Total Posts:93|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A Not So Quaint Town DP 3

Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 7:10:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It was a somber, if dapper, face that greeted London in the morning.

"Good morning London, this is Cedric Prescott, and we must begin our broadcast with the death of the Head Inspector, Mary Wiltshire. Ms. Wiltshire was a tireless worker, who did not demand of others, to do what she knew she could do. Tragically, this penchant for doing it herself meant she was alone last night. Somebody killed her last night. The cause of death, and whom might have done it is currently unknown. Police are investigating as we speak.

Senator Drey offered his condolences for Ms. Wiltshire's death, praising her ' indefatigable attitude in a time of crisis' . The Senator proceeded to reinforce the need for strong action in the face of growing Alliance splinter groups. He stated that 'we can't tolerate murders. We can't let the law fall, and London descend into anarchy ' . He later proposed a curfew for all non-magicians, which was met with widespread Alliance protests.

Also, the lovely Halette Devereaux was killed during the night. This young, vivacious lady never stood a chance most likely. Her soothing voice was clearly not enough to dissuade her attacker.

Meanwhile, noted anti-tax campaginer Jerry Mondor proclaimed that taxation 'was an evil of no equal' , and promptly committed suicide as a martyr for his cause. The government has issued no official statement regarding the matter.

And in a cracking football match..."

Social - Mary Wiltshire " You"re the leader of Scotland Yard"s prestigious police force. You"re the head inspector. You win with the town.

Medic - Halette Devereaux " My vivacious and charming young lady, you soothe so very effectively. You are the soothsayer " every odd NP soothe a player and they will lack the ability to commit any act of violence for that night and the next one. People won"t be aware that they have been soothed though. You win with the town.

Living Players

1. Maxx
2. caveat
3. Medic (replaced Detectable Ninja as per replacement policy)
4. BlackVoid
5. SportsGuru
6. FourTrouble
7. Johnnyboy (pending replacement by Social)
8. F-16
9. IFLY
10. OneElephant

It takes 6 votes to lynch.

Also, the new DP time limit is 72 hours. Night phases will stay the same. Extensions will still be offered for DPs, but only if significant activity is shown. Please do not let this game descend into inactivity.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 7:34:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I figure we need, ideally in order:

* SG to state who he guarded
* BV to say which death was his doing, justification for that choice
* DN's replacement to say who he tracked
* iFly to give the results of his investigation
* Reporters to talk about anything they can now that wasn't included in the report

I'm really curious what spinko's role was, as inspector, that would be different than cop. I'd highly suspect iFly right now if not for everything that went down last DP - I don't think there's any way that could have possibly been staged. I'll withhold suspicion for now as I think uninfluenced results/info from the above list are more immediately helpful.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:24:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think we should get the remaining claims first. I'd like BV to justify his kill but other than that, the results can wait until we get the remaining claims - especially the tracker results. The unclaimed players are much more suspicious/inactive at this point. I'll make a Drafterlist.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 9:10:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:24:49 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I think we should get the remaining claims first. I'd like BV to justify his kill but other than that, the results can wait until we get the remaining claims - especially the tracker results. The unclaimed players are much more suspicious/inactive at this point. I'll make a Drafterlist.

I replaced Dninja and the tracker action from last night was waived, he didn't turn in an action.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 11:37:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well we should definitely be careful about voting. With fourteen players originally, I expect at least four scum. That puts us at MYLO. And without a doc, mafia win if they manage to mislynch today. Johnny's replacement should claim as soon as he is replaced.

I investigated Social.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:16:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Avenge me damnit.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:48:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 12:25:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Spinko, you are supposed to be replacing johnny, so do that and claim. We are waiting on unclaimed but especially on Johnny.

Did Logic tell you that before or after the DP started?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:49:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 12:25:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Spinko, you are supposed to be replacing johnny, so do that and claim. We are waiting on unclaimed but especially on Johnny.

He said I might replace him. But I haven't replaced him yet.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 1:47:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 12:48:12 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 10/11/2012 12:25:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Spinko, you are supposed to be replacing johnny, so do that and claim. We are waiting on unclaimed but especially on Johnny.

Did Logic tell you that before or after the DP started?

It is in the OP but it says "pending." I assumed Logic was waiting for Social to log on to confirm.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 2:56:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 1:47:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/11/2012 12:48:12 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 10/11/2012 12:25:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Spinko, you are supposed to be replacing johnny, so do that and claim. We are waiting on unclaimed but especially on Johnny.

Did Logic tell you that before or after the DP started?

It is in the OP but it says "pending." I assumed Logic was waiting for Social to log on to confirm.

Ok I see now. I guess we wait for Social to receive his new role.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:40:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I killed Spinko :/

The rationale was that, even though I wasn't very confident about anyone, I had to kill somebody. It pretty much came down to: Spinko, Johnny, OneE, or SG. My whole FOS on OneE last DP was 100% fabricated. I knew we would VTNL last DP so I just went and FOS'd someone I didn't really have a read on and hoped that if he was town, mafia would think I'm killing him and not RB/kill me. Then I picked someone else to shoot. The fact then that I wasn't RB'd or anything leads me to believe that OneE is town after all. Johnny and SG have both been inactive, so the only thing I really had to go on was Spinko's indirect defense of FT. My bad...

all the unclaimed should claim obviously.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:42:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Since its MYLO assuming 4 mafia, we should get all the claims out and then VTNL. We're guaranteed another DP, we get a night of results, and the mafia take out someone, which is 1 less person to suspect.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:46:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I like that :)

I was just about to get really pissed off if you had tried to get OneE lynched today when you could have killed him last night - that would indicate you were an SK who didn't want to kill the ML targets. Anyways, we can safely say that OneE is likely town or mafia don't have a roleblocker. Come to think of it, has anyone been roleblocked - at all? I would expect IFLY to be roleblocked since he was the cop or maybe DNinja/Medic (2) but he forfeited. Without a roleblocker, we can't say OneE is confirmed but I was never particularly suspicious of OneE. It is just as likely Caveat or Johnny (Spinko2) could be mafia so I'll wait for their roleclaims. Drafterlist in a bit.

Also, my report last night was obviously about SG. I don't know for certain his affiliation but "mean looking figure" was something that Logic told me and when I realized DN tracked him to me, I thought he might be mafia framer or something of that sort considering I pushed a mislynch the DP before.

Anyways, let's wait for Caveat, Johnny, and then Maxx to claim and we can go from there.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:48:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 3:42:21 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Since its MYLO assuming 4 mafia, we should get all the claims out and then VTNL. We're guaranteed another DP, we get a night of results, and the mafia take out someone, which is 1 less person to suspect.

What?? What if mafia have a poli? That is worst idea I've heard. FOS BV - again.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:48:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 3:46:32 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Also, my report last night was obviously about SG. I don't know for certain his affiliation but "mean looking figure" was something that Logic told me and when I realized DN tracked him to me, I thought he might be mafia framer or something of that sort considering I pushed a mislynch the DP before.

Um, whoa.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:51:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 3:48:11 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/11/2012 3:42:21 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Since its MYLO assuming 4 mafia, we should get all the claims out and then VTNL. We're guaranteed another DP, we get a night of results, and the mafia take out someone, which is 1 less person to suspect.

What?? What if mafia have a poli? That is worst idea I've heard. FOS BV - again.

1. There have been no polis.
2. The town did what I just suggested in MQMQM, and it was helpful. Thats why it was suggested.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:54:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dead players

1) FT(1) - Ylena Fern- Miller (with conditions) - TOWN
2) Mestari - Jeremy Doyle - Reporter - TOWN
3) Spinko(1) - Mary Wiltshir - Head Inspector - TOWN
4) Medic - Halette Devereaux - Soothsayer (NP1: Chooses HCP/FT(2)) - TOWN

Role Claims

1) Sports - Banquo - Bodyguard (NP1: Protects F-16)
2) Medic (2)/DNinja - Susan Remona - Tracker (NP1: Tracks SG to F-16, NP2: Forfeit)
3) F-16 - Howard Beale - Reporter
4) FT(2) - ?????? - Reporter
5) BlackVoid - Ex-Admiral William Callahan - Even Vig (NP2: Shoots Spinko)
6) OneE - Annabelle Montaine - Vanilla
7) IFLY - Professor Maxwell Drey - Cop/character cop (NP1: Inno on Maxx, NP2: checks Social)

Character Claims

8) caveat - Roberto Sancal
9) Maxx - Fiaro

No Claims

10) Spinko (2) / Johnny
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:56:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 3:51:03 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

1. There have been no polis.

If the mafia have a poli, they most certainly wouldn't reveal that info but would hide it.

2. The town did what I just suggested in MQMQM, and it was helpful. Thats why it was suggested.

Okay, fair enough. Let's not do it now though. I mean, really, we got to find scum. I don't see the purpose of wasting a day phase (let's just find scum tomorrow, shall we, idea). I mean, IFLY is probably going to die and we are back at square 1, so exactly how is going to be helpful? Sure, Medic(2) could get a track result, but besides that, I don't see any useful investigative roles left.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:59:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mafia poli is a big "if" considering how powerful it is (I probably won't use one after seeing how strong it was in Countries), but ok. We'll be conservative.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 4:08:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So this is what you wrote:

At 10/9/2012 1:27:27 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

As I kept walking home, something strange happenned. I realized that I was being followed by an imposing, mean looking figure. A closer look told me that the figure was unarmed. However, I figured out that it had been following me for a while. Suddenly, it had stopped. I was certain that the figure was going to the train station.
Without warning, there was a loud sound of someone or something falling to the ground. I couldn't hear anything more. It's possible I was the target. I consider myself lucky to escape whatever mess has just occurred

Note 1: The figure is described as "mean". That could fit BGs, who generally are considered intimidating.

Note 2: However, the figure is unarmed. Bodyguards generally guard people with weapons. In Logic games specifically, they use swords. Logic has written a couple OP scenes involving BG's that feature long drawn-out sword fights.

Note 3: The figure also caused a "mess".

I guess this could be F-16 being followed by a bodyguard and not knowing it, but the scene seems to imply that whatever happened was bad.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 4:23:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 3:42:57 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
@Ifly, why Spinko?

I took my biggest FOS out of the inactives(Social), my two biggest FOS's(OneE, Johnny), and entered them in an RNG generator. I received the number three which so happened to correspond Social.

The reason I suspected Social last DP is because his FOS on Medic was kind of sketchy. He wasn't a huge suspect of mine, but I did want to include at least one inactive into the RNG generator. The reason being is because Logic said "We all want a game where people face off and best each other, not one where the opposition crumbles under a tide of absence." This to me indicates at least one inactive mafiasco if not more.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 4:39:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 4:37:14 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Where did logic say that?

Last page of DP2. I think it is where he gave the final vote count.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 5:06:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 4:47:49 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Funny how Social confirmed he would replace Johnny and then immediately proceeds to go offline.

How is that funny? I hadn't replaced anyone yet so why stay online?

Anyways I'm Francis Williams, vengeful townie. If I die I have to kill someone who was on my lynch.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 5:10:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 5:06:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/11/2012 4:47:49 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Funny how Social confirmed he would replace Johnny and then immediately proceeds to go offline.

How is that funny? I hadn't replaced anyone yet so why stay online?

Anyways I'm Francis Williams, vengeful townie. If I die I have to kill someone who was on my lynch.

How interesting. I don't buy it considering BV's role. That gives town about two killing roles while Logic as a mod usually does not include a lot of town killing roles. Death-in-Mystere - none
Golden Garden - 25% vig who has a 50% chance of killing himself
Blaise Massacre - Augmented flavored PGO

So, yeah, not a lot of town killing roles.

No doubt, we should lynch you today. Then if you really are town, pick someone who you think is mafia to kill. If you want them to vote you, we can all make sure they do so.