Jump to topic:

Korra Mafia DP3

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:08:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Avatar Korra, after talking with friends, went to sleep on Air Temple Island. The man who killed Lin Bei Fong snuck onto Air Temple Island, as the Order of the White Lotus were distracted by a pro-bending match that night. Korra was awoken after the man snuck into her room, but before she could do anything, she was manipulated so that she couldn't do anything. "I killed your cop," the man said "and I am going to kill you as well." The man forced Korra to waterbend a stream of water into her mouth, relentlessly and nonstop, until it finally drowned and killed her. When White Lotus guards went to check on Korra, the man had already been gone. They found the lifeless body soon after, and mourning swept across the whole city. The Avatar is dead.

Dead last DP

Jordan56- You are Hiroshi Sato. Known as the inventor of the Satomobile, you appear innocent to town at times, and sometimes not. Thus, you are the one-shot godfather. You also created the equalist weapons used to Knock Out the benders and their bending, so you are the role blocker. You win with the mafia.

Dead in the Night

Tvellalott- You are Avatar Korra, the Avatar succeeding Aang, and hailing from the Water Tribe. As Avatar, you are able to bend all 4 elements (JOAT). Here are the elements and their effects.

Fire- A lethal element, therefore, it is Vig ability.

Water- Can be used to heal people, therefore, it is Doctor ability.

Earth- Used to block things, therefore, it is Roleblocking ability

Air- An element used to evade, therefore, it is Bulletproof ability. (Can"t use until after DP3)

You can only use one element a night, and all of these elements are One-Shot. In addition, you have a 5th ability. If a player"s bending is taken away by Amon in the game, you can restore it back. You won"t know the player who"s bending was taken away, but I will notify you when a player"s bending was taken away. You can"t use an element and bending restore in the same NP. If you die after DP3, Mako also dies, and Vice-Versa. If you lose your bending, you can"t use bending restore anymore. You win with the town.

Also Dead

MA- Lin Bei Fong- Cop + 1x LD- Town.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:13:28 PM
Whose Mako?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:14:38 PM
VTL OneE

OneE's claim reaks so much of sh*t that I'm starting to believe he's playing from a public restroom.

Also, I think Logic needs to claim. His sole post in this game, as Royal so kindly pointed out last DP, was one of fluff.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:14:39 PM
So, OE seems pretty much scum after that RPM.......

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:16:07 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:14:39 PM, OberHerr wrote:

About damn time someone agrees with me.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:16:32 PM
Ok, I need clarification, is Amon a character? Because, if he is, that pretty much *boom* Headshot!'s OEs claim....

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:17:41 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:16:07 PM, Zaradi wrote:

I only agreed because of TV's role PM, and I may still be mistaken. Killing him last Cycle would have been stupid, with the little to no evidence against hm.

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:17:42 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:16:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Ok, I need clarification, is Amon a character? Because, if he is, that pretty much *boom* Headshot!'s OEs claim....

I would think so...

And not that I don't mind extra support taking down scum, but can you explain this?
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:18:22 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:17:41 PM, OberHerr wrote:

I only agreed because of TV's role PM, and I may still be mistaken. Killing him last Cycle would have been stupid, with the little to no evidence against hm.

But I was still right.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:20:12 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:17:42 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/17/2012 6:16:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:

I would think so...

And not that I don't mind extra support taking down scum, but can you explain this?

Explain what?

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:20:36 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:18:22 PM, Zaradi wrote:

But I was still right.

Right without proper justification, yes.

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:20:45 PM
Also, the mysterious person who gave you all waffles took you all out to a baseball game. He took you out to the crowd. He bought you some peanuts and Cracker Jacks. You guys didn't care if you ever got back. You rooted for the home team. If they didn't win, it was a shame to you all. As it was one, two, three strikes you're out at the old ball game.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:23:28 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:20:36 PM, OberHerr wrote:

But I was still right.

Why is the method important so long as the end result is we still catch scum?
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:24:04 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:20:45 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Also, the mysterious person who gave you all waffles took you all out to a baseball game. He took you out to the crowd. He bought you some peanuts and Cracker Jacks. You guys didn't care if you ever got back. You rooted for the home team. If they didn't win, it was a shame to you all. As it was one, two, three strikes you're out at the old ball game.

Okay, seriously: WTF IS THIS!?!?!?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:26:21 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:23:28 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/17/2012 6:20:36 PM, OberHerr wrote:

But I was still right.

Why is the method important so long as the end result is we still catch scum?

Because to be frank, you got lucky. And we still don't know if OE is scum yet.

OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:26:47 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:08:33 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

You can only use one element a night, and all of these elements are One-Shot. In addition, you have a 5th ability. If a player"s bending is taken away by Amon in the game, you can restore it back. You won"t know the player who"s bending was taken away, but I will notify you when a player"s bending was taken away. You can"t use an element and bending restore in the same NP. If you die after DP3, Mako also dies, and Vice-Versa. If you lose your bending, you can"t use bending restore anymore. You win with the town.

Also Dead

I know this looks incriminating, but it draws parallels to the series. If I remember correctly, Amon removes Korra's bending, but her bending is restored by the Spirit of Avatar Aang. So it's possible that restoring TV's bending was the rationalization behind the role.

I'm not sure what else I can offer at this point. I guess Zaradi is pretty much clear, although I still wouldn't completely eliminate the idea that he could be third party. A similar situation arose between me and Johnny in Kill Bill mafia.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:27:14 PM
Also, good riddance, I want to see a Earth Bender avatar!

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:27:56 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:24:04 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Either a joke, or a TP.

OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:28:42 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:27:56 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Either a joke, or a TP.

TP, definitely.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:31:48 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:26:47 PM, OneElephant wrote:

Also Dead

I know this looks incriminating, but it draws parallels to the series. If I remember correctly, Amon removes Korra's bending, but her bending is restored by the Spirit of Avatar Aang. So it's possible that restoring TV's bending was the rationalization behind the role.

This a) still doesn't explain the role stripping power being pro-town, b) doesn't explain The Spirit of Aang even HAVING a role stripping power in the Korra series, or c) really explain anything. If anything two full time restorers and one remover (asuming Amon is the only mafia remover) kind of makes one of them a moot point. And since we KNOW that Korra was one, you would be the moot point.
I'm not sure what else I can offer at this point. I guess Zaradi is pretty much clear, although I still wouldn't completely eliminate the idea that he could be third party. A similar situation arose between me and Johnny in Kill Bill mafia.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:32:32 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:28:42 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 10/17/2012 6:27:56 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Either a joke, or a TP.

TP, definitely.

What TP power has the ability to make the mod make pointless posts in the DP? o.O
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:35:11 PM
VTL Logic

Logic posted some fluff last DP. When I pointed this out, he argued that he does not condone cheating. The problem is that his initial post constituted cheating since he posted after the DP had ended, so if he was such a stickler for the rulers to the degree that he had a strong reaction to my accusation that his post was fluff, he would not have posted twice after the DP had ended. This indicates that he was posting originally to keep people from becoming suspicious of his inactivity. This is backed up by his strong reaction to my accusation; he wanted to make sure that people knew why is post was fluff immediately so he didn't wait for the next DP. Logic is just attempting to slip under the radar, which is suspicious. In addition, he has been entirely inactive this game. I understand that he may have school, but this should not prevent us from seeking his claim because inactivity harms the town. So, based on his desire to slip under the radar and his inactivity, I would like a full claim from logic.
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:35:35 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:31:48 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Also Dead

This a) still doesn't explain the role stripping power being pro-town, b) doesn't explain The Spirit of Aang even HAVING a role stripping power in the Korra series, or c) really explain anything. If anything two full time restorers and one remover (asuming Amon is the only mafia remover) kind of makes one of them a moot point. And since we KNOW that Korra was one, you would be the moot point.

Energy bending, which my character teaches to Korra, is the ability to both restore and remove bending. Both of the major antagonists in Korra are benders, so it would help if town could strip them because it's likely that they have strong roles to balance out Korra's abilities. Plus, 2 role removals and 2 role restorers balance perfectly, I think, if Amon's role removal ability is actually a one shot.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:42:15 PM
At 10/17/2012 6:35:35 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 10/17/2012 6:31:48 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Also Dead

Energy bending, which my character teaches to Korra, is the ability to both restore and remove bending.

Sure, but name once where the Spirit of Aang actually REMOVES someone's power, not just uses energy bending. Ohwait, you can't? Whoops.

Both of the major antagonists in Korra are benders, so it would help if town could strip them because it's likely that they have strong roles to balance out Korra's abilities.

TURN: Having role removal ability powers for the town against the mafia is HIGHLY overpowered as it creates a massive pro-town skew to the game if the shot hits. Since mafia is generally always smaller in size than the town, the effect of turning someone into a vanilla is exponentially more impacting than on the town. If the removal ability hit scum, it would almost certainly guarantee a town win, which is insanely abusive.

Plus, 2 role removals and 2 role restorers balance perfectly, I think, if Amon's role removal ability is actually a one shot.

1. There'd have to be another character to have role removing abilities, which doesn't exist plausibly in the series
2. There's no balance because it's two role healing abilities and one role removal abilities on the town and one role removal ability for the mafia (presumably a one shot). If you want to say that's balanced, then you need your head examined.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:48:53 PM
I'm at school, and have work this evening, so let me make this quick.

I'm Saikhan, back up to Lin; 1 shot lie detector. I gained her powers once she ceased to be the police chief (ie. her death) . Great work folks, out the cop. I've been waiting for OneElephant to say 'I win with the town' , and me to test it. OneElephant, say it, and I'll test it tonight.

On last DP, I was going to be replaced otherwise, so I HAD to post. However, posting anything of any relevance to this game (ie. analysis, which I might modkill over.) was not allowed. Note that I did not ask for OneElephant to say 'I win with the town' last DP? That's my principles at work. I understand that people don't hold to that. Royal and Zaradi both seem to think that by posting a fluff post, when it would be wrong and against the rules to do otherwise , I am suspicious. I pointedly contend this, and yes, I did post after the DP was over. I don't want to be replaced given my strong interest and knowledge of Korra. If anybody remembers Avatar Mafia I crushed the town with my knowledge. I enjoy Avatar and Korra immensely.

I shall post an extremely in depth analysis in about 30 hours (I will not have even half an hour spare as a block before then) . You will hear me state everything I have to say. For now, OneElephant, make that statement or I will lynch you.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:51:08 PM
Just as we were wrapping up the lynch on OneE,

"Oh look to the East! From the horizon! Our savior!"

In comes logic riding in with a way to save OneE. How utterly convenient...