School District: END GAME THREAD.

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:25:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
MAFIA WINS

Johnnyboy - You are a Cafeteria Worker. Students have been gross out with your for a long time. Some people say you poison the food. You"re probably just a bad cook. Each night you may serve a player some food and they will die without anyone watchers or trackers knowing.

Socialpinko - You are a Gang Member. Though you are enrolled in the school, you cause trouble and are the expression for trouble. You are a thief and will switch two people"s targets at night.

ishallannoyyo - You are the Detention Officer. You keep a watchful eye on students in detention making sure they don't do anything wrong. You are the role-blocker and can block a person"s role each night.

SarcasticIndeed - You are the Janitor. You clean the school of remains and garbage. At night you may janitor a person after the night kill and no one will be aware of his or her role the following day. However you are very lazy, meaning you can only janitor two people this game.

You are all Mafia

Died last night:

MilitaryAthiest - You are the Dean of Schools and want the best for your students. You are the bodyguard and can protect someone at night. If they are targeted for a kill, you will die instead. You are Town

Died last Day Phase:

F-16 - You are the Principal and you run the school. You want your school to succeed and be the best in town. You try your best for it not to close down so you are the survivor and win if you survive until the end. You are Third Party

Town Players:

Daytona/Royal - Vote Stealer - deceased
Chicken - Watcher - deceased
Zaradi - Miller
TA - Bulletproof
MA - Bodyguard - deceased
Drafterman - Cop - deceased
Lannan13 - Doctor
Badger/tulle - Vanilla
Buddamoose - Mason Recruiter - deceased
Johnny - Ninja
SPinko - Bus Driver
Ishall - Rolebolcker
LK/SarcasticIndeed - 2x Janitor
Thedebatekid/F-16 - Survivor - deceased

Thoughts:

This game was a total fail on my part and the overall balance was horrible. I completely over-powered the mafia which gave them an easy win. Also, everyone in town become inactive and I had to replace a bunch of players. I also wasn't hoping for everyone to claim Day Phase 2. That threw of some good uses of roles. Also, F-16 never got recruited. Budda's target was switched with actual mafia so that was fun to watch.It was interesting to see people go into depth about the wordings of the roles. I might incorporate that into my next game so look out, but all the roles were fairly simple. No MVP, it was just a bad game lol. Anyways, hope you had fun. If you want to know a specific night action ask me and I will post it. Leave comments and advice.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:33:45 PM
Fun game, even if it was unbalanced.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:47:56 PM
The game was pretty good from a mod standpoint. I think town were highly inactive. I wish we caught onto IShall's Johnny's and Spinko's fake reactions after the hammer. I was playing "pro-town" as in pretending I was town and scumhunting like normal. Tulle played well with what she had. Zaradi, budda and I played badly tunneling each other. Spinko played great. It was hard to get reads because everyone was new-ish which means scummy behavior needed to be analyzed better.

wish drafter was alive. That would have brought more life to the game.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:49:09 PM
At 12/8/2012 7:47:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
The game was pretty good from a mod standpoint. I think town were highly inactive. I wish we caught onto IShall's Johnny's and Spinko's fake reactions after the hammer. I was playing "pro-town" as in pretending I was town and scumhunting like normal. Tulle played well with what she had. Zaradi, budda and I played badly tunneling each other. Spinko played great. It was hard to get reads because everyone was new-ish which means scummy behavior needed to be analyzed better.

How did my reaction appear fake?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:49:17 PM
At 12/8/2012 7:40:06 PM, drafterman wrote:
I wonder why the mafia killed me, especially since they knew I was going to push for badger's lynch?

From the explanation of my reasoning in the mafia PM:

The only possibles I had on killing were Budda, Zaradi, and Drafter (yeah yeah I know that's my playstyle but I showed in some game a little while back [convincingly] that it was useless to use that against me). Zaradi claimed miller so he's functionally useless (as far as the janitor power is concerned) and Budda only posted once today (approving of Badger's lynch so he'll be useful later).

The reason Drafter is good is obviously to cast at least some suspicion on Badger since he was really the only one flamewarring with him this Dp. He's also perceptive and active, something we cannot afford. I support RBing him because he could be doc or JK or something. Also if he's a role that could have a visible effect on townies (like messenger) that would make it obvious that whoever claims his role stole it. I choose to waive the bus driver because we don't know what roles anyone has. I'd also rather use the janitor than the ninja tonight so we should waive that.

tl;dr: You're a good player.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:51:19 PM
At 12/8/2012 7:47:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Lol almost every time someone did something scummy (Chicken's Dp1 watch choice for example) it just got explained away as newbishness. However, I think that actually helped town a bit. Mafia were mostly veterans with the exception of SA who wasn't really analyzed that way.

:
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:52:25 PM
The funny thing is, Budda never visited F-16. The plan was that we had Ishall roleblock himself, and then bused him and Budda. Meaning Budda would die for trying to recruit scum, F-16 would have been roleblocked (we were thinking you were the vig) and we would still have our night kill.

He would have died anyway though, which really took some of the thunder out of my plan.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:55:32 PM
At 12/8/2012 7:53:41 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I considered saying that I was bussed but no one was going to buy that explanation so I went with third party.

Yeah that hardly ever works.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:56:57 PM
Honestly, F-65939 coming out as TP in the last Dp was the biggest surprise to me this game. I was convinced you were JOAT or vig (and that MA was which ever one you weren't).
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:57:52 PM
@F-593, I think you played as well as you could given your position. It's funny that even if you hadn't purposely gotten Budda killed we still would have been on your arse about it.
:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 7:59:50 PM
At 12/8/2012 7:57:52 PM, socialpinko wrote:
@F-593, I think you played as well as you could given your position. It's funny that even if you hadn't purposely gotten Budda killed we still would have been on your arse about it.

Nah, you were easily the best player. I hammered a townie, got another townie killed, and then got lynched. I probably played a role in at least 3 non-mafia dying.

I guess the only thing I would have done differently was reconsider budda as town and not ask him to recruit me. Once I told him to recruit me, I was gambling my life away on Budda being mafia.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:07:37 PM
At 12/8/2012 7:59:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/8/2012 7:57:52 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Nah, you were easily the best player. I hammered a townie, got another townie killed, and then got lynched. I probably played a role in at least 3 non-mafia dying.

Ishall was actually better than me planning wise. In the PM he seemed to be the main architect as far as planning out what we did in the Np (with a special shout-out to Johnny for getting us two NK's on Np3). I just thought about claims (most of which never came to fruition) and put up a public front.

I guess the only thing I would have done differently was reconsider budda as town and not ask him to recruit me. Once I told him to recruit me, I was gambling my life away on Budda being mafia.

I think your mistake was playing too pro-town (psychologically speaking of course) which made you stand out more. Playing pro-town (and not just as a cover) isn't a good play for non-townies.
:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:17:07 PM
Really? I am impressed with Ishall then.

As for playing too pro-town, I guess if there were better townies like bluesteel, drafter, or BV, they would have had a town-read on me (ironically enough). It just takes a more complex level of analysis (like I did with tulle) to figure out how to look beneath the surface. I don't think anyone did that with me (Zaradi for instance was convinced both Tulle and I were mafia based purely on superficial reasons like disagreement.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:28:37 PM
Just minutes too late :(

At 12/7/2012 11:38:52 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Seriously, mafia are IShall, Spinko, SI, and Lannan. If not Lannan, maybe Johnny but I doubt it.

From most obvious to least:
- IShall
- Spinko
- SI
- Lannan

If there is a vig, you need to kill IShall to stand any chance of town winning. If there is a doc, choose carefully.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:43:01 PM
At 12/8/2012 8:39:28 PM, badger wrote:
i called them all :P

Doesn't count when:
A) You basically call everyone mafia and town, constantly flip-flopping back and forth; and
B) Can't present your suspicions in a manner that is convincing.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:44:30 PM
At 12/8/2012 8:43:01 PM, drafterman wrote:

Doesn't count when:
A) You basically call everyone mafia and town, constantly flip-flopping back and forth; and
B) Can't present your suspicions in a manner that is convincing.
C) You rage quit.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:48:02 PM
At 12/8/2012 8:42:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Quote?

first page of last day, once all of them had voted and after your spiel which was very, very sincere sounding. i called lannan for the townie among them for the casuality/freedom of posting i'd been talking about (the way he voted)

i also called you and budda as town, drafter.

the only bad call i made was d1 which was zaradi which i fell off having reread that day.

i also knew daytona was town having been "put on probation"... obv town. drafter don't be jealous.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:50:10 PM
i didn't rage quit, i had tests to do.

and eh, i also quickly townread ishallannoyyou d1, but that one disappeared quickly too once i saw johnny trying to push my two bad reads at the end of d1 :P he got very obvious as d1 progressed.
signature
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:51:56 PM
At 12/8/2012 8:48:02 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/8/2012 8:42:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Quote?

first page of last day, once all of them had voted and after your spiel which was very, very sincere sounding. i called lannan for the townie among them for the casuality/freedom of posting i'd been talking about (the way he voted)

i also called you and budda as town, drafter.

the only bad call i made was d1 which was zaradi which i fell off having reread that day.

i also knew daytona was town having been "put on probation"... obv town. drafter don't be jealous.

Don't worry. I'm not. If I ever want tips on how to make everyone in the game irritated at me to the point I'm forced to quit, I'll contact you.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:52:38 PM
i also fos'd MA at one point, but he'd not talked really and nor had LK/SI so that was just POE. i was trying to get F16 to push on someone sensible rather than who he was pushing on...

having actually read i called the whole game pretty much :3
signature
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:52:58 PM
At 12/8/2012 8:50:10 PM, badger wrote:

No, you rage quit:

"I have no interest in playing with a pack of bitches."

and eh, i also quickly townread ishallannoyyou d1, but that one disappeared quickly too once i saw johnny trying to push my two bad reads at the end of d1 :P he got very obvious as d1 progressed.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:55:55 PM
At 12/8/2012 8:55:06 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
If Drafterman is town from now on, it should be required for the mod to make him at least 1X bulletproof.

I'm not mad I got killed. Disappointed a bit, but that's normal. I was just confused as I was going to push for a mislynched so I didn't understand why mafia wouldn't exploit that.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 8:56:16 PM
At 12/8/2012 8:52:58 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/8/2012 8:50:10 PM, badger wrote:

No, you rage quit:

"I have no interest in playing with a pack of bitches."

i had a test tuesday and friday. i'm now a qualified electrical and instrumentation technician.

signature