Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Korra Mafia Endgame

daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:40:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sorry for the long delay of this. I was a bit busy.

1st Place- Third Party Survivor/Ultimate Vig- Zaradi

2nd place- Town- Tvellalott, Buddamoose, SocialPinko, MilitaryAtheist, OberHerr, Johnnyboy, RoyalPaladin, VMpire(Medic)

3rd place- Mafia- Logic_On_Rails, OneElephant, Jordan56
#FeeltheFreezerBern
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:47:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I assume roles and analysis are coming?

Like Logic I was pretty sure Zaradi was third party towards the endgame as well. My post on it wasn't just fluff. I'll also admit I played pretty poorly, especially with the claims. I'm also curious as to whether TV choose to investigate me or vig me when I role claimed.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:49:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Role PMs

Mafia

Logic- You are Amon (Noatak), the leader of the equalist movement, brother of Tarrlok, and son of Yakone. You were mostly perceived as likable by most of Republic City until the end of the season, when it was revealed you had bending abilities. As such, you are godfather until DP5. You also had the ability to take a person"s bending away with your bloodbending, so once in the game, you can use this ability to turn a person into a vanilla permanently.

OneE- You are Tarrlok, brother of Noatak (Amon), and son of Yakone. You were a waterbender on the city council, appearing innocent until about midway through the season. As such, you are a godfather until DP3. You also inherited the trait of bloodbending from your father, and can manipulate people with it. As such, you are the redirector.

Jordan56- You are Hiroshi Sato. Known as the inventor of the Satomobile, you appear innocent to town at times, and sometimes not. Thus, you are the one-shot godfather. You also created the equalist weapons used to Knock Out the benders and their bending, so you are the role blocker.

Third Party

Zaradi- You are Yakone, father of Tarrlok and Noatak (Amon). You arguably have had more of an impact on the Korra series than any other character, as you have indirectly caused the Equalist movement, but you don"t technically belong to either side. You are intent about taking over Republic City yourself. You win with yourself. At the beginning of the game, you get a list of which players are which roles. When a side would normally win (Town killing all mafia, or Mafia gaining 1/2 or the majority), the players are notified that "Yakone is lurking, and he is lethal". At that point in the game, you become The Day Vig and The Night Vig. You win when all other players are dead.

Town

Tvellalott- You are Avatar Korra, the Avatar succeeding Aang, and hailing from the Water Tribe. As Avatar, you are able to bend all 4 elements (JOAT). Here are the elements and their effects.

Fire- A lethal element, therefore, it is Vig ability.

Water- Can be used to heal people, therefore, it is Doctor ability.

Earth- Used to block things, therefore, it is Roleblocking ability

Air- An element used to evade, therefore, it is Bulletproof ability. (Can"t use until after DP3)

You can only use one element a night, and all of these elements are One-Shot. In addition, you have a 5th ability. If a player"s bending is taken away by Amon in the game, you can restore it back. You won"t know the player who"s bending was taken away, but I will notify you when a player"s bending was taken away. You can"t use an element and bending restore in the same NP. If you die after DP3, Mako also dies, and Vice-Versa. If you lose your bending, you can"t use bending restore anymore.

Budda- You are Mako, brother of Bolin, and in a complicated relationship with Korra/Asami. You are the main Firebender of the series, and Fire is the most dangerouse element. You are the vig.

Social- You are Bolin, brother of Mako. You are the main Earthbender of the series, and Earthbending is used to block things. You are the Town Roleblocker.
(Mod Note: Tvellalott, Budda, and Social shared a Role PM from the beginning of the game, called the Fire Ferrets PM, as they were the core 3 characters of the series and were on the same pro-bending team.)

MA- You are Lin Bei Fong, the Police Chief of Republic City. You are the head of police in Republic City, therefore, you are the Cop. You are also the daughter of Metalbender and Lie Detector Toph Bei Fong, therefore, you are the 1x Lie Detector. You win with the town.

Ober- You are Tenzin, son of Avatar Aang and Airbending teacher to Korra. You are the main Airbender of the series, and Airbending is an element used to evade. Therefore, you are Bulletproof. You win with the town.

Johnny- You are Asami Sato, daughter of Hiroshi Sato, and are in a complicated relationship with Mako. You don"t have any bending abilities, nor any other abilities. Therefore, you are Vanilla. However, if you die DP3 or before, whoever is Mako also dies, and vice-versa. Revealing this will be a modkill, killing you and Mako. You win with the town.

Royal- You are Tahno. You were the team captain of the Fire Ferrets" rival in the Pro Bending league. You were not very sportsmanlike, but became very pitiable once you lost your bending. You are Miller until DP4. After that, you are a vanilla. You win with the town.

VMpire (Medic)- You are Katara. Featured in ATLA and seen in 2 episodes in Korra, in both series, you are the best healer in the world. You are the Doctor. Each NP, you can protect someone from being NKd. You win with the town.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:49:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 8:47:29 PM, OneElephant wrote:
I assume roles and analysis are coming?
Yeah, that and NAs are coming up next.

Like Logic I was pretty sure Zaradi was third party towards the endgame as well. My post on it wasn't just fluff. I'll also admit I played pretty poorly, especially with the claims. I'm also curious as to whether TV choose to investigate me or vig me when I role claimed.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Posts: 14,123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:53:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 8:51:31 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
Zaradi was definitely overpowered.

I concur :3
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:57:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 8:53:30 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/24/2012 8:51:31 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
Zaradi was definitely overpowered.

I concur :3

So your role basically confirmed mafia. Its the fact that you were third party survivor that you didn't out anyone. That gives you easy access as to who is lying about thier fake claims, giving you the trust of the town. We should have killed you first. And to add on to that you were day AND night vig. smh :/
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:06:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Night Actions
(Successful unless otherwise noted)

Mafia

NP1
Kills MA
Jordan RBs TV.
1E redirects all NAs targeted at Royal to Tvellalott.
Logic Waives.

NP2
Kills Tvellalott
1E's Night Action forfeited
Logic waives.

NP3
Kills Budda
Logic waives.

Zaradi

NP1
Gives you all free waffles (No effect)

NP2
Takes you all out to a baseball game (No effect

NP3
None

NP4
Kills Medic (Failed)

DP5
Kills SPinko

NP5
Kills Medic (Failed)

DP6
Kills Medic

Town

NP1
Social RBs Royal.
TV docs himself (Failed)
Budda waives.
MA investigates Royal. (Got Inno since it was redirected to TV)
Medic docs himself.

NP2
Social RBs Royal
TV waives
Budda waives
Medic docs himself.

NP3
Budda vigs Johnny (Failed because he was killed by mafia)
Social RBs Medic
Medic docs Zaradi (Failed)

NP4
Social RBs Royal
Medic docs himself.

NP5
Medic docs himself.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Posts: 14,123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:09:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 9:06:24 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
MA investigates Royal. (Got Inno since it was redirected to TV)

DUDE! MA! You freaking investigated the CLAIMED MILLER and got Inno. WHY THE FVCK DID YOU NOT COME OUT WITH THAT!?!?!?!?!?

Wtf.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:13:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Analysis

Yeah, I overpowered Zaradi. Understatement of the year. I shouldn't have gave him the list. If I didn't, then it would be a more fair game. My thought was that Zaradi wouldn't go after all of the mafia with the list, so he could let a few Mislynches happen so it would be easier for him. Guess not. Mafia was sort of screwed from the start. They only had about 2 good fake claims, and Zaradi CCd on one of them. But mafia definitely had some really bad luck in this game, especially killing the cop NP1 when all of them had Godfather powers. I don't credit town too much for killing all of the mafia in a row, since Zaradi helped a lot with those lynches. Overall, I can't give someone the game's MVP, since all of the good performances were either luck or Zaradi being overpowered. I am thinking either Ober or Zaradi for game MVP. In fact, let's put it to a vote. Vote for who should be game MVP.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:14:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 9:09:08 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/24/2012 9:06:24 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
MA investigates Royal. (Got Inno since it was redirected to TV)

DUDE! MA! You freaking investigated the CLAIMED MILLER and got Inno. WHY THE FVCK DID YOU NOT COME OUT WITH THAT!?!?!?!?!?

Wtf.

He was killed NP1. He couldn't have outed.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Posts: 14,123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:16:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 9:14:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 10/24/2012 9:09:08 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/24/2012 9:06:24 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
MA investigates Royal. (Got Inno since it was redirected to TV)

DUDE! MA! You freaking investigated the CLAIMED MILLER and got Inno. WHY THE FVCK DID YOU NOT COME OUT WITH THAT!?!?!?!?!?

Wtf.

He was killed NP1. He couldn't have outed.

.......
-walks away awkwardly-
I knew that...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:42:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 9:13:28 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Analysis

Yeah, I overpowered Zaradi. Understatement of the year. I shouldn't have gave him the list. If I didn't, then it would be a more fair game. My thought was that Zaradi wouldn't go after all of the mafia with the list, so he could let a few Mislynches happen so it would be easier for him. Guess not. Mafia was sort of screwed from the start. They only had about 2 good fake claims, and Zaradi CCd on one of them. But mafia definitely had some really bad luck in this game, especially killing the cop NP1 when all of them had Godfather powers. I don't credit town too much for killing all of the mafia in a row, since Zaradi helped a lot with those lynches. Overall, I can't give someone the game's MVP, since all of the good performances were either luck or Zaradi being overpowered. I am thinking either Ober or Zaradi for game MVP. In fact, let's put it to a vote. Vote for who should be game MVP.

Neither of them deserve it. You should give it to Logic for coming up with reasonable claims which could have been used if it wasn't for Zaradi; "I got my eye on you."

But yeah, your right. I don't think its really fair for anyone to receive MVP due to the poor balance of the game.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 11:11:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 9:42:35 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 10/24/2012 9:13:28 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Analysis

Yeah, I overpowered Zaradi. Understatement of the year. I shouldn't have gave him the list. If I didn't, then it would be a more fair game. My thought was that Zaradi wouldn't go after all of the mafia with the list, so he could let a few Mislynches happen so it would be easier for him. Guess not. Mafia was sort of screwed from the start. They only had about 2 good fake claims, and Zaradi CCd on one of them. But mafia definitely had some really bad luck in this game, especially killing the cop NP1 when all of them had Godfather powers. I don't credit town too much for killing all of the mafia in a row, since Zaradi helped a lot with those lynches. Overall, I can't give someone the game's MVP, since all of the good performances were either luck or Zaradi being overpowered. I am thinking either Ober or Zaradi for game MVP. In fact, let's put it to a vote. Vote for who should be game MVP.

Neither of them deserve it. You should give it to Logic for coming up with reasonable claims which could have been used if it wasn't for Zaradi; "I got my eye on you."

But yeah, your right. I don't think its really fair for anyone to receive MVP due to the poor balance of the game.

Good to know I got your seal of approval.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Posts: 14,123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 12:26:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 11:11:23 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 10/24/2012 9:42:35 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 10/24/2012 9:13:28 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Analysis

Yeah, I overpowered Zaradi. Understatement of the year. I shouldn't have gave him the list. If I didn't, then it would be a more fair game. My thought was that Zaradi wouldn't go after all of the mafia with the list, so he could let a few Mislynches happen so it would be easier for him. Guess not. Mafia was sort of screwed from the start. They only had about 2 good fake claims, and Zaradi CCd on one of them. But mafia definitely had some really bad luck in this game, especially killing the cop NP1 when all of them had Godfather powers. I don't credit town too much for killing all of the mafia in a row, since Zaradi helped a lot with those lynches. Overall, I can't give someone the game's MVP, since all of the good performances were either luck or Zaradi being overpowered. I am thinking either Ober or Zaradi for game MVP. In fact, let's put it to a vote. Vote for who should be game MVP.

Neither of them deserve it. You should give it to Logic for coming up with reasonable claims which could have been used if it wasn't for Zaradi; "I got my eye on you."

But yeah, your right. I don't think its really fair for anyone to receive MVP due to the poor balance of the game.

Good to know I got your seal of approval.

I got your back Daytona! I thought it was a fun game to play! :3
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 1:04:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At the beginning of the game, you get a list of which players are which roles.

I lol'ed.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 5:27:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've described this in depth to Daytona in his PM. This was an enjoyable game, and Zaradi isn't overpowered in the sense that he can lose quite easily actually, but it was just about impossible for Mafia to win. Best case scenario Zaradi goes down NP 1 to us randomly and we claim Saikhan, Iroh and Hasook. That's a vanilla, back up cop, and Iroh best fits vigilante. Tell us we aren't in hot water still.

Got to say, besides killing the cop we made pretty optimal night actions - nearly got Royal investigated innocent NP 1. Lame that Budda's miskill didn't go through.

I did like Daytona's idea of the entire Mafia being potentially innocent - would have been great to see us all investigated innocent, yet town have flawless claims.

Zaradi did play well this game, although town really should have caught on and lynched him later in the game... especially since he was conveniently pushing a lynch on the bulletproof. Lame that OneElephant had to character claim basically first... death sentence with so few fake claims.

Daytona, you had some very interesting ideas this game. Keep up the good work, just make sure to run some balance tests and best / worse case scenarios prior to game start.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 9:54:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Amon was hella underpowered. He should have been stripping powers at least every second night.

My only object was daytona's "group vote overrides what the individual wants to do" part of our small mason-like group. I wanted to waive my doctor power NP1 (after considering doc'ing myself) but social and Buddah wanted me to protect myself, so I didn't get a say.

I have to say, lol @ mafia assfvcking me NP1 and killing me NP2.
Shows my reputation proceeds me, amirite?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 9:56:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/25/2012 9:54:02 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Amon was hella underpowered. He should have been stripping powers at least every second night.

My only object was daytona's "group vote overrides what the individual wants to do" part of our small mason-like group. I wanted to waive my doctor power NP1 (after considering doc'ing myself) but social and Buddah wanted me to protect myself, so I didn't get a say.

I have to say, lol @ mafia assfvcking me NP1 and killing me NP2.
Shows my reputation proceeds me, amirite?

I can imagine the PM.
Other two guys who have never played with me: So who do we target tonight?
Logic: TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTV!!! Use all our powers on him, but don't kill him in case he can somehow protect himself with his super powers.

;) Right, logic?

Damn the mod for making me the main frikkin' character, and thus verifying logic's good choice in targeting me.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 9:59:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think it would have been better to just not include a cop in this game (or have the cop be a lie detector). You had all three mafia immune to investigations during the early game... That is a bit of bastard modding right there. :/
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 10:18:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/25/2012 9:56:11 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/25/2012 9:54:02 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Amon was hella underpowered. He should have been stripping powers at least every second night.

My only object was daytona's "group vote overrides what the individual wants to do" part of our small mason-like group. I wanted to waive my doctor power NP1 (after considering doc'ing myself) but social and Buddah wanted me to protect myself, so I didn't get a say.

I have to say, lol @ mafia assfvcking me NP1 and killing me NP2.
Shows my reputation proceeds me, amirite?

I can imagine the PM.
Other two guys who have never played with me: So who do we target tonight?
Logic: TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTV!!! Use all our powers on him, but don't kill him in case he can somehow protect himself with his super powers.

Y'know, I don't think this is quite right. He would find a more eloquent way to say it.

And is it weird that I picture him talking in a British accent?

;) Right, logic?

Damn the mod for making me the main frikkin' character, and thus verifying logic's good choice in targeting me.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 10:39:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Logic is always mafia - which makes me wonder: could the reason Logic was never lynched as town this year be that Logic was never town this year?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2012 12:01:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 9:13:28 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
either Ober or Zaradi for game MVP. In fact, let's put it to a vote. Vote for who should be game MVP.

IN YO FACE ROYAL!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2012 12:26:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
TV, I killed you NP 2 because I thought you were Korra or Yakone. You gave away way too many hints that indicated you were powerful.

As to your point F-16, I have been Mafia quite a bit this year... However, about 2 months back I checked and I have been town quite a bit. I'd say I've been Mafia 2/5 of my games this year, if not closer to 45% . Yeah, I have been Mafia a lot. I think that's because many mods need a decent player in the Mafia, and now I'm thought of as good enough to lead the Mafia, rather than being the right hand man of say, Bluesteel. Players like him have left.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2012 12:58:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/26/2012 12:26:29 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
TV, I killed you NP 2 because I thought you were Korra or Yakone. You gave away way too many hints that indicated you were powerful.

And you're the only damn person who picked up on that. I was hoping the doctor or the watcher would pick up on it... Fvck.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2012 1:10:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/26/2012 12:58:44 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/26/2012 12:26:29 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
TV, I killed you NP 2 because I thought you were Korra or Yakone. You gave away way too many hints that indicated you were powerful.

And you're the only damn person who picked up on that. I was hoping the doctor or the watcher would pick up on it... Fvck.

I picked up on it. TBH...it seemed kinda "Um, ok TV....we get it, you have a important role...."
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2012 1:14:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/26/2012 1:10:33 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/26/2012 12:58:44 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/26/2012 12:26:29 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
TV, I killed you NP 2 because I thought you were Korra or Yakone. You gave away way too many hints that indicated you were powerful.

And you're the only damn person who picked up on that. I was hoping the doctor or the watcher would pick up on it... Fvck.

I picked up on it. TBH...it seemed kinda "Um, ok TV....we get it, you have a important role...."

Lol, I wish medic had picked up on it.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...