Jump to topic:

Anyone want to Hydra with me?

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:09:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hydra: A hydra is an account created by two members for the purposes of playing a mafia game. Mafiascum have plenty of hydras. I even got into a hydra with another player and played a game.

Here is how it works. If you want to hydra with a player, you discuss it with them, then create an account where which both of you have the username/password to. For instance, if say player A hydras with Player B, they create another account and only that account posts in the game. Before posting, players discuss reads with each other in their own private PM.

Of course, there is a chance that mods could refuse to have hydras in their game but we'll just have to find a mod that doesn't mind.

Comments?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:15:41 PM
At 12/9/2012 8:11:26 PM, drafterman wrote:
Hm. Interesting. The purpose?

Well, if you are town, you get to discuss reads with your hydra partner. For example, let's say we make a hydra and I think someone is scum and you think they are town, we discuss privately the reason why and bounce reads off of each other and decide who to vote for etc. If an experienced player hydras with a noob, it will be a good learning experience as their hydra partner teaches them about various reads.

As scum, the hydra could play to their strengths. For instance, if you are a better scum player than your partner, you could tell them who to vote for, which mislynch to push etc. There would be a little confusion since the hydra gets into the mafia PM and you need to discuss yoru private reads with your mafia partners and then in the Day Phase but on balance, it is worth it and especially awesome if you are in a hydra and draw town.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:19:56 PM
Like I said, I think it'd be interesting. But given how hard it is, currently, to get games filled and running, I'm not sure we can afford people to double-up.

Also, couldn't you do this without having to share an account? Instead of sharing an account, we're just playing on a team of our own, as one player in a game. One could be designated as the participater, that actually does the posting/voting, but both have a PM for conferring.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:22:20 PM
At 12/9/2012 8:20:03 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Yeah, it is. Although, personally I just want to have fun hydra'ing with an experienced player.

I'm up for it.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:24:10 PM
At 12/9/2012 8:19:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
Like I said, I think it'd be interesting. But given how hard it is, currently, to get games filled and running, I'm not sure we can afford people to double-up.

Also, couldn't you do this without having to share an account? Instead of sharing an account, we're just playing on a team of our own, as one player in a game. One could be designated as the participater, that actually does the posting/voting, but both have a PM for conferring.

It could, but the whole reason for the hydra is that both player get to post. It wouldn't be like Player A is playing the game while discussing reads with Player B. Both players have the chance to get into the game, get frustrated, get emotionally involved, whatever. Both players get to make arguments, push lynches etc. They could sign off with their name at the end like how I am doing in this post.

The point about having trouble filling a game is a good one. However, it can be solved by me giving up my spot in TV's game for a hydra account with whoever wants to hydra with me. Or I could join Budda's game (I am not currently in it). This adds an extra player who would hydra with someone in the game.

~ F-16
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:26:42 PM
At 12/9/2012 8:22:20 PM, drafterman wrote:
Yeah, it is. Although, personally I just want to have fun hydra'ing with an experienced player.

I'm up for it.

Awesome. I'll PM you about it.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:28:00 PM
At 12/9/2012 8:26:42 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I'm up for it.

Do you have any suggestions which game to choose?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:28:51 PM
At 12/9/2012 8:28:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/9/2012 8:26:42 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I'm up for it.

Do you have any suggestions which game to choose?

We could do Buddas game.