Total Posts:218|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Fire and Ice Mafia DP3

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 9:15:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Daytonanerd was stuck in a burning building with no way out. The rescue squad had failed to make an air vent in the building leading the fire to have no way out. Daytona has been killed. Tvellalott was playing upside-down hockey in a frozen lake under the ice when suddenly, the hole in the ice froze again leaving TV trapped. TV has been killed as well.

*Tvellalott (2) has replaced Mestari NP2*
*Drafterman (2) had replaced SocialPinko DP2*
*IFLY(2) had replaced Johnny DP2*
*Mestari had replaced Zaradi NP1*

Dead Players

1) IFLYHIGH (1) - Vengeful Townie - TOWN - Lynched DP1
2) Logic_on_Rails - Ice Mafia Goon - ICE MAFIA - Venge-Killed DP1

3) Drafterman (1) - Town Doctor - TOWN - Killed NP1
4) HCP - Town Macho Ice Cop - TOWN - Killed NP1

5) Daytonanerd - Hidden Ice Miller - TOWN - Killed NP2
6) TVellalott (1) - Vanilla Townie - TOWN - Killed NP2

Active Players

1) Tvellalott (2) (replaced Zaradi/Mestari)
2) Bossyburrito
3) Drafterman (2) (replaced SocialPinko)
4) OneElephant
5) Medic
6) Buddamoose
7) OberHerr
8) IFLYHIGH (2) (replaced Johnnyboy)
9) FourTrouble

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 9:43:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
TV flipped town so that hunch about Budda that I talked about last dp is stronger and has some teeth. Budda and IFH both had their votes on him at the end of last dp. I also still suspect Drafter, who still voted for FT today. Given that situation, I think FT is town.

If we don't lynch scum today we're in trouble so I'm gonna hold off on voting until others have posted.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 9:50:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 9:43:44 AM, medic0506 wrote:
TV flipped town so that hunch about Budda that I talked about last dp is stronger and has some teeth. Budda and IFH both had their votes on him at the end of last dp. I also still suspect Drafter, who still voted for FT today.

Why wouldn't I? Also, I'll remind you that the last time you found me suspicious for going after FT, I was Town and he was Mafia (Once Upon a Time)

Given that situation, I think FT is town.

Sorry, but really, medic? You are more experienced than this. This is newb-level simplistic thinking.

Mafia often manufacture arguments against each other for that very reason (to make town think one is Town if the other flips Mafia). Likewise, killing off a Townie to cast suspicion on other Townies who were arguing with them is also a common tactic. You are too good a mafia player to actually be committing to these kinds of mistakes.


If we don't lynch scum today we're in trouble so I'm gonna hold off on voting until others have posted.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:43:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 9:50:55 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:43:44 AM, medic0506 wrote:
TV flipped town so that hunch about Budda that I talked about last dp is stronger and has some teeth. Budda and IFH both had their votes on him at the end of last dp. I also still suspect Drafter, who still voted for FT today.

Why wouldn't I? Also, I'll remind you that the last time you found me suspicious for going after FT, I was Town and he was Mafia (Once Upon a Time)

That was another time and another place, and it has no bearing on whether I'm right or wrong in this game.

Given that situation, I think FT is town.

Sorry, but really, medic? You are more experienced than this. This is newb-level simplistic thinking.

Mafia often manufacture arguments against each other for that very reason (to make town think one is Town if the other flips Mafia). Likewise, killing off a Townie to cast suspicion on other Townies who were arguing with them is also a common tactic. You are too good a mafia player to actually be committing to these kinds of mistakes.

I'm not just relying on your suspicion of him. His behavior seems town to me. He was busy and aggressive last dp, and seemed to be doing alot of work looking into previous discussions, pushing people to account for comments, etc. In addition, he strongly defended IFH dp 1, and that's town motivation to me. If he were scum I'd expect that he might defend him to gain cred, but I don't think his defense would have been as strong as it was that day, since derailing the mislynch would have defeated his own purposes. Those things don't make him town necessarily, but I really can't find a reason to have anything other than a town read on him, at this point.

If we don't lynch scum today we're in trouble so I'm gonna hold off on voting until others have posted.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:47:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:43:51 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:50:55 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:43:44 AM, medic0506 wrote:
TV flipped town so that hunch about Budda that I talked about last dp is stronger and has some teeth. Budda and IFH both had their votes on him at the end of last dp. I also still suspect Drafter, who still voted for FT today.

Why wouldn't I? Also, I'll remind you that the last time you found me suspicious for going after FT, I was Town and he was Mafia (Once Upon a Time)

That was another time and another place, and it has no bearing on whether I'm right or wrong in this game.

Given that situation, I think FT is town.

Sorry, but really, medic? You are more experienced than this. This is newb-level simplistic thinking.

Mafia often manufacture arguments against each other for that very reason (to make town think one is Town if the other flips Mafia). Likewise, killing off a Townie to cast suspicion on other Townies who were arguing with them is also a common tactic. You are too good a mafia player to actually be committing to these kinds of mistakes.

I'm not just relying on your suspicion of him. His behavior seems town to me. He was busy and aggressive last dp, and seemed to be doing alot of work looking into previous discussions, pushing people to account for comments, etc. In addition, he strongly defended IFH dp 1, and that's town motivation to me. If he were scum I'd expect that he might defend him to gain cred, but I don't think his defense would have been as strong as it was that day, since derailing the mislynch would have defeated his own purposes. Those things don't make him town necessarily, but I really can't find a reason to have anything other than a town read on him, at this point.

But he didn't actually derail the mislynch, did he?


If we don't lynch scum today we're in trouble so I'm gonna hold off on voting until others have posted.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:03:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:47:12 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:43:51 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:50:55 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:43:44 AM, medic0506 wrote:
TV flipped town so that hunch about Budda that I talked about last dp is stronger and has some teeth. Budda and IFH both had their votes on him at the end of last dp. I also still suspect Drafter, who still voted for FT today.

Why wouldn't I? Also, I'll remind you that the last time you found me suspicious for going after FT, I was Town and he was Mafia (Once Upon a Time)

That was another time and another place, and it has no bearing on whether I'm right or wrong in this game.

Given that situation, I think FT is town.

Sorry, but really, medic? You are more experienced than this. This is newb-level simplistic thinking.

Mafia often manufacture arguments against each other for that very reason (to make town think one is Town if the other flips Mafia). Likewise, killing off a Townie to cast suspicion on other Townies who were arguing with them is also a common tactic. You are too good a mafia player to actually be committing to these kinds of mistakes.

I'm not just relying on your suspicion of him. His behavior seems town to me. He was busy and aggressive last dp, and seemed to be doing alot of work looking into previous discussions, pushing people to account for comments, etc. In addition, he strongly defended IFH dp 1, and that's town motivation to me. If he were scum I'd expect that he might defend him to gain cred, but I don't think his defense would have been as strong as it was that day, since derailing the mislynch would have defeated his own purposes. Those things don't make him town necessarily, but I really can't find a reason to have anything other than a town read on him, at this point.

But he didn't actually derail the mislynch, did he?

No, but he seemed to be trying, and that's my point.

If we don't lynch scum today we're in trouble so I'm gonna hold off on voting until others have posted.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:07:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
drafter has been misrepresenting what he said on D1. This demonstrates a pretty clear shift in his thinking, a change from when he was confirmed town (D1) to now (D2), a change which can be explained by a change in alignment.

VTL drafter
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:08:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
bossy's blatant lie needs explaining - I'd say he's a good lynch here as well. The other options are Budda/1E. I'll wait to see how TV plays to get a read on his current alignment.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:35:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is simple, drafter and bossy both claimed doc, doc died(drafter) bossy needs to die.

VTL Bossy
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:36:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 12:35:47 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
This is simple, drafter and bossy both claimed doc, doc died(drafter) bossy needs to die.

VTL Bossy

Wrong game huh?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:39:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fourtroublr, if you dont mind me asking, what was Bossy's blatant lie?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:43:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 12:07:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter has been misrepresenting what he said on D1. This demonstrates a pretty clear shift in his thinking, a change from when he was confirmed town (D1) to now (D2), a change which can be explained by a change in alignment.

VTL drafter

Yes. Except all I did on D2 was to cut and paste the discussion from D1.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:44:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 12:03:25 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:47:12 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:43:51 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:50:55 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:43:44 AM, medic0506 wrote:
TV flipped town so that hunch about Budda that I talked about last dp is stronger and has some teeth. Budda and IFH both had their votes on him at the end of last dp. I also still suspect Drafter, who still voted for FT today.

Why wouldn't I? Also, I'll remind you that the last time you found me suspicious for going after FT, I was Town and he was Mafia (Once Upon a Time)

That was another time and another place, and it has no bearing on whether I'm right or wrong in this game.

Given that situation, I think FT is town.

Sorry, but really, medic? You are more experienced than this. This is newb-level simplistic thinking.

Mafia often manufacture arguments against each other for that very reason (to make town think one is Town if the other flips Mafia). Likewise, killing off a Townie to cast suspicion on other Townies who were arguing with them is also a common tactic. You are too good a mafia player to actually be committing to these kinds of mistakes.

I'm not just relying on your suspicion of him. His behavior seems town to me. He was busy and aggressive last dp, and seemed to be doing alot of work looking into previous discussions, pushing people to account for comments, etc. In addition, he strongly defended IFH dp 1, and that's town motivation to me. If he were scum I'd expect that he might defend him to gain cred, but I don't think his defense would have been as strong as it was that day, since derailing the mislynch would have defeated his own purposes. Those things don't make him town necessarily, but I really can't find a reason to have anything other than a town read on him, at this point.

But he didn't actually derail the mislynch, did he?

No, but he seemed to be trying, and that's my point.

Except you said he'd also try as scum, just not so hard as to actually derail the lynch. Since he didn't derail the lynch, I don't see how we can discount him mounting a defense to gain some "cred."
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 1:05:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 12:43:40 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/8/2012 12:07:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter has been misrepresenting what he said on D1. This demonstrates a pretty clear shift in his thinking, a change from when he was confirmed town (D1) to now (D2), a change which can be explained by a change in alignment.

VTL drafter

Yes. Except all I did on D2 was to cut and paste the discussion from D1.

You then proceeded to MISREPRESENT your words and my words, and as a result, to fabricate a contradiction that never existed. The issue at stake here is NOT what the words were - those are available to all of us - the issue here is the fact that you are misrepresenting them.

I'll go over it again, since everyone seems to be ignoring the problem here. On D1, drafter writes:

IFLY has only recently been put at L-1. Yet you've been getting a town-read on him based on his resolute stance for a long while now. So it has NOTHING to do with a refusal to back down while at L-1. Why are you changing your story?

I have bolded the key part - the fact that drafter claims my "town-read" on IFLY was based on IFLY's "resolute stance" prior to the fact that IFLY was put at L-1. drafter then claims that this is inconsistent with my current position.

The problem with drafter's claim is that it is false: I never said IFLY's "resolute stance" in and of itself was a town-tell. I never said my town-read was based on the fact that IFLY stood by his principles prior to the point where IFLY was put at L-1. drafter claims, on D1, that I did.

So naturally, I respond to drafter by clarifying exactly why I got a town-read on IFLY. I was clarifying the basis of my town-read, and in doing so, demonstrating that I had never said IFLY's "resolute stance" was a town-tell UNTIL the point where IFLY was put at L-1.

The discussion is that simple. The problem here is the fact that drafter is NOW misrepresenting it by falsely conflating "resolute stance" with the status quo line, and then claiming that the status quo line is inconsistent with the L-1 line. There is no inconsistency here, but drafter claims there is.

Then, when I point out that there is no inconsistency here and that drafter is misrepresenting things, he continues to push the same point over and over again. What makes drafter scum, as a result of this, is not just that he's misrepresenting things, but also the fact that he's refusing to acknowledge the misunderstanding as a misunderstanding. drafter is refusing to recognize bad reasoning as bad reasoning after it has been pointed out to him. If you recall, drafter claimed on D1 when he was confirmed town that townies are supposed to change their positions when their bad reasoning is pointed out to them. Yet here drafter is doing anything but revising his position. drafter's own scum-hunting principles apply to him here, so it's time we lynch him.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 1:07:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 12:39:35 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Fourtroublr, if you dont mind me asking, what was Bossy's blatant lie?

why the fvck would I mind you asking me that question? a bit self-conscious about engaging me in discussion, huh?
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 1:08:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
btw for anyone who wants to know the problem with bossy, just take a look at my posts early in D2 and TV's posts later in the DP.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 1:14:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 1:05:54 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 11/8/2012 12:43:40 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/8/2012 12:07:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter has been misrepresenting what he said on D1. This demonstrates a pretty clear shift in his thinking, a change from when he was confirmed town (D1) to now (D2), a change which can be explained by a change in alignment.

VTL drafter

Yes. Except all I did on D2 was to cut and paste the discussion from D1.

You then proceeded to MISREPRESENT your words and my words, and as a result, to fabricate a contradiction that never existed.

I cut and pasted our words, verbatim, and explained why they made me think you were scum.

The issue at stake here is NOT what the words were - those are available to all of us - the issue here is the fact that you are misrepresenting them.

I'll go over it again, since everyone seems to be ignoring the problem here. On D1, drafter writes:

IFLY has only recently been put at L-1. Yet you've been getting a town-read on him based on his resolute stance for a long while now. So it has NOTHING to do with a refusal to back down while at L-1. Why are you changing your story?

I have bolded the key part - the fact that drafter claims my "town-read" on IFLY was based on IFLY's "resolute stance" prior to the fact that IFLY was put at L-1. drafter then claims that this is inconsistent with my current position.

The problem with drafter's claim is that it is false: I never said IFLY's "resolute stance" in and of itself was a town-tell. I never said my town-read was based on the fact that IFLY stood by his principles prior to the point where IFLY was put at L-1. drafter claims, on D1, that I did.

If it was false, then it was false in D1.


So naturally, I respond to drafter by clarifying exactly why I got a town-read on IFLY. I was clarifying the basis of my town-read, and in doing so, demonstrating that I had never said IFLY's "resolute stance" was a town-tell UNTIL the point where IFLY was put at L-1.

The discussion is that simple. The problem here is the fact that drafter is NOW misrepresenting it by falsely conflating "resolute stance" with the status quo line, and then claiming that the status quo line is inconsistent with the L-1 line. There is no inconsistency here, but drafter claims there is.

Again, I was doing that on D1 too.


Then, when I point out that there is no inconsistency here and that drafter is misrepresenting things, he continues to push the same point over and over again. What makes drafter scum, as a result of this, is not just that he's misrepresenting things, but also the fact that he's refusing to acknowledge the misunderstanding as a misunderstanding.

Because I don't believe it is a misunderstanding. Why would I acknowledge it?

drafter is refusing to recognize bad reasoning as bad reasoning after it has been pointed out to him. If you recall, drafter claimed on D1 when he was confirmed town that townies are supposed to change their positions when their bad reasoning is pointed out to them.

Except I believe you are scum who is lying to save his hide. This is different. IFLY wasn't refusing to listen to me because he thought I was scum, in fact, he explicitly thought I was town.

Yet here drafter is doing anything but revising his position. drafter's own scum-hunting principles apply to him here, so it's time we lynch him.

And your principles demand you treat me as town when I get to L-1 and don't change my stance.

Conundrum!
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 2:47:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 1:07:11 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 11/8/2012 12:39:35 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Fourtroublr, if you dont mind me asking, what was Bossy's blatant lie?

why the fvck would I mind you asking me that question? a bit self-conscious about engaging me in discussion, huh?

Whoa, whats up with that reaction? Also, what about the answer. Dont have much time on mah break
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 3:09:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Now that we've established IFLY and Buddha can't read me for sh!t where was I?

Oh yes. VOTE bossyburrito.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 10:24:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@FT- Why do you think Drafter tunneling in on you is a scummy? It is an effective strategy to lynch your top scum read. I would understand if Drafter was providing no analysis on other players, but he did give a scum read on TV(1) and OneE. Since Drafter explicitely said on DP1 as town that he usually tunnels on one player, I would hardly consider this a scumtell for him.

Tbh, I am kind of confused as to why Drafter is FOS'ing you at this point. Is it because he doesn't think you pointed out his misunderstanding until DP2? Because if so, I completely disagree. The reason I'm not lynching Drafter right now is that I'm leaning towards him being town. He immeditely picks up from where he left off DP 1 and then proceeds to dismiss the one town-tell that can be applied to him-scum hunting and activity. And tbh, I don't see how sticking to one's reasoning- even if it is flawed- is a scum-tell. One of the draw backs of tunneling on somebody is that it is harder to accept that your scum read is town. You also have to consider the fact that he made these arguments as town on DP1 and also posted them 18 minutes after he replaced Social. So obviously he had reasons for thinking you were scum before he was even replaced. I did the same thing with TV where I already had a case against TV before I was even replaced simply because I was keeping up with the game.

Since TV died and flipped town, Medic is my top scum read atm. He never really addressed my FOS. I am FOS'ing Medic not because I disagree with his FOS's, but rather because I don't understand the reasoning behind them. I asked three questions.

You haven't explained why Budda not realizing TV wasn't being that serious is reason for him being scummy.

You have not explained why there is a possibility that Budda and TV's arguments are manufactured.

You have not explained why even if Drafter is wrong, it indicates he is scum-especially since he used these arguments as town last DP.

He says that these questions are already answered in the DP, but I didn't see where. I also can't help but notice his subtle OMGUS.

My other scum read is Bossy. Not really understanding that WIFOM from last DP.

VTL Medic for death. Anyways, night.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:13:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A few things:
1. It wasn't WIFOM. It was a statement of facts.
2. I did not lie, but I see the merit in thinking I did.
3. IFly brings up a good point about Drafter using that reasoning as Town DP1.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:06:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Replace me plox?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 9:29:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 5:24:40 PM, drafterman wrote:
Budda, you never technically unvoted.

UVC
drafterman - 1/5 - FT
bossy - 2/5 - Budda, TV

This is true, unvote
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 10:00:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 10:24:38 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
@FT- Why do you think Drafter tunneling in on you is a scummy? It is an effective strategy to lynch your top scum read. I would understand if Drafter was providing no analysis on other players, but he did give a scum read on TV(1) and OneE. Since Drafter explicitely said on DP1 as town that he usually tunnels on one player, I would hardly consider this a scumtell for him.

Tbh, I am kind of confused as to why Drafter is FOS'ing you at this point. Is it because he doesn't think you pointed out his misunderstanding until DP2? Because if so, I completely disagree. The reason I'm not lynching Drafter right now is that I'm leaning towards him being town. He immeditely picks up from where he left off DP 1 and then proceeds to dismiss the one town-tell that can be applied to him-scum hunting and activity. And tbh, I don't see how sticking to one's reasoning- even if it is flawed- is a scum-tell. One of the draw backs of tunneling on somebody is that it is harder to accept that your scum read is town. You also have to consider the fact that he made these arguments as town on DP1 and also posted them 18 minutes after he replaced Social. So obviously he had reasons for thinking you were scum before he was even replaced. I did the same thing with TV where I already had a case against TV before I was even replaced simply because I was keeping up with the game.

Since TV died and flipped town, Medic is my top scum read atm. He never really addressed my FOS. I am FOS'ing Medic not because I disagree with his FOS's, but rather because I don't understand the reasoning behind them. I asked three questions.

Seriously?? Since I was right about TV's reaction not making him scummy, I'm scummy for being right??...lol.

I've already addressed these things and I don't see what trouble you're having understanding. Yes, it does seem like you simply disagree with my reasoning but don't try and pass it off as not understanding.

You haven't explained why Budda not realizing TV wasn't being that serious is reason for him being scummy.

As I said, most of the reason I originally suspected him was based on a hunch, though he began accusing TV because of TV's aggressive reaction. Is TV's reaction aggressive?? Yes. But that doesn't make him mafia. His reaction to Budda was not out of character for TV, and I thought Budda was capitalizing on a chance to put a FOS on someone. Now that TV has flipped town, you can see that I was right about TV's reaction, yet you still find me scummy for being suspicious of the guy that was accusing him instead of realizing that there is now some evidence that I was right. I find that puzzling and worthy of a FOS.

You have not explained why there is a possibility that Budda and TV's arguments are manufactured.

Have you never seen mafia teammates manufacture an argument to distance themselves from one another?? If you have then you have to admit that it was a possibility. Townies need to consider all possibilities, and at the time that was one of them. I never pushed it hard as an idea that I thought was probable, in fact, I never even voted for either party, I simply mentioned it in passing as a possibility.

You have not explained why even if Drafter is wrong, it indicates he is scum-especially since he used these arguments as town last DP.

How does the fact that he used the same argument last dp mean that he isn't scum??

He might not be scum, I could be wrong, but there is precious little info to go on at this point so I'm forced to look at behaviors and actions. As I said, I have a pretty strong town read on FT. Drafter is making a mountain out of a molehill and tunneling on FT. At this point in the game, his actions against someone that seems town, are the strongest lead that I can find.

He says that these questions are already answered in the DP, but I didn't see where. I also can't help but notice his subtle OMGUS.

As you can see by the FOS in the above paragraph, I'm not being subtle. Suspicion of one's suspicious reasoning for accusing me does not qualify as OMGUS, since there is good reason for the FOS. Namely, still trying to use an argument against me, even though it turned out that I was right to not suspect TV because of his reaction to Budda.

For right now I think you've jumped ahead of Drafter as my strongest suspicion but I'm going to hold off on voting for awhile.

My other scum read is Bossy. Not really understanding that WIFOM from last DP.

VTL Medic for death. Anyways, night.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 3:41:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Can someone tell me what Bossy's blatant lie was? Good gawd
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 4:34:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 3:41:22 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Can someone tell me what Bossy's blatant lie was? Good gawd

I was mistaken about the order of things that happened.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush