Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Black 2

royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 7:19:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Apparently the new Pokemon games were released two days ago. I'm incredibly bored, so I decided to pick up Pokemon again (it's been a very long time). I found a ROM online, and the game is pretty fun. Does anybody else have this? Who did you start out with? I picked Snivy.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 7:20:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh, and apparently there's a way to connect the emulator to Nintendo wireless, so once I figure out how to do that, I'd be happy to play against anybody who wants to play.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 7:33:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Scum.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 7:55:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/9/2012 7:42:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:33:35 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Scum.

What?

You posted a thread that is unrelated to mafia in the ma-- I mean games forum. Therefore, you must dragging attention from your scum friends onto topics like this. We can see past your thin facade. VTL ROYAL
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 8:09:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/9/2012 7:55:52 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:42:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:33:35 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Scum.

What?

You posted a thread that is unrelated to mafia in the ma-- I mean games forum. Therefore, you must dragging attention from your scum friends onto topics like this. We can see past your thin facade. VTL ROYAL

God this is so true. Jeeze Royal you're slipping up. You taught me how to play, but now I'm teaching you how to play. Now all that's left that you can beat me at is Yugioh, and that's even sketchy :P Anyway, back on task. VTL ROYAL for death.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 8:22:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/9/2012 8:09:45 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:55:52 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:42:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:33:35 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Scum.

What?

You posted a thread that is unrelated to mafia in the ma-- I mean games forum. Therefore, you must dragging attention from your scum friends onto topics like this. We can see past your thin facade. VTL ROYAL

God this is so true. Jeeze Royal you're slipping up. You taught me how to play, but now I'm teaching you how to play. Now all that's left that you can beat me at is Yugioh, and that's even sketchy :P Anyway, back on task. VTL ROYAL for death.

I don't even get to play Mafia anymore. Either I'm Mafia and someone catches me on DP1 or the Mafia night kills me :(
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 6:47:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/9/2012 7:42:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:33:35 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Scum.

What?

Sailing the seven seas and raiding poor little merchant ships.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 8:39:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/10/2012 6:47:46 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:42:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:33:35 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Scum.

What?

Sailing the seven seas and raiding poor little merchant ships.

It's not piracy because someone who purchased the game decided to share it with others. That is his right because he obtained the game from the owner.

I'll preempt your response by noting that just because the law says something is unjust does not mean it actually is. An example of this would be the recent banning of the sale of large soft drinks in NYC; just because the Mayor thinks that selling the drinks is an unjust act does not mean it actually is. You need to prove morally that the act is unjust, and that is something that you cannot do.

Finally, if you do manage to prove that this is immoral, please explain why I should bother acting in a moral fashion since nobody else does. I've decided that I don't particularly care about moral action since nobody else acts morally. Why should I regulate my behavior and be at a disadvantage as a result?
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 1:27:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/10/2012 8:39:38 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/10/2012 6:47:46 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:42:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:33:35 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Scum.

What?

Sailing the seven seas and raiding poor little merchant ships.

It's not piracy because someone who purchased the game decided to share it with others. That is his right because he obtained the game from the owner.

You do not buy distribution copyright by buying the game. Copyright =/= product. I can buy KFC, but I cannot then use the KFC formula and distribute it as if I made it.

I'll preempt your response by noting that just because the law says something is unjust does not mean it actually is. An example of this would be the recent banning of the sale of large soft drinks in NYC; just because the Mayor thinks that selling the drinks is an unjust act does not mean it actually is. You need to prove morally that the act is unjust, and that is something that you cannot do.

The difference here is that the Mayor has the right to do that in his jurisdiction. Conversely, you do not have the right to distribution.

Finally, if you do manage to prove that this is immoral, please explain why I should bother acting in a moral fashion since nobody else does. I've decided that I don't particularly care about moral action since nobody else acts morally. Why should I regulate my behavior and be at a disadvantage as a result?

http://thedonkeyedge.files.wordpress.com...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 2:42:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/10/2012 1:27:25 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 10/10/2012 8:39:38 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/10/2012 6:47:46 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:42:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:33:35 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Scum.

What?

Sailing the seven seas and raiding poor little merchant ships.

It's not piracy because someone who purchased the game decided to share it with others. That is his right because he obtained the game from the owner.

You do not buy distribution copyright by buying the game. Copyright =/= product. I can buy KFC, but I cannot then use the KFC formula and distribute it as if I made it.

This is blatantly false. You can distribute the game as you wish when you purchase it. Ebay probably already has people reselling the games, and this is morally permissible and legal. When I purchase KFC, I can give it to whomever I wish, it is not a crime for my parents to give me the KFC they purchase or the video game that they purchase.

You might claim that I cannot make copies of the game, but there is no moral reason that I should not be able to do so. The game belongs to me, so I should be able to do whatever to it that I wish to do. When companies attempt to interfere with this, they are violating property rights.
I'll preempt your response by noting that just because the law says something is unjust does not mean it actually is. An example of this would be the recent banning of the sale of large soft drinks in NYC; just because the Mayor thinks that selling the drinks is an unjust act does not mean it actually is. You need to prove morally that the act is unjust, and that is something that you cannot do.

The difference here is that the Mayor has the right to do that in his jurisdiction. Conversely, you do not have the right to distribution.

1. This is entirely nonresponsive (in fact, it's a red herring). Bossyburrito will tell me that it's wrong because it is illegal. My example proves that justice/morality =/= legality. You haven't responded to the notion that just because the law permits something does not mean it is just.

2. If all that gives the mayor authority is that he can use force to gain a right to do something, as long as I can get away with downloading the game, I can do whatever I wish as well. Why doesn't what applies to the mayor apply to me? Social contract is nonsense on stilts that was established through violence and force. There is no social contract, so please do not argue social contract theory.
Finally, if you do manage to prove that this is immoral, please explain why I should bother acting in a moral fashion since nobody else does. I've decided that I don't particularly care about moral action since nobody else acts morally. Why should I regulate my behavior and be at a disadvantage as a result?

http://thedonkeyedge.files.wordpress.com...

Posting memes does not serve as an adequate response.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 2:48:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/9/2012 7:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apparently the new Pokemon games were released two days ago. I'm incredibly bored, so I decided to pick up Pokemon again (it's been a very long time). I found a ROM online, and the game is pretty fun. Does anybody else have this? Who did you start out with? I picked Snivy.

Where did you find a reliable ROM? I love pokemon and haven't played the Blacks and Whites yet.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 2:52:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/10/2012 2:48:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apparently the new Pokemon games were released two days ago. I'm incredibly bored, so I decided to pick up Pokemon again (it's been a very long time). I found a ROM online, and the game is pretty fun. Does anybody else have this? Who did you start out with? I picked Snivy.

Where did you find a reliable ROM? I love pokemon and haven't played the Blacks and Whites yet.

I found a link on Youtube and tested it with an emulator called desmume that I found through a google search. I haven't really played much, but it appears to be working so far.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 3:21:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/9/2012 7:20:17 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Oh, and apparently there's a way to connect the emulator to Nintendo wireless, so once I figure out how to do that, I'd be happy to play against anybody who wants to play.

If you can figure that out I'll download it.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
MilitaryAtheist
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 5:11:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/9/2012 7:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apparently the new Pokemon games were released two days ago. I'm incredibly bored, so I decided to pick up Pokemon again (it's been a very long time). I found a ROM online, and the game is pretty fun. Does anybody else have this? Who did you start out with? I picked Snivy.

How is it?
MilitaryAtheist
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 5:12:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/10/2012 5:11:40 PM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apparently the new Pokemon games were released two days ago. I'm incredibly bored, so I decided to pick up Pokemon again (it's been a very long time). I found a ROM online, and the game is pretty fun. Does anybody else have this? Who did you start out with? I picked Snivy.

How is it?

Besides vague words
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 6:03:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/10/2012 5:12:03 PM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
At 10/10/2012 5:11:40 PM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apparently the new Pokemon games were released two days ago. I'm incredibly bored, so I decided to pick up Pokemon again (it's been a very long time). I found a ROM online, and the game is pretty fun. Does anybody else have this? Who did you start out with? I picked Snivy.

How is it?

Besides vague words

I don't know yet. I just did one battle and then I closed it without saving it. I want to figure out the Wifi first, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've been busy with other things.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 6:04:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The graphics were really cool though, and the animation for the opening scene was excellent. The opening was just a bit long.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:33:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"This is blatantly false. You can distribute the game as you wish when you purchase it. Ebay probably already has people reselling the games, and this is morally permissible and legal. When I purchase KFC, I can give it to whomever I wish, it is not a crime for my parents to give me the KFC they purchase or the video game that they purchase."
You guessed what I was gonna say! Good job. If I give you a bucket of KFC, I no longer have a bucket of KFC.
Under your logic, it would be morally permissible to take someone's idea and benefit from it without the original creator benefiting from it. If 100% of people pirate, why make games?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:35:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use Content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive, abusive, that would violate another person's rights, constitute or encourage a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulation, or that is otherwise inappropriate."
~TOS
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 10:08:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:33:51 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"This is blatantly false. You can distribute the game as you wish when you purchase it. Ebay probably already has people reselling the games, and this is morally permissible and legal. When I purchase KFC, I can give it to whomever I wish, it is not a crime for my parents to give me the KFC they purchase or the video game that they purchase."
You guessed what I was gonna say! Good job. If I give you a bucket of KFC, I no longer have a bucket of KFC.
So? Why do I have to incur a loss in order to share something that I own with others? There is no basis for this in property rights theory. I do not have to lose something in order to give a gift.
Under your logic, it would be morally permissible to take someone's idea and benefit from it without the original creator benefiting from it. If 100% of people pirate, why make games?

Plenty of people create freeware. I could point you to hundreds of games on Portableapps.com that the makers created for free distribution.

Moreover, even if the incentive would not exist, that does not mean we should violate the property rights of the new owners.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 10:09:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:35:25 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use Content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive, abusive, that would violate another person's rights, constitute or encourage a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulation, or that is otherwise inappropriate."
~TOS

Good thing that my post is not unlawful,obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive, or abusive, does not itself constitute a criminal offense, does not itself give rise to civil liability, and does not itself violate any laws.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 11:55:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:35:25 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use Content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive, abusive, that would violate another person's rights, constitute or encourage a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulation, or that is otherwise inappropriate."
~TOS
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 11:59:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 10:08:40 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:33:51 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"This is blatantly false. You can distribute the game as you wish when you purchase it. Ebay probably already has people reselling the games, and this is morally permissible and legal. When I purchase KFC, I can give it to whomever I wish, it is not a crime for my parents to give me the KFC they purchase or the video game that they purchase."
You guessed what I was gonna say! Good job. If I give you a bucket of KFC, I no longer have a bucket of KFC.
So? Why do I have to incur a loss in order to share something that I own with others? There is no basis for this in property rights theory. I do not have to lose something in order to give a gift.
Because you buy a single copy. You are not given the right to make more by the IP owner.
Under your logic, it would be morally permissible to take someone's idea and benefit from it without the original creator benefiting from it. If 100% of people pirate, why make games?

Plenty of people create freeware. I could point you to hundreds of games on Portableapps.com that the makers created for free distribution.
Show me a free game that cost thousands upon thousands to make.
Moreover, even if the incentive would not exist, that does not mean we should violate the property rights of the new owners.
Necessary evil.
Moreover, you have the right to pirate until an entity (the software creator) has the right to take your rights away.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:01:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Please don't use a game with ads or microtransactions either. Show me a game with no way of making profit.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:06:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:55:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:35:25 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use Content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive, abusive, that would violate another person's rights, constitute or encourage a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulation, or that is otherwise inappropriate."
~TOS

How did my post encourage criminal behavior again? Did I tell other people to pirate?
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:13:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:59:41 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/11/2012 10:08:40 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:33:51 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"This is blatantly false. You can distribute the game as you wish when you purchase it. Ebay probably already has people reselling the games, and this is morally permissible and legal. When I purchase KFC, I can give it to whomever I wish, it is not a crime for my parents to give me the KFC they purchase or the video game that they purchase."
You guessed what I was gonna say! Good job. If I give you a bucket of KFC, I no longer have a bucket of KFC.
So? Why do I have to incur a loss in order to share something that I own with others? There is no basis for this in property rights theory. I do not have to lose something in order to give a gift.
Because you buy a single copy. You are not given the right to make more by the IP owner.
Since it's my copy, I can do anything I want to it, including destroying it, copying it, etc. It's not a rental; it's a purchase.
Under your logic, it would be morally permissible to take someone's idea and benefit from it without the original creator benefiting from it. If 100% of people pirate, why make games?

Plenty of people create freeware. I could point you to hundreds of games on Portableapps.com that the makers created for free distribution.
Show me a free game that cost thousands upon thousands to make.
I don't know how much any games cost to make, although I would wager that some kids sites that offer free games cost thousands of dollars to program (since they're probably flash), maintain, provide people accounts for, etc.
Moreover, even if the incentive would not exist, that does not mean we should violate the property rights of the new owners.
Necessary evil.
Rights are supposed to be inviolable. We can never strip people of their rights regardless of the necessity.
Moreover, you have the right to pirate until an entity (the software creator) has the right to take your rights away.
So if rights are based on force, then do you concede that I have done nothing wrong? Like, if rights are totally arbitrary and are just based on who can force people to do things, how does piracy violate property rights? Those property rights can't exist until force makes them exist, and force makes them exist after the "violation" occurs. Your own position contradicts your argument.

Bossy, I bet you've used things for free that cost other people money in the past. Admit it
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:15:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 12:06:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:55:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:35:25 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use Content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive, abusive, that would violate another person's rights, constitute or encourage a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulation, or that is otherwise inappropriate."
~TOS

How did my post encourage criminal behavior again? Did I tell other people to pirate?

Giving someone an ice cream cone doesn't encourage them to eat it?
Also, if I bowed to the law I wouldn't be in support of free abandonware, would I?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:20:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Bossy, I bet you've used things for free that cost other people money in the past. Admit it"
Like what? I've used wifi at Starbucks... That's not be same. The owner of the wifi let me use it with consent.

When you buy something, you sign a contract.
If you think that the contract is unjust, don't use the product. Simple economics: if something isn't profitable it gets changed. You, my dear, are not entitled to anything.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:23:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 12:15:32 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/11/2012 12:06:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:55:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:35:25 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use Content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive, abusive, that would violate another person's rights, constitute or encourage a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulation, or that is otherwise inappropriate."
~TOS

How did my post encourage criminal behavior again? Did I tell other people to pirate?

Giving someone an ice cream cone doesn't encourage them to eat it?
I didn't give anybody the ROM. I didn't post any links for the ROM. I simply said that I had found the ROM. This is analogous to telling people that I ate ice cream; that does not encourage them to eat it. Rather, it is a statement of fact.
Also, if I bowed to the law I wouldn't be in support of free abandonware, would I?

So, you do support pirating when it benefits you.