Jump to topic:

"The Colony" Mafia DP2

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 10:10:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ameileiya rushed over as quickly as she could, after making sure that someone was looking out for her little sister, to see what all the commotion was. There was already a bit of a crowd forming, but she was able to muscle her way through the crowd to view the body lying there. The colony's doctor was already on the scene, as was the town's pastor. The medic was checking vitals, while trying to maintain pressure on the wound. It was leaking out blood too quickly though, and soon the doctor looked up and shook his head from the left to the right slowly, solemnly. The man didn't make it.

"Do you know what happened?" Ameileiya asked the pastor, who was signing the holy symbol above the body. "It was the Reckoners. Them and their satanic biker gang ilk came in and shot him from behind. It was completely unjust and unholy." the priest said. An audible sigh came from the doctor. "I tried to stay with him, to keep an eye on him tonight. But he wasn't where he told me he was gonna be. If I had just kept track--" he started, but stopped, gritting his teeth slightly and holding his head. Ameileiya frowned slightly, moving the doctor's hand away to place her palm against his forehead. She removed it quickly and waved her hand, much like she would've had she stuck it into a pot of heated water. "Doctor! You're ill!" she exclaimed, but was merely waved off by a disgruntled snort. "We have bigger problems than me catching a fever. Kevin caught a bullet", he said, getting up and walking away to reveal the identity of the body killed: the sherrif.

Daytona: You are Kevin Dammond, a 57-year old sheriff from a small, rural town. You were fairly popular with everyone you protected, being known for a fair and just decision in any disputes and people trusted you. You also have a good opinion of all your protectees and think highly of each and every one of them. You are a COP. Every night, you may target one person to investigate for affiliation confirmation. You with with the survivors.

Active Players:

1. Budda
2. IFLY
3. F-16
4. Drafter
5. Medic
6. Ober
7. OneE
8. Spinko
9. MA
10. HcP
11. Johnny

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Begin!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 10:16:23 PM
Dammit, doc didn't doc me like they should have. Whatever. It happens. Daytona, out. Unless I am replaced back in.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 10:25:51 PM
DEAD
1) Daytona - Kevin Dammond - Cop - TOWN

ROLE CLAIM

CHARACTER CLAIM
1) medic - Ameileiya Elliot
2) social - Alexander Mason
3) oneelephant - Billy Jones
4) F-16 - John Wilson
5) militaryatheist - Tayler Dawson
6) drafterman - Aeric Teemon
7) OberHerr - Nathan Dalesburry
8) HCP - Joseph Bertrand
9) IFLYHIGH - Travis Nielson
10) Buddamoose - scarllet layne

UNCLAIMED
11) johnnyboy54
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 10:50:01 PM
@ Drafter, why did you give MA a "freebie" this phase and go after Daytona for a role just because he was killed first in your game? How is being killed NP0 in a different game relevant in any way to being pressured for a claim in this one?

In any case,

VTL MA
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 11:00:45 PM
From the OP it sounds like the doc tried to protect him but was interfered with somehow. Poisoning is also possible, given the fever, so that may be why his role didn't work. Anyway, JB is the last to character claim so, barring any other significant results from last night, I say we get his role while we're at it.

VTL JohnnyBoy
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 11:05:28 PM
At 10/27/2012 11:00:45 PM, medic0506 wrote:
From the OP it sounds like the doc tried to protect him but was interfered with somehow. Poisoning is also possible, given the fever, so that may be why his role didn't work. Anyway, JB is the last to character claim so, barring any other significant results from last night, I say we get his role while we're at it.

VTL JohnnyBoy

JB is not a bad choice. Why not MA though?

Where did you get the idea that players may be "poisoned?" That is not a very common mafia role. I've only ever vaguely heard of it on mafiascum.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 11:08:22 PM
@Medic-Why Johnny over MA? We don't need to vtl for character claims as we can ask for one when he checks in. In my experience, MA is much more inactive and is a better candidate to claim.

VTL MA.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 11:21:06 PM
At 10/27/2012 11:05:28 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/27/2012 11:00:45 PM, medic0506 wrote:

VTL JohnnyBoy

JB is not a bad choice. Why not MA though?

Where did you get the idea that players may be "poisoned?" That is not a very common mafia role. I've only ever vaguely heard of it on mafiascum.

Just considering the possibilities given what Z said in the OP. What else would explain the fever, and the doc's failed attempt to protect the cop?? Also, I'm not sure about how others would play it as mafia but Daytona claimed cop on dp 1, and was almost guaranteed to be doc'd or watched. It was risky for mafia to attempt to kill him last night unless they were fairly confident that it would go through. I wouldn't have risked it on night 1 unless I had some tricks to work with.

As for MA, I'm ok with getting both. Is there a particular reason you're pushing for MA??
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 11:36:48 PM
@ Medic, there are plenty of things that could explain a fever. Perhaps the character was out in the cold. Perhaps they ate food they were allergic to. Perhaps they had too much ice-cream. Perhaps a mosquito bit them. I never saw the fever as anything to do with a mafia role and I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that the player could have been poisoned.

Isn't it much more likely that the mafia were lucky roleblocking IFY perhaps? And that the doc chose to protect you for having claimed a character from the OP? Or that there is no doc, mafia have a ninja, they were told there wasn't a doc, and they took at shot at the cop? Or mafia having a strong/piercing kill? Why specifically did you say that it was likely that they poisoned their target?

My reasoning for pressuring MA is that he is inactive and I don't feel that being killed in a different game warrants an excuse from claiming in this game. Johnny has also been inactive. He is a good target. I wouldn't mind getting his claim after MA's. But I want to know why specifically you chose to not pressure MA.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 11:41:52 PM
At 10/27/2012 11:36:48 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Perhaps they had too much ice-cream.

SERIOUSLY!?!?!? You can get a fever from that?!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2012 11:58:25 PM
@ Medic, there are plenty of things that could explain a fever. Perhaps the character was out in the cold. Perhaps they ate food they were allergic to. Perhaps they had too much ice-cream. Perhaps a mosquito bit them. I never saw the fever as anything to do with a mafia role and I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that the player could have been poisoned.

I don't have a "conclusion", I'm just pointing out options. The fever combined with a failed night action leads to something similar to that being a "possibility".

Isn't it much more likely that the mafia were lucky roleblocking IFY perhaps? And that the doc chose to protect you for having claimed a character from the OP? Or that there is no doc, mafia have a ninja, they were told there wasn't a doc, and they took at shot at the cop? Or mafia having a strong/piercing kill? Why specifically did you say that it was likely that they poisoned their target?

Any of those things are possible, and you're misquoting what I said. I never said anything was "likely", I referred to "possibilities".

My reasoning for pressuring MA is that he is inactive and I don't feel that being killed in a different game warrants an excuse from claiming in this game. Johnny has also been inactive. He is a good target. I wouldn't mind getting his claim after MA's. But I want to know why specifically you chose to not pressure MA.

He gave his character last dp, as did everyone but JB and that's why I voted for JB for a full claim. I don't see any reason to force a role claim from him when there is someone who didn't comply with the mass character claim.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 12:01:05 AM
At 10/27/2012 11:41:52 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Perhaps they had too much ice-cream.

SERIOUSLY!?!?!? You can get a fever from that?!

If it's poisoned, sure you can...lol
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 12:04:21 AM
At 10/28/2012 12:00:37 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Medic, have you ever played a game in which there was a mafia poisoner?

We had that ability in Royal Conspiracy.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 12:24:20 AM
If I seemed "overly critical," why did you not point this out when I questioned you? As far as I recall, you as town don't like to be questioned for information.

Why weren't you curious about my reasoning for (what it would seem like to someone who doesn't know why I did it) making a mountain out of a molehill?

Why are you not actively scumhunting but merely reacting to my questions and answering them and only hesitantly throw a weak FOS on me (overly critical) after I explicitly asked you why you weren't curious about my questioning. In essence, why are you being reactive as opposed to pro-active?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 12:47:41 AM
At 10/28/2012 12:24:20 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
If I seemed "overly critical," why did you not point this out when I questioned you? As far as I recall, you as town don't like to be questioned for information.

I did point out that you misquoted me. I never saw myself as minding being questioned, I just have a problem with being forced to out my role early in the game without good reason. That's the only time I remember putting up a fight.

Why weren't you curious about my reasoning for (what it would seem like to someone who doesn't know why I did it) making a mountain out of a molehill?

I didn't see the questions as being all that out of line, just a little rough in delivery.

Why are you not actively scumhunting but merely reacting to my questions and answering them and only hesitantly throw a weak FOS on me (overly critical) after I explicitly asked you why you weren't curious about my questioning. In essence, why are you being reactive as opposed to pro-active?

Sometimes you can learn alot by being reactive rather than pro-active.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 12:56:20 AM
I was about to make more questions but I'll drop it.

The reason I asked those questions was I suspected you might have inside knowledge. You suspected the possibility of a role I've never seen in play before on DDO.

So, I probed further to see if I could get either a town reaction or a scum reaction from you. I got neither but looking through DP1, you soft-claimed a role - more likely to come from town than scum.

Your responses seem decent enough and you did say that you have seen the role before. However, you also didn't react as you normally react when town - aggressively.

You also didn't FOS me until I asked why. But your claim of a character from the OP as well as the soft-claim is enough for me to drop it for now.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 11:10:31 AM
At 10/27/2012 10:50:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
@ Drafter, why did you give MA a "freebie" this phase and go after Daytona for a role just because he was killed first in your game? How is being killed NP0 in a different game relevant in any way to being pressured for a claim in this one?

It isn't really relevant. I just felt bad, so wanted to give him a break. No biggie.

VTL MA

In any case,

VTL MA
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 11:43:34 AM
At work, weekends I generally dont have much time to post due to work, and getting caught up worh madden. So I'll VTL MA, and if this DP is still up by later tonight, or tomorrow morning I'll post analysis then. Same goes for Fire and Ice mafia, dont reallt feel comfortable posting analysis in such little time, especially since in both games it seems there is quite a bit to analyze.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 1:25:02 PM
@F-16, I am a little worried why you are misrepresenting Medic. You are basically saying that he is scummy because he didn't mind being questioned about his behavior. But since when has Medic been worried about people questioning his behavior?

Gah, there isn't really much to go on is there? I'm almost tempted to randomly vote somebody and see what kind of response I get...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 1:34:12 PM
Actually... Unvote.

I didn't think it'd be bad to out a role, given the the presumed existence of protective roles, but obviously the mafia has ways around that.

First, IFLY claims to have protected him and isn't the doc (so... pastor)?
Second, mafia wouldn't have even tried to kill daytona unless they knew they could ensure the kill would go through, and that they wouldn't get caught.

I pretty much agree with medic's suggestions. The mafia have some tricks up their sleeves. It's not just Ninja, as that wouldn't guarantee the kill would go through. It's not just Strong/Piercing, as they couldn't avoid being watched. So either they have both, or some other powers.

If anyone watched daytona, please out (but only if you have results other than the fact that IFLY visited him). If anyone tracked another player to daytona, please out.

Given mafia's abilities, we need to be careful about outing more roles until we can reliably protect them.