4. Jordan56 - Even-night Tracker - Town
5. SarcasticIndeed - Framer - Mafia
6. F-16 (Zeph) - Serial Killer - Third Party
7. Lannan13 - Godfather - Mafia
8. johnnyboy54 - Ninja/1-shot Janitor - Mafia
9. Buddamoose - Cop - Town
10. airmax1227 - Insane Cop - Town

Analysis:
I honestly expected the mafia to win this one, and I believe the set-up favors the mafia. However, neither the Miller, Godfather, Ninja, Janitor, Framer or Serial-Killer really had any effect, and I think that drastically altered the game, as it left only the protective/investigative roles left.

1. The Miller didn't claim, resulting in him being killed and Janitored, leaving the Mafia no real good fake claim.
2. No one successfully investigated the Godfather (airmax was role-blocked by the Paranoid Doctor)
3. Due to a miscommunication, the Mafia killed the tracker, despite having a Ninja
4. The Serial-Killer was successively: A) role-blocked by the Paranoid Doctor; or B) targeting one of the Doctor's targets; this resulted in no nights of double kills.
5. The Framer never targeted anyone that got investigated.

It really came down to the last night. The Mafia had believed that FT was the Serial Killer and that F-16 was the Jailer (Paranoid Doctor is equivalent to the Jailer, except that they don't' know that they are.) Oddly enough, neither Mafia nor the Serial Killer thought to kill FT, or gave him much thought. Very surprising that a Doctor-type character lasted the entire game.

Upcoming:
The next game will be a Classic Themed game, and I will post roles tonight.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 3:00:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/9/2012 2:56:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
Town Wins!

Dramatis Personae:
1. TheAntidoter - Doctor - Town
2. Chicken - Miller - Town
3. FourTrouble (MilitaryAtheist) - Paranoid Doctor - Town

Analysis:
I honestly expected the mafia to win this one, and I believe the set-up favors the mafia. However, neither the Miller, Godfather, Ninja, Janitor, Framer or Serial-Killer really had any effect, and I think that drastically altered the game, as it left only the protective/investigative roles left.

1. The Miller didn't claim, resulting in him being killed and Janitored, leaving the Mafia no real good fake claim.
2. No one successfully investigated the Godfather (airmax was role-blocked by the Paranoid Doctor)
3. Due to a miscommunication, the Mafia killed the tracker, despite having a Ninja
4. The Serial-Killer was successively: A) role-blocked by the Paranoid Doctor; or B) targeting one of the Doctor's targets; this resulted in no nights of double kills.

It really came down to the last night. The Mafia had believed that FT was the Serial Killer and that F-16 was the Jailer (Paranoid Doctor is equivalent to the Jailer, except that they don't' know that they are.) Oddly enough, neither Mafia nor the Serial Killer thought to kill FT, or gave him much thought. Very surprising that a Doctor-type character lasted the entire game.

Upcoming:

Gj Town. I honestly am wondering why I was targeted by Mafia... didn't make any sense. I never expressed a major role, and had strange behavior that mafia could have easily used against me to get a mislynch. Why waste a kill mafia? I never claimed because I just assumed myself to be relatively safe, I watched from the outside and gave small input, very surprised no one thought I was scum.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 3:03:43 PM
At 12/9/2012 3:00:37 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 12/9/2012 2:56:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
Town Wins!

Dramatis Personae:
1. TheAntidoter - Doctor - Town
2. Chicken - Miller - Town
3. FourTrouble (MilitaryAtheist) - Paranoid Doctor - Town

Analysis:

Upcoming:

Gj Town. I honestly am wondering why I was targeted by Mafia... didn't make any sense. I never expressed a major role, and had strange behavior that mafia could have easily used against me to get a mislynch. Why waste a kill mafia? I never claimed because I just assumed myself to be relatively safe, I watched from the outside and gave small input, very surprised no one thought I was scum.

For a janitor, you want to kill a person like that, so you are more free to use their role. Obviously you don't want to waste it on someone that has claimed, and neither do you want to waste it on someone that even soft claims or hints at their role. Someone who has kept quiet about their role is perfect.

Also, it is usually standard procedure around here for Millers to Claim on DP1. If you claim Miller in response to an investigation, people aren't likely to believe you.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net...(old)
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 3:05:57 PM
GG guys..

So that explains why I kept getting roleblocked...

But it didn't really matter. We determined Johnny was mafia anyway, even having failed to investigate him the previous NP, and Lannan seemed an obvious call for mafia in the last DP. I gut lucky investigating Sarcastic on NP2 and didn't have to deduce my flavor as I had investigated myself on NP1...

Good game town... This was a fun game Drafter, good work.
Debate.org Moderator
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 3:08:15 PM
I give props to Sarcastic, for deducing early on that the game would consist of flavored/non-flavored pairs, though why he would offer such a boon to the town is beyond me.

Also, people that picked up on Lannan and TheAntidoter's odd-man-out claims of Bomb and Bulletproof also get props, for understanding the theme.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 3:15:34 PM
At 12/9/2012 3:08:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
I give props to Sarcastic, for deducing early on that the game would consist of flavored/non-flavored pairs, though why he would offer such a boon to the town is beyond me.

Tbh, I thought it was pretty obvious at the time. That's why I mentioned it.

Also, people that picked up on Lannan and TheAntidoter's odd-man-out claims of Bomb and Bulletproof also get props, for understanding the theme.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 3:17:27 PM
At 12/9/2012 3:15:34 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 12/9/2012 3:08:15 PM, drafterman wrote:

Tbh, I thought it was pretty obvious at the time. That's why I mentioned it.

It wasn't a real criticism, but you were the only one to really pick up on it.

TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 3:27:09 PM
Funny that in my 1 night of life I actually protected a kill.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Niwsa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 4:53:02 PM
That was a really interesting game to watch, I'll join the next one whenever you make it.
http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 5:31:43 PM
At 12/9/2012 4:30:33 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I think I have been 3rd party for four consecutive games.

I have been mafia in every game this beginner series.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 9:01:23 AM
My strategy was simple

Claim bulletproof and protect myself that night.

The next nights from then onward I would protect somebody else and no one would kill me because they would think I am bulletproof, thus making things better for the town.

Then I got lynched. Whoop de friggin do.

Thank you for forever screwing over my strategy.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!