 said, the negative effect of a mislynch increases exponentially with time. In this case however, a mislynch of a claimed Vanilla on DP1 is simply a loss of a vote. FT can replace back in for an inactive and possibly into a more influential role if you're afraid of losing a good player.

Personally I don't have any experience with Logic's games, and as a corollary, none regarding the types of roles he uses, so I can't really comment on mod psych or tendencies. My anecdotal experience with delayed claiming/confirmation (i.e. vmpire in Vito's Revenge) makes me lean towards scum, but this is probably the smallest of factors.

I've always been very stagnant when it comes to lynches because I feared being wrong. After Countries however, I realized the consequences of non-action can easily turn into a mafia steamroll. The risk:reward ratio was there for me after the Vanilla claim. VTL FT.


The issue with this post is that its long, but lacking in actual content, i.e. reasons to actually vote. The first paragraph just says "lynching is okay because its only a vanilla and he can just replace in". Its not an actual (positive) reason to lynch someone. The second paragraph he admits is of minimal impact. The third is that non-action can hurt. Nowhere in his post does he actually explain why he is voting for FT. Townies are supposed to be fully informed and rational when making a decision, yet caveat clearly is not. It reeks of a mafioso who wants to contribute to a ML and using a bunch of fluff to justify it.

VTL Caveat for claim.
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 6:41:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 5:59:53 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I kept thinking about whether or not I should out my role - I guess better to out. I cc Mestari's dead body. I am also a reporter.

Anyways, considering FT had to lie about his role and fake-claim, I am thinking some of the people who defended him are likely mafia. Mafia would want to get town-cred and they generally assume that everyone who isn't them is most likely town and believe the fake-claim. I'll go back and check to see who was doing it.

Could you character claim? Is your character similar to Mestari's as well?
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 6:59:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 5:59:53 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I kept thinking about whether or not I should out my role - I guess better to out. I cc Mestari's dead body. I am also a reporter.

I wonder if this is why Logic made a special not about graveyard tampering.

My computer is being super sluggish and I'm going to try and fix it. Once I do that, I can start posting and being active.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 7:59:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 6:11:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Spinko was hardcore defending FT last DP, lol. I think we all remember it.

Wait a minute, F-5039 leads a Dp lynch against a townie which I tried to stop and you're looking at me?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:00:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 5:59:53 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I kept thinking about whether or not I should out my role - I guess better to out. I cc Mestari's dead body. I am also a reporter.

Anyways, considering FT had to lie about his role and fake-claim, I am thinking some of the people who defended him are likely mafia. Mafia would want to get town-cred and they generally assume that everyone who isn't them is most likely town and believe the fake-claim. I'll go back and check to see who was doing it.

Not really. I'd say the people pushing for the lynch are more suspicious. Since when is defending a townie scumtell?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:09:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, Sportsguru visited F16 last night.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:13:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 6:11:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Spinko was hardcore defending FT last DP, lol. I think we all remember it.

I'm interested in both him and Caveat. Caveat was one of the last votes and had said little about FT before VTLing him. This was his post:

No lynches might not always be detrimental, but they do come with a price of not gaining information. Yes, we gain information during the DP through discussion and analysis, but that is common to lynch and no-lynch DPs. While ideally, lynching should serve only to kill scum, it carries a side-affect of providing quite a bit of information (especially if the flip is pre-NP). As F-16 said, the negative effect of a mislynch increases exponentially with time. In this case however, a mislynch of a claimed Vanilla on DP1 is simply a loss of a vote. FT can replace back in for an inactive and possibly into a more influential role if you're afraid of losing a good player.

Personally I don't have any experience with Logic's games, and as a corollary, none regarding the types of roles he uses, so I can't really comment on mod psych or tendencies. My anecdotal experience with delayed claiming/confirmation (i.e. vmpire in Vito's Revenge) makes me lean towards scum, but this is probably the smallest of factors.

I've always been very stagnant when it comes to lynches because I feared being wrong. After Countries however, I realized the consequences of non-action can easily turn into a mafia steamroll. The risk:reward ratio was there for me after the Vanilla claim. VTL FT.


The issue with this post is that its long, but lacking in actual content, i.e. reasons to actually vote. The first paragraph just says "lynching is okay because its only a vanilla and he can just replace in". Its not an actual (positive) reason to lynch someone. The second paragraph he admits is of minimal impact. The third is that non-action can hurt. Nowhere in his post does he actually explain why he is voting for FT. Townies are supposed to be fully informed and rational when making a decision, yet caveat clearly is not. It reeks of a mafioso who wants to contribute to a ML and using a bunch of fluff to justify it.

VTL Caveat for claim.

Hmm, this makes sense. I'm going to go back and look at how he what he posted about lynching DP1 in dictator's and then come back here. I also don't remember if Dictator's was before or after companies, I'll have to go check.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:20:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Defending a townie is not necessarily a scumtell under normal circumstances. FT's role on the other hand required him to fake-claim. His overall claim of bulletproof who loses his bulletproof powers if he says so was hard to buy. The townies identified it as likely fake. BlackVoid pointed out the inconsistencies in the claim. I'd expect townies to pounce of that believing they caught scum, because let's face it Spinko, the claim was fake. Mafia on the other hand have incentive to defend a townie to make themselves look more town.

With that said, Spinko, I am not certain about you. I think the ones who slipped their votes in inconspicuously are probably the biggest culprits. I am sort of wavering between whether mafia defended him hoping to waste the DP and lynch FT today or whether they slipped in their votes before deadline to ensure a mislynch.

I will however apologize to FT for pushing his lynch because I miesread his behavior. The claim was part of the reason. The other part was that I believed his lack of aggressiveness and subsequent FOS on me and BV after being prodded to be aggressive was scummy. Obviously, I was wrong. I am sorry. But it doesn't take away from the fact that people who bought the claim are likely scum who bought it a bit too easily. (inb4 apologizing is a scumtell).

Regarding my character claim, I am Howard Beale. I breadcrumbed it by pointing out that my character is a real life person (he is a politician) but that my role has nothing to do with his occupation (there is a mafia role called "politician" which I am not). I also said that my role could be the occupation of people who were in contact with him (reporters are often in contact with politicians).

DNinja's revalation is interesting. I'll come back to this in just a little bit.

@ SG, please justify why you bodyguarded me as opposed to say, the claimed tracker?

I said I would re-read but I am lazy. Caveat is just as good a lead as any. Also, I'll post more once I get an answer from SG.

VTL Caveat
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:22:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:17:40 PM, medic0506 wrote:
What does a reporter do Falcon??

Interesting question. I will answer this as soon as I hear from SG. Trust me, it will make sense once he answers and I explain.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:30:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:20:02 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Defending a townie is not necessarily a scumtell under normal circumstances. FT's role on the other hand required him to fake-claim. His overall claim of bulletproof who loses his bulletproof powers if he says so was hard to buy. The townies identified it as likely fake.

We don't know who the townies are yet. Isn't that a scum slip you pointed out? That mafia know who all the townies are so are more likely to identify unconfirmed players as townies, whereas actual townies don't know for sure one way or another yet.

BlackVoid pointed out the inconsistencies in the claim. I'd expect townies to pounce of that believing they caught scum, because let's face it Spinko, the claim was fake. Mafia on the other hand have incentive to defend a townie to make themselves look more town.

It's interesting.You keep banking on the scumminess of his claim but you haven't mentioned once the mod-psychology explanation he brought up.

With that said, Spinko, I am not certain about you. I think the ones who slipped their votes in inconspicuously are probably the biggest culprits. I am sort of wavering between whether mafia defended him hoping to waste the DP and lynch FT today or whether they slipped in their votes before deadline to ensure a mislynch.

I can't really see why a mafioso would hold off on getting in on Ft's lynch, unless they weren't active last Dp. It's pretty easy to case a seemingly cautious VTL on him by simply re-stating your own analysis.

I will however apologize to FT for pushing his lynch because I miesread his behavior. The claim was part of the reason. The other part was that I believed his lack of aggressiveness and subsequent FOS on me and BV after being prodded to be aggressive was scummy. Obviously, I was wrong. I am sorry. But it doesn't take away from the fact that people who bought the claim are likely scum who bought it a bit too easily. (inb4 apologizing is a scumtell).

I don't think that's necessarily true. His mod-psychology point was exactly right and is now confirmed since we know he was telling the truth. The people who thought that point was rubbish are the ones who seem suspicious, especially those who also played in Blaise Massacre. I seem to remember you and Blackvoid were in that game.

Regarding my character claim, I am Howard Beale. I breadcrumbed it by pointing out that my character is a real life person (he is a politician) but that my role has nothing to do with his occupation (there is a mafia role called "politician" which I am not). I also said that my role could be the occupation of people who were in contact with him (reporters are often in contact with politicians).

What does your role do exactly?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:31:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:13:13 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 10/5/2012 6:11:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Spinko was hardcore defending FT last DP, lol. I think we all remember it.

I'm interested in both him and Caveat. Caveat was one of the last votes and had said little about FT before VTLing him. This was his post:

No lynches might not always be detrimental, but they do come with a price of not gaining information. Yes, we gain information during the DP through discussion and analysis, but that is common to lynch and no-lynch DPs. While ideally, lynching should serve only to kill scum, it carries a side-affect of providing quite a bit of information (especially if the flip is pre-NP). As F-16 said, the negative effect of a mislynch increases exponentially with time. In this case however, a mislynch of a claimed Vanilla on DP1 is simply a loss of a vote. FT can replace back in for an inactive and possibly into a more influential role if you're afraid of losing a good player.

Personally I don't have any experience with Logic's games, and as a corollary, none regarding the types of roles he uses, so I can't really comment on mod psych or tendencies. My anecdotal experience with delayed claiming/confirmation (i.e. vmpire in Vito's Revenge) makes me lean towards scum, but this is probably the smallest of factors.

I've always been very stagnant when it comes to lynches because I feared being wrong. After Countries however, I realized the consequences of non-action can easily turn into a mafia steamroll. The risk:reward ratio was there for me after the Vanilla claim. VTL FT.


The issue with this post is that its long, but lacking in actual content, i.e. reasons to actually vote. The first paragraph just says "lynching is okay because its only a vanilla and he can just replace in". Its not an actual (positive) reason to lynch someone. The second paragraph he admits is of minimal impact. The third is that non-action can hurt. Nowhere in his post does he actually explain why he is voting for FT. Townies are supposed to be fully informed and rational when making a decision, yet caveat clearly is not. It reeks of a mafioso who wants to contribute to a ML and using a bunch of fluff to justify it.

VTL Caveat for claim.

Hmm, this makes sense. I'm going to go back and look at how he what he posted about lynching DP1 in dictator's and then come back here. I also don't remember if Dictator's was before or after companies, I'll have to go check.

Only thing I found in Dictator's was when F-16 asked for him to lynch BH on DP1, his response was "You haven't heard of al-Assad? VTL BH". He obviously doesn't always explain his reasons or why he agrees with a lynch.

That being said, his post does seem to say he doesn't think there is a lot for the case against FT, but vtl him anyways. I agree this is enough to get a claim. VTL Caveat.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:32:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
3 votes is sufficient pressure, I reckon.

Now we play the waiting game.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:37:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:32:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3 votes is sufficient pressure, I reckon.

Now we play the waiting game.

No analysis? People seem to want Caveat to claim, so what. That doesn't mean there can't be constuctive conversation. You wouldn't be posting fluff would you?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:40:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:37:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/5/2012 8:32:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3 votes is sufficient pressure, I reckon.

Now we play the waiting game.

No analysis? People seem to want Caveat to claim, so what. That doesn't mean there can't be constuctive conversation. You wouldn't be posting fluff would you?

Do you think DNinja is scum?
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:41:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:37:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/5/2012 8:32:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3 votes is sufficient pressure, I reckon.

Now we play the waiting game.

No analysis? People seem to want Caveat to claim, so what. That doesn't mean there can't be constuctive conversation. You wouldn't be posting fluff would you?

Still trying to find my footing after the hiatus. I'm honestly worried that I've forgotten how to play Mafia well (even though I was always shite at it).

Basically, I agree with the analysis thus far, but to be honest, I haven't been as attentive as I should be. So RIGHT NOW, no, I have none, or at least, none in depth.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:42:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:40:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/5/2012 8:37:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/5/2012 8:32:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3 votes is sufficient pressure, I reckon.

Now we play the waiting game.

No analysis? People seem to want Caveat to claim, so what. That doesn't mean there can't be constuctive conversation. You wouldn't be posting fluff would you?

Do you think DNinja is scum?

It's the beginning of Dp2 and I think DNinja barely posted anything last Dp. I have next to no information to go on.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:43:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:42:23 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/5/2012 8:40:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/5/2012 8:37:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/5/2012 8:32:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3 votes is sufficient pressure, I reckon.

Now we play the waiting game.

No analysis? People seem to want Caveat to claim, so what. That doesn't mean there can't be constuctive conversation. You wouldn't be posting fluff would you?

Do you think DNinja is scum?

It's the beginning of Dp2 and I think DNinja barely posted anything last Dp. I have next to no information to go on.

Well gee, this game sure isn't helping lift the stigma against me as an inactive.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:43:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:41:21 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/5/2012 8:37:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/5/2012 8:32:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3 votes is sufficient pressure, I reckon.

Now we play the waiting game.

No analysis? People seem to want Caveat to claim, so what. That doesn't mean there can't be constuctive conversation. You wouldn't be posting fluff would you?

Still trying to find my footing after the hiatus. I'm honestly worried that I've forgotten how to play Mafia well (even though I was always shite at it).

Basically, I agree with the analysis thus far, but to be honest, I haven't been as attentive as I should be. So RIGHT NOW, no, I have none, or at least, none in depth.

There's conflicting analysis thus far i.e., those who think it might have been scummy to defend Ft vs. those who think it was scummy to advocate lynching him.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:45:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 7:59:21 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/5/2012 6:11:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Spinko was hardcore defending FT last DP, lol. I think we all remember it.

Wait a minute, F-5039 leads a Dp lynch against a townie which I tried to stop and you're looking at me?

Mafia usually don't straight-up lead a lynch on townies, especially on behavior alone. Of course, F-16 could be mafia and playing radically to confuse me, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. the issue with you last DP was that you were unconditional in your support of FT. Even if a townie didnt agree with a lynch, they usually grant at least a small part of the FOS but argue its not enough for a lynch. You didnt do that. You defended every single argument against FT unconditionally, and that kind of certainty is the issue.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:49:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, I agree that Caveat is the better lead for now. I find that his lacking in vote rationale would warrant a level of suspicion higher than defending another player. While I can see defending another player unabashedly as being suspicious (and, admittedly, it is), I feel the argument saying THAT is more suspicious is relying a bit too heavily on the psychology of mafia to take precedence. Don't get me wrong, psychology in this game is BIG, I know. But I feel like the quiet, unassuming, and fluff RFV would be a bit more suspect. It's a close call, but I say the fluff RFV is more suspicious.

Whew! First genuine bit of analysis provided in probably like, 6 months?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:51:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:45:02 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 10/5/2012 7:59:21 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/5/2012 6:11:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Spinko was hardcore defending FT last DP, lol. I think we all remember it.

Wait a minute, F-5039 leads a Dp lynch against a townie which I tried to stop and you're looking at me?

Mafia usually don't straight-up lead a lynch on townies, especially on behavior alone. Of course, F-16 could be mafia and playing radically to confuse me, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. the issue with you last DP was that you were unconditional in your support of FT. Even if a townie didnt agree with a lynch, they usually grant at least a small part of the FOS but argue its not enough for a lynch. You didnt do that. You defended every single argument against FT unconditionally, and that kind of certainty is the issue.

I didn't support Ft strongly one way or another. I thought that (a) town should never lynch Dp1 and that (b) the suspicion against Ft was largely contestable. On (a), notice that the majority of my posts were arguing with F-53 over the legitimacy of Dp1 lynches? And if you don't know my opinion on the matter by now you're just not reading through. (B) should be taken largely in conjunction with (a). I'm against Dp1 lynches period. Furthermore, since I thought no one adequately responded to the mos-psych point, the "evidence" against Ft was largely behavioral. You can say he was acting differently then usual whatever, cop can get him later. As I've repeated perhaps a thousand times before, behavior is good to go on for investigations but isn't enough to lynch.

Everyone acted completely contrary to town interests last Dp, and now those leading the lynch are barely viewed with suspicion at all.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:52:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We should also get Maxx or OneE's role this DP. They've been inactive so might as well make it hard to fake claim if they're mafia, since we won't be able to read their behavior.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:52:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
BV, I think Spinko granted that FT could possibly be mafia as opposed to unconditionally supporting him. I'll go back and check later. I agree with your next post though. Mafia would have wanted to stall the DP and lynch FT today.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:54:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:45:58 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Mafia would want FT alive right now. They'd get a VTNL last DP (a free NK) and a mislynch for this DP.

What's the difference?

How it played out: Mislynched townie, townie killed in the Np.
Your scenario: VTNL, townie killed in the Np, then Ft possibly gets mislynched.

I don't see why mafia would necessarily want to kill Ft sooner rather than later, especially since it would have been much easier to get him lynched Dp1 when the momentum against him was at its highest.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 8:55:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 8:52:59 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
BV, I think Spinko granted that FT could possibly be mafia as opposed to unconditionally supporting him. I'll go back and check later. I agree with your next post though. Mafia would have wanted to stall the DP and lynch FT today.

I just remember him arguing with a lot of people about FT, responding to every sentence they wrote, and not supporting the lynch. I'll look at it more closely then.