Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Beginners 12.3 - DAY PHASE THREE

drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 1:58:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Died in the Night:
Jordan - Even-night Tracker - Town

Previously Dead:
Chicken - ___________
TheAntidoer - Doctor - Town

Living Players:
1. FourTrouble (MilitaryAtheist)
2. SarcasticIndeed
3. F-16 (Zeph)
4. Lannan13
5. johnnyboy54
6. Buddamoose
7. airmax1227

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch. This Day Phase will end no later than PM DDO time, on 12/7.
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 3:08:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We wait untill then.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 3:47:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 2:52:35 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Budda and airmax should have results for us.

Well it appears my inno was legit, and I investigated myself and got "no result" so i assume that means I was RB'd.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,766
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 4:26:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 3:47:14 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 12/5/2012 2:52:35 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Budda and airmax should have results for us.

Well it appears my inno was legit, and I investigated myself and got "no result" so i assume that means I was RB'd.

Why did you investigate jordan? Why do you think mafia would kill jordan instead of you?
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 5:35:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 4:26:21 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 12/5/2012 3:47:14 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 12/5/2012 2:52:35 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Budda and airmax should have results for us.

Well it appears my inno was legit, and I investigated myself and got "no result" so i assume that means I was RB'd.

Why did you investigate jordan? Why do you think mafia would kill jordan instead of you?

1) I investigated Jordan purely randomly. As I already said it didnt occure to me the best course would have been to check myself for any potential flavoring.

2) Herp-A-Derp, because Airmax is flavored it becomes quite obvious that chances are im not right? Plus your theory last DP of either me or Airmax being mafia would cause them to view me as a potential moslynch target, and airmax included as well I suppose.

The fact that my investigation target died should be indicative of me being town anyways, but due to WIFOM thats a leap most wont take.

We should collect all remaining claims now i believe. Seems the most prudent path to take. Care to claim or shall we go thru the show of voting for you to force it?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,766
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 6:13:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 5:35:25 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 12/5/2012 4:26:21 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 12/5/2012 3:47:14 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 12/5/2012 2:52:35 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Budda and airmax should have results for us.

Well it appears my inno was legit, and I investigated myself and got "no result" so i assume that means I was RB'd.

Why did you investigate jordan? Why do you think mafia would kill jordan instead of you?

1) I investigated Jordan purely randomly. As I already said it didnt occure to me the best course would have been to check myself for any potential flavoring.

2) Herp-A-Derp, because Airmax is flavored it becomes quite obvious that chances are im not right? Plus your theory last DP of either me or Airmax being mafia would cause them to view me as a potential moslynch target, and airmax included as well I suppose.

The fact that my investigation target died should be indicative of me being town anyways, but due to WIFOM thats a leap most wont take.

We should collect all remaining claims now i believe. Seems the most prudent path to take. Care to claim or shall we go thru the show of voting for you to force it?

I thought you already admitted that I never said that. Why are you suddenly back to misrepresenting me? Can you find the post where I said what you claim I said?
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 7:11:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I investigated Sarcastic and got "innocent"

I investigated him mostly because he was the hammer on an inno, and I didn't have any pro-town reads on him whatsoever...

I got 'guilty' on myself, a member of the town... and have now gotten "innocent" on Sarcastic.. someone I can now only conclude is mafia or third party.

VTL Sarcastic, for death.
Debate.org Moderator
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 7:40:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
VTL Sarcastic
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 7:42:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 6:13:32 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

I thought you already admitted that I never said that. Why are you suddenly back to misrepresenting me? Can you find the post where I said what you claim I said?

Ok fine, an "experienced" player must be mafia. But are Airmax and I not experienced? So I hardly see how the specific phrasing used matters when the same message is sent either way.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,766
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 7:47:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 7:42:08 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 12/5/2012 6:13:32 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

I thought you already admitted that I never said that. Why are you suddenly back to misrepresenting me? Can you find the post where I said what you claim I said?

Ok fine, an "experienced" player must be mafia. But are Airmax and I not experienced? So I hardly see how the specific phrasing used matters when the same message is sent either way.

The phrasing matters because you are misrepresenting me. You have been told you are misrepresenting me, you admit you were wrong, yet you continue to do it.

The phrasing also matters because you are employing it to defend yourself, and your defense fails if it is based in a misrepresentation.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 8:25:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Airmax investigated Sarcastic for a very minor reason and gave no indication that he was going to investigate him. That excludes framing from the mafia.

Since Airmax got a guilty on himself and an innocent on Sarcastic, it is fairly obvious that he is an insane cop and Sarcastic is mafia.

I definitely think we should get Sarcastic's claim and hammer. On the off chance that he happens to be a town investigator, the results would be helpful.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 8:49:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 7:48:10 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Sarcastic should claim before he is hammered. We still cannot discount the possibility that Sarcastic is town.

VTL Sarcastic

Then why put him within one vote of being hammered?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 8:55:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
From last DP

At 12/3/2012 8:24:16 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/3/2012 8:15:23 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Two cops do not surprise me, especially in a flavors game with misinformative roles. But I am kinda worried that one of them is a TP trying to get away with a cop claim. I don't think we can write either of them off as town.

Why do you specifically mention the possibility that they could be third party as opposed to saying that they could potentially be mafia?

At the time, I was thinking about the scum fakeclaims and cop did not seem like a suitable one for mafia. I thought it would work much better as a TP fakeclaim, since TPs generally have to take greater risks in a game to be successful.

You are right though. There is a possibility that either of them could be mafia trying to fakeclaim cop. I also forgot about the janitor kill, which means we could be dealing with a janitored fake claim. I was not thinking it through all the way.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 7:12:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 8:57:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
W/e, impatience is a virtue and hammers are cool.

This is now the official motto of DDO Mafia.

Vote Count
Sarcastic - 4/4 - airmax, Budda, FourTrouble, F-16

Sarcastic has been lynched! He was Guilty! He was the Framer!

The Day Phase is over, the night phase has begun. It will end no later than 7AM DDO Time on 12/8.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 11:10:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 8:57:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
W/e, impatience is a virtue and hammers are cool.

VTL Sarcastic

Haha awesome one-liner
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 11:14:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2012 7:47:14 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 12/5/2012 7:42:08 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 12/5/2012 6:13:32 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

I thought you already admitted that I never said that. Why are you suddenly back to misrepresenting me? Can you find the post where I said what you claim I said?

Ok fine, an "experienced" player must be mafia. But are Airmax and I not experienced? So I hardly see how the specific phrasing used matters when the same message is sent either way.

The phrasing matters because you are misrepresenting me. You have been told you are misrepresenting me, you admit you were wrong, yet you continue to do it.

The same message gets sent whether you say Airmax and I, or "experienced players" you understand that right?

The phrasing also matters because you are employing it to defend yourself, and your defense fails if it is based in a misrepresentation.

No, no it doesnt. Your insistance that everything you say be taken literally, is just rather annoying. This is mafia, the point of the game is to NOT take everything someone say literally.

Furthermore If you are tired of people misrepresenting, then instead of using ambiguous statements like, "experienced" how about you specifically state exactly what you mean by experienced? You cant fault people for inferring or interpreting what you say in a different manner than what you intended, if you arent actually explaining what the intended meaning is. Doing so just shows a complete lack of social acumen.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion