Fire and Ice Mafia DP4

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 10:30:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Day Phase 4

Buddamoose drowned last night. He was targeted by both the Fire Mafia and the Ice Mafia. He was a vanilla townie.

List of Replacements in this game

*HCP (2) had replaced OberHerr DP3*
*Tvellalott (2) had replaced Mestari NP2 who replaced Zaradi NP1*
*Drafterman (2) had replaced SocialPinko DP2*
*IFLY(2) had replaced Johnny DP2*

Dead Players

1) IFLYHIGH (1) - Vengeful Townie - TOWN - Lynched DP1
2) Logic_on_Rails - Ice Mafia Goon - ICE MAFIA - Venge-Killed DP1
3) Drafterman (1) - Town Doctor - TOWN - Killed NP1
4) HCP (1) - Town Macho Ice Cop - TOWN - Killed NP1
5) Daytonanerd - Hidden Ice Miller - TOWN - Killed NP2
6) TVellalott (1) - Vanilla Townie - TOWN - Killed NP2
7) FourTrouble - Town Macho Fire Cop - TOWN - Lynched DP3
8) Buddamoose - Vanilla Townie - TOWN - Killed NP3

Active Players

1) Tvellalott (2) (replaced Zaradi/Mestari)
2) HCP (2) (replaced OberHerr)
3) Drafterman (2) (replaced SocialPinko)
4) IFLYHIGH (2) (replaced Johnnyboy)
5) Medic
6) Bossyburrito
7) OneElephant

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Time limit: 120 hours (5 days) until Monday Nov 19th 10:30 PM DDO Time.

Vote Count

Not Voting: tvellalott(2), HCP(2), drafterman(2), IFLYHIGH(2), medic, bossyburrito, OneElephant
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 10:34:42 PM
So you guys are all idiots.
That's basically what I'm getting from this game.
Nevertheless, VOTE drafterman
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 10:55:48 PM
At 11/14/2012 10:34:42 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Weren't you saying Drafter is definitely town last DP?

You even said, and I quote, "Even if FT is the cop, I don't automatically buy that you're scum either. I maintain that we should lynch bossy." So now that we know FT is cop and that he didn't have a guilty on Drafter(right?), you are VTL Drafter. Why?

Honestly, I don't even know that town can win when scum fvcking outnumber town. I'm going to think this through before voting.

*I have no idea why my post is in bold. I even made sure that I hadn't bolded it. Must be a glitch.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:31:53 AM
Listen. I'll admit that I was off base about my initial suspicion of FT. But, you know what? That sh1t happens. You get suspicious of a person that is town. It's part of the game. When it happens to you, it's frustrating, but the only thing you can do is power forward and deal with it.

FT's responses to my FOS didn't exactly do him any favors. Last phase, I was waffling between him and bossy, and then he comes out with deliberately false results? He didn't know what I was. I could be Beloved Townie, for all he knows. What would a mislynch have cost the town then? He completely undercut himself not just in this game, but in future games. If he ever comes out with results in a future game, I now have to consider the possibility that he's lying through his a$$ as some sort of useless "reaction" test.

The only person that was really going after FT was me, why he would do something so deliberately destructive boggles my mind. I doubt he would have been able to be lynched if he hadn't did what he did.

With FT gone, that pretty much clears the way for bossy.

VTL Bossy
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:51:57 AM
At 11/15/2012 9:59:40 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
@Drafter-What do you think of TV's vote on you?

TBH, I'm not sure what to think about this entire game. Dual scum factions is playing havok with any attempt to read people accurately. Given the fact that I just vehemently led a lynch on the only potential useful cop in the game (regardless of his scumminess), I can see why people will vote for me.

Medic is sure to vote for me, as is bossy. So I guess its up to you, HCP, and OneE to decide how this day is going to play.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 12:39:17 PM
At 11/15/2012 10:51:57 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/15/2012 9:59:40 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
@Drafter-What do you think of TV's vote on you?

TBH, I'm not sure what to think about this entire game. Dual scum factions is playing havok with any attempt to read people accurately. Given the fact that I just vehemently led a lynch on the only potential useful cop in the game (regardless of his scumminess), I can see why people will vote for me.

TV is still contradicting himself. He said he didn't neccessarily buy you're scum even if FT is fire cop, and that was when FT was claiming a guilty on you. Now that we know FT didn't even have a guilty on you, he's voting for you. I wonder what you have done that changed TV's strong town read on you...

Medic is sure to vote for me, as is bossy. So I guess its up to you, HCP, and OneE to decide how this day is going to play.

I would say my top scum reads atm are TV, Medic, and Bossy, in that order. Bossy is more if a kind of iffy because I could see him just not remembering correctly. I'm going to wait for TV's response, and then I'll decide whether I buy it or not. If I don't, I'm going with a TV lynch.

Hopefully we hit fire mafia today. I think it might actually be MYLO if we fail to kill fire mafia.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 1:05:15 PM
Game isn't over until one of the mafia has >= 50% numbers. Since the Fire Mafia is only 2 people, that actually works to our advantage, since they can't win without 5 more deaths.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 2:38:06 PM
At 11/15/2012 1:05:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
Game isn't over until one of the mafia has >= 50% numbers. Since the Fire Mafia is only 2 people, that actually works to our advantage, since they can't win without 5 more deaths.

If only. In order to have 50% of the number of players, they only need three more deaths. Right now, it's 5:2. Three more deaths and it's 2:2.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 2:46:26 PM
At 11/15/2012 2:38:06 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 11/15/2012 1:05:15 PM, drafterman wrote:

If only. In order to have 50% of the number of players, they only need three more deaths. Right now, it's 5:2. Three more deaths and it's 2:2.

Yes, sorry. Regardless, our chances of hitting scum are greater than 50%.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:09:16 PM
At 11/14/2012 10:34:42 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Hey don't blame me, I didn't lynch an un-cc'd cop claim. I'm tempted to join you in voting for Drafter, but I'd first like to find out why HCP was so quiet in the last half of last dp, once it began looking like FT might get lynched. I find that rather curious.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:29:44 PM
At 11/15/2012 5:11:30 PM, drafterman wrote:
TV didn't close his bold, so anyone that replies to him will have their stuff bolded.

Muahahaha.
I will respond at length why I think drafter is mafia. IFLY doesn't seem to comprehend that people can change their minds. He is also quoting me prior to quite a few pages of discussion which can obviously impact how someone feels about a certain lynch. He is once again FOSing me for less than nothing.
I think IFLY might be the most fail player I've ever seen.

Muh threads
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:48:14 PM
At 11/15/2012 5:29:44 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/15/2012 5:11:30 PM, drafterman wrote:
TV didn't close his bold, so anyone that replies to him will have their stuff bolded.

Muahahaha.
I will respond at length why I think drafter is mafia. IFLY doesn't seem to comprehend that people can change their minds. He is also quoting me prior to quite a few pages of discussion which can obviously impact how someone feels about a certain lynch. He is once again FOSing me for less than nothing.
I think IFLY might be the most fail player I've ever seen.

I would be a hypocrite if I said I didn't understang you changing your mind. I'm asking you for an explanation for why you changed your mind. I even said I would drop my FOS if I bought your explanation. If you didn't spend so much time trying to think up of an insult, I bet you could do it.

Now, again, why did you change your read on Drafter?
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:53:28 PM
I don't know about you guys but Drafter definitely looks town. His first thought when the FT outted the guilty result on him was that he was fake and that the real cop should keep silent. If Drafter was maf, he would have called bullsh!t and tell the real cop to claim.

What I really want to do is get IFLY for his contradiction in the DP about whehther or not to lynch the uncced cop. At first, IFLY tries to look town as he says that he won't lynch the uncced cop, but as more votes pile on, IFLY votes and hammers the cop, which is completely the opposite of what he preached before.

VTL IFLY
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:00:01 PM
At 11/15/2012 5:53:28 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
I don't know about you guys but Drafter definitely looks town. His first thought when the FT outted the guilty result on him was that he was fake and that the real cop should keep silent. If Drafter was maf, he would have called bullsh!t and tell the real cop to claim.

What I really want to do is get IFLY for his contradiction in the DP about whehther or not to lynch the uncced cop. At first, IFLY tries to look town as he says that he won't lynch the uncced cop, but as more votes pile on, IFLY votes and hammers the cop, which is completely the opposite of what he preached before.

VTL IFLY

Do you honestly think all that chaos that happened in the 94 post between those two post, there was nothing to change my mind? Well let me give you a refresher of what happened...

"Anyway, my reaction-test has generated some good pro-town activity. The reactions from some of the players here is extremely telling.

I see two possibilities - 1) drafter is Fire Mafia who was lawyered, 2) drafter is Ice Mafia, 3) drafter is town.

Whatever the case is, I'd say Budda is almost certainly Fire Mafia, judging solely from his reaction."

"Supposing Budda is not the fire cop, what do you guys think of his reaction to my claim? He is 100% certain that I can't be the fire cop, which suggests some sort of inside knowledge that I couldn't have gotten a guilty on drafter. If Budda is Fire Mafia (as this suggests), it also would imply that drafter is either Ice Mafia, lawyered Fire Mafia, or town.

The certainty coming out from both of them that my results can't possibly be right (which is in fact the case) is pretty scummy. I'd say we should lynch drafter/Budda. Thoughts?"

Why would he suggest Budda is fire cop if he himself is fire cop? It didn't and still doesn't make sense. I mean, why he even make analysis that include the possibility of Budda being fire cop if he knew for a 100% certainty that Budda is not fire cop?

FT gets at L-1 again, and guess what

"I'm th fire cop..."

Honestly, I thought Budda was Fire cop refusing to claim given his strong reaction and that FT was claiming cop again to save his hide. If he'd just stuck to his claim, I wouldn't have lynched him no matter how scummy he was. But he had to go and pull this goddamn stunt... Oh well, I'm losing faith in this game. I don't even know if there is a chance for town to win at this point. I know I FOS'd TV for this, but I'm starting to understand how he felt. This was BS and I will personally blame FT for town losing the game if we do lose.

*This was my final post since F-16 said I could post one more time since HCP broke the rules also.

Honestly HCP, it's not impossible for a person to change his mind, and FT's actions and Drafter's arguments after my post did just that-change my mind. At least I'm explaining why I changed my mind, compare that to TV who still hasn't explained why his read on Drafter has changed.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:03:22 PM
You're such a hypocrite IFLY. You jump on TV for him changing his mind, but you say you changing your mind is not a big deal.

Besides, it's not the matter of you changing minds or not. From "I'm not lynching the uncced cop" to "this is pretty damn obvious, let's lynch FT" is not a matter of changing minds. Between those posts you somehow concluded that uncced cop was obvious scum.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:04:59 PM
You even said that FT was confirmed and that you wouldn't lynch him unless there was a cc. Between those posts, there was no cc yet you still concluded that FT is obvious and lynched him.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:05:40 PM
God damn it. Now I'm going to inevitably look like a jerk. I misread one of FT's posts and didn't realise he had renegged his claim of a guilty on drafter.

inb4 IFLY: "SCUUUUUUUUUUM00000r!!!!"

UNVOTE, VOTE bossyburrito

Can we finally kill him, PLEASE!

Muh threads
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:07:26 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:03:22 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
You're such a hypocrite IFLY. You jump on TV for him changing his mind, but you say you changing your mind is not a big deal.

HCP, for god's sake, read what I fvcking post. If TV would explain why he changed his mind, I would have dropped my FOS. That is the difference between me and TV, I'm actually explaning why I changed my mind while he still hasn't.

Besides, it's not the matter of you changing minds or not. From "I'm not lynching the uncced cop" to "this is pretty damn obvious, let's lynch FT" is not a matter of changing minds. Between those posts you somehow concluded that uncced cop was obvious scum.

Because he fvcking unclaimed and then claimed again. I no longer consider that a legit claim. Are you actually going to look at the reasons why I changed my mind?
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:09:29 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:04:59 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
You even said that FT was confirmed and that you wouldn't lynch him unless there was a cc. Between those posts, there was no cc yet you still concluded that FT is obvious and lynched him.

He unclaimed and posted analysis that was dependent on Budda possibly being the Fire cop. At that point, I agreed with Drafter that he was only claiming fire cop to save his hide and that Budda was most likely fire cop(given his strong reaction).
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:11:19 PM
Additionally, I don't think drafter is either mafia because mafia fvcked up last night in a way I don't see drafter would do; that is, they both killed Budda who would have been the obvious choice to lynch today.

Also, how the FVCK have mafia not hit mafia this entire game?!

Muh threads
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:13:53 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:07:26 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

HCP, for god's sake, read what I fvcking post. If TV would explain why he changed his mind, I would have dropped my FOS. That is the difference between me and TV, I'm actually explaning why I changed my mind while he still hasn't.

Because he fvcking unclaimed and then claimed again. I no longer consider that a legit claim. Are you actually going to look at the reasons why I changed my mind?

He never unclaimed. He reaffirmed several times that he was the Fire Cop, yet you refused to believe it and still hammered him even though there was no cc, and you said you were not going to lynch the uncced cop.

I think you're fire mafia lawyer. At first you wanted to look pro town by not lynching the unccced cop, since you knew he was the real cop. But at the end when he was L-1 you were like fvck it, and hammered him before anyone else could unvote.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:19:50 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:13:53 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 11/15/2012 6:07:26 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

He never unclaimed. He reaffirmed several times that he was the Fire Cop, yet you refused to believe it and still hammered him even though there was no cc, and you said you were not going to lynch the uncced cop.

I think you're fire mafia lawyer. At first you wanted to look pro town by not lynching the unccced cop, since you knew he was the real cop. But at the end when he was L-1 you were like fvck it, and hammered him before anyone else could unvote.

I'm not even going to respond to you anymore because you are not even taking the time to get your facts straight.

He DID unclaim.
He suggested that Budda might be fire cop AFTER he had already claimed.
He claimed fire cop again right when he was at L-1 again.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:19:59 PM
All game end scenarios are listed in the individual role PMs here: http://www.debate.org...

In short, standard rule of mafia applies: A faction wins when they are the only ones left (or nothing can prevent the same). Third parties are an exception. Their win condition is listed in their role PMs as well.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:20:11 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:15:22 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
@F16

Does the game end when fire and ice mafia combined equal the number of townies?

No. They have to individually outnumber the townies. I.E. for Ice Mafia to win, they must take the game to a 3-way MYLO and win.

Muh threads