Total Posts:138|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

School District: Day Phase 2-Part 2

Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 9:45:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Making a Part 2 since the first one is so long.

Recap of day so far:

-TheAntidoter claims Chaplain-Bulletproof. Zaradi wants a justification and an argument ensues.

-MilitaryAthiest claims Dean of Students

-TheAntidoter explains that he is bulletproof due to God being on his side.

-Zaradi claims Substitute Teacher-Watcher

-Budda claims Enrollment Officer - Mason Recruiter

-It is revealed that daytonanerd/royal visited Tulle/badger

-Ishall claims detention officer

-People want a justification from MA and begin voting for him.

-F-16 claims Principal

-Johnny claims Cafeteria Worker

-Arguments ensues as to wether or not Principal and Dean of Students are similar roles.

-People begin to VTL Budda due to the fact that Enrollment officers recruit students and most of the players are faculty

-People begin to VTL Daytonanerd due to inactivity and his mysterious visit on Tulle/badger who apparently had their vote stolen.

-There is arguments about tulle's claim, who claimed the student body.

Died in the Night
Drafterman - *************

It is now Day 2-Part 2
Player List:


1. Chicken
2. F-16 replaced thedebatekid
3. Johnny
4. Lannan13
5. badger
6. Ishall
7. Buddamoose
8. SarcasticIndeed replaced LKKK
9. TA
10. SPinko
11. Royalpaladin replaced Daytona
12. MA
13. Zaradi

With 13 players it takes 7 votes to get someone fired.

The Day Phase will end 10:00 PM EST Tomorrow No more Extensions.
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 9:46:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
On the Verge to EXPULSION

TheAntidoter (1/7) - Zaradi
Daytonanerd/Royal (5/7) - Chicken, Buddamoose, lannan13, ishallannoyyo, TheAntidoter
Buddamoose (1/7) - F-16
MilitaryAthiest (1/7) - socialpinko
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 9:52:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 9:45:58 PM, Jordan56 wrote:

-Zaradi claims Substitute Teacher-Watcher

I never claimed watcher.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 9:52:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 9:52:22 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/4/2012 9:45:58 PM, Jordan56 wrote:

-Zaradi claims Substitute Teacher-Watcher

I never claimed watcher.

Sorry whoever had the teacher role claimed watcher.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 10:50:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Its just sad that people completely ignore lurking...

Didnt die in american politics mafia solely because I lurked. Thought it might have shown exactly how scummy it is, TO NOT TALK FOR TWO STRAIGHT DP'S, but i guess not. Its ok, lurkig as a politician for the first two DP's of a game is totes pro-town, how can anyone be so silly as to suggest otherwise?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 11:01:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 10:53:54 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Hmm, could Budda really be town?

Derp.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 11:04:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 11:01:59 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/4/2012 10:53:54 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Hmm, could Budda really be town?

Derp.

Why is Budda town? In a few short senetences.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 12:09:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 11:04:13 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/4/2012 11:01:59 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/4/2012 10:53:54 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Hmm, could Budda really be town?

Derp.

Why is Budda town? In a few short senetences.

There's no compelling evidence to prove that he isn't. The default position, depending on who you talk to, is either null or town (imo it's town). Much like you are innocent until proven guilty, you are town until proven scum. We have yet to conclusively prove that he is scum (and no, your case is hardly conclusive), so I buy that he's town (for now).
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 12:19:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 12:14:15 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Who do you not buy as town at the moment?

Honestly? You and tulle.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 12:20:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 12:19:51 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/5/2012 12:14:15 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Who do you not buy as town at the moment?

Honestly? You and tulle.

Why?
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 12:30:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 12:20:49 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/5/2012 12:19:51 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/5/2012 12:14:15 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Who do you not buy as town at the moment?

Honestly? You and tulle.

Why?

Both of you in general? Pushing against Budda with full intent to lynch off of purely circumstantial and hardly sufficient evidence. tulle specifically? Her claim seems to go against the trend of claims by literally everyone else (she's a student, everyone else has claimed teacher, coincidence?). You specifically? I still can't shake the feeling that Drafter's death was caused by you, since we both know you tend to target experienced players as mafia (and you've even explained to me how experienced players on the mafia tend to kill other experienced players because they hate playing against them). It all seems to line up for me imo.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 12:50:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
- Did you not read the part where I explained the difference between killing and recruiting or did you miss the post?

- "Pushing against Budda with full intent to lynch off of purely circumstantial and hardly sufficient evidence."

How does this evidence not seem sufficent?

Also, why is it scummy to push lynches? Isn't the win condition of town supposed to lynch scum?

You are thinking "Oh, no X is pushing a lynch really hard, X is scum." But, town often push lynches on their scumreads and will go to great lengths to make it happen. Scum are afraid to push lynches, usually try to go with the flow, rarely spend a ton of time trying to persuade players.

Town's primary goal is offense. Town must find and kill scum to win the game. Scum's primary goal is defense. Scum must survive and allow town to kill themselves. As long as they are not lynched, it is good enough. Town scumhunts, try to figure out who is scum and goes after those players. This comes across as overeager and makes people wary. It isn't a scumtell. It is a towntell.

Consider Tulle for instance. Do you think she is scum because she replaced in, and threw out a vote on Budda when no one suspected him?

Stop looking at her behavior and consider the motivation. Why does scum show up in the middle of the day to FOS the Mason Recruiter? To get a lynch, sure. But wouldn't it make so much more sense to take the path of least resistance and go after someone who others are suspicious of?

Consider the flip side: why would Tulle do it as town? I can see her potentially thinking "hey look! Budda said he could only recruit students, but the town are staff. could Budda be scum?" Now, town want to get scum lynched so there IS no path of least resistance. Town just have to push and pull and do what is needed to get their scumread lynched.

Scum are cautious. Town don't really give a fvck. So, with that in mind, I'd ask you to re-evaluate. I might be convinced that Budda is town if you provide a compelling reason why. There is my compelling reason Tulle is town. I am almost certain that Tulle is town and don't give a fvck if anyone claims I am mafia defending her.

If you are town, Zaradi, you seriously need to re-evaluate. Your argument with Tulle was absolutely pointless and reeks of a similar kind of argument you had with Tulle in my Harry Potter game. Only that game, there were tons of good and active players who spotted it and you got lynched. This game literally is giving me a massive headache and if you are town, I could use your help.

Let's come to your last points on Tulle:

"THERE IS NO REASON WHY CLAIMING THE GENERAL STUDENT BODY PRECLUDES THE ABILITY TO CLAIM AN INDIVIDUAL STUDENT"

Do you honestly believe that? Badger as mafia claimed "student body" and the town just happenned to be staff members? Is Badger a freakin genius or is he a psychic?

Compare that to the alternative explanation of all roles being staff with one being the entire body to round out the claims.

I am not sure if you read the reason why I believe Budda to be scum.

- Town are all staff.
- Mafia doesn't know that town are all staff (a reasonable assumption)
- Mafia thinks town are students (another reasonable assumption)
- Budda claims an enrollment officer who can recruit students
- It is revealed that town are all staff.
- Budda modifies his role to include staff members as well.

See it yourself and evaluate.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 12:56:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
And for sake of people who need to catch up, PLEASE use a new post. Quoting line by line is pointless and often the bigger picture is lost in the details.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 1:14:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Another point of contention:

- Tulle was in American Politics mafia. When MA was suspected, she voted him. When Daytona was suspected, she changed her vote to him. She had no opinions of her own. She was just taking the path of least resistance. In this game however, she comes out in the middle of the day FOSsing Budda. She makes cases. She pushes lynches. You saw her behavior in my Harry Potter game as well. She is passionate and has a sense of purpose as to what direction she is going in. Her behavior in this game matches her town meta to absolute perfection.

- I fail to understand why you are not looking at the big picture and seeing how obvious it is that she is town. Why are focussing on things that are absolutely pointless such a claim of a student body and continuing to argue for the heck of arguing?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 1:49:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
EXPELLED/FIRED

1) Drafterman - ????????? - ????????

ROLE CLAIMS

1) Lannan13 - School nurse - Doctor
2) Tulle (badger) - Student body - Vanilla
3) TA - Chaplain - Bulletproof
4) Zaradi - Substitute Teacher - Miller
5) Chicken - Teacher - Watcher (NP1: Daytona visits Tulle)
6) Budda- Enrollment officer - Mason Recruiter (NP1: Attempted Drafter)
7) Ishall- Detention officer - Jailer (NP1: Waives)

CHARACTER CLAIMS

8) MA- Dean of Students
9) F-16 - Principal
10) SPinko - Security guard
11) Johnny- Cafeteria worker

UNCLAIMED

12) Royal
13) Sarcastic
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 1:59:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay guys sorry about my recent burst of inactivity, but I have had literally no free time for the past day or so. I will try to catch up by tomorrow afternoon and offer some analysis over what had happened since I was last active.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 2:16:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 2:08:29 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Roleclaiming might not be a bad idea while you are online.

Why?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 2:22:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 2:16:48 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/5/2012 2:08:29 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Roleclaiming might not be a bad idea while you are online.

Why?

Ah screw it. My role isn't important anyway.

I am the hated townie.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 2:25:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
And I asked because the general concensus seems to be that the inactives are causing the game to go slower. If you are not going to be here for a while, might as well get your claim while you are online.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 2:29:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
EXPELLED/FIRED

1) Drafterman - ????????? - ????????

ROLE CLAIMS

1) Lannan13 - School nurse - Doctor
2) Tulle (badger) - Student body - Vanilla
3) TA - Chaplain - Bulletproof
4) Zaradi - Substitute Teacher - Miller
5) Chicken - Teacher - Watcher (NP1: Daytona visits Tulle)
6) Budda- Enrollment officer - Mason Recruiter (NP1: Attempted Drafter)
7) Ishall- Detention officer - Jailer (NP1: Waives)
8) Johnny- Cafeteria worker - Hated Townie

CHARACTER CLAIMS

9) F-16 - Principal
10) MA- Dean of Students
11) SPinko - Security guard

UNCLAIMED

12) Royal
13) Sarcastic
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 2:32:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 2:25:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
And I asked because the general concensus seems to be that the inactives are causing the game to go slower. If you are not going to be here for a while, might as well get your claim while you are online.

Seems fair. Here is my role paraphrase.

I am a Cafeteria Worker. Students are grossed by my cooking and appearance. I am the hated townie and take one less vote to lynch.

I am town.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 2:34:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 2:25:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
And I asked because the general concensus seems to be that the inactives are causing the game to go slower. If you are not going to be here for a while, might as well get your claim while you are online.

I can understand that. However, inactivity will likely be a problem with a lot of players in the next two or three weeks. It's the week before finals for me and i still have group projects and stuff due.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 2:40:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 2:34:35 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/5/2012 2:25:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
And I asked because the general concensus seems to be that the inactives are causing the game to go slower. If you are not going to be here for a while, might as well get your claim while you are online.

I can understand that. However, inactivity will likely be a problem with a lot of players in the next two or three weeks. It's the week before finals for me and i still have group projects and stuff due.

Be a mafia addict like me. I have finals for college too but I am studying for my finals in a different tab :)

I don't know, maybe I should log off for a while and be serious about my classes.