Total Posts:126|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

American Politics Dp2

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:09:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
==Living Players==

1. drafterman
2. Medic
3. MA
4. tvellalott
5. Chicken
6. Budda
7. OneElephant
8. Johnny
9. Tulle
10. InsertNameHere
11. F-29582
12. LK
13. Daytona

==Dead Players==

1. Zaradi- ___- ___

With 13 players left it takes 7 votes to lynch. Dp ends in 48 hours or when a successful lynch has occurred.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:27:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sorry for missing the first DP. I honestly did not know it was up.

I am John McCain, by the way - and my role should be pretty obvious (considering my characters heavy involvement fighting in wars). I win with the town.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:33:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 10:27:57 PM, OneElephant wrote:
Sorry for missing the first DP. I honestly did not know it was up.

I am John McCain, by the way - and my role should be pretty obvious (considering my characters heavy involvement fighting in wars). I win with the town.

Vig?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:43:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dp2 and we have nothing to go off of...

Still waiting on a claim by MA

So, VTL MA for character claim
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 11:14:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
MA has already character claimed. We'll let him role-claim but I doubt it will matter.

Here is the issue I see with MA.

Unless the mafia are stupid, they wasted a janitor power by janitoring Zaradi whose role MA should inherit if he was town. Meaning, if the mafia fake-claims the janitored role, MA will cc them rendering the janitor worthless.

Therefore, if MA was town, the smart mafia move would be waive the janitor the first night, and let MA get the role of their first NK. They would then use the janitor on NP2 to get a free fake-claim which is what the janitor role is supposed to provide.

Two scenarios - mafia is stupid OR MA is mafia. I am inclined to believe the latter.

VTL MA for a lynch (but he can role-claim to humor me).
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 11:18:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 11:14:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
MA has already character claimed. We'll let him role-claim but I doubt it will matter.

Here is the issue I see with MA.

Unless the mafia are stupid, they wasted a janitor power by janitoring Zaradi whose role MA should inherit if he was town. Meaning, if the mafia fake-claims the janitored role, MA will cc them rendering the janitor worthless.

Therefore, if MA was town, the smart mafia move would be waive the janitor the first night, and let MA get the role of their first NK. They would then use the janitor on NP2 to get a free fake-claim which is what the janitor role is supposed to provide.

Two scenarios - mafia is stupid OR MA is mafia. I am inclined to believe the latter.

VTL MA for a lynch (but he can role-claim to humor me).

Wow. I I didn't even think of that.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 11:26:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Has anybody noticed how everybody except Daytona's character is an elected politician? Daytona is Karl Rove, who is an appointed official within the Bush government. Never was he voted on by the people and this seems in clear opposition with the type of other characters that have been claimed so far. Therefore, either he is TP, or mafia are those with non-elected roles and they were too stupid to figure that out before claiming.

VTL Daytona
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 11:28:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 11:14:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
MA has already character claimed. We'll let him role-claim but I doubt it will matter.

Here is the issue I see with MA.

Unless the mafia are stupid, they wasted a janitor power by janitoring Zaradi whose role MA should inherit if he was town. Meaning, if the mafia fake-claims the janitored role, MA will cc them rendering the janitor worthless.

Therefore, if MA was town, the smart mafia move would be waive the janitor the first night, and let MA get the role of their first NK. They would then use the janitor on NP2 to get a free fake-claim which is what the janitor role is supposed to provide.

Two scenarios - mafia is stupid OR MA is mafia. I am inclined to believe the latter.

VTL MA for a lynch (but he can role-claim to humor me).

This actually makes a lot of sense.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 11:59:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 11:26:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Has anybody noticed how everybody except Daytona's character is an elected politician? Daytona is Karl Rove, who is an appointed official within the Bush government. Never was he voted on by the people and this seems in clear opposition with the type of other characters that have been claimed so far. Therefore, either he is TP, or mafia are those with non-elected roles and they were too stupid to figure that out before claiming.

VTL Daytona

Urgh, I'll role claim.

My Karl Rove role has more to do with him and elections. Each night, I get to select a player, and place their lynch vote on any player of my choosing. Last night though, I targeted Zaradi to target himself, coincidentally.

And F-16's logic makes sense, but I don't want him lynched just yet. I'll VTL him as pressure on him for a role claim.

VTL MA
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 12:03:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 11:59:26 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 11/16/2012 11:26:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Has anybody noticed how everybody except Daytona's character is an elected politician? Daytona is Karl Rove, who is an appointed official within the Bush government. Never was he voted on by the people and this seems in clear opposition with the type of other characters that have been claimed so far. Therefore, either he is TP, or mafia are those with non-elected roles and they were too stupid to figure that out before claiming.

VTL Daytona

Urgh, I'll role claim.

My Karl Rove role has more to do with him and elections. Each night, I get to select a player, and place their lynch vote on any player of my choosing. Last night though, I targeted Zaradi to target himself, coincidentally.

And F-16's logic makes sense, but I don't want him lynched just yet. I'll VTL him as pressure on him for a role claim.

VTL MA


How convenient that you targeted a dead person, eh?

Anyways, you haven't addressed my claim. Your character is unlike all the others so even if your role is true, which isn't very probable, it's very likely that you are some form of TP.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Zaradi
Posts: 14,128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 12:15:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
*returns from the ghostly nether*

FVCK YOU MAFIA. COME AT ME.

*returns to the ghostly nether*
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 12:17:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/17/2012 12:01:44 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why zaradi?

Did we have any good leads DP1? I chose at random.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 12:20:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/17/2012 12:03:31 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 11/16/2012 11:59:26 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 11/16/2012 11:26:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Has anybody noticed how everybody except Daytona's character is an elected politician? Daytona is Karl Rove, who is an appointed official within the Bush government. Never was he voted on by the people and this seems in clear opposition with the type of other characters that have been claimed so far. Therefore, either he is TP, or mafia are those with non-elected roles and they were too stupid to figure that out before claiming.

VTL Daytona

Urgh, I'll role claim.

My Karl Rove role has more to do with him and elections. Each night, I get to select a player, and place their lynch vote on any player of my choosing. Last night though, I targeted Zaradi to target himself, coincidentally.

And F-16's logic makes sense, but I don't want him lynched just yet. I'll VTL him as pressure on him for a role claim.

VTL MA


How convenient that you targeted a dead person, eh?
Oh, of course. If I happen to target a person who gets killed, OF COURSE i'm mafia.

Anyways, you haven't addressed my claim. Your character is unlike all the others so even if your role is true, which isn't very probable, it's very likely that you are some form of TP.

Some form of TP? A survivor with politician powers probably has never existed before. And besides, how does that go along with Rove?!
#FeeltheFreezerBern
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 12:34:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/17/2012 12:21:33 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Can you paraphrase your role PM daytona?

And... he goes offline soon after. Hrmm.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 12:51:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/17/2012 12:21:33 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Can you paraphrase your role PM daytona?

With pleasure. After posting this, I am calling it a night.

I am Karl Rove, the politician. As one of the best political consultants/manipulators around, I harbor a large amount of political pull. Every night I may steal one persons vote and put it on someone else. I win with the town.

Changes are bolded.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 12:52:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/17/2012 12:34:48 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 11/17/2012 12:21:33 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Can you paraphrase your role PM daytona?

And... he goes offline soon after. Hrmm.

Sorry, just a late night here on the east coast.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 1:58:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm inclined to believe daytona for now. He will need to show he is the poli at least twice so I can eliminate some kind of mafia joat.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 6:23:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Vote Count

MA- 3/7- Chicken, F-911, Daytona

Daytona- 1/7- LK
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 7:10:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
When I voted, I forgot that MA revealed his role. He was the universal backup. Because F-16's case against him is the best lead we have so far, my vote will stay.

(Note: We can't let F-16 dominate town though, because that is a mafia trait of his.)
#FeeltheFreezerBern
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 9:54:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The logic for MA is pretty interesting, but I really can't credit him enough to have come up with that on his own. I'm cool with pressure, but depending on his role, I'll entertain testing it to see if he really has it or is faking it.

VTL MA
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 10:18:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
If everybody else is too stupid to realize that by definition of character, Daytona is unlike anybody else, then I pity your intelligence. Although MA is a good lead, Daytona is very likely TP and I'm not taking my vote off him.

Toodles.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 10:57:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/17/2012 10:18:17 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
If everybody else is too stupid to realize that by definition of character, Daytona is unlike anybody else, then I pity your intelligence. Although MA is a good lead, Daytona is very likely TP and I'm not taking my vote off him.

Toodles.

Mafia > TP
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 10:58:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/17/2012 10:18:17 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
If everybody else is too stupid to realize that by definition of character, Daytona is unlike anybody else, then I pity your intelligence. Although MA is a good lead, Daytona is very likely TP and I'm not taking my vote off him.
Alright, name all of the TP roles in Mafia games that go along with Rove. Nothing. My vote-manipulator role I am betting has ever been used as a 3rd party. Your logic is BS. This is not American Elected Officials mafia. This is American Politics mafia.

Toodles.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 11:00:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/17/2012 10:18:17 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
If everybody else is too stupid to realize that by definition of character, Daytona is unlike anybody else, then I pity your intelligence. Although MA is a good lead, Daytona is very likely TP and I'm not taking my vote off him.

Toodles.

And besides, we have, what, 5-6 character claims out of the pool of 14, and you are already Making assumptions of the game based on elected official status? There could be another one like me who hasn't claimed yet. In fact, it's probable that there's one like me who hasn't claimed yet.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 11:52:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/17/2012 11:01:03 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Knukle is town.

TV-Daytona scumteam anyone?

What made you come to that conclusion?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 12:03:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/17/2012 12:51:47 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 11/17/2012 12:21:33 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Can you paraphrase your role PM daytona?

With pleasure. After posting this, I am calling it a night.

I am Karl Rove, the politician.

Rove isn't a politician at all. I'm seriously doubting this role pm because it contradicts itself in consecutive sentences.

As one of the best political consultants/manipulators around, I harbor a large amount of political pull. Every night I may steal one persons vote and put it on someone else. I win with the town.

Changes are bolded.