Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Celebrities Endgame

BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 4:02:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mafia wins!

___

First place: Mafia (Budda, Spinko, Drafter)
Second place: Town
___

Town roles:

Mark Zuckerberg - Mason recruiter

Charles Manson - Mason recruiter

OJ Simpson - Popular townie

Will Smith - Fake claimer

Oprah Winfrey - Giver

Justin Bieber - Delayed innocent child

James Holmes - Judge

Obama - Investigates Evil characters

Jerry Sandusky - RBer

Lil Wayne - Vanilla

Casey Anthony - Bulletproof

___

Mafia roles:

Osama Bin Laden - x1 Recruit, Bomb

Michael Jackson - Even-ninja, Death GF for 1 DP

_______

Daytona - OJ Simpson - you're a notorious ex-football player known for controversially being acquitted of murdering your wife. Everyone knows you did it, but the evidence was all circumstantial and therefore not enough to convict you. It also helped that you hired top-flight attourneys and left minimal evidence of your crime. Those 2 factors make it difficult to incriminate you and put you away, and you are therefore the Popular Townie and take an extra vote to lynch. You win with the town.

Drafter - Charles Manson - extremely popular criminal, known for brainwashing several young girls into joining the "Manson Family" and convicing them to kill innocent people. You were able to do so because you're a master manipulator, able to coerce anyone into joining your cause and performing evil acts. You are the Mason Recruiter and can recruit any player each night. You win with the town.

FT - Mark Zuckerberg - you're the founder of Facebook, the most dominant social networking site on the internet. Your site specializes in bringing people from all over the world into one place and being a facilitator for open communication. This makes you the Mason Recruiter. You are required to recruit one player (mafia included) each night. You win with the town.

Royal - Jerry Sandusky - as the ex defensive coordinator of Penn State University, you were found guilty of 45 counts of child molestation. Your pedophilic actions caused severe trauma to the victims, but nothing lethal. Each night, you are required to sodomize (roleblock) one person. You win with the town.

Ifly - James Eagan Holmes - you are the movie theatre shooter, who famously killed 24 people in an Aurora theatre, and are being defended on the basis of insanity. Charges against you include: 24 counts of first-degree murder, 145 counts of attempted murder, and possession of explosive devices. Each night I will use RNG to assign you a player. You may use your murderous tendencies to decide whether to kill them or let them walk. You win with the town.

F-16 - Will Smith - one of the most famous actors of this generation. In this game you must do just as you do in real life: pretend to be another person. You are required to fake claim a character and role (except vanilla). You win with the town.

Chicken - Oprah Winfrey - you're arguable the most powerful and wealthy female in the world. Your talk show was big, but you're also known for massive donations to charity, giving people on your show gifts, and giving people with unfortunant pasts an oppurtinity at a new life. Each night you may give out one of the following x1 items: Track, Track, Watch. You win with the town.

Airmax - Justin Bieber - you're the most popular pop singer of this generation and arguably the most popular singer, period, right now. Despite being 18, your face and voice still appears to be younger, almost childlike. You also aren't involved in any scandals, drug addictions, or crime like so many other Hollywood stars these days. For these reasons, you are the (delayed) Innocent Child. I will confirm your innocence in the OP of DP6. You win with the town.

Johnny - Lil' Wayne - uh, why are you famous again? You're probably the most popular rapper today behind Eminem, yet you take a lot of heat from many rap and non-rap fans alike because your lyrics tend to be repetitive and lack substantive content. You also sing about drugs, murders, and sex, just like 20,000 other rappers. For these reasons you are vanilla and have no powers. You win with the town.

Medic - Barack Obama - president of the United States, and most powerful man in the world. You have all kinds of resources at your disposal including the FBI, Secret Service, and numerous other investigators. Each night you can use these to investigate one person, and you will get results if they are an "evil" charactert. If they are not an evil character, you will get no results. You win with the town.

Zaradi - Casey Anthony - in one of the most well-known trials of all time, you were found not guilty of killing your 2 year-old daughter. The public and media erupted in a frenzy because common sense told us that you did it. As a result, there's a lot of people out there that would love to get at you and kill you, but its not possible because you have been essentially in hiding an undisclosed location since the trial. Nobody knows where you are, so nobody can kill you. You are Bulletproof. You win with the town.

Spinko - Osama Bin Laden - you're the ex-leader of Al Qaeda and orchestrator of multiple terrorist attacks. To recruit new members, a focus of Al Qaeda is to brainwash people, showing them hours of footage of atrocities committed by the Western world, and this convinces many people to join your fight against them. You therefore have a x1 recruit that you must use on NP1 (if you're somehow lynched DP1, its passed on). And since your coordinated attacks tend to rely on suicide bombings, you are also a Bomb. You win with the mafia.

Budda - Michael Jackson - the king of Pop, and arguably the most well-known dancer/performer of all time. Your dance moves are extremely slick and make little noise, so in light of your song "Smooth Criminal", you are a Ninja on even nights. Additionally, while in life you had to deal with allegations of child molestation, in death such things have been largely forgotten, and your legacy is clean. You will appear innocent upon death from the time you die until 2 DP's later, when your guilt will be revealed. You win with the mafia.

___

Thoughts:


Disclaimer: While I appreciated Chicken's high activity level in the later DPs, I'm definently not letting any newbs into the game again after he broke the c/p rule and basically cost town the game :/

First some mechanic explanations: I think this game came off as more complicated than it really was. The town/mafia brightline was dead vs alive, not good vs evil, so thats why there were evil people on the town. If Spinko were lynched, or Budda lynched earlier, that would have been apparent.

Budda would have flipped as mafia had the game gone on another DP. His showing inno on death only lasted for one DP.

The mafia didn't have any confirmable roles other than the recruit.

The only real craziness was due to Budda's slip in the mason PM, and in a ridiculous coincidence, he was also the temporary Death Godfather. That kind of confused people. F-16 figured out that that was the most likely possibility though.

Chicken c/p'd his role on the last DP, which cost the town the game because had he stayed alive there would have been another DP. He also fake-claimed Vanilla for whatever reason.

I mean if you look at the roles, its not that weird of the game, and I don't want people to think it was (F-16 suspected I was bastard modding halfway through). Just some crazy coincidences happeneing which complicated things.

About the roles:

The town had 5 roles that I expected people to read as town with minimal diffiiculty: The Giver, Evil Cop, Vig, Popular townie, and Vanilla (since there usually is one). The rest were either unconfirmable (mostly) or designed MLs.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 4:03:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The mason recruiters...honestly, I thought everyone would figure out they're both town in the end. It obviously makes no sense for them both to be mafia. Making 1 scum and 1 town also makes no sense because if thats the case, thats handing the town 1 mafia out of 2 people on a silver platter - too pro-town. The most plausible explanation is that they're both inno and designed mislynches. Some people advanced the theory that one of them is Cult, which I didn't expect, and it COULD be possible, but still unlikely. Cults usually don't exist in small games.

The town wasn't strong, but neither was the mafia. They had to mislynch 3 people to win, and thats after a VTNL on DP1. If they lost just one person, they'd have to take it down to 4 people to win at 2 vs 2. To combat the numbers disadvantage, I made Spinko a Bomb.

I'll talk more about how this game played out later when I have more time. Long story short, Spinko played great outside of the slip on his claim, F-16 didn't capitalize on the scum catches he made early (nailing Budda and Spinko on DP1, although F-16 still did alright overall), and the town triple-modkill overcomes Budda's super-duper slip.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 8:44:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good game BlackVoid, thanks for hosting. Town (especially me) made a lot of mistakes that led to our loss. Lynching Daytona after Chicken copy-pasted his role was probably the game-losing decision since the whole point about utilitarianism no longer applied since we were down one player. Spinko played really well. Pushing FT's lynch probably also lost us the game. I played horribly. If Drafter was recruited, Spinko and budda were the initial mafia and I can't believe I let the advantage slip so much after suspecting them both DP1. Sorry, FT for not believing you.

Overall, I think the game was balanced. Don't stop newbs from playing any games. It could be said that if not for the c/p from Chicken, town would have won but then, I slipped as well on DP1 resulting in a modkill so he didn't make any mistakes that I didn't make myself. Also, mafia slipped as well leading to two mafia lynches. Overall, with all the slips, the game just became a bit crazy but I'll say the primary reason for a mafia win was Spinko's explanation for why he got results on a dead person. He got me to believe that BV would give him results anyways (I believed it because it seemed to me like BV was doing really crazy things like bastard modding (I was wrong) ) and he got the win. Great job Spinko. I don't know if it was my terrible play or Spinko's great play but I'd like to think it was the latter that decided the game.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 10:27:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I honestly felt F-16 had to be scum after pushing for FT's lynch so hard. Disregarding FT's lynch though, he did great. F-16 was also the one that made me reevaluate Johnny's behavior. Good thing too because I had the option to kill him that night(Was that really chance BV?) I thought I caught Airmax contradicting himself, but I guess not.

The game had some interesting mechanics. Though I never really understood why the masons were considered a cc or were being called cult. I have never seen scum fake claim mason recruiter.

GG.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 10:43:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
IFLY, you were obvious town. (This game is probably the first time I called someone obvious town despite them trying to lead a DP1 lynch on me). Now your challenge is going to be fooling players when you are scum. Can you play the same way? :)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:09:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Awesome game. I really didn't think we would win. We started with two people and recruited Drafter. But after Budda slipped and got him and Drafter both lynched I thought the game was all over. Dp5 was pretty intense from my point of view, I think I barely got off. I was planning on killing Airmax in the Np and then trying to get Chicken to mis-lynch F-399. I thought it was doable, too bad we'll never know since Chicken C/P'd. Good setup Bv, really good play F-69.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:19:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just realized that if we hadn't pushed Daytona to copy-paste his role, town would have won. Because, once Chicken was mod-killed, his vote wouldn't count towards Daytona's lynch. That means there would be four players left. Spinko, Airmax, me and Daytona. We no lynch since utility no longer applies. Spinko kills Daytona. Airmax and I lynch Spinko. Or Spinko kills Airmax, Daytona cannot be lynched and we lynch Spinko so that's what lost us the game. Although, I think there were plenty of slips on both sides which caused a mess but they were all player generated. I think the game from a mod's perspective was very good - interesting.

@ Mafia, why choose Drafter?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:21:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I mean, IFLY was obvious town to everyone and would give you an extra kill each night since apparently the recruit can keep his original role. I'd have recruited IFLY.
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:27:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sorry guys :( Didn't mean to mess up the game
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:30:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It was my fault town lost. I was too aggressive DP5, and I should have had common courtesy and not have C/Pd.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:33:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 11:30:12 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
It was my fault town lost. I was too aggressive DP5, and I should have had common courtesy and not have C/Pd.

No, Mine was blatant, Sorry everyone (Daytona/Spinko/F-32197383/Airmaxx) for Ruining the endgame :(
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:36:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 11:33:27 AM, Chicken wrote:
At 10/14/2012 11:30:12 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
It was my fault town lost. I was too aggressive DP5, and I should have had common courtesy and not have C/Pd.

No, Mine was blatant, Sorry everyone (Daytona/Spinko/F-32197383/Airmaxx) for Ruining the endgame :(

No, it really was my fault. You played an excellent 1st game Chicken.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 12:23:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 11:21:03 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I mean, IFLY was obvious town to everyone and would give you an extra kill each night since apparently the recruit can keep his original role. I'd have recruited IFLY.

Killing abilties werent able to be kept, so we just went with a sneaky mafioso. You likely would have been recruited if not for being dead NP1. Overall GG, frustrating seeing what was actually an excellent game be thrown off track by slips, mine included of course.

Gpod job BV. By the way F-16 you have no idea how much effort goes solely into refuting just you when ypu lr town, and I'm mafia lol. People will sheep you for nearly anything, and playing against that is just plain hard XD

Oh yes, and now three times as mafia, i immediately pressure FT DP1, I think i need to stop lest people begin considering it a tell
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 1:57:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Actually, I made a small mistake.

This game actually ends in a DRAW

Spinko and F-16 are the last players. However, Spinko can't be lynched and F-16 can't be killed.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 3:42:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 3:40:53 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I cannot believe social was not lynched. I honestly cannot believe it.

I'm not sure I even understand what convinced town to not lynch social... did you guys really think social didn't realize who had been lynched on DP2?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 4:02:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 3:42:20 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 10/14/2012 3:40:53 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I cannot believe social was not lynched. I honestly cannot believe it.

I'm not sure I even understand what convinced town to not lynch social... did you guys really think social didn't realize who had been lynched on DP2?

I thought BV was bastard modding. That, and the fact that if we hadn't lynched Daytona, then and if he was mafia, it would have been game over. Lynching Daytona was playing it safe. I didn't think he was mafia but I took my best shot based on the numbers without accounting for the mod-kill - which was the epic fail of the day.