Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Trial by Jury sign-ups

Zaradi
Posts: 14,128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:11:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
While it's been a while since one of these games were hosted, the idea has been rattling around my head for a while until I recently decided to give it a shot.

The basic synopsis of this game:

The game revolves around a jury trial, complete with prosecution, defense, judge, jury, witnesses, accused, etc. One team of three will be the prosecution, another team of three will be the defense. A team of five will compose the jury (it was originally seven, and I can expand it to be such, but I was worried about getting enough people), and I will be the judge and the witnesses. In order for the prosecution to win this game, they must get a conviction of whoever they try. For the defense to get the win, they must acquit the accused character. For the jury to win, they must convict the guilty character or acquit the innocent character, depending on who the prosecution tries. Obviously, this allows for joint wins, as the prosecution could try the guilty party and the jury could convict him. Aside from that, though, each party acts independently. For a more specific overview, please see medic's explanation here:

http://www.debate.org...

This is how my specific game will run:

The prosecution and defense will each have their separate PMs with myself to investigate the crime being tried. Both side will be able to ask questions and have access to reports to increase the strength of their case and/or defense. They will be able to interrogate witnesses before they take the stand to testify, just like any other day when investigating a crime. Ultimately, the prosecution will choose a character to try, and that will be when the actual trial will start. From there, there will be a general discussion PM between the prosecution, the defense, and myself, where objections and such can be discussed without de-railing the thread. The jury will also receive a PM where they can discuss the trial and if they should acquit or convict. After the trial is over, the jury will deliver their decision, and I will reveal the results of the game.

With that, those who are interested may sign up below. Keep in mind that this game could very well drag out for a while, and those who wish to participate should be prepared to be in this for the long haul. If you cannot be in this game for longer than a few weeks, I'd advise thinking twice about joining.

Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
2.
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead).
2.
3.
ALT.

Jury:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:13:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 8:11:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:
While it's been a while since one of these games were hosted, the idea has been rattling around my head for a while until I recently decided to give it a shot.

The basic synopsis of this game:

The game revolves around a jury trial, complete with prosecution, defense, judge, jury, witnesses, accused, etc. One team of three will be the prosecution, another team of three will be the defense. A team of five will compose the jury (it was originally seven, and I can expand it to be such, but I was worried about getting enough people), and I will be the judge and the witnesses. In order for the prosecution to win this game, they must get a conviction of whoever they try. For the defense to get the win, they must acquit the accused character. For the jury to win, they must convict the guilty character or acquit the innocent character, depending on who the prosecution tries. Obviously, this allows for joint wins, as the prosecution could try the guilty party and the jury could convict him. Aside from that, though, each party acts independently. For a more specific overview, please see medic's explanation here:

http://www.debate.org...

This is how my specific game will run:

The prosecution and defense will each have their separate PMs with myself to investigate the crime being tried. Both side will be able to ask questions and have access to reports to increase the strength of their case and/or defense. They will be able to interrogate witnesses before they take the stand to testify, just like any other day when investigating a crime. Ultimately, the prosecution will choose a character to try, and that will be when the actual trial will start. From there, there will be a general discussion PM between the prosecution, the defense, and myself, where objections and such can be discussed without de-railing the thread. The jury will also receive a PM where they can discuss the trial and if they should acquit or convict. After the trial is over, the jury will deliver their decision, and I will reveal the results of the game.

With that, those who are interested may sign up below. Keep in mind that this game could very well drag out for a while, and those who wish to participate should be prepared to be in this for the long haul. If you cannot be in this game for longer than a few weeks, I'd advise thinking twice about joining.

Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
2.
3.
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2.
3.
ALT.

Jury:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

Fu*k yeah!
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Niwsa
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:15:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 8:13:11 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 12/17/2012 8:11:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:
While it's been a while since one of these games were hosted, the idea has been rattling around my head for a while until I recently decided to give it a shot.

The basic synopsis of this game:

The game revolves around a jury trial, complete with prosecution, defense, judge, jury, witnesses, accused, etc. One team of three will be the prosecution, another team of three will be the defense. A team of five will compose the jury (it was originally seven, and I can expand it to be such, but I was worried about getting enough people), and I will be the judge and the witnesses. In order for the prosecution to win this game, they must get a conviction of whoever they try. For the defense to get the win, they must acquit the accused character. For the jury to win, they must convict the guilty character or acquit the innocent character, depending on who the prosecution tries. Obviously, this allows for joint wins, as the prosecution could try the guilty party and the jury could convict him. Aside from that, though, each party acts independently. For a more specific overview, please see medic's explanation here:

http://www.debate.org...

This is how my specific game will run:

The prosecution and defense will each have their separate PMs with myself to investigate the crime being tried. Both side will be able to ask questions and have access to reports to increase the strength of their case and/or defense. They will be able to interrogate witnesses before they take the stand to testify, just like any other day when investigating a crime. Ultimately, the prosecution will choose a character to try, and that will be when the actual trial will start. From there, there will be a general discussion PM between the prosecution, the defense, and myself, where objections and such can be discussed without de-railing the thread. The jury will also receive a PM where they can discuss the trial and if they should acquit or convict. After the trial is over, the jury will deliver their decision, and I will reveal the results of the game.

With that, those who are interested may sign up below. Keep in mind that this game could very well drag out for a while, and those who wish to participate should be prepared to be in this for the long haul. If you cannot be in this game for longer than a few weeks, I'd advise thinking twice about joining.

Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
2.
3.
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2.
3.
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2.
3.
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

Fu*k yeah!

Sweet
http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
Niwsa
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:20:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
2.
3.
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2.
3.
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2.
3.
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

Let's just quote this.
http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:20:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
2.
3.
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2.
3.
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3.
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:21:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 8:20:56 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead).
2.
3.
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2.
3.
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
thedebatekid
Posts: 1,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 9:34:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.
3.
ALT.

Defense:
13 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2.
3.
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

These games are one of the games i can commit to. (Including mafia, World War, and a few others.)
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3.
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:00:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
thedebatekid
Posts: 1,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2013 10:36:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just thought i might... BUMB!!!
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
ObviouslyMafioso
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2013 10:55:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/19/2012 11:00:23 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2. ObvMaf
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
thedebatekid
Posts: 1,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 8:03:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/3/2013 9:06:14 PM, TUF wrote:
is this still happening?

I sure hope so.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
AmericanNazi
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 10:37:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/3/2013 10:55:17 AM, ObviouslyMafioso wrote:
At 12/19/2012 11:00:23 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4.
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 12:51:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/4/2013 10:37:32 AM, AmericanNazi wrote:
At 1/3/2013 10:55:17 AM, ObviouslyMafioso wrote:
At 12/19/2012 11:00:23 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Zaradi
Posts: 14,128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 11:44:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yes for those of you wondering, I'm still interested in running this although it might take a bit for the trial itself to actually get underway.

At 12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5.
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

I will start once the prosecution has three people and the jury has an odd number of members. Those of you who have not friended me should do so ASAP so that I may send out the required PMs
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 5:06:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/7/2013 11:44:37 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Yes for those of you wondering, I'm still interested in running this although it might take a bit for the trial itself to actually get underway.

At 12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5. Man-is-good
(6).
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

I will start once the prosecution has three people and the jury has an odd number of members. Those of you who have not friended me should do so ASAP so that I may send out the required PMs
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
ishallannoyyo
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 6:07:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/7/2013 5:06:44 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 1/7/2013 11:44:37 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Yes for those of you wondering, I'm still interested in running this although it might take a bit for the trial itself to actually get underway.

At 12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5. Man-is-good
(6). Ishall
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

I will start once the prosecution has three people and the jury has an odd number of members. Those of you who have not friended me should do so ASAP so that I may send out the required PMs
thedebatekid
Posts: 1,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 7:59:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/7/2013 6:07:46 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
At 1/7/2013 5:06:44 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 1/7/2013 11:44:37 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Yes for those of you wondering, I'm still interested in running this although it might take a bit for the trial itself to actually get underway.

At 12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5. Man-is-good
(6). Ishall
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

I will start once the prosecution has three people!!! Come on i need another team member.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
thedebatekid
Posts: 1,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 8:02:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/8/2013 7:59:39 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
At 1/7/2013 6:07:46 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
At 1/7/2013 5:06:44 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 1/7/2013 11:44:37 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Yes for those of you wondering, I'm still interested in running this although it might take a bit for the trial itself to actually get underway.

At 12/18/2012 8:42:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Prosecution:
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
3.
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Niwsa
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5. Man-is-good
(6). Ishall
(7).
ALT.
ALT.

I will start once the prosecution has three people!!! Come on i need another team member.

BUMB AGAIN
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
thedebatekid
Posts: 1,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 12:50:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2013 3:04:46 PM, Niwsa wrote:
Ill switch to prosecution!

Dear god thank you.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 3:24:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1 (Lead). TheDebateKid
2.Nazi
3. Niwsa
ALT.

Defense:
1 (Lead). Daytonanerd
2. medic
3. TheAntidoter
ALT.

Jury:
1. Ishall
2. SPinko
3. Emo
4. Lannan13
5. Man-is-good

Dear sweet jesus we actually have this game ready to go. PMs will be sent out momentarily. The set-up will be in the main announcement PM. All investigations will occur in the private team PMs.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 3:28:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
PMs will be sent out as soon as I have everyone on my friends list to send the messages to.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Niwsa
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 3:58:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/10/2013 3:28:33 PM, Zaradi wrote:
PMs will be sent out as soon as I have everyone on my friends list to send the messages to.

Just to let you know AmericanNazi's account has been closed so the prosecution is one short i believe..
http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
Niwsa
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 3:59:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I really want to get this going so perhaps just start it and find someone ASAP if at all possible?
http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
GreenTeas
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 7:21:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/10/2013 3:59:02 PM, Niwsa wrote:
I really want to get this going so perhaps just start it and find someone ASAP if at all possible?

You can sign me up for prosecution.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 9:37:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would do this in a heart beat normally, but they work us pretty hard in school at AIT.

I have PT at 4 in the morning, go to school at 7am-5PM, and only get personal time from 5:30-8PM. And weekends. I am trying to run a mafia game, participate in 2, and run 2 debates atm also, so I couldn't promise a lot of activity. But if you cannot find anyone else, I will do my best at being any help I can (may be easier also once some of my debates finish).
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227