Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Can a game show on T.V. be racist?

falconduler
Posts: 228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 5:29:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Can a game show like jeopardy ever be considered racist for the lack of african american contestants? While there have been a few blacks on the show over the course of many years ,is their a lack of racial proprtionality that should be looked into. I mean if schools have to have a certain quota of blacks why not games shows;why not jeopardy.?
Could it be that blacks cannot think quickly on their feet or are they less intelligent than white contestants? or is alex trebek a racist pig?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 10:16:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've never noticed a disproportionately low amount of black players. There does seem to be a disproportionately high amount of socially retarded weirdos though so I guess we could look into that?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 11:09:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 5:29:20 PM, falconduler wrote:
Can a game show like jeopardy ever be considered racist for the lack of african american contestants?

No

While there have been a few blacks on the show over the course of many years ,is their a lack of racial proprtionality that should be looked into. I mean if schools have to have a certain quota of blacks why not games shows;why not jeopardy.?

Because its a game, not something actually important, like college.

Could it be that blacks cannot think quickly on their feet or are they less intelligent than white contestants?

No

or is alex trebek a racist pig?

alex trebek is the HOST, not the person who actually determines which people are contestents, so this deserves a resounding no, accompanied by a signature picard facepalm

http://www.journaldugeek.com...

Thank you for asking this question, and i hope this helps. Enjoy your stay on DDO
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
thedebatekid
Posts: 1,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 10:17:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Have you ever thought that just maybe they dont apply as much as whites.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
falconduler
Posts: 228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 2:19:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/30/2012 10:17:09 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
Have you ever thought that just maybe they dont apply as much as whites.
well they apply for game shows like who wants to be a millionaire and the wheel of fortune. and deal or no deal. with this one that's all you ever saw.

its just that alex trebek is sick and tired of being called a M/F.er during try outs. and he wants hazard pay for having to deal with black contestant try outs.
falconduler
Posts: 228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 5:30:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 11:09:16 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 11/29/2012 5:29:20 PM, falconduler wrote:
Can a game show like jeopardy ever be considered racist for the lack of african american contestants?

No

While there have been a few blacks on the show over the course of many years ,is their a lack of racial proprtionality that should be looked into. I mean if schools have to have a certain quota of blacks why not games shows;why not jeopardy.?

Because its a game, not something actually important, like college.

Could it be that blacks cannot think quickly on their feet or are they less intelligent than white contestants?

No

or is alex trebek a racist pig?

alex trebek is the HOST, not the person who actually determines which people are contestents, so this deserves a resounding no, accompanied by a signature picard facepalm

http://www.journaldugeek.com...

Thank you for asking this question, and i hope this helps. Enjoy your stay on DDO

I spoke with the producers of jeopardy and they admit it doesn't look good for the show not to have a proprtionate number of black contestants.
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 12:57:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/3/2012 5:30:52 PM, falconduler wrote:
At 11/29/2012 11:09:16 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 11/29/2012 5:29:20 PM, falconduler wrote:
Can a game show like jeopardy ever be considered racist for the lack of african american contestants?

No

While there have been a few blacks on the show over the course of many years ,is their a lack of racial proprtionality that should be looked into. I mean if schools have to have a certain quota of blacks why not games shows;why not jeopardy.?

Because its a game, not something actually important, like college.

Could it be that blacks cannot think quickly on their feet or are they less intelligent than white contestants?

No

or is alex trebek a racist pig?

alex trebek is the HOST, not the person who actually determines which people are contestents, so this deserves a resounding no, accompanied by a signature picard facepalm

http://www.journaldugeek.com...

Thank you for asking this question, and i hope this helps. Enjoy your stay on DDO

I spoke with the producers of jeopardy and they admit it doesn't look good for the show not to have a proprtionate number of black contestants.

My bullsh*t detector is going off
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
falconduler
Posts: 228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 3:58:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 1:17:10 AM, Maikuru wrote:


it really hurts to miss that one you dumb cow worshipping shmuck!lol