Jump to topic:

Imabench's World War 4 Game

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:23:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is sort of the sequel to my WW3 game I made a long time ago. Heres how it works..........

Basics:
The year starts in 2150, about a century after WW3 started and ended (2050-2057). Each round lasts one year and there are 15 players, each player chooses a single country they want to be.
Each player has 1000 miles of territory, they are eliminated once they run out of territory from having it attacked by other players
Each player can only have a maximum of 1000 miles of territory

ALLIANCES:
This is the trickiest part of the game and it happens right in the beginning so pay attention. Once the roster is filled, you get to form an official alliance with one other country of your choosing. You make your alliance by sending a PM to another player/country and you request to be in an alliance. They have to accept. You may only choose to ally yourself with a country once. Other countries though will choose to ally with you and you will have to accept. So you can be in multiple alliances but only one of them will be an alliance that you chose to be in.

If thats too confusing let me put it another way. Imagine Facebook: You can only send one friend request to a person, however others can send you friend requests in which you have to accept. Alliances here work kind of the same way.

You are allowed to coordinate with other countries you are NOT allied with if you choose, but these will not be official alliances.

So whats the point of alliances then? Alliances give the world war game a more realistic feel to it as the game progresses, they force countries to coordinate with one another and plan their moves carefully rather then gang up on one weaker country (although that does happen), but most importantly an alliance can determine if you win or lose the game when youre one of the last ones standing. (See end scenarios for further clarification)

Moves:
Each player gets three moves per round, and three options for a move,
- 1 - They can invade a country 100 miles,
- 2 - Defend against a specific country,
- 3 - They can retake 100 miles of their own territory

- The first option is pretty straightforward

- The second option works like this: If one person thinks another specific country will invade them next turn, and that country DOES invade them, then the invading country loses 300 miles of their own territory and the defender gains 300 miles back of their own territory. Its the biggest move in the game but it is very hard to pull off, particularly at the start of the game since there are so many countries. If 300 miles gained puts them over 1000, it is rounded back down to 1000. If the person defends against a country specifically but already has 1000, then they stay at 1000 but the other player still loses 300. If however the suspected country DOESNT invade, then nothing happens and that turn/move is wasted

- The third option generally means that you retake 100 miles of your own land, but you can only use this if your territory is below 1000, you cant retake your own territory if you are fully healthy at the time, you must wait until someone has invaded you.

How the game proceeds from year to year:
Each round players PM me their 3 actions, and then the next day I will calculate who did what to who, and how much territory they lost or gained, while also show a list of who has how much territory left.

End scenarios:
1) Annihilation = all nations have destroyed themselves utterly (very unlikely)
2) Survival of the fittest = Only three nations are left (more likely)
3) Alliance = Three nations are left but two of them are in an alliance, then the two in an alliance win (also likely)
4) Betrayal = Three nations are left and one of them is in an alliance with the other two surviving nations, the nation in the two alliances is disqualified and the other two win the game

Those are the rules, sign up below by stating your name and country you want to pick, the country you pick in now way affects how powerful you are in the game since everyone starts out with the same amount of terriroty

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Once all the spots are filled players will begin creating alliances and letting me know who allied them and who they allied with. The last game lasted 7 turns, this one will probably be a bit longer since we are adding 3 more players
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:27:17 PM
At 12/10/2012 6:23:30 PM, imabench wrote:
This is sort of the sequel to my WW3 game I made a long time ago. Heres how it works..........

Basics:
The year starts in 2150, about a century after WW3 started and ended (2050-2057). Each round lasts one year and there are 15 players, each player chooses a single country they want to be.
Each player has 1000 miles of territory, they are eliminated once they run out of territory from having it attacked by other players

ALLIANCES:
This is the trickiest part of the game and it happens right in the beginning so pay attention. Once the roster is filled, you get to form an official alliance with one other country of your choosing. You make your alliance by sending a PM to another player/country and you request to be in an alliance. They have to accept. You may only choose to ally yourself with a country once. Other countries though will choose to ally with you and you will have to accept. So you can be in multiple alliances but only one of them will be an alliance that you chose to be in.

If thats too confusing let me put it another way. Imagine Facebook: You can only send one friend request to a person, however others can send you friend requests in which you have to accept. Alliances here work kind of the same way.

You are allowed to coordinate with other countries you are NOT allied with if you choose, but these will not be official alliances.

So whats the point of alliances then? Alliances give the world war game a more realistic feel to it as the game progresses, they force countries to coordinate with one another and plan their moves carefully rather then gang up on one weaker country (although that does happen), but most importantly an alliance can determine if you win or lose the game when youre one of the last ones standing. (See end scenarios for further clarification)

Moves:

- The second option works like this: If one person thinks another specific country will invade them next turn, and that country DOES invade them, then the invading country loses 300 miles of their own territory and the defender gains 300 miles back of their own territory. Its the biggest move in the game but it is very hard to pull off, particularly at the start of the game since there are so many countries. If 300 miles gained puts them over 1000, it is rounded back down to 1000. If the person defends against a country specifically but already has 1000, then they stay at 1000 but the other player still loses 300. If however the suspected country DOESNT invade, then nothing happens and that turn/move is wasted

- The third option generally means that you retake 100 miles of your own land, but you can only use this if your territory is below 1000, you cant retake your own territory if you are fully healthy at the time, you must wait until someone has invaded you.

Each round players PM me their 3 actions, and then the next day I will calculate who did what to who, and how much territory they lost or gained, while also show a list of who has how much territory left.

End scenarios:
3) Alliance = Three nations are left but two of them are in an alliance, then the two in an alliance win (also likely)
4) Betrayal = Three nations are left and one of them is in an alliance with the other two surviving nations, the nation in the two alliances is disqualified and the other two win the game

Those are the rules, sign up below by stating your name and country you want to pick, the country you pick in now way affects how powerful you are in the game since everyone starts out with the same amount of terriroty

1-
2- THEBOMB
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Once all the spots are filled players will begin creating alliances and letting me know who allied them and who they allied with. The last game lasted 7 turns, this one will probably be a bit longer since we are adding 3 more players
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:32:32 PM
You need to pick a country....

1-
2- THEBOMB
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Niwsa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:33:43 PM
At 12/10/2012 6:27:17 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

Basics:

ALLIANCES:

Moves:

End scenarios:

1- Niwsa
2- THEBOMB
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:34:38 PM

1- Niwsa
2- THEBOMB
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:36:06 PM
At 12/10/2012 6:27:17 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

Basics:

ALLIANCES:

Moves:

End scenarios:

1-
2- THEBOMB
3-
4- Emospongebob527; Russia
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:41:49 PM
At 12/10/2012 6:34:38 PM, imabench wrote:

1- Niwsa
2- THEBOMB - Poland (we'll try again :D)
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Sorry Mr. Bench :(
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:42:54 PM

1- Niwsa
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:43:56 PM
At 12/10/2012 6:41:49 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

1- Niwsa
3- Emospongebob527; Russia
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:44:24 PM
At 12/10/2012 6:42:54 PM, imabench wrote:

1- Niwsa
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:45:05 PM
At 12/10/2012 6:43:56 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
At 12/10/2012 6:41:49 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

1- Niwsa
3- Emospongebob527; Russia
4- 16kadams; Spain
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Niwsa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:49:37 PM
At 12/10/2012 6:44:24 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:

1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

My apologies
http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 6:51:47 PM
At 12/10/2012 6:49:37 PM, Niwsa wrote:
At 12/10/2012 6:44:24 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:

1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

My apologies
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 7:00:08 PM
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 7:00:33 PM
Who was I last time? I think it was North Korea.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 7:26:43 PM
yeah you were NK last time

TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 7:27:40 PM
At 12/10/2012 7:00:08 PM, phantom wrote:
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6- TA = Egypt
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Control ALL the major seaports.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 7:30:15 PM
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6- Contra = China
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 7:33:22 PM
At 12/10/2012 7:27:40 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6- TA = Egypt
7- Contra = China
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 8:15:30 PM
At 12/10/2012 7:33:22 PM, imabench wrote:
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6- TA = Egypt
7- Contra = China
8- Ishall = The United States
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Didn't even read the rules, will read them later, saw "World War 4 Game" was like "YES PLEASE I'LL TAKE TWO!!"

Then I saw Contra took China. "Hmmm, make that one..."
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 11:49:05 PM
At 12/10/2012 8:15:30 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
At 12/10/2012 7:33:22 PM, imabench wrote:
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6- TA = Egypt
7- Contra = China
9- Dr. VK - South Korea
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Didn't even read the rules, will read them later, saw "World War 4 Game" was like "YES PLEASE I'LL TAKE TWO!!"

Then I saw Contra took China. "Hmmm, make that one..."
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 7:24:35 AM
TV representing Australia.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 7:32:34 AM
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6- TA = Egypt
7- Contra = China
9- Dr. VK - South Korea
10-
11-
12-
13- Lannan13 = India
14-
15-
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 7:37:57 AM
At 12/11/2012 7:32:34 AM, lannan13 wrote:
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6- TA = Egypt
7- Contra = China
9- Dr. VK - South Korea
10- TBK - Japan
11-
12-
13- Lannan13 = India
14-
15-
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 7:52:17 AM
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6- TA = Egypt
7- Contra = China
9- Dr. VK - South Korea
10- TV - Australia
11- Drafterman - New Zealand
12-
13-
14-
15-
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 7:55:49 AM
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6- TA = Egypt
7- Contra = China
9- Dr. VK - South Korea
10- TV - Australia
12- lannan13 = India
13-
14-
15-
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 8:07:18 AM
1- Niwsa = Iceland
2- THEBOMB = Poland
3- Emo = Russia
4- 16kadams = Spain
5- Phantom = Germany
6- TA = Egypt
7- Contra = China
9- Dr. VK - South Korea
10- TV - Australia
12- lannan13 = India
13- TDK - Japan
14-
15-

I was accidentally deleted off the last one.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

- Looking for Criticism
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 8:58:18 AM
At 12/11/2012 8:15:41 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Are imaginary countries or countries that used to exist possible?

HAIL, HAIL FREDONIA, LAND OF THE FREEE ANDDD BRAAAAVVVVEEEE!
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 9:54:55 AM
At 12/11/2012 8:15:41 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Are imaginary countries or countries that used to exist possible?

I would guess not seeing as the game is based in WW4. Countries that did exist would not be there just as they are today. This is just my opinion but the moderator should soon answer your question.

- Looking for Criticism