EpicDDO - End Game Thread

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 2:03:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Budda died in the night.
Hunter - Town. If lynched, may shoot one player.

Creepy Girl Wins!
Survivor Wins!

Town Loses!
Mafia Loses!

Dramatis Persona:
Living Players
1. caveat - Town. Nurse.
2. maxx23 - Town. Detective.
3. Blackvoid - Town. Governor.
4. socialpinko - Third Party. Creepy Girl.
5. FourTrouble - Mafia. Actress.
6. F-16 - Town. Mortician.
7. HCP - Third Party. Survivor.
8. Mestari - Mafia. Informant.
9. Budda - Town. Hunter.
10. Logic - Town. Journalist.
11. MilitaryAtheist - Town. Insane Cop.
12. IFLY - Mafia. Voodoo Lady.

Night 0 Actions:
1. caveat - Protect/Roleblock FT
2. maxx23 - Investigate Mestari
3. Blackvoid - N/A
4. socialpinko - Waive.
5. FourTrouble - Actress Logic (failed).
6. F-16 - N/A.
7. HCP - Waive.
8. Mestari - Inform on F-16.
9. Budda - N/A.
10. Logic - Journalist Mestari.
11. MilitaryAtheist - Investigate FT.
12. IFLY - Curse maxx with "that."
Mafia: Kill Military Atheist.

Night 1 Actions:
1. caveat - Protect/Roleblock BV
2. Blackvoid - N/A
3. socialpinko - Give Doll to Budda
4. FourTrouble - Actress Social.
5. F-16 - Investigate MA.
6. HCP - Hide behind BV.
7. Mestari - Waive.
8. Budda - N/A.
9. Logic - Journalist Mestari.
10. IFLY - Curse BV with "that."
Mafia: Kill Budda

Analysis:
It is a shame this game ended so fast, but kudos to HCP for managing to survive and social for accurately picking between BV and Budda for Mafia kill. BV is objectively a better choice, since he has the benefits of the hunter without the drawback (dying), but he was obviously protected.

The discuss was overwhelmingly good. Some great analysis, misdirection, and back and forth. It was a shame Mestari wasn't lynched. F-16 picked up on maxx's bread crumbs, but there was no follow-up. A seemingly random vote out of the blue on Mestari, and maxx flipped Detective. I don't fault maxx for the gambit, though the risk of being subtle with such things is that you die before giving the Town a good lead.

Ah... such is the risk of Epic, that games end so soon. It isn't much of a deal on Epic, since the games are quick and easily started. I've seen a game end on NP0 before.

Nonetheless, I think this was an interesting game and I was glad to see the activity.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 2:09:10 PM
Lol, I had a feeling about FT. No clue about Ifly though. Good job. Interesting orchestration of arguments by Mestari and FT.

At least it ended quickly and mafia didn't win. It doesn't feel too bad since it was so sudden.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 2:14:41 PM
Well this was interesting. I figured that TP won as soon as I saw Drafter post the endgame thread. At least you've made history Drafter by having the shortest game. I honestly don't know why FT's FOS on me didn't gain more traction. He certainly made some valid points.

I kind of want to try epicmafia now. If my computer wasn't so slow...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 2:16:48 PM
Why did you guys kill Budda? We did become more uncertain of him being mafia later in the DP, but he was still the most likely mislynch for DP2.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 2:16:49 PM
I had a feeling Mestari was guilty but I knew I could live with that because the reason we lost would then be that cop had actually investigated a guilty player and did not out their results. Cops are supposed to out results, not provide cryptic clues hoping the town would pick them up.

I think my response to Mestari sums up my feelings on the issue.

At 10/25/2012 10:46:41 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
@ Mestari, okay, I'll buy that Maxx was breadcrumbing for now. Even if he did investigate you and you are scum, I can live with that since a role cop not outing guilty results is a really dumb way to play the game and this is all on Maxx if he really did investigate you guilty.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 2:16:58 PM
At 10/27/2012 2:09:10 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Lol, I had a feeling about FT. No clue about Ifly though. Good job. Interesting orchestration of arguments by Mestari and FT.

At least it ended quickly and mafia didn't win. It doesn't feel too bad since it was so sudden.

Awww, why no love?
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 2:17:31 PM
At 10/27/2012 2:16:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Why did you guys kill Budda? We did become more uncertain of him being mafia later in the DP, but he was still the most likely mislynch for DP2.

I honestly didn't care who we NK'd. That decision was made by FT.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 2:18:44 PM
Well, this was fun while it lasted. There were a lot of so called "plotlines" going on. Would have been intense had is gone on longer.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 2:22:24 PM
At 10/27/2012 2:20:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
@ IFLY, yes.

Would you guys like me to do it now or wait until DP2 of Zaradi's ends?

I personally wouldn't mind if you started it after DP2 of Zaradi's game though I could really go either way.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 2:27:26 PM
Good game Drafter. Thanks for hosting. We only had a single day but we managed to cram quite a bit of analysis into it.

Imagine if we got two character claims, a role claim and VTNL'd and saw the endgame thread. That would have been EPIC.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 3:10:36 PM
and imagine I was going to shoot mestari if I was lynched. I changed it from F-16 when I saw thag game by game analysis of my behavior. Scum dont put that much effort into analysis lol
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 4:21:02 PM
At 10/27/2012 2:18:34 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
And I am still laughing my @$$ off about trying to make a case against "scum_on_rails."

Never would have worked. I'd 100% soft claimed journalist, I'd visited you first (Drafter, did you copy and paste the actions wrong or something?) , alluded to passive vs. active many times etc.

Well, it's a shame that this game ended so quickly. Some frenetic, decent discussion was going on. Losing by, in effect, NP 2 (as per a regular game) is a bit of a quick game, and perhaps not one quite accustomed to my playstyle, nor my activity! The game effectively ends as I come up to my weekend. Brilliant.

Thanks for hosting Drafter. An interesting, if somewhat swift game.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 6:54:50 PM
Interesting note: Up until the point that I soft-claimed vig, I forgot that I was mafia. It wasn't until afterwards that I checked my messages again and remembered that I was part of the mafia pm. I honestly thought I was the townie journalist at the time.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 8:30:10 PM
Woot woot creepy girl FTW.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 9:25:03 PM
lol
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.