"The Colony" Mafia DP3

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 10:57:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
VROOM!

The sound of a massive motor flying over a hill as a star-spangled Jeep flies over a ridge and continues down the rocky terrain, screaming at the top of his lungs with excitement and enthusiasm, and back-woods country-folk music blaring from his car's stereo system. The man has one hand on the steering wheel, the other was holding a can of beer that he was trying to keep pointing up so that its contents did not spill onto his lap. Billy let out a laugh and took a swig of it, continuing to off-road in his jeep.

After a while, there was a clearing in the woods where he got back onto open road and ran into a wall of flying bullets.

Billy ducked before any of the lead hit him, and glass rained around him from his shattered wind shield. He slammed on the break, spun the steering wheel so the flank of his jeep faced the fire, and reached behind him for where he always kept his hunting rifle. If people were shooting at him, to hell if he wasn't gonna shoot back! He got out of his seat and out of the Jeep, still ducking, and got behind the front wheel, onto to see a biker in a ski mask emblazoned with a skeletal face aiming a gun straight at him. He didn't have anywhere near enough time to react as the bullet caught the redneck square in the chest. The gunfire quickly stopped, and all that was left was a dead man with his jeep stereo blaring loudly within a few minutes.

-----

Ameileiya looked around the town in despair. As time was going on, more and more people were leaving the colony and those who were staying around were starting to get sick. The sickness that had infected the doctor was spreading, and there wasn't a known cure in sight.

OneElephant: You are Billy Jones, a 46-year old living in the outskirts of your town. Even those who live in the sticks consider you to be the epitome of redneck, complete with your camo vest and absolute habit of never being without a can of beer. You are also an avid gun fan, and possess numerous firearms in your trailer, as well as the knowledge of how to use them. However, it"s been a while since you"ve been able to stock up on ammunition, and times are not one that you can just find a gun shop around the corner. Regardless, you are a VIGILANTE. You possess the ability to kill 3 people, dispersed throughout two nights and one day (meaning two night kills and one day kill). You win with the survivors.

Johnny has been replaced by OneElephant(2)!
bossyburrito has replaced IFLY!
Mestari has replaced MA!

Active Players List:

1. Budda
2. Bossy
3. F-16
4. Spinko
5. HcP
6. Drafter
7. Medic
8. OneE(2)
9. Mestari
10. Ober

With 10 players remaining, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

48 hours starts now. BEGIN!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 11:01:33 PM
Ok..results?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 11:07:18 PM
First order of business - In your face HCP!

Second order of business - Budda is scum. I replaced Johnny (Belinda) who is beloved princess, role paraphrasal coming soon.

Third order of business - I'm leaning scum for F-16 as well. I don't remember clearly, but he tried to deflect pressure off of Budda. He also encouraged me to shoot IFLY to confirm him and not Budda, something which was not very bright in my mind (mafia could have role blocked IFLY).

VTL BUDDA
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 11:15:21 PM
Johnny/OneElephant: You are Belinda Elliot. You are a 6-year old girl as well as Ameileiya Elliot's younger sister. Being the sole child in the colony, you are both innocent and adored by many of it's citizens. Because of this, you are the BELOVED PRINCESS. A DP will be skipped if you are lynched, a NP will be skipped if you are killed.

Additionally, you often wander around the campgrounds, looking for things to pass the time (and giving everyone a headache in general!). Occasionally, you even end up with cool/useful stuff! Thus, you are also the SCAVENGER. You are allowed to use anything you find during the following day or night phases, or pass your item along to someone else.

[Items found redacted]
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 11:17:29 PM
At 11/1/2012 11:15:21 PM, OneElephant wrote:
Johnny/OneElephant: You are Belinda Elliot. You are a 6-year old girl as well as Ameileiya Elliot's younger sister. Being the sole child in the colony, you are both innocent and adored by many of it's citizens. Because of this, you are the BELOVED PRINCESS. A DP will be skipped if you are lynched, a NP will be skipped if you are killed.

Additionally, you often wander around the campgrounds, looking for things to pass the time (and giving everyone a headache in general!). Occasionally, you even end up with cool/useful stuff! Thus, you are also the SCAVENGER. You are allowed to use anything you find during the following day or night phases, or pass your item along to someone else.

[Items found redacted]

Has JB given anyone anything?

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 11:18:26 PM
Gotta go to bed, cya all in the morning!

OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 11:20:24 PM
At 11/1/2012 11:10:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I wasn't "deflecting pressure."

I didn't initially buy that Budda was scum.

VTL Budda

Um, yes you did.

You fought to get Medic's/the mason's claim before Budda's. Additionally, you encouraged me to shoot IFLY and to have IFLY protect himself in order to confirm IFLY after I told you I was contemplating shooting Budda. Why did you do that F-16? Could it be that you're actually mafia and was worried that I'll shoot your team member, and therefore tried to devise a plot that would help Budda survive the NP after killing me? Did you actually not consider that if mafia had a role blocker, they could have blocked IFLY which would have resulted in me killing IFLY?
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 11:20:43 PM
At 11/1/2012 11:17:29 PM, OberHerr wrote:

[Items found redacted]

Has JB given anyone anything?

Nope.
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 11:23:52 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but given F-16's reaction (assuming he's mafia) I'm guessing the "illness" described in the OP spreads by night visits and is outside of mafia control.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 12:34:18 AM

[Items found redacted]

Well if you're the beloved princess then that cc's Budda's claim, which I thought was good. Makes sense for your character though...

VTL Budda
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 12:43:05 AM
At 11/1/2012 11:20:24 PM, OneElephant wrote:
At 11/1/2012 11:10:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I wasn't "deflecting pressure."

I didn't initially buy that Budda was scum.

VTL Budda

Um, yes you did.

You fought to get Medic's/the mason's claim before Budda's. Additionally, you encouraged me to shoot IFLY and to have IFLY protect himself in order to confirm IFLY after I told you I was contemplating shooting Budda. Why did you do that F-16? Could it be that you're actually mafia and was worried that I'll shoot your team member, and therefore tried to devise a plot that would help Budda survive the NP after killing me? Did you actually not consider that if mafia had a role blocker, they could have blocked IFLY which would have resulted in me killing IFLY?

Did you see at the end of the last dp, I found something in the op that may have implicated IFH, that's why Falcon advised trying to confirm IFH's role. I'm not protecting anyone but he didn't mention shooting IFH until I posted that.

Didn't you already confirm Falcon's role?? Has anyone ever heard of a mafia bulletproof?? I haven't ever seen that role.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 12:52:03 AM
VTL OneElephant

I figured mafia were likely to try and lynch me. Think about it, in a 12 player game it could be reasonably surmised that there would be 3(or 4) mafia. With 10 players alive its 7 to 3 or 6 to 4. Even if it we're seven to three, a ML plus two NK's makes it 4 to 3.

Beyond that, does anyone have the slightest clue what the fever does? What if someone dies from it over the course of the day that will be skipped upon my lynch. This very easily could spell the end of the game if I'm lynched. Even if there are 3 mafia and not four.

Its absolutely imperative I not be lynched, the game is truly at stake here.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 12:54:39 AM
woops VTL OneElephant
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:26:05 AM
I don't know if I was cured or not. I received no message either way. I was, however, roleblocked, which is absurd. Poisoner, driver, and roleblocker?

I'll provide some more analysis later.

Meh.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:56:50 AM
I really am not liking the "Masons".

Three people, most lurking, that haven't revealed their roles, with the only really active one scummy as hell...

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 8:25:30 AM
In want to get the rest of the claims.

VTL Spinko

DEAD

Daytona - Kevin Dammond - Cop - TOWN
OneElephant1 - Billy Jones - Vig - TOWN

ROLE CLAIM

HCP - Joseph Bertrand - Purifier (Cures Poisons) + Mason
F-16 - John Wilson - Bulletproof
Drafterman - Aeric Teemon - Doctor (Poisoned NP1)
OberHerr - Nathan Dalesburry - Female Popular/Male Unpopular
Medic - Ameileiya Elliot - Chracter from OP - Vanilla
Bossy - Travis Nielson - Paramedic - (Protected Daytona NP1)
Buddamoose - Scarllet Layne - Beloved Princess
OneElephant2 - Belinda Elliot - Beloved Princess

CHARACTER CLAIM

social - Alexander Mason - ???? + Mason
Mestari - Tayler Dawson - ???? + Mason
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:43:33 AM
About to be Lynched:

Budda (3/6): OneE(2), F-16, Medic
OneE(2) (1/6): Budda
Spinko (1/6): Drafter

Spinko has not been active in a while. I will give him a while (12 hours or so) before I will replace him.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 10:48:26 AM
Unvote
VTL Spinko

I agree with getting the rest of the claims first. After thinking about it, I don't think we should lynch one of the beloved princess claims until after we catch some mafia. Budda does have a point in that we can't afford to lose a day phase if we're wrong.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 11:14:26 AM
At 11/2/2012 10:48:26 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Unvote
VTL Spinko

I agree with getting the rest of the claims first. After thinking about it, I don't think we should lynch one of the beloved princess claims until after we catch some mafia. Budda does have a point in that we can't afford to lose a day phase if we're wrong.

That was more a point of why we shouldnt lynch me, cause I know I'm a BP. I have no problems with a OneE lynch because he isnt legitimate, and it would actually lynch a scum.

Think about it, Johmny was actually participating in DP1 and DP2(not as much as DP1 but still, thay scavenger ability is something that was a perfect way for Johnny to role-confirm, and thus affiliation confirm himself if he did. So why didnt he?

I dont see a town-motive to not at least pass one of those items if the claim were legit. Not only that, given that according to the claim, Johnmy/OneE dying at night causes a NP to be skipped, the behavior does not match with the claim. With a role like that, the most proper course of action is to try and make yourself a NK target in some way. Whether that be by analysis, or by confirming yourself in some way right away, like idk, giving somebody an item you can pass to anyone. Staying quiet and eventually goin inactive isnt the way to accomplish that. In essence Johnny's/OneE's behavior has stronger scum motivations, then town.

If anyone at all uses a smidgen of common sense with this it becomes painfully obvious that OneElephant is outright lying in an attempts to pull out a win in this situation.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 11:19:04 AM
I agree with the point about Johnny not confirming himself but I don't understand the scum motivation to cc you when OneE(2) wouldn't have been lynched otherwise this DP.

You say scum is trying to pull off a win tonight. In your opinion, how do those numbers work?
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 11:32:07 AM
At 11/2/2012 11:19:04 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I agree with the point about Johnny not confirming himself but I don't understand the scum motivation to cc you when OneE(2) wouldn't have been lynched otherwise this DP.

You say scum is trying to pull off a win tonight. In your opinion, how do those numbers work?

Didnt I already go thru the math previously in my first post this DP? Oh well I'll repeat it once more. In a 12 player game, it can be reasonably surmised that there were 3 or 4 mafia at starts. If there are 4, then with 10 players alive that means there are 6 town votes, to 4 mafia votes. Putting up at MyLO. Even if there are 3 mafia, then that still makes it 7 to 3, and after my lynch that brings it to 4 to 3.

Beyond that, look at how oneElephant in one of his previous posts, tries to play down the fever, as a game mechanic as opposed to a part of the scum's abilities. Do we know anything about the fever at all, besides that someone is likely poisoning town members(the doc). In a post-apocalyptic world, if someone gets sick, even if theres a doctor, there isnt much chance of survival. Especially if the illness contracted is a viral or biotic infection. Post-Apocalyptic means lack of proper medical supplies to deal with these illnesses, and in the genre in question usually spells death.

Modern medicine has made it so most dont realize exactly how dangerous even the slightest of illnesses truly are. Without modern medicine, fatality rates from diseases skyrocket. Also, if the illness were just a game mechanic, that would add suspicion to HcP. Why add a role in to counter a game mechanic? Roles are generally added as a means to counter scum roles, not to counter a game mechanic.

So in summary, even if mafia started with just three players, there is still a more than reasonable chance that Drafter ends up dying before there is even an opportunity to lynch OneE in the event of my lynch.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 11:36:21 AM
Which is why, it should be obvious OneE is scum. In the same situation, I would do much the same. The risk: losing a scum if someone doesnt die to the fever, which still leaves mafia with good odds after with a 3 to 2 count and constant LYLO from that point on. The reward: An early and rather simple win.

There is plenty of motivation for why OneE would CC me as scum F-16. The analysis more than does a sufficient job showing this. Combine that with the other evidence I presented and it leaves town with one undeniable conclusion, OneE is scum, and therefore needs to be lynched
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 11:42:31 AM
At 11/2/2012 11:14:26 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 11/2/2012 10:48:26 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Unvote
VTL Spinko

That was more a point of why we shouldnt lynch me, cause I know I'm a BP. I have no problems with a OneE lynch because he isnt legitimate, and it would actually lynch a scum.

Even if that's true, only you have the benefit of that information. You don't seriously expect anyone else to be convinced by that, do you? Not an epic veteran such as yourself.

I agree with medic, random lynching between two BP claims is about the worst thing we can do.

Think about it, Johmny was actually participating in DP1 and DP2(not as much as DP1 but still, thay scavenger ability is something that was a perfect way for Johnny to role-confirm, and thus affiliation confirm himself if he did. So why didnt he?

OneE will have to clarify on that point, but my reading of his role makes it sound passive, not something he can deliberately invoke (save the passing of the items).

I dont see a town-motive to not at least pass one of those items if the claim were legit. Not only that, given that according to the claim, Johnmy/OneE dying at night causes a NP to be skipped, the behavior does not match with the claim. With a role like that, the most proper course of action is to try and make yourself a NK target in some way. Whether that be by analysis, or by confirming yourself in some way right away, like idk, giving somebody an item you can pass to anyone. Staying quiet and eventually goin inactive isnt the way to accomplish that. In essence Johnny's/OneE's behavior has stronger scum motivations, then town.

Sorry, but trying to invite the night kill is no simply matter. The mafia are usually highly wary of such things. It is a very hard thing to do. The only times I have seen mafia hit roles like that (such as bomb) is through pure chance rather than being tricked into doing so.

If anyone at all uses a smidgen of common sense with this it becomes painfully obvious that OneElephant is outright lying in an attempts to pull out a win in this situation.

I can see it both ways. Beloved Princess is an unusual role, and I've seen mafia fake it to good effect, given that it naturally deters people away from lynching them, and it is uncommon enough to make risk of CC low. So I can see you, as scum, fake claiming it, not expecting to be CC'd, or OneE fake claiming it now, hoping for a quick win.

Again, no one else can benefit from your personal knowledge of your own role, so that's not a factor here. All anyone else can see is to Princess claims, and random lynching between the two is a horrible judgement call.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 11:44:11 AM
At 11/2/2012 8:25:30 AM, drafterman wrote:
In want to get the rest of the claims.

VTL Spinko

DEAD

Daytona - Kevin Dammond - Cop - TOWN
OneElephant1 - Billy Jones - Vig - TOWN

ROLE CLAIM

HCP - Joseph Bertrand - Purifier (Cures Poisons) + Mason
F-16 - John Wilson - Bulletproof
Drafterman - Aeric Teemon - Doctor (Poisoned NP1)
OberHerr - Nathan Dalesburry - Female Popular/Male Unpopular
Medic - Ameileiya Elliot - Chracter from OP - Vanilla
Bossy - Travis Nielson - Paramedic - (Protected Daytona NP1)
Buddamoose - Scarllet Layne - Beloved Princess
OneElephant2 - Belinda Elliot - Beloved Princess

CHARACTER CLAIM

social - Alexander Mason - ???? + Mason
Mestari - Tayler Dawson - ???? + Mason

Based on this, I'm actually leaning toward the Masons being town (with, maybe, a single infiltrator). They don't appear to have a recruitment ability and town has NO investigative roles except cop.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 11:50:06 AM
@Drafter- even with the evidence I presented, you still consider it a random lynch? Ugh...

By the way, were you cured, or are you still sick. As the only person who is confirmed as sick, you can give us the most info as to what is happening to you. Any additional notifications or updates on ur characters status in regards to your condition?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion