Total Posts:217|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Celebs Mafia - DP2

BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 1:39:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Killed last DP:

F-16 - Will Smith - one of the most famous actors of this generation. In this game you must do just as you do in real life: pretend to be another person. You are required to fake claim a character and role. (except vanilla, since thats what you basically are). You win with the town.

Killed last NP:

Royal - Jerry Sandusky - as the ex defensive coordinator of Penn State University, you were found guilty of 45 counts of child molestation. Your pedophilic actions caused severe trauma to the victims, but nothing lethal. Each night, you are required to sodomize (roleblock) one person. You win with the town.

Active players:

1. Budda
2. IFLY
3. Medic
4. Johnny
5. socialpinko
6. Airmax
7. Drafterman
8. Chicken
9. FourTrouble
10. Zaradi (replaced by F-16 (2))
11. Daytonanerd

note: thanks to people who sent their actions in early.

6 votes for lynch.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 1:44:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just out of curiosity, what was the roleblock message?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 1:49:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/6/2012 1:44:07 AM, Mestari wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what was the roleblock message?

You would want to know that :p

I would have liked to put "you could not carry out your night action because you were raped", but that would have been character confirmation. So it would have been generic.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 1:51:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/6/2012 1:49:28 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 10/6/2012 1:44:07 AM, Mestari wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what was the roleblock message?

You would want to know that :p

I would have liked to put "you could not carry out your night action because you were raped", but that would have been character confirmation. So it would have been generic.

Sandusky could have been mafia though so it wouldn't have mattered, I don't think.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 7:45:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Scummy character again, but "normal" role. I won't bother claiming though unless pressured - at this point, we deduced that most characters are scummy. The justification is interesting. At first glance, it doesn't come across as if my character would have that role but in an ingenious way, BlackVoid makes it fit - that is, he gives role justification that would fit a different town role than I really am but YMMV.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 8:25:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What does YMMV mean?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 2:35:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why the votes on Budda?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 2:41:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
For a character claim. I could continue going on about my analysis from last DP but for now, I'll settle for "he is just as good a lead as anyone else."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 2:42:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/6/2012 2:41:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
For a character claim. I could continue going on about my analysis from last DP but for now, I'll settle for "he is just as good a lead as anyone else."

Seems as fine as anyone else I suppose. VTL Budda for character.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 3:32:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/6/2012 2:41:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
For a character claim. I could continue going on about my analysis from last DP but for now, I'll settle for "he is just as good a lead as anyone else."

You could, but then you'd have to explain how Royals affiliation fits into that analysis of yours. Anyways, I'm Tim Roth
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 3:34:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm at work but when I get off work I'll post rebuttals to FT's analysis at the end of last DP, but also reiterate my responses to F-16's analysis, as well as detail my FOS's, as with more time to abalyze the behaviors last DP certain things have changed
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 3:37:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was thinking the reason Royal was killed was to make it seem as though I was wrong about all the people I listed as scum because I was wrong about one. I wouldn't be surprised if I was right about 1 or 2 people and wrong about the other 2-3.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 3:42:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/6/2012 3:37:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I was thinking the reason Royal was killed was to make it seem as though I was wrong about all the people I listed as scum because I was wrong about one. I wouldn't be surprised if I was right about 1 or 2 people and wrong about the other 2-3.

It could also be that johnny is mafia. I think we need to pressure Budda, johnny, and social today.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 3:44:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/6/2012 3:37:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I was thinking the reason Royal was killed was to make it seem as though I was wrong about all the people I listed as scum because I was wrong about one. I wouldn't be surprised if I was right about 1 or 2 people and wrong about the other 2-3.

Just had to respond to this before my break was over. Well of course you would think that wouldnt you? Cause heaven forbid evidence comes to light that indicates your analysis was incorrect, its not time to go back to the drawing board and rethink that analysis right? Nope, that just means it was done purposely(alleged gambit X) to make it look like your analysis was incorrect.

Anything to prevent you from having to go back and actually seriously analyze the behavior right? Cause that just wont happen, not at all.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 3:59:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/6/2012 2:42:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2012 2:41:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
For a character claim. I could continue going on about my analysis from last DP but for now, I'll settle for "he is just as good a lead as anyone else."

Seems as fine as anyone else I suppose. VTL Budda for character.

Why do you want to keep Budda from claiming his role? If you don't, why specify the pressure is for a "character"?
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 4:03:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm going to extend the question I asked to social to F-16 as well. I didn't notice F-16 specified the pressure on Budda was limited to a character-claim.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 4:12:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am not trying to "keep Budda from claiming a role." Social asked me why there are votes on Budda so I explained why - both in terms of what I wanted from Budda as well as why Budda in particular.

On second thoughts, I am actually thinking it is better to mass-character claim to get that out of the way and pressure for roles. I'll character claim as long as we are all agreed on this. Maybe we could do it popcorn style.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 4:22:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/6/2012 4:12:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am not trying to "keep Budda from claiming a role." Social asked me why there are votes on Budda so I explained why - both in terms of what I wanted from Budda as well as why Budda in particular.

On second thoughts, I am actually thinking it is better to mass-character claim to get that out of the way and pressure for roles. I'll character claim as long as we are all agreed on this. Maybe we could do it popcorn style.

I've been giving very little value to characters for a while, so I have no problem with this. What we really need is to start pressuring people for role-claims.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 4:30:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/6/2012 4:12:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am not trying to "keep Budda from claiming a role." Social asked me why there are votes on Budda so I explained why - both in terms of what I wanted from Budda as well as why Budda in particular.

On second thoughts, I am actually thinking it is better to mass-character claim to get that out of the way and pressure for roles. I'll character claim as long as we are all agreed on this. Maybe we could do it popcorn style.

I agree with this. Right now there seems to be no way to deduce a 'good' versus 'bad' character claim and I think it would help the town to have a better idea of all the characters. So I'm just going to character claim.

I am Justin Bieber.

Once we have more characters I think we should pressure for at least one role claim this DP as FT said above.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 4:43:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dead:

F-16 - Will Smith - Fake Claimer, vanilla (town)
royalpaladin - Jerry Sandusky - role blocker (town)

Role claim:

IFLY- James Eagan Holmes- random vig (optional)

Character claim:

FourTrouble- Mark Zuckerberg
Chicken- Oprah Winfrey
Daytonanerd - OJ Simpson
Airmax - Justin Bieber
F-16(2) - Casey Anthony

No claim:

Budda
Medic
Johnny
socialpinko
Drafterman
Debate.org Moderator
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 4:55:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Missed my character claim on that list. Anyways, I'm lmao off right now watching FT and F-16 lead this DP. You do realise from a social game standpoint they're not playing like townies at all right?

I'll explain when i get back home, but it essentially comes from a townies need/desire to justify FOS's/Tactics so other townies will be convinced the analysis present is accurate. Something they're both not doing.

Also, something happened last night that FMPOV, barring an alleged gambit(possible tell category) confirms me as town. Again more when I get home, I only have 15 mins in this break though and 10 just got use up typing this bare bones introduction to the analysis I'l be providing later

Also, SocialPinko and FT are my FoS's at the moment. Again, I'll explain when I get home
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 4:59:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh and I forgot, F-16 also
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Posts: 13,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 5:34:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dead:

F-16 - Will Smith - Fake Claimer, vanilla (town)
royalpaladin - Jerry Sandusky - role blocker (town)

Role claim:

IFLY- James Eagan Holmes- random vig (optional)

Character claim:

FourTrouble- Mark Zuckerberg
Chicken- Oprah Winfrey
Daytonanerd - OJ Simpson
Airmax - Justin Bieber
F-16(2) - Casey Anthony
Budda - Tim Roth

No claim:

Medic
Johnny
socialpinko
Drafterman
Debate.org Moderator