Jump to topic:

Trial by Jury sign-ups

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:11:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
While it's been a while since one of these games were hosted, the idea has been rattling around my head for a while until I recently decided to give it a shot.

The basic synopsis of this game:

The game revolves around a jury trial, complete with prosecution, defense, judge, jury, witnesses, accused, etc. One team of three will be the prosecution, another team of three will be the defense. A team of five will compose the jury (it was originally seven, and I can expand it to be such, but I was worried about getting enough people), and I will be the judge and the witnesses. In order for the prosecution to win this game, they must get a conviction of whoever they try. For the defense to get the win, they must acquit the accused character. For the jury to win, they must convict the guilty character or acquit the innocent character, depending on who the prosecution tries. Obviously, this allows for joint wins, as the prosecution could try the guilty party and the jury could convict him. Aside from that, though, each party acts independently. For a more specific overview, please see medic's explanation here:

http://www.debate.org...

This is how my specific game will run:

The prosecution and defense will each have their separate PMs with myself to investigate the crime being tried. Both side will be able to ask questions and have access to reports to increase the strength of their case and/or defense. They will be able to interrogate witnesses before they take the stand to testify, just like any other day when investigating a crime. Ultimately, the prosecution will choose a character to try, and that will be when the actual trial will start. From there, there will be a general discussion PM between the prosecution, the defense, and myself, where objections and such can be discussed without de-railing the thread. The jury will also receive a PM where they can discuss the trial and if they should acquit or convict. After the trial is over, the jury will deliver their decision, and I will reveal the results of the game.

With that, those who are interested may sign up below. Keep in mind that this game could very well drag out for a while, and those who wish to participate should be prepared to be in this for the long haul. If you cannot be in this game for longer than a few weeks, I'd advise thinking twice about joining.

Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead).
ALT.

Jury:
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:13:11 PM
At 12/17/2012 8:11:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:
While it's been a while since one of these games were hosted, the idea has been rattling around my head for a while until I recently decided to give it a shot.

The game revolves around a jury trial, complete with prosecution, defense, judge, jury, witnesses, accused, etc. One team of three will be the prosecution, another team of three will be the defense. A team of five will compose the jury (it was originally seven, and I can expand it to be such, but I was worried about getting enough people), and I will be the judge and the witnesses. In order for the prosecution to win this game, they must get a conviction of whoever they try. For the defense to get the win, they must acquit the accused character. For the jury to win, they must convict the guilty character or acquit the innocent character, depending on who the prosecution tries. Obviously, this allows for joint wins, as the prosecution could try the guilty party and the jury could convict him. Aside from that, though, each party acts independently. For a more specific overview, please see medic's explanation here:

The prosecution and defense will each have their separate PMs with myself to investigate the crime being tried. Both side will be able to ask questions and have access to reports to increase the strength of their case and/or defense. They will be able to interrogate witnesses before they take the stand to testify, just like any other day when investigating a crime. Ultimately, the prosecution will choose a character to try, and that will be when the actual trial will start. From there, there will be a general discussion PM between the prosecution, the defense, and myself, where objections and such can be discussed without de-railing the thread. The jury will also receive a PM where they can discuss the trial and if they should acquit or convict. After the trial is over, the jury will deliver their decision, and I will reveal the results of the game.

With that, those who are interested may sign up below. Keep in mind that this game could very well drag out for a while, and those who wish to participate should be prepared to be in this for the long haul. If you cannot be in this game for longer than a few weeks, I'd advise thinking twice about joining.

Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
ALT.

Jury:
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

Fu*k yeah!
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Niwsa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:15:23 PM
At 12/17/2012 8:13:11 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 12/17/2012 8:11:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

Fu*k yeah!

Sweet
http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
Niwsa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:20:50 PM
Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

Let's just quote this.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:20:56 PM
Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:21:45 PM
At 12/17/2012 8:20:56 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 9:34:21 PM
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

These games are one of the games i can commit to. (Including mafia, World War, and a few others.)
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:00:23 AM
At 12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2013 10:36:17 AM
Just thought i might... BUMB!!!
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

- Looking for Criticism
ObviouslyMafioso
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2013 10:55:17 AM
At 12/19/2012 11:00:23 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2. ObvMaf
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 8:03:23 AM
At 1/3/2013 9:06:14 PM, TUF wrote:
is this still happening?

I sure hope so.

- Looking for Criticism
AmericanNazi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 10:37:32 AM
At 1/3/2013 10:55:17 AM, ObviouslyMafioso wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 12:51:39 PM
At 1/4/2013 10:37:32 AM, AmericanNazi wrote:
At 1/3/2013 10:55:17 AM, ObviouslyMafioso wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 11:44:37 AM
Yes for those of you wondering, I'm still interested in running this although it might take a bit for the trial itself to actually get underway.

Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

I will start once the prosecution has three people and the jury has an odd number of members. Those of you who have not friended me should do so ASAP so that I may send out the required PMs
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 5:06:44 PM
At 1/7/2013 11:44:37 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Yes for those of you wondering, I'm still interested in running this although it might take a bit for the trial itself to actually get underway.

Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5. Man-is-good
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

I will start once the prosecution has three people and the jury has an odd number of members. Those of you who have not friended me should do so ASAP so that I may send out the required PMs
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 6:07:46 PM
At 1/7/2013 5:06:44 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5. Man-is-good
(6). Ishall
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 7:59:39 AM
At 1/7/2013 6:07:46 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:

Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5. Man-is-good
(6). Ishall
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

I will start once the prosecution has three people!!! Come on i need another team member.

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 8:02:27 AM
At 1/8/2013 7:59:39 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
At 1/7/2013 6:07:46 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:

Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5. Man-is-good
(6). Ishall
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

I will start once the prosecution has three people!!! Come on i need another team member.

BUMB AGAIN

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 12:50:30 PM
At 1/9/2013 3:04:46 PM, Niwsa wrote:
Ill switch to prosecution!

Dear god thank you.

- Looking for Criticism
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 3:24:55 PM
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
3. Niwsa
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Ishall
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5. Man-is-good

Dear sweet jesus we actually have this game ready to go. PMs will be sent out momentarily. The set-up will be in the main announcement PM. All investigations will occur in the private team PMs.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 3:28:33 PM
PMs will be sent out as soon as I have everyone on my friends list to send the messages to.
Niwsa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 3:58:01 PM
At 1/10/2013 3:28:33 PM, Zaradi wrote:
PMs will be sent out as soon as I have everyone on my friends list to send the messages to.

Just to let you know AmericanNazi's account has been closed so the prosecution is one short i believe..
Niwsa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 3:59:02 PM
I really want to get this going so perhaps just start it and find someone ASAP if at all possible?
GreenTeas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 7:21:26 PM
At 1/10/2013 3:59:02 PM, Niwsa wrote:
I really want to get this going so perhaps just start it and find someone ASAP if at all possible?

You can sign me up for prosecution.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 9:37:02 PM
I would do this in a heart beat normally, but they work us pretty hard in school at AIT.

I have PT at 4 in the morning, go to school at 7am-5PM, and only get personal time from 5:30-8PM. And weekends. I am trying to run a mafia game, participate in 2, and run 2 debates atm also, so I couldn't promise a lot of activity. But if you cannot find anyone else, I will do my best at being any help I can (may be easier also once some of my debates finish).
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227