Total Posts:158|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A Not So Quaint Town DP 4

Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 1:54:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Cedric Prescott sat in his chair, notes in front of him.

"Good morning London. This morning we cover the shocking revelation of Francis Williams true discovery, and how this vindicates the Anti-Magicians Alliance. We then cover the shocking death of Howard Beale. I swear, he was just like his namesake in that Network. [yes, out of timeline reference] And later, we cover that noble Banquo, whom laid down his life, for a cause unknown, and totally irrelevant to modern London.

Firstly, to 'Francis Williams' .

As we reported yesterday, Mr. Williams responded with lethal force to a police attempt to arrest him, utilising magic and showcasing amazing ability in close armed combat. However, upon his death, after the final (not preliminary) results were discovered by police, it was discovered that it was not the Alliance that was responsible for the recent horrors. It was the Keido Group. This shocking news emboldened Senator Drey to demand a curfew for the whole city. Protesters are questioning why Senator Drey is being allowed to introduce security measures of such a draconian nature. Does Senator Drey have an ulterior motive? Some folks think so.

Last night Howard Beale was murdered. He was reported to scream "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" before being silenced, and killed. A tragic death for an unusual face of our public media.

And finally, the noble Banquo did bequeath his life in combat, against demons unforeseen in our time. Noble Banquo did stand against the tide so strongly, but his life was arrested by a terrible supernatural force of indescribable power. A tragic end."

Social - Richard Harbrook " You are a man with refined tastes and an appreciation of many things that the majority of people are ignorant of, as well as being a man who detests overzealous ideologues. It"s for this reason that you"d like a certain degree of control over people, and that"s why you"re the head of a major media corporation " The Keido Group, an international conglomerate of people like you who understand the world as it should be.

However, magicians are a destabilising force. At least, you and The Keido Group think so. You want to eradicate rival magicians, and you are using the sentiment created by the Anti-Magicians Alliance (a separate entity, and not a rival affiliation - doesn't exist in this game) as a cover for your activities. Note "rival" " you"d like to have a monopoly over magical powers. It"d be brilliant for business, as well as advancing the world in terms of peace, fairness and the like. In the past magicians were needed, but modern technology has eliminated that need, and it"s time to strike.

Being the sort of man you are, you know that image is crucial to success, and that"s why you maintain a prim and proper image. You appear innocent to investigation and are a magician yourself " you use this ability to frame or lawyer a person each night. You win with The Keido Group.

F-16 - Howard Beale " The mad prophet of the airwaves, you"re a rather "unconventional" reporter to put it mildly; not the traditional news reporter, and not even trying to fake tradition somewhat like a sensationalist reporter. This was after you were nearly fired for your share dropping from 16% to 12%. The horror! You are a reporter (see below) . You win with the town.

And the role everybody knows from my mistake...

SportsGuru - Banquo " Noble that you are, you would gladly lay down your life for another. You are the bodyguard " intervene in a struggle each night. You will be killed in any ensuing struggle though. You will save your target though. You win with the town.

I've compensated for the supernatural force of violence that is yours truly, whatever has been done is done. For instance, I will be acting as if there is one more player than there exists when noting the number of votes required for a lynch. I do apologise for the entire incident, although Sportsguru was rather inactive to say the least.

Living Players

1. Maxx
2. caveat
3. Medic
4. BlackVoid
5. FourTrouble
6. IFLY
7. OneElephant

It takes 5 votes to lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 3:36:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, it seems likely that I will die tonight. Out of all the roles Logic could have modkilled, he modkills the only protective role left. Fantastic. Anyways, I investigated Caveat. The problem is that Logic didn't tell me if he is inno/guilty. When I asked for my results, he just said that my "question is noted". Obviously I have been roleblocked which pretty much condemns Caveat. It also seems he lied last DP about his abilities. The only thing I am afraid of is if we let Blackvoid live and he is mafia vig, mafia may be able to gain the majority tonight if there is three scum left...

I'll check back in tomorrow.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 9:31:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dead players

1) FT(1) - Ylena Fern- Miller (with conditions) - TOWN
2) Mestari - Jeremy Doyle - Reporter - TOWN
3) Spinko(1) - Mary Wiltshir - Head Inspector - TOWN
4) Medic - Halette Devereaux - Soothsayer (NP1: Chooses HCP/FT(2)) - TOWN
10) Spinko (2) / Johnny- MAFIA
1) Sports - Banquo - Bodyguard- TOWN
3) F-16 - Howard Beale - Reporter- TOWN

Role Claims

2) Medic (2)/DNinja - Susan Remona - Tracker (NP1: Tracks SG to F-16, NP2: Forfeit, NP3: Tracks F-16 (died))
4) FT(2) - ?????? - Reporter
5) BlackVoid - Ex-Admiral William Callahan - Even Vig (NP2: Shoots Spinko)
6) OneE - Annabelle Montaine - Vanilla
7) IFLY - Professor Maxwell Drey - Cop/character cop (NP1: Inno on Maxx, NP2: checks Social, NP3: Roleblocked)

Character Claims

8) caveat - Roberto Sancal
9) Maxx - Fiaro
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 10:23:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 9:31:48 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Dead players

1) FT(1) - Ylena Fern- Miller (with conditions) - TOWN
2) Mestari - Jeremy Doyle - Reporter - TOWN
3) Spinko(1) - Mary Wiltshir - Head Inspector - TOWN
4) Medic - Halette Devereaux - Soothsayer (NP1: Chooses HCP/FT(2)) - TOWN
10) Spinko (2) / Johnny- MAFIA
1) Sports - Banquo - Bodyguard- TOWN
3) F-16 - Howard Beale - Reporter- TOWN

Role Claims

2) Medic (2)/DNinja - Susan Remona - Tracker (NP1: Tracks SG to F-16, NP2: Forfeit, NP3: Tracks F-16 (died))
4) FT(2) - ?????? - Reporter
5) BlackVoid - Ex-Admiral William Callahan - Even Vig (NP2: Shoots Spinko)
6) OneE - Annabelle Montaine - Vanilla
7) IFLY - Professor Maxwell Drey - Cop/character cop (NP1: Inno on Maxx, NP2: checks Social, NP3: Roleblocked)
8) caveat - Roberto Sancal- Roleblocker (NP1 and 2 passed, NP3: ??
9) Maxx - Fiaro- Paper Shuffler ??


Fixed

Caveat did you block IFH last night??
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 3:59:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 3:36:56 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Well, it seems likely that I will die tonight. Out of all the roles Logic could have modkilled, he modkills the only protective role left. Fantastic. Anyways, I investigated Caveat. The problem is that Logic didn't tell me if he is inno/guilty. When I asked for my results, he just said that my "question is noted". Obviously I have been roleblocked which pretty much condemns Caveat. It also seems he lied last DP about his abilities. The only thing I am afraid of is if we let Blackvoid live and he is mafia vig, mafia may be able to gain the majority tonight if there is three scum left...

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Personally I feel that both Caveat and BV are mafia at this point. That said I think it makes more sense to take BV out today before the vig ability comes into play tonight. I'm super busy and can't go into more detail at the moment, but I'll check back in at some point here and try to actually, finally, make an articulated case against BV ;)
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 5:12:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 10:23:18 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/17/2012 9:31:48 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Dead players

1) FT(1) - Ylena Fern- Miller (with conditions) - TOWN
2) Mestari - Jeremy Doyle - Reporter - TOWN
3) Spinko(1) - Mary Wiltshir - Head Inspector - TOWN
4) Medic - Halette Devereaux - Soothsayer (NP1: Chooses HCP/FT(2)) - TOWN
10) Spinko (2) / Johnny- MAFIA
1) Sports - Banquo - Bodyguard- TOWN
3) F-16 - Howard Beale - Reporter- TOWN

Role Claims

2) Medic (2)/DNinja - Susan Remona - Tracker (NP1: Tracks SG to F-16, NP2: Forfeit, NP3: Tracks F-16 (died))
4) FT(2) - ?????? - Reporter
5) BlackVoid - Ex-Admiral William Callahan - Even Vig (NP2: Shoots Spinko)
6) OneE - Annabelle Montaine - Vanilla
7) IFLY - Professor Maxwell Drey - Cop/character cop (NP1: Inno on Maxx, NP2: checks Social, NP3: Roleblocked)
8) caveat - Roberto Sancal- Roleblocker (NP1 and 2 passed, NP3: ??
9) Maxx - Fiaro- Paper Shuffler ??


Fixed

Caveat did you block IFH last night??

No.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 5:46:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@Caveat- Who did you roleblock?

Also, why did neither F-16 or FT give a report yesterday? I'm thinking maybe we should clear some things up before lynching Caveat.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 5:51:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 4:35:39 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Anyone remember when BV claimed??

DP2
http://debate.org...

In fact, I'm having doubts about Caveat. Why would he roleblock me as mafia knowing he might get lynched for it? If mafia was so worried I might investigate one of them, wouldn't the better choice be to rb the bodyguard and kill me once and for all? Something just feels off about this. I'm thinking there might be an additional roleblocker in this game.
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:18:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This story is really quite similar to the events in Korra, actually.

Um, I think Caveat is probably mafia based on role. When did he role claim again?
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:19:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 6:18:09 PM, OneElephant wrote:
This story is really quite similar to the events in Korra, actually.

Um, I think Caveat is probably mafia based on role. When did he role claim again?

Wut? Why would you ask what his role is while at the same time FOS him because of his role?
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:20:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 6:19:51 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 10/17/2012 6:18:09 PM, OneElephant wrote:
This story is really quite similar to the events in Korra, actually.

Um, I think Caveat is probably mafia based on role. When did he role claim again?

Wut? Why would you ask what his role is while at the same time FOS him because of his role?

I asked when he role claimed, because I don't remember. But nevermind, I found it myself.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:22:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 6:20:38 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 10/17/2012 6:19:51 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 10/17/2012 6:18:09 PM, OneElephant wrote:
This story is really quite similar to the events in Korra, actually.

Um, I think Caveat is probably mafia based on role. When did he role claim again?

Wut? Why would you ask what his role is while at the same time FOS him because of his role?

I asked when he role claimed, because I don't remember. But nevermind, I found it myself.

Oh, my bad. I read it as "what" instead of "when". But yeah, he may be mafia. I am kind of undecided at this point. Kind of waiting on what BV and FT have to say.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:24:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 5:51:38 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 10/17/2012 4:35:39 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Anyone remember when BV claimed??

DP2
http://debate.org...

In fact, I'm having doubts about Caveat. Why would he roleblock me as mafia knowing he might get lynched for it? If mafia was so worried I might investigate one of them, wouldn't the better choice be to rb the bodyguard and kill me once and for all? Something just feels off about this. I'm thinking there might be an additional roleblocker in this game.

I was thinking that maybe BV faked a kill attempt on Spinko but that's pretty early for a fake claim of even night vig, not knowing if town has a vig or not. I'm not really buying Maxx's claim.
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:28:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 6:24:27 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/17/2012 5:51:38 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 10/17/2012 4:35:39 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Anyone remember when BV claimed??

DP2
http://debate.org...

In fact, I'm having doubts about Caveat. Why would he roleblock me as mafia knowing he might get lynched for it? If mafia was so worried I might investigate one of them, wouldn't the better choice be to rb the bodyguard and kill me once and for all? Something just feels off about this. I'm thinking there might be an additional roleblocker in this game.

I was thinking that maybe BV faked a kill attempt on Spinko but that's pretty early for a fake claim of even night vig, not knowing if town has a vig or not. I'm not really buying Maxx's claim.

I don't either, but to be fair, he was investigated innocent.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:52:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 6:28:14 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 10/17/2012 6:24:27 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/17/2012 5:51:38 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 10/17/2012 4:35:39 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Anyone remember when BV claimed??

DP2
http://debate.org...

In fact, I'm having doubts about Caveat. Why would he roleblock me as mafia knowing he might get lynched for it? If mafia was so worried I might investigate one of them, wouldn't the better choice be to rb the bodyguard and kill me once and for all? Something just feels off about this. I'm thinking there might be an additional roleblocker in this game.

I was thinking that maybe BV faked a kill attempt on Spinko but that's pretty early for a fake claim of even night vig, not knowing if town has a vig or not. I'm not really buying Maxx's claim.

I don't either, but to be fair, he was investigated innocent.

Spinko had lawyer ability.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:57:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Last night Howard Beale was murdered. He was reported to scream "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" before being silenced, and killed."

This sounds like workplace violence, so we need to look to the other reporter, FT. I knew that 3 town reporters was too much.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 10:01:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Who I think is town.
-FT-His analysis are substantial and don't seem contrived. I'm especially referring to his analysis concerning Social and BV. His analysis on Social was spot on both times. Instead of bandwaggoning off of BV and F-16's reasoning, he argues how Social(1) was way too committed to FT's lynch to be scum. He was right. He also immediately called out Social(2)'s claim as fake and didn't hesitate to VTL him. I also agree with most of his analysis concerning BV and agree BV is most likely mafia. This further proves FT's innocence if BV is in fact scum. Also, he had no problem letting F-16 share his report first even though he could have easily FOS'd F-16. Not something I expect scum to do.

@Medic- I don't think FT and F-16's characters work at the same work station do they?

@FT- Why did you not make a report last DP? Did you not have anything important to share with town? Or did you think F-16 would make a report? Also, why the inactivity?

-Maxx- The biggest factor here is that I have an inno on him. Inb4 everybody screams he was lawyered, I have to ask why? Nobody FOS'd him DP1. Why would he be lawyered? He has also not been afraid to FOS all the best and most active players here. That would be just crazy if he is scum. If he does flip guilty, he has gained my respect.

Leaning towards town
-Medic- Mostly process of elimination here. I haven't really seen any suspicious behavior. He is also continuing his analysis that at least one of the reporters is scum. He is at least being consistent with his behavior as town.

I think one or both of these players are scum.
-Caveat. I am undecided with Caveat. Why would Logic tell him a different answer than F-16? Better question is why he would roleblock me if he was scum knowing it would most likely get him lynched? Maybe he thought he was screwed anyways and wanted to protect one of his other scumbuddies. If this is true, than I rb'ing SG and killing me would have been smarter. Again, something is odd with this whole situation. Maybe an extra NP of night actions will help clear matters up(though I'm probably dead anyways.)

-OneE. Still find his actions DP1 to be questionable. But my FOS is also contingent upon BV flipping scum. If BV flips guilty, it is obvious he was trying to psuedo confirm OneE last DP. If BV flips town, than OneE is probably town also.

Who I think is definitely mafia
-BV. F-16 summed it up nicely last DP.
-He kept FOS'ing the only protective role that can keep power roles alive. I just found his argument that Medic was a protective role io be very contrived.
-He killed Social because he said he had no real suspects. But why Social over OneE or Johnny?
-He said he had no real suspects. When does BV not have any real suspects? He practically leads the town(or tries to) when he is town.
-His huge FOS on Social made no sense. He lol'd at Social's claim and immediately claimed it was BS. But why would BV think that? Me, FT, and F-16 know that Social likes to fake claim vengeful townie. BV doesn't. What made him lol at Social's claim?
-There are other reasons, but it would just be easier to read the DP then list them all.

TL;DR- I think FT, Maxx, and Medic are town. I think BV is definitely mafia. I think the remaining mafia is between Caveat and OneE.

I'm actually going to go ahead and VTL BV once both FT and Caveat answer my questions. Also would like some analysis from other players.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 11:45:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 10:01:07 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Who I think is town.
-FT-His analysis are substantial and don't seem contrived. I'm especially referring to his analysis concerning Social and BV. His analysis on Social was spot on both times. Instead of bandwaggoning off of BV and F-16's reasoning, he argues how Social(1) was way too committed to FT's lynch to be scum. He was right. He also immediately called out Social(2)'s claim as fake and didn't hesitate to VTL him. I also agree with most of his analysis concerning BV and agree BV is most likely mafia. This further proves FT's innocence if BV is in fact scum. Also, he had no problem letting F-16 share his report first even though he could have easily FOS'd F-16. Not something I expect scum to do.

@Medic- I don't think FT and F-16's characters work at the same work station do they?

@FT- Why did you not make a report last DP? Did you not have anything important to share with town? Or did you think F-16 would make a report? Also, why the inactivity?

-Maxx- The biggest factor here is that I have an inno on him. Inb4 everybody screams he was lawyered, I have to ask why? Nobody FOS'd him DP1. Why would he be lawyered? He has also not been afraid to FOS all the best and most active players here. That would be just crazy if he is scum. If he does flip guilty, he has gained my respect.

Leaning towards town
-Medic- Mostly process of elimination here. I haven't really seen any suspicious behavior. He is also continuing his analysis that at least one of the reporters is scum. He is at least being consistent with his behavior as town.

I think one or both of these players are scum.
-Caveat. I am undecided with Caveat. Why would Logic tell him a different answer than F-16? Better question is why he would roleblock me if he was scum knowing it would most likely get him lynched? Maybe he thought he was screwed anyways and wanted to protect one of his other scumbuddies. If this is true, than I rb'ing SG and killing me would have been smarter. Again, something is odd with this whole situation. Maybe an extra NP of night actions will help clear matters up(though I'm probably dead anyways.)

-OneE. Still find his actions DP1 to be questionable. But my FOS is also contingent upon BV flipping scum. If BV flips guilty, it is obvious he was trying to psuedo confirm OneE last DP. If BV flips town, than OneE is probably town also.

Who I think is definitely mafia
-BV. F-16 summed it up nicely last DP.
-He kept FOS'ing the only protective role that can keep power roles alive. I just found his argument that Medic was a protective role io be very contrived.
-He killed Social because he said he had no real suspects. But why Social over OneE or Johnny?
-He said he had no real suspects. When does BV not have any real suspects? He practically leads the town(or tries to) when he is town.
-His huge FOS on Social made no sense. He lol'd at Social's claim and immediately claimed it was BS. But why would BV think that? Me, FT, and F-16 know that Social likes to fake claim vengeful townie. BV doesn't. What made him lol at Social's claim?
-There are other reasons, but it would just be easier to read the DP then list them all.

TL;DR- I think FT, Maxx, and Medic are town. I think BV is definitely mafia. I think the remaining mafia is between Caveat and OneE.

I'm actually going to go ahead and VTL BV once both FT and Caveat answer my questions. Also would like some analysis from other players.

I don't buy 3 reporters, all town, and 3 people on the police force, all town. I know from Golden Garden that Logic made the head inspector mafia, and I didn't even get my results, they went to the mafia "cop". I think something similar is going on here with both the reporters, and the cops.

I can't help but suspect FT because of his role, and the fact that we have 2 dead town reporters already. In addition, his activity level is way below normal.

Looking at the line-up of roles, I'm actually thinking that BV may be town. Look how weak town would be balance-wise without a power role like vig thrown in. We have no watcher, 2 reporters who really didn't have the type of role that could help town very much, a miller, possibly a vanilla, and possibly a cop who does nothing but shuffle papers. I'm thinking that even night vig sounds like a plausible town role, although BV's inactivity stands out.

As I was looking at the roles, I became convinced that Caveat is likely mafia. Given my first role as soothsayer, which could potentially block townies for 2 nights, I find it hard to believe that Logic would also throw in a townie roleblocker, risking 2 townies being roleblocked, on top of all the weak roles we already have.

If IFH is town then we know that mafia has a roleblocker so I think Caveat is the safest bet for today's lynch. BV should vig FT tonight, and IFH can check either OneE or BV, in case he's 3rd party.

VTL Caveat
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 12:37:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@Medic-You want more proof BV is mafia? There are seven players. It takes 5 to lynch. That means there has to be at least five townies. Which means more than likely this game started out with three mafia. The two still alive now and Social/Johnny.

Again, this game at the most started out with THREE MAFIA. I think we can all agree that is underpowering mafia quite a bit. If I recall correctly, FT said Logic gave mafia extra kills in his last game. In fact, extra kills is the only thing I can think of that would make up for the loss in mafia numbers. I am fully convinced now BV has to be mafia.

I am starting to agree with you though that Caveat is probably the last mafia.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 1:13:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 12:37:04 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
@Medic-You want more proof BV is mafia? There are seven players. It takes 5 to lynch. That means there has to be at least five townies. Which means more than likely this game started out with three mafia. The two still alive now and Social/Johnny.

Again, this game at the most started out with THREE MAFIA. I think we can all agree that is underpowering mafia quite a bit. If I recall correctly, FT said Logic gave mafia extra kills in his last game. In fact, extra kills is the only thing I can think of that would make up for the loss in mafia numbers. I am fully convinced now BV has to be mafia.

I am starting to agree with you though that Caveat is probably the last mafia.

Well I wish others would weigh in so we know which way the majority is leaning. I'm ok with lynching BV but I have a nagging feeling that he may end up being town. My instincts haven't been very good since my break though. We prolly need to get rolling on the lynch since activity is so low, so if you want to lynch BV then I'll change my vote.

Unvote
VTL Blackvoid
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 1:36:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 1:13:40 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/18/2012 12:37:04 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
@Medic-You want more proof BV is mafia? There are seven players. It takes 5 to lynch. That means there has to be at least five townies. Which means more than likely this game started out with three mafia. The two still alive now and Social/Johnny.

Again, this game at the most started out with THREE MAFIA. I think we can all agree that is underpowering mafia quite a bit. If I recall correctly, FT said Logic gave mafia extra kills in his last game. In fact, extra kills is the only thing I can think of that would make up for the loss in mafia numbers. I am fully convinced now BV has to be mafia.

I am starting to agree with you though that Caveat is probably the last mafia.

Well I wish others would weigh in so we know which way the majority is leaning. I'm ok with lynching BV but I have a nagging feeling that he may end up being town. My instincts haven't been very good since my break though. We prolly need to get rolling on the lynch since activity is so low, so if you want to lynch BV then I'll change my vote.

Unvote
VTL Blackvoid


Yes, the inactivity in this game is extremely aggravating. The one good thing is that with a 5 town:2 mafia ratio, we have at least one mislynch available. And on the off chance BV does flip innocent, BV's innocence would more than likely equal OneE's innocence as well. In fact, you're probably right about an FT/Caveat combo if BV is actually innocent. But I don't believe he is, so

VTL Blackvoid.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 2:36:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 10:23:18 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/17/2012 9:31:48 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Dead players

1) FT(1) - Ylena Fern- Miller (with conditions) - TOWN
2) Mestari - Jeremy Doyle - Reporter - TOWN
3) Spinko(1) - Mary Wiltshir - Head Inspector - TOWN
4) Medic - Halette Devereaux - Soothsayer (NP1: Chooses HCP/FT(2)) - TOWN
10) Spinko (2) / Johnny- MAFIA
1) Sports - Banquo - Bodyguard- TOWN
3) F-16 - Howard Beale - Reporter- TOWN

Role Claims

2) Medic (2)/DNinja - Susan Remona - Tracker (NP1: Tracks SG to F-16, NP2: Forfeit, NP3: Tracks Maxx)
4) FT(2) - ?????? - Reporter
5) BlackVoid - Ex-Admiral William Callahan - Even Vig (NP2: Shoots Spinko)
6) OneE - Annabelle Montaine - Vanilla
7) IFLY - Professor Maxwell Drey - Cop/character cop (NP1: Inno on Maxx, NP2: checks Social, NP3: Roleblocked)
8) caveat - Roberto Sancal- Roleblocker (NP1 and 2 passed, NP3: ??
9) Maxx - Fiaro- Paper Shuffler ??


Fixed my brain fart
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 3:04:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I apologize for the lack of activity. I didn't even get to submit my report last DP, and I apologize for that. I haven't been as enthusiastic about mafia lately, and was kind of avoiding it, but I'm gonna try to finish up this game before taking my much-needed hiatus.

I received some really interesting information last night about the abilities of the mafia. I'll go into this more in my report tonight. I ask that people don't end the DP until I say I have submitted my report (I need to write it and submit it before the DP ends, so if it ends prematurely, you guys won't be able to see my information). If anything, let me hammer whoever we decide to lynch so that I can make sure the DP doesn't end until I finish my report.

I don't feel good about the lynch on BV. I've been thinking about it more, and I don't think he's mafia. With only SG as a bodyguard, the chances of the mafia having extra-kills is not very likely. In Logic's previous game, the extra-kills were off-set by the town having 3-4 bodyguards, including one bodyguard that 100% killed the attacker while surviving. There is nothing close to that in this game, so I don't buy Logic giving the mafia an extra-kill every even-night.

I also thought BV's behavior was scummy, but BV's scummy behavior in this game is consistent with his play as town. The problem is, BV tends to look scummy when he's town, whereas he is extremely good at hiding scum-tells when he's mafia... The fact that he's been giving off so many scum-tells tells me he's probably town who isn't worrying about appearing scummy. I run into this problem myself sometimes. This situation reminds me of The Mentalist, where BV wasn't as active as usual, made a few behavioral missteps, and ended up getting mislynched. I don't think we should let that happen this game.

I think the mafia is between caveat, 1E, maxx, or medic. What were the tracker results from last night? Has maxx ever told us any of the supposed "information" he has received? Who did caveat role-block? We need to collect all the information we can before making a decision to lynch someone.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 3:07:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@FT- What do you say to the fact that there is three mafia at most? How do you think mafia would be compensated for their lack in numbers?
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 3:15:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
To the people saying I could be mafia (medic in particular) - I'm going to use the defense BV used, except it actually applies in my case. social claimed vengeful townie while I was online. I would NEVER have allowed that to happen if I were mafia. I was in the game where social claimed that, and I was the main person pushing for his lynch the ENTIRE game. There is no way I would have ever allowed social to claim that as mafia.

I'll also note that I wouldn't kill F-16 if I were mafia. F-16 was 100% convinced I was town, so if I were mafia, I would have left him alive. It would make no sense for me to kill F-16 if I were mafia. If I were mafia, I would have killed someone who actually poses a threat (medic or IFLY).

medic was left alive for some reason. The entire game. This means the mafia could have a NINJA or... medic is mafia. I don't see why mafia would kill F-16 over a tracker/cop. It doesn't make much sense to me. Something is off about that. If you recall, Logic has been trying to make games that force people to rely on behavioral analysis - yet this game has both a cop and tracker? I could see medic choosing to kill F-16 as mafia, and then using that as a reason to put a FOS on me...
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 3:17:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 3:07:44 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
@FT- What do you say to the fact that there is three mafia at most? How do you think mafia would be compensated for their lack in numbers?

I received information last night that confirms for me that they are compensated and that they probably don't have extra-kills. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say it, but I guess I could risk it. Logic hasn't specified what happens if I say my information.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 3:23:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 3:17:00 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 10/18/2012 3:07:44 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
@FT- What do you say to the fact that there is three mafia at most? How do you think mafia would be compensated for their lack in numbers?

I received information last night that confirms for me that they are compensated and that they probably don't have extra-kills. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say it, but I guess I could risk it. Logic hasn't specified what happens if I say my information.

Alright, I'm just gonna say my information. It's too important to not say. I received information last night that a townie is going to die on NP5. I'll quote it, since Logic didn't say anything about not being allowed to do that:

"A townie has an inbuilt condition to die NP 5, one that is still alive."

This is the piece of information I received last night. It means that Logic designed the game such that if the mafia get to NP5, they get a free kill on a townie. This also means that the likelihood of mafia having even-night kills is extremely unlikely...
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 3:24:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also must I remind anybody of the info that F-16 received? It made SG look really scummy even though he ended up flipping town. I don't really trust the reporter's info tbh. I think they may be designed to create doubt and make townies look scummy.