Celebs Mafia - DP3

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 1:02:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Graveyard:

FT - Mark Zuckerberg - you're the founder of Facebook, the most dominant social networking site on the internet. Your site specializes in bringing people from all over the world into one place and being a facilitator for open communication. You are required to Mason Recruit one player (mafia can be recruited) each night. You win with the town.

Iflyhigh - James Eagan Holmes - you are the movie theater shooter, who famously killed 24 people in an Aurora theater, and are being defended on the basis of insanity. Charges against you include: 24 counts of first-degree murder, 145 counts of attempted murder, and possession of explosive devices. Each night I will use RNG to assign you a player. You may use your murderous tendencies to decide whether to kill them or let them walk. You win with the town.

Active players:

1. Budda
2. Medic
3. Johnny
4. socialpinko
5. Airmax
6. Drafterman
7. Chicken
8. F-16 (2)
9. Daytonanerd

5 votes for lynch.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 1:46:39 PM
Could someone get me up to speed on what happened last Dp? I can guess at why Ft got lynched (that seems to happen a lot lately) but I'd rather just a condensed analysis if that's possible?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 2:52:08 PM
"FT - Mark Zuckerberg - you're the founder of Facebook, the most dominant social networking site on the internet. Your site specializes in bringing people from all over the world into one place and being a facilitator for open communication. You are required to Mason Recruit one player (mafia can be recruited) each night. You win with the town."

Now why couldnt he just say that >_>, gawd this is frustrating. One mason who can recruit mafia + 1 who cant isnt something that counts as a CC >_>. Thats just an obvious ML target. F-16 had asked the question, because it was important to know for precisely that reason >_<
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 1:11:20 AM
Dead

1) F-16 (1) - Will Smith - Fake Claimer, Vanilla - TOWN
2) Royalpaladin - Jerry Sandusky - Roleblocker - TOWN
3) FourTrouble - Mark Zuckerberg - Mason Recruiter - TOWN
4) IFLY - James Eagan Holme s- random vig - TOWN

Role claims

1) Airmax - Justin Bieber - DP6 Innocent Child
2) Drafterman - Charles Manson - Mason Recruiter
3) F-16(2) - Casey Anthony - Bulletproof

Character claims

4) Daytonanerd - OJ Simpson
5) Chicken- Oprah Winfrey
6) Budda - Tim Roth
7) Medic - Barack Obama
8) Johnny - Lil Wayne
9) socialpinko - Charlize Theron
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:13:55 AM
I'm going over to read Dp2. Be back in a bit.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 3:31:47 PM
At 10/10/2012 3:24:31 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I'm not buying 2 mason recruiters in a 13 player game, so...

VTL Drafter

Has Drafter recruited anyone that can confirm him?
:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:16:24 PM
Hey guys, important announcement. Drafter and Budda are both mafia.

I asked Drafter to recruit me last night. He did. He is not cult. But he has a mason PM. The mason PM is separate from the mafia PM. People recruited into the Mason PM do not change their affiliation (I still win with the town). He can recruit mafia into the Mason PM as well. How do I know this? Budda slipped.

He said "Ok so I will claim LD to F-16 in the mason Pm. Who should I say I investigated? We need to make sure I dont inno a potential mislynch. Also, claiming full time LD might be a mistake. If I claim 2X LD, then I can say I waived N1 perhaps?"

We need to lynch them both one by one. I was about to confirm Drafter yesterday but it now obvious he and Budda are mafia. It gets really obvious now. Why did Drafter recruit Budda NP1 if he dies when recruiting mafia? He should have recruited IFLY. Anyways, we have two mafiosos in the bag.

VTL Drafterman
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:27:47 PM
VTL Drafter for death. Thanks god for slips.
:
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:30:31 PM
Heres the entire convo for anyone that wants to read it

"Tuesday, October 09, 2012 @ 12:59:03 PM
Posted by:
BlackVoid

F-16 has been recruited.
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 @ 9:39:04 PM
Posted by:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Awesome. I obviously paraphrased my role in the DP, I am Casey Anthony, bulletproof. Drafter is obviously Mason Recruiter.

Do you die upon recruiting scum, drafter?

Budda, I am assuming you are the Lie Detector or some sort of investigative role. Do you have an inno on anyone?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 7:22:19 AM
Posted by:
drafterman

Yes, I do die if I recrit scum. I'm not sure what FT was going for, though I suppose it isn't his fault there were two recruiters, which there usually aren't. I was expecting him to flip Cult.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 7:22:28 AM
Posted by:
drafterman

recruit*
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 11:40:16 AM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

Ok so I will claim LD to F-16 in the mason Pm. Who should I say I investigated? We need to make sure I dont inno a potential mislynch. Also, claiming full time LD might be a mistake. If I claim 2X LD, then I can say I waived N1 perhaps?
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 11:42:33 AM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

And this is why I hate so many effing Pm's
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 11:45:11 AM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

Now before anyone gets any bright ideas about posting about this slip, I just requested both F-16 and I be replaced. So lets hold off on doing any posting about this until BV clears it
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 11:48:37 AM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

^^My mistake shouldnt cost Drafter the game saavy? Cause we've been on a tight rope this whole game, and a mistake like this = auto-loss >_<
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 11:57:46 AM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

Heres a good idea, F-16 replaces me(this way he can still play) and somebody replaced F-16's old char. This way I'm the only one getting punished for my mistake. Sound fair? I'd like a chance to stay in the mafia PM if at all possible tho
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:02:04 PM
Posted by:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Hahaha. I wouldn't have bought an LD claim because you never asked for IWWTT statements. You should have fake-claimed character LD or cop. That is what I thought you were. Although, I would have bought Drafter's confirmation.

This is so freakin lol. And I thought Drafter was obvious town. This game is killing me...

Okay, let's wait to see what BV says.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:11:30 PM
Posted by:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Budda, your plan won't work because when I replace you, people will instantly know I am mafia. Because if I replace a townie, I would have knowledge that my old character is a townie and BV wouldn't allow it.

A slip is a slip. I am sure Drafter would feel that way as well. A mafia win while excusing the slip wouldn't be a valid win. If anyone slipped in the mason pm and thought it was their mafia PM (MTorres in HvV for instance), they insta-lynched.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:11:44 PM
Posted by:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

I am posting the slip in the DP thread.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:16:21 PM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

1) How will people know you are mafia?

2) As mafia you would know that you were town anyways, so what would change?

3) a slip that just discloses one person I would understand, but this slip takes out the entire mafia. You say a win in which the replacement occurs wouldnt be valid, but how exactly is this at all a valid win for town now?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:19:32 PM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

For clarity, if I was the only one outted from this, and it was to multiple people at once, of course I wouldnt be asking for this to be done. But the circumstances differ with this, in that its just ONE person I slipped to, and the entire mafia has been outted.

So I dont consider my request at all unfair(as no advantage is gained and no extra information learned) and especially because it not only ruins the game unfairly for ALL players, but instead awards an invalid win to town, when none of the such is even deserved.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:20:30 PM
Posted by:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

There are only two mafiosos?
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:21:32 PM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

Good job, this is why I asked to wait for BV's final word. Thanks alot F-16, there was a way to solve this without ruining the game...
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:22:09 PM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

Majorly disrespectful
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:27:06 PM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

Like really? Who the hell do you honestly think you are? What gives you the right, as a player, to make the decision you did? To completely ruin a game for not only the mafia, but town as well. But of course, coming from someone who was on the mafia in Avatar Mafia, I shouldnt of expected anything different
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:28:22 PM
Posted by:
Buddamoose

You should have at least had the courtesy to wait for a decision from BV. Just astounding"
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:34:56 PM
Lol, Budda, seriously? It is your fault for slipping in the mason PM. It is not something that I can help with. The fact that it incriminated two people as opposed to one makes little difference. A slip is a slip. If I had ignored the slip and been replaced, do you honestly think anyone would have considered the mafia victory legitimate by ANY standards?
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:41:23 PM
Oh come on Budda. You slipped. It's totes okay to capitalize on that.
:
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:50:19 PM
At 10/10/2012 4:34:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Lol, Budda, seriously? It is your fault for slipping in the mason PM. It is not something that I can help with

This is untrue, I had a valid plan in which the game continued as normal, and it remained as competitive as it has been. The fact that it incriminated two people as opposed to one makes little difference.

The amount of people it incriminated wasnt the point, it was the the slip was only to ONE person.

A slip is a slip. If I had ignored the slip and been replaced, do you honestly think anyone would have considered the mafia victory legitimate by ANY standards?

And why wouldnt they? Wouldnt you have to prove my request was unfair and invalid to begin with before I would have to at all answer that? Rignt now my idea in how to best deal with the situation was the only one put forth in which the game continued as normal. So on balance, ur idea, disclosing the slip, not only effectively ends the game, but also requires no effort whatsoever. Given this, how can you consider this win at all valid?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:51:23 PM
VTL Drafter, Obvious Mafia is Obvious
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:51:58 PM
At 10/10/2012 4:41:23 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Maybe I misunderstand exactly why this game is going. But when I play I want to actually play. I want conpetition and a challenge. Slips = easy win

Which is really counterintuitive to playing the game itself wouldnt you think?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:53:53 PM
At 10/10/2012 4:51:58 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Maybe I misunderstand exactly why this game is going. But when I play I want to actually play. I want conpetition and a challenge. Slips = easy win

Not really. I mean it takes some of the fun out of it but the ultimate point of the game is to catch the mafia. I don't know if I would have done the same thing as F-4939 but you can't really blame him for wanting to win.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 5:14:55 PM
If we have a vig, be on Budda obviously ;)
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 6:09:10 PM
At 10/10/2012 6:06:44 PM, drafterman wrote:
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to read this slip in the Mason PM, but why does Budda's slip make me mafia?

It didn't originally. But Budda posted this game later:

"^^My mistake shouldnt cost Drafter the game saavy? Cause we've been on a tight rope this whole game, and a mistake like this = auto-loss >_<"
:
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 7:09:33 PM
At 10/10/2012 4:53:53 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/10/2012 4:51:58 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Not really. I mean it takes some of the fun out of it but the ultimate point of the game is to catch the mafia. I don't know if I would have done the same thing as F-4939 but you can't really blame him for wanting to win.

You can if you have the slightest sense of fair-play and integrity. Oh wait, I forgot, this is the internet, wont find that anywhere here
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 8:27:42 PM
Budda, you screwed up. Deal with it. Stop trying to push the blame on other people. Next time, check your PMs. Don't try to make it out like it is somehow my fault you screwed up.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 8:28:58 PM
At 10/10/2012 8:27:42 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Budda, you screwed up. Deal with it. Stop trying to push the blame on other people. Next time, check your PMs. Don't try to make it out like it is somehow my fault you screwed up.
: