Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

For those that grew up playing Fire Emblem...

Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 10:59:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What is your favorite class of each tier?
Apprentice Tier:
First Tier:
Second Tier:
Third Tier:

And who might your favorite character of those classes, or of any classes, be?
Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 11:12:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/19/2012 11:01:39 PM, badger wrote:
i would just like to say that black ops 2 sucks balls.

Wow, a real live hardcore enthusiast!
Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 11:48:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Alright, thanks. I wouldn't ordinarily go to such lengths to talk about it, but all of my friends who are Fire Emblem enthusiasts have decided not to speak to me for some reason, so I'm left bubbling with zeal and zest at something new that I have learned, which I long to share. But if you don't understand Fire Emblem, then you would be totally lost if I shared it with you!
MilitaryAtheist
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 6:12:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/19/2012 11:14:34 PM, badger wrote:
sorry dude. korashk's the only dude around here i ever heard talk about fire emblem and he's gone, so...

I played it a few times.
Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 11:22:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 6:12:19 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:

I played it a few times.

How splendid! Which one(s)?
MilitaryAtheist
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 11:35:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 11:22:35 AM, Torvald wrote:
At 11/20/2012 6:12:19 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:

I played it a few times.

How splendid! Which one(s)?

Sacred Stones and Rad. Dawn .
Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 11:37:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 11:35:59 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
How splendid! Which one(s)?

Sacred Stones and Rad. Dawn .

Both very good ones. Did you play them just a little, or finish them?
MilitaryAtheist
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 11:37:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 11:37:38 AM, Torvald wrote:
At 11/20/2012 11:35:59 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
How splendid! Which one(s)?

Sacred Stones and Rad. Dawn .

Both very good ones. Did you play them just a little, or finish them?

Finished them.
Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:01:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 11:50:47 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
Maybe I should make a small FE mafia game...

That might be interesting. In the meantime, would you be amicably willing to answer the initial forum prompt?
MilitaryAtheist
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:02:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 12:01:34 PM, Torvald wrote:
At 11/20/2012 11:50:47 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
Maybe I should make a small FE mafia game...

That might be interesting. In the meantime, would you be amicably willing to answer the initial forum prompt?

Sure, sure.
MilitaryAtheist
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:03:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/19/2012 10:59:38 PM, Torvald wrote:
What is your favorite class of each tier?
Apprentice Tier: (dont know what this is.)
First Tier: Soldier :)
Second Tier: Paladin.
Third Tier: Great General.

And who might your favorite character of those classes, or of any classes, be?

Haar from Rad. Dawn.
Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:14:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 12:03:24 PM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
At 11/19/2012 10:59:38 PM, Torvald wrote:
What is your favorite class of each tier?
Apprentice Tier: (dont know what this is.)
First Tier: Soldier :)
Second Tier: Paladin.
Third Tier: Great General.

And who might your favorite character of those classes, or of any classes, be?

Haar from Rad. Dawn.

Interesting choices. Since nobody else seems adamant to respond, I shall post my own preferences for the prompt:

Apprentice Tier (a tier below tier 1, that ranks up without an item, at level 10, to become one of several units): Villager, because Villagers can rank up to five different classes.
First Tier: Thief
Second Tier: Wyvern Knight, Assassin, Ballistician, General, Sage (I know that's a lot, but the second tier has a lot of great classes)
Third Tier: Necromancer, Dark Druid, Seal, Enigma, Whisper (a lot again, but all good classes)

My favorite character...that's a tough one for me to answer. I really like Legault, from Blazing Sword.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:51:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not as much of an enthusiast, but I grew up playing and replaying Path of Radiance and I absolutely loved it. And no, I never got the chance to play Radiant Dawn because not only did I never get the money to buy it before it vanished from stores, but my Wii also got fried during a storm when a lightning bolt landed in my driveway -.- Fuuuuuuuu

Although I guess I did end up playing a little bit of Radiant Dawn from when my friend had it and I went over there to hang out with him we would occasionally play it, but I never got the chance to really get far in it, let alone finish it. Anyway:

Favorite first tier would have to be Myrmidons. Great move range and damage output, while being able to soak up a bit of damage themselves (if I remember correctly).

Favorite second tier would definitely have to be Sniper. Oh I remember running around with Shinon and landing critical hit after critical hit after critical hit and just laughing my a** off. Good times.

I don't think there ever was a zero tier or first tier with Path of Radiance, so I can't really answer that question.

Favorite character? Oh god....
It'd have to be a tie between Titania and Mia. Titania because she's just a f*cking invincible tank through 30-40 levels (and by then you should already have Ike to be a complete baller) and she just deals amazing damage and gets good movement range being mounted. Mia because, if you devote the right amount of time to her, she will become a critical hit machine that doesn't really have to worry about the weapon triangle since she kills everyone in a single hit.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:52:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Gah, now this has got me wanting to play it again. Now where's my old gamecube....
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 1:36:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@Zaradi, I like Snipers as well, and Marksmen even more, but Assassins have a higher critical hit rate, usually. Depends on the unit. With enough Juma Fruit, Secret Books, and Goddess Icons, one can make just about any unit critical every time. Myrmidons have the advantage, as you pointed out, of lots of criticals as well, but the severe disadvantage of very low defense. Being fast helps protect them somewhat, but against an equally fast unit with decent strength, Myrmidons are at a lot of risk. Now, rank a Myrmidon up to Assassin or Swordmaster, and then you've got a fun unit, since in both cases, just about every hit is a critical hit (and Assassins have the skill Silencer, so critical hits are an automatic knockout for them).
MilitaryAtheist
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 1:47:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 12:51:26 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not as much of an enthusiast, but I grew up playing and replaying Path of Radiance and I absolutely loved it. And no, I never got the chance to play Radiant Dawn because not only did I never get the money to buy it before it vanished from stores, but my Wii also got fried during a storm when a lightning bolt landed in my driveway -.- Fuuuuuuuu

Although I guess I did end up playing a little bit of Radiant Dawn from when my friend had it and I went over there to hang out with him we would occasionally play it, but I never got the chance to really get far in it, let alone finish it. Anyway:

Favorite first tier would have to be Myrmidons. Great move range and damage output, while being able to soak up a bit of damage themselves (if I remember correctly).

Favorite second tier would definitely have to be Sniper. Oh I remember running around with Shinon and landing critical hit after critical hit after critical hit and just laughing my a** off. Good times.

I don't think there ever was a zero tier or first tier with Path of Radiance, so I can't really answer that question.

Favorite character? Oh god....
It'd have to be a tie between Titania and Mia. Titania because she's just a f*cking invincible tank through 30-40 levels (and by then you should already have Ike to be a complete baller) and she just deals amazing damage and gets good movement range being mounted. Mia because, if you devote the right amount of time to her, she will become a critical hit machine that doesn't really have to worry about the weapon triangle since she kills everyone in a single hit.

I think you would like Edward.
Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 1:54:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 1:47:38 PM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
I think you would like Edward.

Remind me, from which game is he? I'm afraid I have not played them all, and some I haven't played in ages.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:34:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 1:36:59 PM, Torvald wrote:
@Zaradi, I like Snipers as well, and Marksmen even more, but Assassins have a higher critical hit rate, usually. Depends on the unit. With enough Juma Fruit, Secret Books, and Goddess Icons, one can make just about any unit critical every time. Myrmidons have the advantage, as you pointed out, of lots of criticals as well, but the severe disadvantage of very low defense. Being fast helps protect them somewhat, but against an equally fast unit with decent strength, Myrmidons are at a lot of risk. Now, rank a Myrmidon up to Assassin or Swordmaster, and then you've got a fun unit, since in both cases, just about every hit is a critical hit (and Assassins have the skill Silencer, so critical hits are an automatic knockout for them).

The problem with Assassins that I see is that they just don't have the HP to make them worth having in a fight, especially once the levels start to increase and the fights become more prolonged. I think you get Volke to become an Assassin automatically after a certain point in PoR, but he just doesn't have the HP, imo, to be worth using much.

I actually haven't ran into the problem of worrying about my Myrmidons having too low of Defense, especially once they level up to Swordmaster. Sure it isn't optimal, but their mobility tends to level it out since if they find themselves in an engagement they probably won't win, they can at least beat feet to find some help or just beat feet and find a different enemy.

I don't remember the Marksman class. I don't recall anything being above Sniper, at least not in PoR...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:58:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Are you sure you're not thinking of Cavaliers? Because Myrmidons have pretty limited mobility (6). Nearly anything can catch up to them. Cavaliers, on the other hand, have a mobility of something like 9.

Marksmen are the promoted version of Snipers. They're just glorified Snipers. I still prefer Ballisticians, who, unlike Snipers, have almost unlimited range.

Assassins actually have average HP, so it's not so bad. Give them an Angelic Robe or two, though, and you've got a very formidable unit: has the ability to open doors and chests, kill with one hit on almost every hit, has good mobility (8, I believe), is too fast to be hit by just about everything, and increases player visibility.
MilitaryAtheist
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 2:17:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 3:34:50 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 11/20/2012 1:36:59 PM, Torvald wrote:
@Zaradi, I like Snipers as well, and Marksmen even more, but Assassins have a higher critical hit rate, usually. Depends on the unit. With enough Juma Fruit, Secret Books, and Goddess Icons, one can make just about any unit critical every time. Myrmidons have the advantage, as you pointed out, of lots of criticals as well, but the severe disadvantage of very low defense. Being fast helps protect them somewhat, but against an equally fast unit with decent strength, Myrmidons are at a lot of risk. Now, rank a Myrmidon up to Assassin or Swordmaster, and then you've got a fun unit, since in both cases, just about every hit is a critical hit (and Assassins have the skill Silencer, so critical hits are an automatic knockout for them).

The problem with Assassins that I see is that they just don't have the HP to make them worth having in a fight, especially once the levels start to increase and the fights become more prolonged. I think you get Volke to become an Assassin automatically after a certain point in PoR, but he just doesn't have the HP, imo, to be worth using much.

Wut? Why need HP when you have high attack and defence?
Torvald
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 2:21:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And super high speed; an Assassin is so unlikely to be hit that it would hardly matter if such a unit had only 10 HP; if it can't be hit, and fells opponents in one hit, then its HP is of little consequence (I've had Assassins with 60 HP, though, which is the cap for HP).