drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:04:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Mafia Wins!

Dramatis Persona:
1. TheAntidoter - You are HOUND, the Autobot Scout. Your alternate mode is a Military Jeep. You have powerful sensors and machinery designed to track the enemy. You are the TRACKER. Each night you may select a player and you will be informed of who they visit. You win with the town.

2. Chicken - You are PROWL. You provide for Security for the Autbots. Your alternate mode is a Police Car. Since you are a Police Car you are, obviously, the COP. Each night you may select another player and you will be informed of their affiliation. You win with the town.

3. FourTrouble - You are MEGATRON, leader of the Decepticons. Your alternate mode is a Gun. You are a rutheless and efficient military tyrant. Your primary weapon is a Fusion Cannon strapped to your arm, capable of obliterating any opponent. You are the STRONGMAN. If you perform the mafia night kill, the kill will go through regardless of any and all protection. You win with the Mafia.

4. Jordan - You are MIRAGE, the Autobot Spy. Your alternate mode is a Formula One Race Car. You use your abilities to spy on the others.You are the WATCHER. Each night you may select another player. You will be informed of who visits them. You win with the town.

5. SarcasticIndeed - You are WRECK-GAR, leader of the Junkions. Your alternate mode is a Futuristic Motorcycle. The Junkions are experts at making repairs on the fly, though their methods are not exactly robust. You are the JAILKEEPER. Each night you may select a person, they will be protected from a single kill, and will be roleblocked for that Night. You win with the town.

6. F-16 - You GRIMLOCK. You King of Dinobots. You become mighty T-Rex. You not wait on puny Autobots to talk talk talk talk. You take matters into own hands. You VIGILANTE. Each night, you may kill! You win with town.

7. Lannan13 - You are OPTIMUS PRIME, the Autobot Leader. Your alternate mode is Semi Tractor Trailer Truck. While one of the most powerful Transformers, you are loathe to resort to violence, preferring to find peaceful solutions. However, when need be, you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the greater good. You are the VIRGIN. If you are lynched, everyone will be protected from death during the following Night Phase. You win with the Town.

8. johnnyboy - You are RATCHET, the Autobot Medic. Your alternate mode is an Ambulance. You repair and fix damaged Autobots. You are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select another player and they will be protected from a single kill. You win with the town.

9. Buddamoose - You are SOUND WAVE, Decepticon Communications Officer. Your alternate mode is a Cassette Player. Through the use of your various mini-cassette goons, you can spy on the Autobots and interfere with their actions. You are the ROLEBLOCKER. Each night you may select another player and prevent them from taking any action. You win with the Mafia.

10. airmax - You are STARSCREAM, Air Commander of the Decepticons. Your alternate mode is a Fighter Plane. Since the Autobots are primarily land vehicles, your ability to fly gives you a distinct tactical advantage. You are the NINJA. If you perform the mafia night kill, you will not appear on TRACKER/WATCHER reports. You win with the Mafia.

Analysis:
At a glance, it may appear that the Mafia was overpowered, given that they had both a defense-penetrating role (STRONGMAN) and an investigation-inhibiting role (NINJA). However, they could only ever benefit from one or the other, so had to choose, strategically, which to use each night. Based upon my observation of the game, I basically identify the following as key elements of this game:

1. FourTrouble - The "bus" on Budda essentially established FourTrouble as Town in the eyes of the rest of the players. The only other individual that might have questioned that was F-16, and they killed him NP1. Only later in the game did people really start trying to get claims, but no real effort was made.

2. Lack of Claims - While the list of characters was extensive, with a Cop, Doctor, Jailer, Watcher, Tracker, Vigilante, and Virgin, the mafia would have had a hard time claiming. Any available role (ex: Bulletproof, Bodyguard) would most likely have been one that wasn't confirmable, which would have drawn suspicion. However, only airmax ever claimed, and only character claimed. After Chicken died, character claims should have been gotten from everyone, and last phase, at LYLO, everyone should have given full claims with actions and rationale.

3. Luck - F-16 was doc-protected, but not watched when he died, allowing FT (STRONGMAN) to kill him without being noticed, and Chicken was watched, but not doc-protected when he died, allowing airmax (NINJA) to kill him without being watched, which led to TheAntidoter's death. After that, there were enough holes in Town defense as to make killing a lot easier.

4. Not utilizing the Virgin - Lannan (VIRGIN) had basically two ways of gaining a benefit. Like a weak-hunter, where he lures the lynch, granting a night of no-kills. This only works if it is not known he is the Virgin, which obviously wasn't the case here. The second method was mentioned, but never used: lynching him to get a free night of investigations. This should have been what Town did from Day one. With Day one, there are potentially multiple investigative roles. Giving ALL of them a free night of use is invaluable. No one ever really did anything about it.

Conclusion:
I think this was a successful round of beginner's games. I will be taking a little break and doing my regular game before the next round. The following people now have official credit of passing the Beginners Games:

TheAntidoter
Chicken
Jordan
SarcasticIndeed
Lannan13
Johnnyboy
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:07:41 AM
It was fun, I'll have to try again some time.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:20:40 AM
I WAS FRAMED!

FRAMED I TELL YOU!

It was fun, but that ninja Fvcked with me.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 12:01:15 PM
The lesson the new players should learn.

Watch your votes during LYLO and MYLO. Votes are not necessary to get claims at that phase of the game.

Also, don't let players escape without claiming.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 12:32:44 PM
Fun game everyone. I had fun playing with you guys and I hope you had a good time. This is the first time I've played a beginners game since I think the beginner's 4 series.

I was watching the game after I got killed, and some points I wanted to bring up were:

- Johnny posted the analysis that led to Budda's lynch. FT and I may have suspected Budda but neither of us posted that lynchworthy analysis. (Great job Johnny!) As such, Johnny should never have been on the table for potential lynching and certainly shouldn't have been asked to claim until the very end. I guess it would have difficult to figure out which of FT or Johnny were bussing, but that is where reading the Day Phases closely to analyse who was responsible for the lynch is critical.

- Budda's defense Day 1 is a great example of how to defend yourself when accused. He didn't back down and continued posting more analysis until the very end with the self-hammer. I don't blame him as he wanted to limit the information for town. Scum self-hammers are okay if you want to screw with town - although if you are town, self-hammering is bad.

- TA's lynch made sense as in no one else was seen visiting the kill target. Overall, it was an acceptable mislynch that had to happen.

- Day 2 no lynch was bad for town. If no one could be found to lynch, lynching Lannan would have been a great move to get a no kill that night.

- Johnny's lynch at LYLO was of course terrible. No idea why he got that vote. This goes back to what Drafterman said, don't vote in MYLO/LYLO until you are sure of a lynch.

Anyways, I had a lot of fun, and I hope you did too.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 4:24:02 PM
I think there are a lot of good lessons to be learned from this game. drafter, johnny, and F-16 already raised some of the obvious points.

I will say though, Anti's lynch was not luck. It was just really bad play on Anti's part. The lesson here is to really think about your night-actions. If you can't justify your night-action to the town as something a townie would do, then it's probably not a very good choice. Anti should have tracked lurkers or suspects - Sarcastic, Jordan, airmax, and Chicken would have been great choices for N1, and for N2, airmax was probably the best choice. His decisions ultimately are what led to his demise.

Also, Budda's fake-claim was so awful that it basically guaranteed his lynch without giving the mafia anything in return. Here we have a lesson in fake-claiming - if you are mafia, there are two options when you fake-claim - mafia can claim a common role such as cop/watcher/doc and hope to out a town power-role, or mafia can come up with a great fake-claim with the intent of staying alive. This game demonstrates how quickly a bad fake-claim leads to a lynch, and how important a skill fake-claiming is.

The game also teaches townies how to deal with bussing. A perceptive townie might have realized, especially later in the game, that my early game suspicion of Budda was somewhat unrealistic and easily contrived. I definitely should have had to claim, and in a regular game, I would most certainly have had a good claim ready before bussing Budda in the way I did.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 4:31:49 PM
I agree, that claim of mine was gawd awful. With a stronger claim i find jt likely lannan wouldve ended up lynhed. But in retrospect this wouldve been a negative for mafia. And as it stands lannan for some reason never got lynched, so i guess it all worked out in the end.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 8:31:02 PM
At 12/19/2012 4:24:02 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I think there are a lot of good lessons to be learned from this game. drafter, johnny, and F-16 already raised some of the obvious points.

I will say though, Anti's lynch was not luck. It was just really bad play on Anti's part. The lesson here is to really think about your night-actions. If you can't justify your night-action to the town as something a townie would do, then it's probably not a very good choice. Anti should have tracked lurkers or suspects - Sarcastic, Jordan, airmax, and Chicken would have been great choices for N1, and for N2, airmax was probably the best choice. His decisions ultimately are what led to his demise.

Also, Budda's fake-claim was so awful that it basically guaranteed his lynch without giving the mafia anything in return. Here we have a lesson in fake-claiming - if you are mafia, there are two options when you fake-claim - mafia can claim a common role such as cop/watcher/doc and hope to out a town power-role, or mafia can come up with a great fake-claim with the intent of staying alive. This game demonstrates how quickly a bad fake-claim leads to a lynch, and how important a skill fake-claiming is.

The game also teaches townies how to deal with bussing. A perceptive townie might have realized, especially later in the game, that my early game suspicion of Budda was somewhat unrealistic and easily contrived. I definitely should have had to claim, and in a regular game, I would most certainly have had a good claim ready before bussing Budda in the way I did.

I know exactly what law applies to me getting killed:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net...
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!