Jump to topic:

The DDO Semi-Annual Mafia awards

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 10:51:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am proposing a new idea to the DDO masses. How about we have awards ceremonies in the months of March and September that revolve around DDO mafia. We could have awards in the following categories:

MVP (Best player in DDO mafia for that Half-Year)

Town Player of the Half-Year (Player who plays the most Pro-Town when town and helps town the most when town)

Mafia Player of the Half-Year (Player who helps the mafia the most when playing on the mafia side)

Fake Claimer of the Half-Year (Player who is determined to be the best at Fake-Claiming in the Half-Year)

Most Improved Player (Player who has improved the most in the Half-Year)

Influential Player of the Half-Year (Player who is the best at influencing the town to do what that player wants)

Deducer of the Half-Year (Player who is the best at figuring out roles and game situations in the Half-Year)

Anti-MVP (Player who hurts the side they play on the most.)

The voting system would be

50%- Public Voting
50%- Group of 5 players that I select that I determine to be unbiased and has a great knowledge of the game and games in the past Half-Year
#FeeltheFreezerBern
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 10:53:30 PM
For the group of five, it should be TV, DM, BV, F16, and someone else....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 11:00:02 PM
At 12/23/2012 10:53:30 PM, OberHerr wrote:
For the group of five, it should be TV, DM, BV, F16, and someone else....

Idk about BV. He's gotten really inactive and probably wouldn't know a bunch about current games. My money is on TV, Drafter, F-16, and two other people....xD
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 11:01:05 PM
Most harmful to his faction:Me
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 11:04:56 PM
Important Note: I will select the 5 players exactly one month before Award Night. The public voting will begin 15 days before Award Night, and will end the night before Award Night. The group of 5 must submit their final votes the same night public voting ends. My selection of the 5 will be Private and Secretive. I will keep them to a vow of secrecy as to prevent them from being bribed. The 5 will be revealed on Award Night, and after the reveal, the secrecy vows of the 5 will be lifted.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 8:43:35 AM
vote Lannan13 for most improved playa.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 8:58:59 AM
At 12/24/2012 8:45:44 AM, Danielle wrote:
Why are people on DDO obsessed with awarding themselves?

Because
a. anyone on this site will tell you how much I suck at mafia. Just ask TUF and Thadeus.
b. It's true
c. I don't win d*ck in real life.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 11:59:09 AM
Several people have proposed this before. I decided the leader board was a good substitute to see how people were doing. Which Reminds me, I do need to update that...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 12:04:57 PM

Because we're all nerds with no self-esteem an need constant affirmation of what we're doing from others in order to find value ad entertainment in what we do.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 12:10:43 PM
At 12/24/2012 12:04:57 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Because we're all nerds with no self-esteem an need constant affirmation of what we're doing from others in order to find value ad entertainment in what we do.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 2:08:32 PM
At 12/24/2012 11:59:09 AM, TUF wrote:
Several people have proposed this before. I decided the leader board was a good substitute to see how people were doing. Which Reminds me, I do need to update that...

You're leaderboard isn't a clear-cut indicator of player performance. Someone could just get a bunch of wins by happening to be on the winning side. Your leader board also doesn't credit those who helped their side immensely in losing situations, nor winning situations. As such, your leaderboard is a highly inaccurate benchmark of mafia skill, as you only count wins.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 6:13:34 PM
At 12/24/2012 2:08:32 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

You're leaderboard isn't a clear-cut indicator of player performance. Someone could just get a bunch of wins by happening to be on the winning side. Your leader board also doesn't credit those who helped their side immensely in losing situations, nor winning situations. As such, your leaderboard is a highly inaccurate benchmark of mafia skill, as you only count wins.

Daytona is just mad that he's never won a game.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 6:26:23 PM
At 12/24/2012 6:13:34 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Lmfao, btw, merry christmas(eve) everyovdy!!!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 6:35:15 PM
At 12/23/2012 10:51:31 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I am proposing a new idea to the DDO masses. How about we have awards ceremonies in the months of March and September that revolve around DDO mafia. We could have awards in the following categories:

MVP (Best player in DDO mafia for that Half-Year)

As much as I disagree with his playstyle, his performance throughout this half year(most notably Once Upon A Time Mafia where he legitimately carried and led town to loss as mafia)

Fourtrouble(Merry Chrismtas buddy, i say we let bygones be bygones and start afresh)

Town Player of the Half-Year (Player who plays the most Pro-Town when town and helps town the most when town)

This is a tough one, really between FT and F-16, but definitely the slight edge goes to F-16.

Mafia Player of the Half-Year (Player who helps the mafia the most when playing on the mafia side)

FT, no doubt.

Fake Claimer of the Half-Year (Player who is determined to be the best at Fake-Claiming in the Half-Year)

Logic On Rails. Most notably due to his "OMG TOWN FAKE-Claimer" in LoTR mafia earlier this year in which he single-handedly won the game for town.

Gotta say its a tie between Johnny and IFLYHIGH. Ive been extremely impressed with how far along they've come and consider them well in the realm of more experienced and skilled players at this point.

Influential Player of the Half-Year (Player who is the best at influencing the town to do what that player wants)

Drafterman, this guy will, and should, win this award the entire time he plays here. The guy is seriously good at getting people to sheep. A honorable mention to F-16 for being one of the tougher players to discredit as mafia.

Deducer of the Half-Year (Player who is the best at figuring out roles and game situations in the Half-Year)

This is a tough one, tie between FT and F-16.

Anti-MVP (Player who hurts the side they play on the most.)

I refuse to comment. This is entirely insulting to players, and should honestly imo not even be an award unless its in a "haha thats humurous" viewpoint.

The voting system would be

50%- Public Voting
50%- Group of 5 players that I select that I determine to be unbiased and has a great knowledge of the game and games in the past Half-Year
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 6:35:55 PM
At 12/24/2012 12:10:43 PM, TUF wrote:
At 12/24/2012 12:04:57 PM, Zaradi wrote:

#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 6:37:44 PM

Yeah, I won a few games, actually.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 10:52:52 PM
At 12/24/2012 6:37:44 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Yeah, I've never won anything, actually.

It's okay. There there, little child.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 11:05:02 PM
At 12/24/2012 10:52:52 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Yeah, I've won everything, actually.

I understand you being jealous of me. It's normal human behavior.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 12:37:23 AM
At 12/24/2012 11:05:02 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Yeah, I've never won anything, actually.

I understand you being sympathetic to me. It's normal human behavior.

I try to be a good person. It's just what comes naturally to me.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 12:40:18 AM
At 12/25/2012 12:37:23 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/24/2012 11:05:02 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Yeah, I won everything, actually.

I understand you being jealous of me. It's normal human behavior.

I try to be a dick. It's just what comes naturally to me.

Some people have their talents in certain areas. I'm glad you embrace them.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 1:56:06 AM
Despite my doubts as to the accuracy of these awards, I'll do my bit to help by listing the game that I think fall under this half-year's banner:

1. LOTR Mafia by Blackhawk
2. Slaves of Time by Mestari
3. Avatar the Last Airbender by Jordan
4. Electronic Device by Buddamoose
5. Philosophers by Social
6. A Not So Quaint Town by yours truly
7. Celebs by Blackvoid
8. Legend of Korra by Daytona
9. Fire and Ice by F-16
10. The Colony by Zaradi
11. American Politics by Social (2 games so quickly!?)
12. School District by Jordan

Those games are the only completed games since September I believe. Note: I'm excluding beginner games.

Now, continuing on from that you have severe issues in determining who is the best, for what reasons etc. Besides, unless anybody has played in all the games it's difficult to make perfect judgements. To best demonstrate I'll refer to myself and show how it truly is difficult to accurately judge.

In LOTR I singlehandedly won the game for the town, and I mean singlehandedly; Blackhawk ended the game because I found a game winning strategy DP 1. In Slaves of Time... I was investigated guilty by the paranoid cop NP 1, made the case that the cop was paranoid (the only person in the game to do so!!) yet got lynched; the cop never figured out he was paranoid all game. In Avatar I got the MVP and thoroughly crushed a bunch of people. In Legend of Korra the Mafia (I was on that team) got smashed. In Ice and Fire I got killed by the vengeful townie DP 1.

Those last 2 games make me sound horrible, don't they? That's because nobody remembers the context. In Legend of Korra the 3rd party knew every role in existence and the Mafia had no character claims to use; it was impossible to win that game, yet I lasted the longest of the Mafia. In Ice and Fire the only person to suspect me just happened to be the vengeful townie.

Now you're probably thinking that I'm actually pretty brilliant. That could be countered. Avatar Mafia had a relatively weak line-up of town players. Yes, my LOTR victory was impressive in my understanding of role mechanics, but it was a dash cheap. Point is, I haven't been in the most nail-biting games of the past few months.

And that's just the surface of how one might evaluate my play! You the n have to do it with everybody else... good luck. I may consider voting later.

Finally, how about we give an award for best designed game or best moderator? I think that really ought to be recognised. Good game designs ought to be rewarded. From what I know of all the above games, I'd be tossing up between Slaves of Time and A Not So Quaint Town, but one could argue that I exhibit bias...
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 2:05:08 AM
Yeah, I agree with adding a best game award. I'd personally say it'd be either A Not So Quaint Town or Fire and Ice. Also, what ever happened to Maxx? He was looking like the next BV/FT/F-16 there for a little while.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 10:27:13 PM
At 12/25/2012 1:56:06 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Despite my doubts as to the accuracy of these awards, I'll do my bit to help by listing the game that I think fall under this half-year's banner:

1. LOTR Mafia by Blackhawk
2. Slaves of Time by Mestari
3. Avatar the Last Airbender by Jordan
4. Electronic Device by Buddamoose
5. Philosophers by Social
6. A Not So Quaint Town by yours truly
7. Celebs by Blackvoid
8. Legend of Korra by Daytona
9. Fire and Ice by F-16
10. The Colony by Zaradi
11. American Politics by Social (2 games so quickly!?)
12. School District by Jordan

Those games are the only completed games since September I believe. Note: I'm excluding beginner games.

Now, continuing on from that you have severe issues in determining who is the best, for what reasons etc. Besides, unless anybody has played in all the games it's difficult to make perfect judgements. To best demonstrate I'll refer to myself and show how it truly is difficult to accurately judge.

In LOTR I singlehandedly won the game for the town, and I mean singlehandedly; Blackhawk ended the game because I found a game winning strategy DP 1. In Slaves of Time... I was investigated guilty by the paranoid cop NP 1, made the case that the cop was paranoid (the only person in the game to do so!!) yet got lynched; the cop never figured out he was paranoid all game. In Avatar I got the MVP and thoroughly crushed a bunch of people. In Legend of Korra the Mafia (I was on that team) got smashed. In Ice and Fire I got killed by the vengeful townie DP 1.

Those last 2 games make me sound horrible, don't they? That's because nobody remembers the context. In Legend of Korra the 3rd party knew every role in existence

False. Zaradi, the 3rd party, only knew characters, not roles

and the Mafia had no character claims to use; it was impossible to win that game, yet I lasted the longest of the Mafia. In Ice and Fire the only person to suspect me just happened to be the vengeful townie.

Now you're probably thinking that I'm actually pretty brilliant. That could be countered. Avatar Mafia had a relatively weak line-up of town players. Yes, my LOTR victory was impressive in my understanding of role mechanics, but it was a dash cheap. Point is, I haven't been in the most nail-biting games of the past few months.

And that's just the surface of how one might evaluate my play! You the n have to do it with everybody else... good luck. I may consider voting later.

Finally, how about we give an award for best designed game or best moderator? I think that really ought to be recognised. Good game designs ought to be rewarded. From what I know of all the above games, I'd be tossing up between Slaves of Time and A Not So Quaint Town, but one could argue that I exhibit bias...
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 10:28:30 PM
At 12/25/2012 2:05:08 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Yeah, I agree with adding a best game award. I'd personally say it'd be either A Not So Quaint Town or Fire and Ice. Also, what ever happened to Maxx? He was looking like the next BV/FT/F-16 there for a little while.

Alright. I'll throw out the Anti-MVP out, and put in the Best Game award. I'm glad you guys are on board for this idea.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 10:31:45 PM
At 12/25/2012 10:27:13 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Ah, my mistake. It doesn't disprove my point though - knowing the characters was more destructive to the Mafia than the roles given the theme!
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 10:33:17 PM
At 12/25/2012 10:31:45 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 12/25/2012 10:27:13 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Ah, my mistake. It doesn't disprove my point though - knowing the characters was more destructive to the Mafia than the roles given the theme!

Whatever. I had a fair amount of roles that could have stopped Zaradi. Problem is, your team killed them all.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 8:35:06 AM

Roger that. I don't need to explain how difficult it would be to do a leaderboard measuring skill, especially since skill is subjective.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 8:48:10 AM
At 12/24/2012 6:35:15 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Gotta say its a tie between Johnny and IFLYHIGH. Ive been extremely impressed with how far along they've come and consider them well in the realm of more experienced and skilled players at this point.

Thanks! I needed the ego boost.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.