Jump to topic:

"The Colony" Mafia ENDGAME

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 11:23:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Everything happened in the quickest moment. As soon as the execution bullet was fired, a large, fiery red light emitted from the human"s " actually, this being couldn"t be a human " mouth. A general cry of panic was raised, and another bullet was fired, and then another. The lights begin to explode from the gaping bullet holes, as well as from the being"s eyes, and then it was all over. The lights faded, and the being withered away, grounded into dust that was scattered by the breeze.

Another cry of surprise was raised, and around them the infected started to collapse. Some that were fully turned and some that had just been recently been infected. Those who still stood were left, with corpses all around them, and they knew that it was finally over. Not only had they cleared the land of the notorious biker gang, the Reckoners, but that the area, nay the world, was finally cleared of the infected.

Now, they could truly begin to rebuild.

TOWN HAS WON!

1st Place: Town
2nd Place: Zombies
3rd Place: Mafia

ROLES:

Town:

Daytona - Kevin Dammond - Cop (Naive)
Drafter - Aeric Teemon - Doctor
johnny - Belinda Elliot - Beloved Princess/Scavenger
medic - Ameileiya Elliot - Vanilla
HcP - Joseph Bertrand - 3x Purifier/Mason
spinko - Alexander Mason - Apprentice(gets 1x purifier on JB's death)/Mason
MA - Tayler Dawson - 1x Doc
Ober - Nathan Dalesburry - Popular(women)/Hated(men)
OneE - Billy Jones - 2x Night Vig/1x Day Vig

Mafia:

Budda - Travis Nielson - Bus Driver
IFLY - Scarllet Layne - Roleblocker (flavored, could only roleblock men)

TP:

F-16 - Zal'Ganash Insilindrek - Bulletproof/Infector

Role PMs:

You are Kevin Dammond, a 57-year old sheriff from a small, rural town. You were fairly popular with everyone you protected, being known for a fair and just decision in any disputes and people trusted you. You also have a good opinion of all your protectees and think highly of each and every one of them. You are a COP. Every night, you may target one person to investigate for affiliation confirmation. You with with the survivors.

*Mod Note: Is Na"ve, will always receive innocent results on people of the town, including the mafia.*

You are Aeric Teemon, a 34-year old paramedic originally born in a large, industrial city. You moved away from the city once you graduated from medical school and have been loafing around on the job ever since, since nothing ever happens in the small town you moved to. Regardless, your skills in the medical profession make you a DOCTOR. Every night, you may select one person to protect from death. You win with the survivors.

You are Belinda Elliot, a 6-year old and the younger sister to Ameileiya Elliot. Being the child of the entire group, you are well looked after and cared for, relatively of course, and your innocence in the face of desperation is endearing to virtually anyone. Thus, you are the BELOVED PRINCESS. If you are lynched, the town will lose a day phase. If you are killed during the night, the town will lose a night phase. You often wander around the campgrounds a lot, looking for adventure and things that will pass your time and give everyone else a headache trying to keep up with you. However, sometimes you come up with cool things on your adventures and find useful stuff. Thus, you are the SCAVENGER. Every night, you will passively go out on an adventure, looking for things. Anything you find may be used the subsequent day or night phase, or given to someone else to use. You win with the survivors.

*Mod Note: NP1 " Nothing, NP2 " Rusty Telescope (Flavored Watcher, only if but no specifics), NP3 " Nothing, NP4 " Box of Ammunition (1x NK for vigilante), NP5 " Vial of Unknown Liquid (1x Purifier), NP6 " Pistol (1x DK), any longer and Idk"

You are Ameileiya Elliot, a 20-year old and the older sister of Belinda Elliot. You spend most of your time looking after your little sister and trying to keep her out of too much trouble on her little tangents of freedom and adventure, and thus distracts you from having too many duties to the colony. Thus, you are a VANILLA, and have no night actions. You win with the survivors.

You are Joseph Bertrand, a 61-year old priest at the head of a religious sect in town. You are a faithful man, a righteous servant of your god, and you are well-respected throughout most of the town, even if people think you"ve gone bat-sh*t insane and your practices for healing sick people are a little stupid. However, you believe them to be the only way to purify the wicked and the sickly. Thus, you are a PURIFIER. Every night, you may target one person to purify of any abnormal diseases or ailments that they may have. As you are the head of the religious sect, you are also in charge of those under you, and will be placed in a PM with them, making you a MASON. You win with the survivors.

You are Alexander Mason, a 23-year old religious servant practicing under the direction of Joseph Bertrand. You are a firebrand, a passionate follower of your religion and one day hope to become as faithful as your leader. Though it is not your time, you are becoming fairly adept at fulfilling your religion"s practices, thus making you an APPRENTICE. As you are a member of your religious sect, you will be placed in a PM with them, making you a MASON. You win with the survivors.

You are Tayler Dawson, a 19-year old and a recent convert to the local religious sect. You were the first of your family to go to college, and was on the pre-medical route before you were forced to move to where you are now. You still aspire to become a doctor one day, but your limited knowledge impedes your skills. Regardless, you still know enough about medicine to practice. Thus, you are a DOCTOR. You possess a one-shot ability to protect someone from death. As you are a member of your religious sect, you will be placed in a PM with them, making you a MASON. You win with the survivors.

You are Billy Jones, a 46-year old living in the outskirts of your town. Even those who live in the sticks consider you to be the epitome of redneck, complete with your camo vest and absolute habit of never being without a can of beer. You are also an avid gun fan, and possess numerous firearms in your trailer, as well as the knowledge of how to use them. However, it"s been a while since you"ve been able to stock up on ammunition, and times are not one that you can just find a gun shop around the corner. Regardless, you are a VIGILANTE. You possess the ability to kill 3 people, dispersed throughout two nights and one day (meaning two night kills and one day kill). You win with the survivors.

You are Nathan Dalesburry, a 26-year old hotshot who rides throughout life based solely on his looks and charm. Ladies love you, but guys absolutely abhore you. Thus, you are both POPULAR and UNPOPULAR around certain groups. When votes are considered, votes cast by female characters will not count, but male votes will count twice. Other than that, you have no useful skills, making you a VANILLA. You win with the survivors.

You are Travis Nielson, a 26-year old ex-convict and a member of an infamous biker gang known as the Reckoners. You previously went to jail for four counts of kidnapping, and only recently broke out of jail given the recent outbreak. Your skills with sedating and transporting victims is an aide in the swirling chaos of society today. Thus, you are a BUS DRIVER. Every night, you may select two different people to swap their locations. You win with the Reckoners.

-- Continued Next Post --
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 11:33:15 PM
-- Continued Role PMs --

You are Scarllet Layne, a 23- year old recent college drop-out, and boy do you like a good party. You enjoy the feel of getting loose anywhere and waking up and not having to remember a single minute of it. You"re especially talented at getting with any guy you so much as bat your eyelashes at and getting them to do whatever you want for the night. The tales of your adventures under the sheets are legendary, and definitely night-long. Thus, you are a ROLEBLOCKER. Every night, you may target one person to spend the night with, preventing them from taking any action that night. You win with the Reckoners.

*Mod Note: Can only roleblock guys. Girls are unaffected*

You are Zal"Ganash Insilindrek, a demonic creation with control over the dead. You came here from a distant planet, intent on destroying all life. Your control over the dead allows you to raise the dead and convert the living to the dead. Because of your unholy powers, you are impervious to most forms of pain, and thus are BULLETPROOF. You can only die through lynching. You win through INFECTION. Every night, you may target one person to infect. They will not be informed they have been infected. Starting NP2, you may target one of the people you have infected to transform them into a ZOMBIE. ZOMBIES lose their role and their affiliation changes to winning with you. You win when the number of zombies you control, including yourself, outnumber the rest of the townsfolk.

Night Actions:

NP1:

Mafia kills Spinko
Budda roleblocks F-16 (doesn't work: can't freaking roleblock a demon zombie)
IFLY buses Spinko and Daytona
F-16 infects Drafter
Daytona Cops medic
Drafter Docs Daytona
HcP purifies MA
MA forfeits (inactivity)
OneE Waives

NP2:

Mafia kill OneE
Budda roleblocks IFLY
IFLY buses IFLY and Drafter
F-16 targets Drafter
Drafter docs Drafter
HcP purifies Drafter
MA/Mestari forfeits (inactivity)
OneE waives

NP3:

Mafia kill IFLY/bossy
Budda roleblocks IFLY/bossy
IFLY/bossy buses bossy and Drafter
F-16 targets Drafter
Drafter receives Rusty Telescope from OneE
Drafter Docs Drafter and Watches HcP
HcP purifies Drafter
Mestari forfeits (inactivity)

NP4:

Mafia kills F-16
Budda roleblocks F-16
bossy buses Drafter and F-16
F-16 targets Mestari/Drafter(2)
Mestari/Drafter(2) waives
Daytona waives

NP5:

Mafia waives kill
bossy buses bossy and Medic
F-16 targets medic
Daytona purifies OneE(2)

NP6:

F-16 targets OneE(2)/Johnny

-- Analysis of Game to come next post --
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 12:10:02 AM
Analysis of Game:

The game was designed around a post-apocalyptic world setting that was due to a zombie invasion. I tried to design the town as best as I could to the stereotypical, generic survivor-town mesh that one would expect from a colony of survivors (religious sect headed by a fanatic nut-job, old cop, hot-shot ladies man, sisters, etc.) and the mafia off of those who would probably be attacking colonies of survivors (gangs, thugs, thieves, etc.). And there couldn't be a zombie apocalypse without a zombie overlord. Of course, with any zombie overlord, as everyone knows, you take out the source and everything else dies with it. That's why the game ended DP6 instead of being dragged out another DP to lynch bossy. Anyway, I had very high hopes for this game while designing it and when I started the game.

Lets just say the high hopes for this game that were dutifully smashed into itty-bitty pieces.

For one, town shot themselves in every possible inch of their body, and almost shot themselves in the face had bossy not done what he did DP6 (lot more on that later). For one, inactivity. Had I been a player and not the mod, I would've lynched F-16 around DP3. His behavior and claims were inconsistent and scummy as hell. There was actually pressure on him more than a few times, and y'all came narrowly close to actually lynching him (which would've ended the game in a Town/Mafia joint win). But what killed the attempts to lynch F-16 was inactivity. At most, there were probably only two or three people participating in the DP at a time. I literally had to let NPs run well over 24 hours to try and get everyone to submit NPs. I tried to be stricter with the DPs, which didn't help town at all (guess that wasn't enough incentive to get you active). I don't even know how many times I had to replace people since they weren't being active (I think MA's original role had, what, 3 or 4 total people playing it?). Had town been more active, it probably would've been a much easier win for town.

And for two, town was filled with horribly bad play. HcP being the prime example. Had everyone 100% convinced he was scum, even though he had two other masons trying to back him up and trying to confirm that he was a mason, and even then a few of the masons ended up trying to lynch him as well since they just couldn't believe that he was town. DP5 was an example of Daytona rushing into things after advocating that things should be slowed down and Ober was mislynched before 15 posts could be made in the DP (it was like a 12 minute DP). It took them two or three DPs to figure out what to do with the IFLY/Drafter CC situation (lynch one of them for f*cks sake!) and nearly as long to figure out what to do with Budda and OneE(2). Overall, if I was forced to pick one person in the town that deserved MVP, I wouldn't pick. It was that bad.

Mafia, while being seriously undermanned, played remarkably well. IFLY and Budda worked well together and made decent plays. While their claims would've easily gotten them picked out of a line-up and lynched, town wasn't active enough to take advantage of the easy lynches. While they were arguably overpowered, they were a) undermanned, and b) counteracted most of the way by a overprotective town that gave them high likelihood of preventing kills

F-16, while with an active town might've not done as well, utilized the inactivity of the town and practically ran the game himself. Whenever someone wanted to lynch someone, ultimately it was F-16 who made the call on if they were scummy or not. He made inconsistent choices and behavior, but not only was town too inactive to pick it up, but he did a good job of giving them other things to think about and keeping those that were trying to be active preoccupied with other people to pressure or attempt to lynch. He was unlucky with night actions (everyone he wanted to target was being bused or killed) but it didn't stop him from almost winning the game. He had it right in front of him.

And then bossy came.

bossy's choice to out the fact that he was TP and F-16 had made him TP and was TP himself was, well, controversial to say the least. Had bossy not done that, he would've gotten the win. Instead of that, he pointlessly pulled a lannan (anyone remember Kyro's Naruto game?) and outted all of the scum which forced F-16 into a spot that no one could recover from. Let's just say I'm not currently very happy with bossy.

While the game itself was a wreck, it wasn't a total failure. I at least learned a few things from it:

1. Activity literally makes or breaks the town.
2. Probably not going to try and mod anymore since my two attempts have been complete disasters.

But anyway, I hope those of you who were active enough to actually play this game enjoyed it.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 12:27:40 AM
The only reason I did what I did was because I didn't know the nature of F-16's role. Had I been in a PM with him I would have assumed that he was the one who picked the zombies. However, I didn't even know if he knew who the zombies were. Adding on to that, if F-16 was town he would have lynched me anyway. I had no way of knowing.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 12:50:19 AM
Bossy, chill out. It was annoying at first but I think we are over it. The lack of having a PM did play against the planning aspect of the game.

I think this game was fun playing as third party. I liked the post-apocalyptic world setting which wasn't really based on any particular series but rather was a custom theme. I think the roles and the OP reflected that as well which made for great flavor text. As for the town roles, they were pretty powerful although the naive cop could have screwed the town over. Mafia roles were nice too and the third party role was a lot of fun to play.

Fun fact: I think I targeted Drafter for 4 consecutive nights and failed each night for whatever reason.

More fun facts: You gave everyone but me an age? Elephant played well though catching me on it. Come to think of it, Elephant played great. I knew Budda was mafia in DP2 when he made the same mistake I did in his role-paraphrase: not claim an age. I wanted to say "Budda is scum" but I felt playing pro-mafia as 3rd party might be more fun than playing pro-town and kept defending Budda. I defended Bossy/IFLY as well even before I was bussed to target them because they were my fellow scum. Wierd thing though was I thought Medic, and Drafter(1) were scum as well and kept telling Zaradi that I would point out at the endgame how I knew Budda/Medic/Drafter/IFLY were scum. I was wrong about Medic and Drafter but the reason I was so sure was that I felt if Drafter was town, he would most certainly have busted Budda DP2.

I wonder what it was like in the Mason PM. Everyone confirmed town. It might have been fun discussing the game with Drafter/Daytona/HCP. HCP wasn't too far off the mark with his suspects either.

Overall, great game town and mafia. I wish it was a more active game though but mafia on DDO seems to be dying out.

And finally, Zaradi, you did great. Balance-wise, it was much, much better than your first game. Most of the problems with the game were player generated - inactivity causing replacements and the outing of scum etc, but w/e, we can move past that. Don't be discouraged from modding another game.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 12:56:41 AM
Would you really have advocated for lynching a mod-confirmed bulletproof?? If so you prolly would have been lynched for trying.

It was actually a cool game, challenging, and an interesting theme. In hindsight, it's easy to see that town made some mistakes, but there were some unconventional things going on that we had a hard time making sense of.

The illness, bulletproof scum that was mod-confirmed, with 3 masons and so many apparent confirmations it seemed hard to believe that all 3 of them were town. Just lots of confusion, plus we lost our only valuable roles early so we had no investigative roles. I'm actually surprised that we won. Bossy for MVP...lol
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 1:01:13 AM
To be honest though Medic, the mafia themselves were in a tight spot due to their claims. They both got cc'd. I don't know why you didn't want to lynch one of the beloved princesses. Budda played well but he didn't have an age in his PM and was also cc'd by OneE(2) who had the scavenger ability. It shouldn't have taken Budda's slip in a beginner game PM to lynch him. Honestly, if he didn't slip, I don't know if town would ever have lynched Budda at all.

Budda, it was fun playing on your side though...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 7:36:25 AM
First, I said this on DP4:

Scum List:
F-16
medic
One of the two Princesses
ANd bossy, of course.

3 out of 4 ain't bad.

That said:

According to your role list:
Budda - Travis Nielson - Bus Driver
IFLY - Scarllet Layne - Roleblocker (flavored, could only roleblock men)

Yet, you have Budda being the Roleblocker in his night actions and when he flipped, and IFLY being the driver. This is important since a driver is more harmful to town than roleblocker, so mafia got two free nights of driving.

Also:

NP2:
Budda roleblocks IFLY
IFLY buses IFLY and Drafter

It doesn't work like that. The entire point of a roleblocker is to prevent the use of a player's role from working. In order for that to happen, roleblocking actions have to happen before the action of the target they are roleblocking. What this should have done is prevent IFLY from bussing anyone.

The town had 2 protective roles. That's it. No investigative roles, and the rest were a mish-mash of gibberish. Because of this, we had absolutely no way of countering anything done by any of the scum parties. We couldn't reliably protect against them, because of the driver and blocker, and we couldn't ever track, watch, or cop them.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 12:55:41 PM
At 11/14/2012 1:01:13 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
To be honest though Medic, the mafia themselves were in a tight spot due to their claims. They both got cc'd. I don't know why you didn't want to lynch one of the beloved princesses. Budda played well but he didn't have an age in his PM and was also cc'd by OneE(2) who had the scavenger ability. It shouldn't have taken Budda's slip in a beginner game PM to lynch him. Honestly, if he didn't slip, I don't know if town would ever have lynched Budda at all.

Fin playing on ur side(technically I suppose too). I figured you were TP about the same time you did, but like you didnt say anything solely for keeping it as a potential ML in a game winning situation.

And yeah, its doubtful I would have been lynched save for my slip(two games in a row now XD
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 1:42:20 PM
At 11/14/2012 12:55:41 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Fin playing on ur side(technically I suppose too). I figured you were TP about the same time you did, but like you didnt say anything solely for keeping it as a potential ML in a game winning situation.

And yeah, its doubtful I would have been lynched save for my slip(two games in a row now XD

Says the person who was CC'd???? o.O
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 2:00:58 PM
At 11/14/2012 1:42:20 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 11/14/2012 12:55:41 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Says the person who was CC'd???? o.O

If I would have been lynched it wouldve been on the day I was CC's I would think. Not only that, a comparison of play between both OneE and I found that I was the least scummy. Another indicator I wouldnt of been lynched. But you never know, couldve happened right?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 9:17:02 PM
I know I definitely messed up when CCing Budda. I need to be more careful next time. Also a shame I couldn't have been around for the last few DPs - sorry Zaradi.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 12:21:22 AM
So yeah, ignore the second thing I learned. I just watched the Season 4 finale of Warehouse 13 and I can't leave it there with such a great idea to go off of.

Third time is the charm, right?
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:06:56 PM
At 11/15/2012 12:21:22 AM, Zaradi wrote:
So yeah, ignore the second thing I learned. I just watched the Season 4 finale of Warehouse 13 and I can't leave it there with such a great idea to go off of.

Third time is the charm, right?

I actually liked this game